Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,067 members, 7,849,321 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 06:34 PM

If An Atheists Goes For Interview, What Will He/she Choose As Religion - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If An Atheists Goes For Interview, What Will He/she Choose As Religion (1771 Views)

If Devil Was As Powerful As Religion Paints Hi. / You cannot be an atheists and have objective morality. / Pastor Fatoyinbo Contacts Daddy Freeze For Interview, To Launch Attack On Busola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If An Atheists Goes For Interview, What Will He/she Choose As Religion by hakeem4(m): 7:13am On Sep 30, 2018
You can leave it blank, or tell them you’re not affiliated with any religion
Re: If An Atheists Goes For Interview, What Will He/she Choose As Religion by frank317: 7:14am On Sep 30, 2018
This is the kind of thread that remains me how stupid an average Nigerian can be all because of religion.

I say I am a Christian in an interview how does that change anything? Does it mean I am going to heaven? Does it make Yahweh happy? The petty things una God always likes... No hope for this country sha if the youths can't even think.

3 Likes

Re: If An Atheists Goes For Interview, What Will He/she Choose As Religion by kazyhm(m): 8:02am On Sep 30, 2018
frank317:
This is the kind of thread that remains me how stupid an average Nigerian can be all because of religion.

I say I am a Christian in an interview how does that change anything? Does it mean I am going to heaven? Does it make Yahweh happy? The petty things una God always likes... No hope for this country sha if the youths can't even think.

I like your view but i don't understand why blaming the youth for their belief or reasoning religious wise because we can't think of many people who deserve to go to hell, but people who teach its existence to vulnerable children are prime candidates

How you expect a controlled mind to think......
Re: If An Atheists Goes For Interview, What Will He/she Choose As Religion by HardMirror(m): 12:13pm On Sep 30, 2018
FELIX0M0R:

Why not muslim?
Our president is a muslim and so are many of the appointees nowadays.

Keep your hypocrisy please.
Yeye dey smell!
good question. I would go with a religion i am familiar with since i know much about christianity it would naturally be my default fallback. Is this too hard for you to understand? You think i wld choose christianity because it is special? Come on grow up felix

1 Like

Re: If An Atheists Goes For Interview, What Will He/she Choose As Religion by FELIX0M0R: 12:22pm On Sep 30, 2018
HardMirror:
good question. I would go with a religion i am familiar with since i know much about christianity it would naturally be my default fallback. Is this too hard for you to understand? You think i wld choose christianity because it is special? Come on grow up felix
Your Hypocrisy stinks!
Re: If An Atheists Goes For Interview, What Will He/she Choose As Religion by Nobody: 3:10pm On Sep 30, 2018
HardMirror:
You're right my friend "when you're in Rome, behave like the Romans" but truthfully speaking those you knew are misrepresentation of Christianity, that's why you could easily disguise as one of them. But if you truly know what Christianity is all about, you'll always feel obliged talking to people about Christianity every day of your life. wink wink wink
Re: If An Atheists Goes For Interview, What Will He/she Choose As Religion by geoworldedu: 3:26pm On Sep 30, 2018
Op, I'm sure you have committed Fornication before and you even still do so. But your religion forbids it. So if atheists tell lies about their beliefs during interviews, they've done nothing more than you a fornicator. In fact, they haven't offended or broken a law, because lying isn't a sin to atheists since your god Yahweh(the god of the mugus) is not their god.
Re: If An Atheists Goes For Interview, What Will He/she Choose As Religion by pressplay411(m): 3:46pm On Sep 30, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:

THE SOCIETY ONCE FROWNED UPON LETTING TWIN BABIES LIVE.
THE SOCIETY ONCE FROM UPON LETTING WOMEN VOTE OR HAVE OPINIONS.
THE SOCIETY ONCE FROWNED UPON LETTING WOMEN DRIVE OR OWN PROPERTY.
THE SOCIETY FROWNED AT FRANKLIN. THEY THOUGHT HE WAS MAD WHEN HE TALKED ABOUT THE POSSIBILITY OF A DEVICE THAT COULD CONDUCT LIGHTNING, BECAUSE THEY BELIEVED LIGHTNING WAS BEING SENT BY THE GODS WHENEVER HUMANS NEEDED TO BE PUNISHED. TODAY WE HAVE THE LIGHTNING ROD.

