Stats: 3,150,909 members, 7,810,500 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:11 AM

2019: Olawepo Hashim Pulls Out Of ANN Presidential Primaries - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2019: Olawepo Hashim Pulls Out Of ANN Presidential Primaries (7601 Views)

Fela Durotoye Receives Certificate Of Return As Official Flag Bearer Of ANN / Untold Story Of ANN Presidential Primaries / 25 Points From Interview Of ANN Presidential Aspirant, Olawepo Hashim (2) (3) (4)

2019: Olawepo Hashim Pulls Out Of ANN Presidential Primaries by bilms(m): 11:12pm On Sep 28, 2018
Olawepo-Hashim Pulls Out Of ANN Presidential Primaries

Mr. Gbenga Olawepo-Hashim, a presidential aspirant and key financier of the Alliance for New Nigeria (ANN), has announced his withdrawal from the presidential race, on grounds of breach of party’s constitutional procedure in the build-up to it presidential primaries scheduled for Saturday, September 29.

Olawepo-Hashim, hitherto the favoured aspirant to clinch the party’s presidential candidacy slot, said in a letter addressed to the party chairman that the abnormalities he mentioned to the chairman at their Wednesday meetings have not been corrected, in what he alleges amounts to a disrespect for the constitution of the party.

Dated September 28, the aspirant who has toured a substantial part of the country campaigning for delegates’ support noted, “The list of delegates has not been provided to me as a presidential aspirant on the platform of the ANN.

“This is contrary to the Constitution of the ANN and the Electoral Act. This is such a fundamental flaw as to render any exercise purporting to be presidential primaries to be nugatory.”

Olawepo-Hashim said it is unfortunate that even on the eve of the so-called primaries, guidelines for the primaries, which ought to have been approved by the National Executive Committee (NEC) and issued at least seven days before the elections, are not available.

“The absence of guidelines to guide the conduct of the primaries constitute a grave violation of our party’s Constitution and the Electoral Act.

“The arrangements for the presidential primaries have not been published so that everyone will know. Who are those to conduct the primaries, including accreditation of delegates, screening of aspirants etc. As a presidential aspirant, I am yet to know the arrangements put in place for the conduct of the primaries.

“I regret to inform you that I will not participate in tomorrow’s primaries until the constitution of the party is respected and all the defects are rectified,” the statement read in part.

https://independent.ng/olawepo-hashim-pulls-out-of-ann-presidential-primaries/amp/

Re: 2019: Olawepo Hashim Pulls Out Of ANN Presidential Primaries by Nobody: 11:27pm On Sep 28, 2018

Re: 2019: Olawepo Hashim Pulls Out Of ANN Presidential Primaries by mabaz(m): 11:27pm On Sep 28, 2018
Nonsense
Re: 2019: Olawepo Hashim Pulls Out Of ANN Presidential Primaries by honey001(m): 11:27pm On Sep 28, 2018
Even this mushroom party too?
Re: 2019: Olawepo Hashim Pulls Out Of ANN Presidential Primaries by aolawale025: 11:28pm On Sep 28, 2018
Lenin why??
Re: 2019: Olawepo Hashim Pulls Out Of ANN Presidential Primaries by tstx(m): 11:28pm On Sep 28, 2018
Re: 2019: Olawepo Hashim Pulls Out Of ANN Presidential Primaries by buhariguy(m): 11:29pm On Sep 28, 2018
This irrelevant thing want to be president of the jobless aggressive lazy idiotic pigs of bia-fra terrorist.

Re: 2019: Olawepo Hashim Pulls Out Of ANN Presidential Primaries by ipobarecriminals: 11:36pm On Sep 28, 2018
Re: 2019: Olawepo Hashim Pulls Out Of ANN Presidential Primaries by Nobody: 11:37pm On Sep 28, 2018
buhariguy:
This irrelevant thing want to be president of the jobless aggressive lazy idiotic pigs of bia-fra terrorist.
Can you say any other sensible thing apart from this spam Comments?

