Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,188 members, 7,811,479 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:39 PM

Delta 2019 : Dr. Cairo Solicits Support From APC Delegates In Delta Primaries - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Delta 2019 : Dr. Cairo Solicits Support From APC Delegates In Delta Primaries (312 Views)

Biography Of Dr. Cairo Ojougboh: A Look Into His Life And Legacy / Tinubu Reconciles APC In Ondo, Solicits Support For Akeredolu’s 2nd Term (Pics) / Patrick Obahiagbon Kneeling To Beg APC Delegates In Edo State (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Delta 2019 : Dr. Cairo Solicits Support From APC Delegates In Delta Primaries by Shobowalebola: 10:30am On Sep 29, 2018
The frontline governorship aspirant of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in Delta State, Dr. Cairo Godson Ojougboh, has urged delegates of the APC in the state to vote for him as their preferred candidate in the forthcoming governorship primary election, because he represents peace, stability and the much needed progress not only in the party but to the entire state.

In a statement released by his media campaign office in Asaba on Monday and signed by Mr. Udeh Kenneth, it stated that "Dr. Cairo as a true democrat is convinced that power belongs to the people (delegates), which they must freely exercise on Saturday by voting for a credible candidate with the gravitas to dislodge the incumbent government and lead the APC to victory in the forthcoming general elections in the state. 
According to the statement, politics was not a-do-or die affair and he was not a self seeking contestant, but a man devoted to public service for public interest. He also promised to work with other contestants and unite the party if giving the party's mandate come Saturday.

The statement quoted Dr. Cairo to have said that, “I have a firm belief that power comes from God and the people, and they alone can give it to whom they choose. I have, before making my intention known publicly, visited all other aspirants and all nooks and crannies of the state to formerly inform them of my intention to contest for the governorship. I solicited their support to emerge as a flag-bearer and assured them of mine if any one of the aspirants emerged.

“I also stand by my personal resolutions of serving for one term and working with other contestants to form an all inclusive APC government. These can only happen if we build trust and confidence amongst all aspirants. Once more, I urge all delegates to support my candidacy and I pray for a hitch free process come this Sunday."

http://www.correctapro.com/2018/09/delta-2019-dr-cairo-solicits-support.html

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Explosion Goes Off Near APC Secretariat In Rivers / He Didn't Spent 2years In Power / Port Harcourt Agog As PDP Holds National Convention To Pick Presidential Candida

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.