THAT THE SOCIETY FROWN UPON CERTAIN THINGS DOESN'T MEAN THEY ARE WRONG.
THE SOCIETY IS NOT ALWAYS RIGHT.

I'm not even talking about right or wrong.
Ask yourself, if you become as successful as Zuckerberg or Dangote tomorrow are they havbits you will like to continue in, can you do them publicly?
Re: If An Atheists Goes For Interview, What Will He/she Choose As Religion by LordReed(m): 3:50pm On Sep 30, 2018
geoworldedu:
Op, I'm sure you have committed Fornication before and you even still do so. But your religion forbids it. So if atheists tell lies about their beliefs during interviews, they've done nothing more than you a fornicator. In fact, they haven't offended or broken a law, because lying isn't a sin to atheists since your god Yahweh(the god of the mugus) is not their god.

Ask them, if any of them has never told a lie. LoL
Re: If An Atheists Goes For Interview, What Will He/she Choose As Religion by Nobody: 5:48pm On Sep 30, 2018
LordReed:

That's exactly what we're saying! Humans have sinned and fall short of the glory of God but that doesn't mean they shouldn't retrace their steps. What do you think? Someone came to steal from you and after thorough meditations on what could have been the cause of such evil or if stealing is worthwhile,he decided to return with your valuables and beg for your forgiveness, will you shoot him or rejoice with him for a turnaround? So yes bad association spoils useful habits but it's not too bad or too late to have a change of heart. Remember you are an advocate of a change of heart not extermination, so please don't be a discouragement to those working hard towards that end. wink wink wink
Re: If An Atheists Goes For Interview, What Will He/she Choose As Religion by LordReed(m): 7:40pm On Sep 30, 2018
TATIME:
That's exactly what we're saying! Humans have sinned and fall short of the glory of God but that doesn't mean they shouldn't retrace their steps. What do you think? Someone came to steal from you and after thorough meditations on what could have been the cause of such evil or if stealing is worthwhile,he decided to return with your valuables and beg for your forgiveness, will you shoot him or rejoice with him for a turnaround? So yes bad association spoils useful habits but it's not too bad or too late to have a change of heart. Remember you are an advocate of a change of heart not extermination, so please don't be a discouragement to those working hard towards that end. wink wink wink

What has what you have written got to do with what I wrote?
Re: If An Atheists Goes For Interview, What Will He/she Choose As Religion by Nobody: 9:03pm On Sep 30, 2018
LordReed:

What has what you have written got to do with what I wrote?
Lying is common amongst intelligent creatures either to cover up some errors to avoid discipline or to swindle other for personal reasons. But if we're having a perfect system where all that you ever wanted is accessible you'll never need to lie for any reason whatsoever. So if someone has lied before that's caused by conditions beyond control, it's not too late to have a change of heart.
Re: If An Atheists Goes For Interview, What Will He/she Choose As Religion by LordReed(m): 9:23pm On Sep 30, 2018
TATIME:
Lying is common amongst intelligent creatures either to cover up some errors to avoid discipline or to swindle other for personal reasons. But if we're having a perfect system where all that you ever wanted is accessible you'll never need to lie for any reason whatsoever. So if someone has lied before that's caused by conditions beyond control, it's not too late to have a change of heart.

Still don't see what it has to do with what I wrote. Do you lie? Have you lied before?
Re: If An Atheists Goes For Interview, What Will He/she Choose As Religion by geoworldedu: 9:27pm On Sep 30, 2018
LordReed:

They all tell lies. Even believing in a beast in the name Yahweh as God is a lie in itself. Christians are daft aswear.
Re: If An Atheists Goes For Interview, What Will He/she Choose As Religion by Nobody: 9:47pm On Sep 30, 2018
LordReed:

Still don't see what it has to do with what I wrote. Do you lie? Have you lied before?
Yes of course i've lied several times in the past for various reasons but how will you feel if i should turn a new leaf?
Re: If An Atheists Goes For Interview, What Will He/she Choose As Religion by LordReed(m): 10:16pm On Sep 30, 2018
TATIME:
Yes of course i've lied several times in the past for various reasons but how will you feel if i should turn a new leaf?

