Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,067 members, 7,810,996 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:19 PM

The Truth About Gbenga Olawepo-hashim's Withdrawal From Ann Primaries - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Truth About Gbenga Olawepo-hashim's Withdrawal From Ann Primaries (1005 Views)

Gbenga Olawepo Hashim Joins APC / Gbenga Olawepo: The President Nigeria Needs / Gbenga Olawepo-Hashim: I Am Ready For Debate With Buhari Not Osinbajo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Truth About Gbenga Olawepo-hashim's Withdrawal From Ann Primaries by Truthtoday: 10:45am On Sep 29, 2018
Last night, Mr. Gbenga Olawepo-Hashim, a presidential aspirant under the Alliance for New Nigeria (ANN) announced his withdrawal from the presidential primaries scheduled for today, Saturday, 29th September 2018 on the grounds that the party hadn't given him the list of delegates who were going to be a part of the electoral process.

In a letter issued to the National Chairman of ANN, Olawepo-Hashim stated that "The list of delegates has not been provided to me as a Presidential aspirant on the platform of the ANN. This is contrary to the constitution of the ANN and the Electoral Act. This is such a fundamental flaw as to render any exercise purporting to be presidential primaries to be nugatory.”

He further stated that “The absence of guidelines to guide the conduct of the primaries constitute a grave violation of our party’s Constitution and the Electoral Act."

Mr. Olawepo-Hashim went further to say that “The arrangements for the Presidential Primary has not been published so that everyone will know. Who are those to conduct the primaries, including accreditation of delegates, screening of aspirants etc? As a Presidential aspirant, I am yet to know the arrangements put in place for the conduct of the primaries,”

The above claims by Mr. Olawepo-Hashim are all a propaganda to discredit the Alliance for New Nigeria (ANN), a party that came into the scene to be the difference and provide a platform for credible candidates who truly have a heart for the people to run for office in order to bring about the New Nigeria that we all desperately seek.

First of all, the ANN constitution does not in any way state how it will conduct its primaries neither does it say that aspirants will be given the list of delegates who should partake in the voting process of the primaries. The party deserves and has the right to conduct their primaries however they want in order to accomplish their objectives of providing a level playing field for all aspirants and especially to avoid any form of corruption in its processes.

The practice in other parties is to give out the list of delegates to their handpicked aspirant who then goes ahead to bribe the delegates one by one in order to turn the primaries to their favour. Unfortunately, ANN will not practice such and being one of the founding fathers of PDP, it is expected that Mr. Olawepo-Hashim will not find that funny.

On the other hand, it was discovered that on Mr. Olawepo-Hashim's visit to the State chairmen of the party that he was busy trying to bribe them to influence the delegates from the states to vote for him in the primaries. This action is one of the many things that ANN stands against and will not allow him that opportunity.

It's very likely that Mr. Olawepo-Hashim has had first hand experience that indeed ANN is not like other parties and has seen that he stands no chance at winning the primaries and therefore decided to withdraw from the primaries using propaganda to aid his decision.

Besides, if there was anything wrong with the guidelines or conduct of ANN in its preparation for the primaries, it is unlikely that Fela Durotoye who is well known for his die-hard integrity would have objected and probably withdrawn a long time before the eve of the primaries, but this is not the case.

Just this morning, on inquiring about what really happened, a reliable source from the party who asked to be anonymous stated that Mr. Olawepo-Hashim pulled out from the primaries because he wanted to change the date of the primaries and when ANN stood their grounds, he wanted to proceed to the court to get a court injunction but unfortunately for him, the court was closed because of the NLC strike.

The reliable source further stated that ANN intended for the two candidates to have a debate to help the electorates decide who was a better candidate and Mr. Olawepo-Hashim didn't want to debate with Fela Durotoye for obvious reasons—he will lose as he doesn't stand a chance.

Again, Mr. Olawepo-Hashim went to see if INEC could stop the primaries from happening and INEC informed him that they can not get involved in what is happening at the party level.

Therefore the truth of Mr. Olawepo Hashim's withdrawal just few hours to the primaries which is slated for today is mainly because he wasn't allowed to know all the delegates and have some uncommon familiarization with them as this is tantamount to inducement of the delegates, which the ANN party will not have anything to do with.

He probably wanted to push the primaries, get the names of the delegates so he can influence them to give him their votes. Unfortunately, this didn't happen like he thought, and so why bother with showing up at the primaries to witness a landslide defeat?

His withdrawal is also due to the fact that he has discovered that he cannot push ANN around like other parties who are used to taking money from politicians and doing their bids to the disadvantage of Nigeria and to the slavery of her people.

