Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,166 members, 7,835,904 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:13 PM

Which Is The Most Corrupt Government Parastatal? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Which Is The Most Corrupt Government Parastatal? (9652 Views)

Top 5 Most Corrupt Government Agencies Siphoning Nigeria's Revenue / March Against Corrupt Government Officials In Nigeria / What Is The Best Punishment For Corrupt Government Officials? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Is The Most Corrupt Government Parastatal? by davidif: 6:08pm On Jul 09, 2010
I agree with some of the posters here that Customs are really really wretched but no one beats [size=38pt]NPA![/size]

The Nigerian Port Authority makes everybody look like children.
Re: Which Is The Most Corrupt Government Parastatal? by nakoks(m): 6:27pm On Jul 09, 2010
OMO MAKE UNA 4GET

POLICE PHCN NPA

NNPC IMMIGRATION CUSTOM NATIONAL ASSEMBLY

MINISTRY OF WORKS, LOCAL GOVTS PRESIDENCY

just like football formation 3-4-3 they tied in that order
Re: Which Is The Most Corrupt Government Parastatal? by lokwe(m): 6:32pm On Jul 09, 2010
try ministry of water resources, check out their budget allocations for the past 3 yrs.
Re: Which Is The Most Corrupt Government Parastatal? by clomn(m): 7:10pm On Jul 09, 2010
1 CUSTOMS
2 POLICE
3 PHCN
4 IMMIGRATION
5 PRISONS
6 NNPC
7 NPA
8 NFF
9 FEDERAL MINISTRY OF WORKS
10 OFFICE OF THE PRESIDENCY/NATIONAL ASSEMBLY

JUST TO NAME BUT THE FEW REMEMBERED
Re: Which Is The Most Corrupt Government Parastatal? by Africanson: 7:15pm On Jul 09, 2010
Nigeria is the most corrupt country in the world!. Or at least one of the most corrupt country in the world. This means there's no parastatal that is free including you posters here in NL. Police, customs e.t.c; including non governmentals like banks e.t.c.

Corrupt means that an item is damaged and is no longer of any use. Example; if a car had an accident and have damaged beyong repair there's nothing you can do about it than to throw it away. For Nigeria to change from this status it would take a revolution, unfortunately, the corruption itself would not allow that. Corruption have taken hold of the country and now directs the affairs.

How many of you here have never given bribe before?
Re: Which Is The Most Corrupt Government Parastatal? by BOMANY: 7:49pm On Jul 09, 2010
NNPC
Customs

The are the most greedy corrupted paratsatals in Nigeria
Re: Which Is The Most Corrupt Government Parastatal? by seanet02: 7:54pm On Jul 09, 2010
to me the most corrupt organization is the presidency closely followed by the nigerian police fraud
Re: Which Is The Most Corrupt Government Parastatal? by CGKing(m): 8:18pm On Jul 09, 2010
The whole thing
Re: Which Is The Most Corrupt Government Parastatal? by Nobody: 8:25pm On Jul 09, 2010
If bribe collected by police is converted to revenue,i bet you that nigeria police will generate more money than lagos state.do you know how much they obtained daily from citizens even in the nights,weekends and public holidays.you guys are underestimating the police.IG must be laughing at those post rating them below any other agency.
Re: Which Is The Most Corrupt Government Parastatal? by Dolaapo(f): 8:51pm On Jul 09, 2010
angry
Re: Which Is The Most Corrupt Government Parastatal? by Baturiya: 8:57pm On Jul 09, 2010
Why have anyone not mention Niger Delta Development Commission(NDDC)
Graft is at its peak at the commission that was esstablished to improve the standard of living of the people of the Niger Delta.