It wouldn't matter to me maybe to the people it affected it might mean something.
Re: If An Atheists Goes For Interview, What Will He/she Choose As Religion by Nobody: 10:36pm On Sep 30, 2018
LordReed:

It wouldn't matter to me maybe to the people it affected it might mean something.
Have anyone ever told you a COSTLY lie? If so how would you feel if such a person comes back on bended knees and tears to say "i'm sorry, i promised never to tell a lie again". undecided undecided undecided
Re: If An Atheists Goes For Interview, What Will He/she Choose As Religion by LordReed(m): 4:30am On Oct 01, 2018
TATIME:
Have anyone ever told you a COSTLY lie? If so how would you feel if such a person comes back on bended knees and tears to say "i'm sorry, i promised never to tell a lie again". undecided undecided undecided

I will be moved emotionally for sure.
Re: If An Atheists Goes For Interview, What Will He/she Choose As Religion by Nobody: 9:30am On Oct 01, 2018
LordReed:

I will be moved emotionally for sure.
Well that's exactly what SOMEONE needs from REPENTANT humans before connecting them for friendship! Not for the killers,rapists,liars,deceivers,betrayers,fornicators,oppressors,disloyals and others with barbaric traits to start making demands {like "we'll like to see HIM first before considering or agreeing to HIS terms"} from the PERSON they've hurt so much by turning HIS perfect arrangement to a hell for themselves and others! Psalms 78:41 Thank you wink wink wink
Re: If An Atheists Goes For Interview, What Will He/she Choose As Religion by budaatum: 3:32pm On Oct 01, 2018
I get to say I'm an atheist, despite there being the "prefer not to say" option. I live in a country where discrimination due to religious belief is illegal. But then I've never been afraid to state my lack of belief even in Nigeria and can say that apart from some willing to convert me, I haven't faced any problems
Re: If An Atheists Goes For Interview, What Will He/she Choose As Religion by Nobody: 3:52pm On Oct 01, 2018
budaatum:
I get to say I'm an atheist, despite there being the "prefer not to say" option. I live in a country where discrimination due to religious belief is illegal. But then I've never been afraid to state my lack of belief even in Nigeria and can say that apart from some willing to convert me, I haven't faced any problems
It's even good for our health when we say the truth because there is always psychological problems associated with infidelity and lying is the root cause of it!

1 Like

Re: If An Atheists Goes For Interview, What Will He/she Choose As Religion by budaatum: 9:58pm On Oct 01, 2018
TATIME:
It's even good for our health when we say the truth because there is always psychological problems associated with infidelity and lying is the root cause of it!
Apart from the fact that whenever I lie I unconsciously claim "I am an inferior person and need to hide".

My god forbid such things!
Re: If An Atheists Goes For Interview, What Will He/she Choose As Religion by Nobody: 11:26am On Oct 02, 2018
budaatum:

Apart from the fact that whenever I lie I unconsciously claim "I am an inferior person and need to hide".
My god forbid such things!
Apart from mentioning god or God or GOD as mine, even high-tech doctors have invented a machine that could reveal when someone is lying. The device will just be connected to the person's body and it's the negativity resulting from the person's system that's showing it(Genesis 3:10) definitely something is being damaged in the body each time we tell a lie but since humans don't want to agree with the "book" they don't care to know. So the owner of all things won't allow them to continue hurting themselves and eventually affecting others around them. Revelations 21:8
Re: If An Atheists Goes For Interview, What Will He/she Choose As Religion by LordReed(m): 11:31am On Oct 02, 2018
TATIME:
Apart from mentioning god or God or GOD as mine, even high-tech doctors have invented a machine that could reveal when someone is lying. The device will just be connected to the person's body and it's the negativity resulting from the person's system that's showing it(Genesis 3:10) definitely something is being damaged in the body each time we tell a lie but since humans don't want to agree with the "book" they don't care to know. So the owner of all things won't allow them to continue hurting themselves and eventually affecting others around them. Revelations 21:8

Lie detectors have been found to be unreliable as the science behind them is questionable. Some people are such efficient liars their body doesn't betray them at all.
Re: If An Atheists Goes For Interview, What Will He/she Choose As Religion by vaxx: 11:49am On Oct 02, 2018
TATIME:
You are talking about Polygraphs machine, you don't need to be a high tech engineer to create one. Just check YouTube you can learn how to create your home made lie detector yourself. in a pratical sense .They don't really detect lies what they detect is breath rate, galvanic skin response, heart rate, and usually biochemical movement. And if you look at this from medical point of view, it can be akin to nervousness and agitation. And in many cases nervousness and agitation are not caused by lying . So if you study how this lying machine work you will see there are few links in the chain between physical readings on a polygraph, and the lie that anyone is about to tell.