This is nothing but the truth.

Truly the ANN is THE DIFFERENCE and today's primaries will hold as scheduled at the Nicon Luxury Hotel, Abuja by 10am prompt.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Truth About Gbenga Olawepo-hashim's Withdrawal From Ann Primaries by cbrass(m): 11:09am On Sep 29, 2018
I wish I can give this post a million likes

@seun @lalasticlala @obinoscopy this is the truth of the matter, this should be sent to the front page pls

1 Like

Re: The Truth About Gbenga Olawepo-hashim's Withdrawal From Ann Primaries by cbrass(m): 11:13am On Sep 29, 2018
Cc @oam4j

1 Like

Re: The Truth About Gbenga Olawepo-hashim's Withdrawal From Ann Primaries by cbrass(m): 11:17am On Sep 29, 2018
Cc @mynd44 this is another report on the matter, pls help move it to the front page, to counter the lies that was pushed to the front page earlier. Pls stand for the truth.

1 Like

Re: The Truth About Gbenga Olawepo-hashim's Withdrawal From Ann Primaries by QJay: 11:20am On Sep 29, 2018
What won't the ALMIGHTY INTELLIGENT DESIGNER do when it comes to delivering people from the shackles of slavery as is the case of her royal majesty, Nigeria? She is blessed with greenery and beauty in form of credible leaders who can stand and exorcise her to get rid her of all the BASTARDS(DEVILS) within and lurking around her GOVERNANCE! So help all ANN CREDIBLE MEMBERS AND OTHER GOOD CITIZENS OF NIGERIA, OH GOD OF ALL GODS, AMEN!

2 Likes

Re: The Truth About Gbenga Olawepo-hashim's Withdrawal From Ann Primaries by Figoinc(m): 12:28pm On Sep 29, 2018
This is how God answers prayers. These people think they can continue having their way and ruining the destiny of Nigeria and Nigerians.

Thank God for a party like this who know why they are in the game.

1 Like

Re: The Truth About Gbenga Olawepo-hashim's Withdrawal From Ann Primaries by godman01(m): 2:31pm On Sep 29, 2018
Do we have to beg before putting this on Frontpage
Re: The Truth About Gbenga Olawepo-hashim's Withdrawal From Ann Primaries by brickswrites: 6:38pm On Sep 29, 2018
This is a blatant lie!

I wish you all know what Fela has gotten, he is an agent planted from the Vice president's office and the New chairman was brought in to deliver for them and accomplish their plans as he is also a Pastor in RCCG too.

My dear people, let's be wise in who we support, Fela is a business man and will laugh home at the end of the day. 50% of his money has been paid already but if you all are doubting this, wait and see were he will get to! With assurance, he will drop and crash his structure in to PMB's at the end of the day.

