Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,216 members, 7,829,358 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:46 AM

We Need Anti-piracy Board For The Entertainment Industry – Mr Ibu - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / We Need Anti-piracy Board For The Entertainment Industry – Mr Ibu (208 Views)

Waconzy Accuses Naijaloaded Of Music Piracy / Bambam Receives Aisha Buhari Award For Contribution To Entertainment Industry / Top 10 'Small Girls With Big God' In The Nigerian Entertainment Industry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

We Need Anti-piracy Board For The Entertainment Industry – Mr Ibu by Mrakeli: 3:49am On Sep 29, 2018
Comic actor, John Okafor, popularly known as Mr Ibu, has called on the federal government to, as a matter of urgency, establish an anti-piracy board for the entertainment industry in Nigeria to cushion the effect of piracy. Mr Ibu made this known while speaking with Akelicious recently. According to him, the industry needs this anti-piracy board urgently. “I suggested it to the Senate during an interview when I attended the birthday party of the Senate President. I told them, the government should stop giving actors guild money. I would say it again, the government should stop giving actors guild money. Give us a location where we can build our home, where we can call “Nollywood City, then we will look for sponsors. When we make the approach, these sponsors would know that the government is already with us in whatever we are going to do. And again, since we have NAFDAC that are in charge of food and drugs in Nigeria, we have EFCC in corruption, then let’s have anti-piracy board for the entertainment industry, those people that will take care of us. And we would be very happy because anybody who is a writer will write more when the film is sold, when actors act more, when directors direct more and when marketers market more. But if this virus called piracy is going to continually plague the sector, then that means we are labouring for nothing. Somebody can even sponsor it, I would be the happiest when that happens,” he explained.

https://www.akelicious.net/2018/09/we-need-anti-piracy-board-for.html

(1) (Reply)

How To Upload Video To Your Youtube Channel In 2018 / Stylish Living? / Whatsapp Hacking Report: Your Whatsapp May Beat At Risk-cnnblog.com

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.