For instance, another thing that can alter heart rate, breath rate, and galvanic skin response is medication, exercise . Even high fever....

Have you ever experience one? If so let's discuss .
Re: If An Atheists Goes For Interview, What Will He/she Choose As Religion by Nobody: 1:10pm On Oct 02, 2018
vaxx:
You are talking about Polygraphs machine, you don't need to be a high tech engineer to create one. Just check YouTube you can learn how to create your home made lie detector yourself. in a pratical sense .They don't really detect lies what they detect is breath rate, galvanic skin response, heart rate, and usually biochemical movement. And if you look at this from medical point of view, it can be akin to nervousness and agitation. And in many cases nervousness and agitation are not caused by lying . So if you study how this lying machine work you will see there are few links in the chain between physical readings on a polygraph, and the lie that anyone is about to tell.

For instance, another thing that can alter heart rate, breath rate, and galvanic skin response is medication, exercise . Even high fever....

Have you ever experience one? If so let's discuss .

You're correct my friend,but what we're saying here is if one's system is calm before and after the machine has been place on the person but sudden changes occurred during response to some questions then something is fishy!
Re: If An Atheists Goes For Interview, What Will He/she Choose As Religion by vaxx: 1:37pm On Oct 02, 2018
TATIME:
You're correct my friend,but what we're saying here is if one's system is calm before and after the machine has been place on the person but sudden changes occurred during response to some questions then something is fishy!
Anything at all can happen to the body, our body create enzymes. And since enzymes is the same as organic catalyst that speed up the chemical reaction in our cells, it can affect the energy composition in our body anytime which we have an effect on the polygraph machine. So the machine cannot be trusted

In my opinion, the machine is a pseudoscience technique. .
Re: If An Atheists Goes For Interview, What Will He/she Choose As Religion by Nobody: 1:48pm On Oct 02, 2018
vaxx:
Anything at all can happen to the body, our body create enzymes. And since enzymes is the same as organic catalyst that speed up the chemical reaction in our cells, it can affect the energy composition in our body anytime which we have an effect on the polygraph machine.

In my opinion, the machine is a pseudoscience technique. .
Your opinion is not wrong as i've said earlier but what i'm saying is that whenever a person is lying there are some negative body effects that most liars do ignore. For example, you're not under any tension to always speak the truth but whenever you're sure you've said and done the right thing your heart is filled with satisfaction. Proverbs 28:1
Re: If An Atheists Goes For Interview, What Will He/she Choose As Religion by vaxx: 2:09pm On Oct 02, 2018
TATIME:
Your opinion is not wrong as i've said earlier but what i'm saying is that whenever a person is lying there are some negative body effects that most liars do ignore. For example, you're not under any tension to always speak the truth but whenever you're sure you've said and done the right thing your heart is filled with satisfaction. Proverbs 28:1
it depends.

Some narcissists LOVE IT. Other people feel remorse every time they do it. Others just do it and don't think much of it. Others get a kick out of doing it and convincing others that people who are honest and rarely lie are the devil himself. Let me intoduce you to this psychology term.""flying monkeys"" ensure you read about it on Wikipedia.

And as regards to the truth, I agree with the bible. Speaking truth brings some kind of satisfaction. Integrity matter but sometimes it get pays in a hard way.
Re: If An Atheists Goes For Interview, What Will He/she Choose As Religion by Nobody: 8:16pm On Oct 02, 2018
wink
vaxx:
it depends.

Some narcissists LOVE IT. Other people feel remorse every time they do it. Others just do it and don't think much of it. Others get a kick out of doing it and convincing others that people who are honest and rarely lie are the devil himself. Let me intoduce you to this psychology term.""flying monkeys"" ensure you read about it on Wikipedia.

And as regards to the truth, I agree with the bible. Speaking truth brings some kind of satisfaction. Integrity matter but sometimes it get pays in a hard way.
wink wink wink

(1) (2) (Reply)

If Jesus Christ Is God, Who Spoke During His Baptism? / Why "In God We Trust" Inscribed In US Dollar Bills, And Not "In Science We Trust / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: How Is He Outside Of The Church?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.