Fela's presidential ambition is now a business thing and isn't real again, it been compromised because of money.
Re: The Truth About Gbenga Olawepo-hashim's Withdrawal From Ann Primaries by bilms(m): 6:44pm On Sep 29, 2018
ANN SPLITS, AS NINETEEN PARTY CHAIRMEN FIX WEDNESDAY FOR PRESIDENTIAL PRIMARY, CONVENTION
“I AM STILL IN THE RACE ON ANN TICKET” Olawepo-Hashim
The controversial convention of the Alliance for New Nigeria (ANN) supposedly fixed for today, Saturday, may have failed with the withdrawal of nineteen out of the twenty- six state chapters of the political party, while the majority chairmen have fixed Wednesday October 3 for the convention proper.
The withdrawals announced yesterday followed the statement by frontline presidential aspirant, Mr. Olawepo-Hashim protesting the hurriedly organised convention by a faction of the party.
Olawepo-Hashim however corrected impressions that he has withdrawn from the presidential race, saying he surely has not. “I am in the race. I have only pulled out of the hurried convention of the ANN fixed for today, Saturday, purportedly to elect the presidential candidate. I am still in the race for 2019 by the special grace of God”
At a crowded press conference on Saturday, the nineteen party chairmen, who are NEC members, were joined by party chieftains like the former Chairman, Dr. Jay Osi-Samuels, Mr. Olawepo-Hashim, National Secretary, Deputy National Chairman, Alhaji Tijanni Isa, Alhaji Sahid Umar, National Organising Secretary, Hon. Makanjuola Ogundipe, amongst others.
They reinstated the determination of the party to truly remain a new platform for the revival of Nigeria. They therefore vowed to resist “the infiltration of desperate boy scouts and neophytes benefiting from diverted public funds”
Pursuant to the more proper convention, the state chairmen are to hold a National Executive Committee (NEC) meeting Saturday evening in what is said to comply with “procedures and in the interest of laying a good foundation for party processes and programmes”
In another letter to the National Chairman as well, Olawepo-Hashim regretted that the “issues raised in the first letter dated September 28 have not been addressed. As a result, the number of states and their delegates will not be available for the Saturday hurriedly put-together convention. Nevertheless, it is my belief that the party still has the opportunity to redeem itself”
Some of the issues were listed as Postponement of the Presidential Primaries to Wednesday, 3 October 2018, the adoption of a credible list of delegates to be authenticated by chairmen and secretaries of each state, and the decision on the states who have held congresses and who are still omitted in the list of delegates, such as Kano, Katsina, etc.
The others are decision on the status of women and youths of states who were excluded in the delegates’ lists, and the decision of the states that have not yet conducted their congresses, but are legally constituted, such as Abia, Adamawa, Gombe, etc.
In view of these irregularities, the straight speaking politician concluded: “Because of these very weighty issues, which are constitutional, legal and principled matters. I ask for a postponement so that a proper Presidential Primaries will be conducted”
The state party chairmen at the press conference who obviously boycotted Saturday convention, with their delegates are Hussain Zakari (Jigawa), Charlie Anubob (Anambra), Yahaya Silvanus (Kaduna); Aliyu Idris Zakari (Katsina), Ibrahim Abubakar (FCT), and Nasiru Garba (Zamfara).
The others are Abubakar Chika (Sokoto); Alabi Sunday (Osun); Anthony Akika (Nasarawa), Uzo Ogbonna (Abia), Lawrence Emmanuel (Ondo); Apeh Sunday (Kogi), Elder Obe Ilesanmi (Ekiti), and Adamu Garuba (Gombe).
The rest dignitaries are Alh. Boye Jega (Kebbi), Alh. Ali Haruna (Kano), Chief Onome (Lagos), Deputy National Chairman, Isa Tijjani, National Youth Leader, Akinola Olumide, National Women Leader, Ajoh Torkwase, and Deputy National Publicity Secretary, Akoh Shittu.
Deputy National Chairman, Alhaji Yunusa noted, “The party believes in doing things right in light with the party constitution and that of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. In line with that, NEC will hold to determine the date of the convention, adding that NEC members and nineteen state chairmen have already aligned with this decision”
Kogi State Chairman, Hon. Sunday, who spoke on behalf of the nineteen state Chairmen who are NEC members, said: “The chairmen believe in following the constitution of the party. He also said that the guidelines for the convention were yet to be ratified, while logistics issues were also not sorted out. In view of that the chairmen have resolved to hold a NEC meeting late Saturday evening to ratify the guideline and also fix the convention for Wednesday October 3”

END
Re: The Truth About Gbenga Olawepo-hashim's Withdrawal From Ann Primaries by solaisola(m): 10:44pm On Sep 29, 2018
brickswrites:
This is a blatant lie!

I wish you all know what Fela has gotten, he is an agent planted from the Vice president's office and the New chairman was brought in to deliver for them and accomplish their plans as he is also a Pastor in RCCG too.

My dear people, let's be wise in who we support, Fela is a business man and will laugh home at the end of the day. 50% of his money has been paid already but if you all are doubting this, wait and see were he will get to! With assurance, he will drop and crash his structure in to PMB's at the end of the day.

Fela's presidential ambition is now a business thing and isn't real again, it been compromised because of money.

Everyman speaks out of the level of his knowledge. Oga if you know better you will think better, you will act better and you will speak better. If you have prove bring it. we are no longer in the days of cheap political propaganda by mere say... #Period

1 Like

Re: The Truth About Gbenga Olawepo-hashim's Withdrawal From Ann Primaries by Figoinc(m): 2:49pm On Sep 30, 2018
brickswrites:
This is a blatant lie!

It is sad that some Nigerians like their situation very much. How can you even say such a thing. Atleast you should have the fear of God.

Fela Durotoye is a man of international repute. He serves God genuinely and his integrity has been tested over and again and it will still keep being tested even in this season.

Fela Durotoye would rather die than be involved in any form of corrupt practices. Time will tell, and all ye naysayers will be proven wrong and you will all cover your faces in shame.