Re: 2019: Olawepo Hashim Pulls Out Of ANN Presidential Primaries by Buterflyle0: 11:38pm On Sep 28, 2018
Lmao a party that cannot follow their own party constitution want to rule Nigerians. It is not a small something grin

Re: 2019: Olawepo Hashim Pulls Out Of ANN Presidential Primaries by Nobody: 11:47pm On Sep 28, 2018
buhariguy:
Na wa for u o, wetin concern Biafra with this na?

Your phone must be on reminder when u are typing because every comment u make ends with what u just typed.

You must be the odd one out of all PMB supporters.
Sarrki, , Gavelsam, etc come up with excellent arguments always but yours is always same, why?

Re: 2019: Olawepo Hashim Pulls Out Of ANN Presidential Primaries by MANNABBQGRILLS: 11:52pm On Sep 28, 2018
I regret to inform you that I will not participate in tomorrow’s primaries until the constitution of the party is respected and all the defects are rectified,” the statement read in part.

Heeeeyah!
This man don vex o, and assuming he participated maybe he would have atleast be in the first 25, perhaps!!!
cheesy wink

Re: 2019: Olawepo Hashim Pulls Out Of ANN Presidential Primaries by naijacentric(m): 11:52pm On Sep 28, 2018
Its like most active guys on nairaland on political matters are on apc and pdp meal ticket i see a lot of ass licking may God save dis youths

Re: 2019: Olawepo Hashim Pulls Out Of ANN Presidential Primaries by bilms(m): 12:25am On Sep 29, 2018
If ANN lose a credible person like Hashim, the party is dead
Re: 2019: Olawepo Hashim Pulls Out Of ANN Presidential Primaries by cbrass(m): 12:47am On Sep 29, 2018
Why must the delegates list be given to you, what do you need it for?

Re: 2019: Olawepo Hashim Pulls Out Of ANN Presidential Primaries by cbrass(m): 12:48am On Sep 29, 2018
bilms:

That's a lie

Re: 2019: Olawepo Hashim Pulls Out Of ANN Presidential Primaries by cbrass(m): 12:49am On Sep 29, 2018
post=71620263:
I regret to inform you that I will not participate in tomorrow’s primaries until the constitution of the party is respected and all the defects are rectified,” the statement read in part.

Heeeeyah!
This man don vex o, and assuming he participated maybe he would have atleast be in the first 25, perhaps!!!
cheesy wink

Can the man tell us why he wants to see the delegates, what is he up to
Re: 2019: Olawepo Hashim Pulls Out Of ANN Presidential Primaries by cbrass(m): 12:51am On Sep 29, 2018
Buterflyle0:
Lmao a party that cannot follow their own party constitution want to rule Nigerians. It is not a small something grin

Did you take your time to read the post?
Re: 2019: Olawepo Hashim Pulls Out Of ANN Presidential Primaries by cbrass(m): 12:54am On Sep 29, 2018
bilms:
Olawepo-Hashim Pulls Out Of ANN Presidential Primaries

Mr. Gbenga Olawepo-Hashim, a presidential aspirant and key financier of the Alliance for New Nigeria (ANN), has announced his withdrawal from the presidential race, on grounds of breach of party’s constitutional procedure in the build-up to it presidential primaries scheduled for Saturday, September 29.

Olawepo-Hashim, hitherto the favoured aspirant to clinch the party’s presidential candidacy slot, said in a letter addressed to the party chairman that the abnormalities he mentioned to the chairman at their Wednesday meetings have not been corrected, in what he alleges amounts to a disrespect for the constitution of the party.

Dated September 28, the aspirant who has toured a substantial part of the country campaigning for delegates’ support noted, “The list of delegates has not been provided to me as a presidential aspirant on the platform of the ANN.

“This is contrary to the Constitution of the ANN and the Electoral Act. This is such a fundamental flaw as to render any exercise purporting to be presidential primaries to be nugatory.”

Olawepo-Hashim said it is unfortunate that even on the eve of the so-called primaries, guidelines for the primaries, which ought to have been approved by the National Executive Committee (NEC) and issued at least seven days before the elections, are not available.