1 Like

Re: The Truth About Gbenga Olawepo-hashim's Withdrawal From Ann Primaries by Figoinc(m): 3:09pm On Oct 02, 2018
PRESS RELEASE BY FELA DUROTOYE
Tuesday, 2nd October 2018
Lagos, Nigeria

A few days ago, my attention was brought to an article that alleged that “APC deployed 1.3billion Naira to stop Hashim as Fela Durotoye got N750m to split ANN”.

The article further alleged that conditions for my receiving this money stated that after my campaign would have gained significant momentum, I would step down for the current vice-president.

My initial reaction was to consider this piece of fake news to be a crass joke and ignore it, knowing fully well that this is absolutely FALSE and there is no iota of truth in it.

But realizing that we live in a generation where whatever trends on social media can often be mistaken as truth, I felt it would be necessary to be clear on this matter.

For the avoidance of doubt, I have never been offered nor have I ever received any money from any political party, interest groups or religious bodies. I have also heard rumors that my campaign has also received funds from the Redemmed Christian Church of God (RCCG), which is also absolutely false & untrue.

Our campaign has relied on donations from everyday Nigerians, paid into a single account of The Fela Durotoye Support Initiative. I am NOT a signatory to this account, have never taken or utilized a kobo for any personal expenses and we have been very transparent and faithful in the use of those resources that have been donated by the sacrifice of hundreds of people who believe in our mission to birth a New Nigeria.

Secondly, may I once again clarify that I have NEVER been a member of any political party prior to joining the Alliance for New Nigeria on the 22nd of February, 2018, nor have I ever supported or been associated with any political party, particularly, the All Progressive Congress (APC).

These allegations are driven by the campaign organisation of a former aspirant and member of the party, Mr. Gbenga Olawepo Hashim (former Deputy National Publicity Secretary of the PDP) who formally withdrew from the race, on Friday, 28th September 2018, just one day to the Primaries.

I had earlier been attacked by the Campaign Director General of his organization, claiming I am a pawn for the APC.

In fact, my attention had earlier been drawn to a statement credited to the Gbenga Olawepo - Hashim Presidential campaign organization dated September 28, 2018 and signed by its Director General, Rt. Hon. Terseer Tsumba which stated that a “certain Presidential aspirant is fronting for some powerful interests in the All Progressive Congress (APC) to destabilize the Alliance for New Nigeria”

Being the only other Presidential Aspirant apart from Mr. Hashim on our great party, it was therefore important that I responded to these false & misleading allegations.

Therefore, on the same day (28th September 2018), I formally wrote to the Chairman of the party (Mr Emmanuel Dania) and copied the Chairman of the Board of Trustees (Dr. Nkata Chuku) addressing these allegations.

I have always maintained a civil and cordial relationship with Mr. Hashim and had twice earlier told him that if he won the party primaries in a free & fair manner, I would respect the wishes of our party delegates and therefore continue to support our party ANN and throw my weight behind his candidacy.

Interestingly, when I asked Mr. Hashim if he would do the same for me & support my candidacy if I won the elections, he simply replied that if he wasn’t assured of a win at the primaries, he will “opt out of the race”.

The truth be told ... I always knew that the political establishment would play dirty, but I have & will consistently uphold my Core Values and run a clean campaign; free of mudslinging & personal attacks.

In fact, I have been criticized for never attacking individuals or political rivals.

To be clear, my focus has never been about generating sound bites that trend or making character assassinations. Indeed, I have focused every one of my statements & posts on building a New Nigeria and uniting all Nigerians.

I have consistently shown respect to all other aspirants on this race and have encouraged us all to have better collaboration and NOT bitter competition between aspirants whether we are in the same party or running on different party platforms.

I have always believed that we are all running for a New Nigeria and that is all that matters. My social media platforms will prove this.

So for the record, I have NEVER received any money from any political party and I never will.

I am not fronting for any candidate or party nor will I ever.

I intend to run this race and with your help, I intend to win the Presidency of our great nation and to lead the team that will deliver Good Governance required for us all to build a New Nigeria.

As I have done in times past, I ask that before you believe or share fake news, please go online, do some research and ask hard questions.

The internet never forgets.

Please remember that what TRENDS and what is TRUE are often two different things.

Trends come and go, but the truth will always outlast trends, no matter how long it takes. So seek the truth as you see the trends.

God bless you and may God bless The Federal Republic of Nigeria.

FELA DUROTOYE
Presidential Candidate
Alliance for New Nigeria

(1) (Reply)

Hypocrite CAN:are also in support of the killings by berom Christians / List Of Prominent Leaders, Politicians, Others That Bow Before Emir Of Kano / Only Buhari Can Do This - Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.