“The absence of guidelines to guide the conduct of the primaries constitute a grave violation of our party’s Constitution and the Electoral Act.

“The arrangements for the presidential primaries have not been published so that everyone will know. Who are those to conduct the primaries, including accreditation of delegates, screening of aspirants etc. As a presidential aspirant, I am yet to know the arrangements put in place for the conduct of the primaries.

“I regret to inform you that I will not participate in tomorrow’s primaries until the constitution of the party is respected and all the defects are rectified,” the statement read in part.

https://independent.ng/olawepo-hashim-pulls-out-of-ann-presidential-primaries/amp/

You are not the only one contestin, we will not let you hijack the party

Re: 2019: Olawepo Hashim Pulls Out Of ANN Presidential Primaries by bencr7: 1:01am On Sep 29, 2018
buhariguy:
guy who do u like diz na, go pray make ur village people give u back ur sense, becuz diz ur pig pig pig every time...

Re: 2019: Olawepo Hashim Pulls Out Of ANN Presidential Primaries by Buterflyle0: 1:02am On Sep 29, 2018
cbrass:

Did you take your time to read the post?

I did, did you?
Re: 2019: Olawepo Hashim Pulls Out Of ANN Presidential Primaries by Nobody: 1:22am On Sep 29, 2018
At last, this young man has seen a reason to throw in the towel. I admire his courage to declare interest even when he knew Nigerians were not yet ready to reason beyond money and ethnic politics.

When other third world countries are trying to brush up the image of their countries, build their economy by electing young and vibrant youths, Nigeria is still battling ethnicity and political jingoism. Pitiful.

Re: 2019: Olawepo Hashim Pulls Out Of ANN Presidential Primaries by GboyegaD(m): 1:45am On Sep 29, 2018
I love his stance. This is what I call dignity. If it has to be done, it should be done properly.
Re: 2019: Olawepo Hashim Pulls Out Of ANN Presidential Primaries by otunde527: 1:55am On Sep 29, 2018
Knew it would happen

Get a cheaper mean
Re: 2019: Olawepo Hashim Pulls Out Of ANN Presidential Primaries by Youngsage: 6:47am On Sep 29, 2018
bilms:

oh shut up please. undecided

I wonder how much you are paid for these threads
Re: 2019: Olawepo Hashim Pulls Out Of ANN Presidential Primaries by pgoks: 7:36am On Sep 29, 2018
[quote author=bilms post=71620583]If ANN lose a credible person like Hashim, the party is dead[/quote

the party was credible before he joined And id he leaves it would still be credible]
Re: 2019: Olawepo Hashim Pulls Out Of ANN Presidential Primaries by cbrass(m): 9:42am On Sep 29, 2018
Buterflyle0:

I did, did you?

I did it seems you didn't understand what Olawepo was trying to do there, he wants to induce the delegates with money. The man is very rich and thinks his money will buy him the ticket but he failed hence he pulling out. All what the OP put up there is just lies
Re: 2019: Olawepo Hashim Pulls Out Of ANN Presidential Primaries by cbrass(m): 9:47am On Sep 29, 2018
GboyegaD:
I love his stance. This is what I call dignity. If it has to be done, it should be done properly.

Dignity? Except dignity has another meaning. I am sure u don't know what Olawepo planned to do with the delegates list
Re: 2019: Olawepo Hashim Pulls Out Of ANN Presidential Primaries by koolbe(m): 11:45am On Sep 29, 2018
The man didn't have d balls to contest against Fela Durotoye. Fela has been on a nationwide tour in d past 5months and even emerged PACT consensus candidate. How does he expect to defeat Fela at a primaries. I suggest he does d honourable thing by participating and accepting whatever d outcome is.

Amazing Pictures Of Olawepo Hashim's Meeting With PT Excos In Abuja / Congratulations To Ize Iyamu / Sokoto Police Deny Reports Of Attack On State Mosque, Kidnap Of 48 Worshippers