May GOD help this great country, sad embarassed embarassed
Re: Which Is The Most Corrupt Government Parastatal? by redsun(m): 9:04pm On Jul 09, 2010
How about teachers and lecturers?The heart beats of a nation.
Re: Which Is The Most Corrupt Government Parastatal? by redsun(m): 9:06pm On Jul 09, 2010
Nigeria is finished.It needs a bloody revolution,many have to die.
Re: Which Is The Most Corrupt Government Parastatal? by babaowo: 9:33pm On Jul 09, 2010
you people are just mentioning,where do you
people put alfa,imam and pastors?G O's? are
they not corrupt?
Re: Which Is The Most Corrupt Government Parastatal? by Ibomade1: 9:39pm On Jul 09, 2010
All of them are as bad as each other but there is something about Nigeria Port Authority. Maybe it is because I have to deal with them sha.
Re: Which Is The Most Corrupt Government Parastatal? by adamse(f): 10:24pm On Jul 09, 2010
did anyone mention EfCC
Re: Which Is The Most Corrupt Government Parastatal? by abiolag(m): 11:09pm On Jul 09, 2010
They r all corrupt bunch of criminals
Re: Which Is The Most Corrupt Government Parastatal? by abiolag(m): 11:13pm On Jul 09, 2010
Re: Which Is The Most Corrupt Government Parastatal? by abiolag(m): 11:14pm On Jul 09, 2010
Re: Which Is The Most Corrupt Government Parastatal? by Cohomology: 12:14am On Jul 10, 2010
1. Nigerian Customs - 100.00% criminality index
2. NNPC - 100%
3. Nigerian Police Force - 99.9%
4. NPA - 99.9%
5. Federal Ministries - 99.5%
6. CBN - 99.5%
7. Nationa Assembly - 99.5%
8. The Federal Executive Council - 99%
9. Nigerian Immigration - 99%
10. State & Local Governments - 99%
Re: Which Is The Most Corrupt Government Parastatal? by Tcrack(m): 12:39am On Jul 10, 2010
lets stop all this hypocrisy. you and i are more corrupt than most of the guys in this parastatal. the only reason why we are yelling is because we are not getting a piece of the cake. show me a nigerian who is not corrupt.we just have different avenues of exibiting it. banks, telecoms (eg mtn ),media, the list is endless. go to computer village and see the kind of shitt that goes on there.abeg before you start naming names, search yourself and tell me If You Holy Pass.
Re: Which Is The Most Corrupt Government Parastatal? by Choco5: 4:52am On Jul 10, 2010
Every single one of us is corrupt, including me and you reading this, and the day we all realise that is the day we will learn to stop blaming every other individual.
Re: Which Is The Most Corrupt Government Parastatal? by Okijajuju1(m): 5:32am On Jul 10, 2010
Lets reason this thing well o!!

1. POLICE: Atleast dem dey catch thief some times. Collecting bribe in broad daylight no mean say na them bad pass. If police decide to arrest everybody wey dey commit offense, 3/4 of us for dey sanko for crimes ranging from jay-walking to 1st degree murder.

2. NNPC: I know say them corrupt but atleast more often than none, petrol dey fillings station. Them dey try. Atleast them dey show working

3. PHCN: Anybody wey NEPA a.k.a PHCN never cut ehn light before make ehn cast the first stone. Wetin sef, atimes I no dey blame them. Government parastatals no dey pay bill yet na them dey get light pass. Atleast we dey see light even if na low current.

4. IMMIGRATIONS: Hmmm!! This ones their matter no be here. Them dey try sha. Atleast them dey catch jew men for seme border, them even they try for Murtala Mohammed Airpot for gidi. Atleast we det see dem with eye. And now with this E-system kini, corruption reduce small. Anbody remember the days when e dey cost 35.000 naira to do passport??

5. MINISTRY OF AVIATION: Na here corruption don scatter. We get plenty international airports but apart from Gidi Airport wey don dey spoil finish, the rest of the airports na calamity. Look PH airport for example. Them close the place for almost a year, 100s of billions of dollars renovation, when dem open am back, not even paint sef.

6. PRISONS: Lol!! This one na just joke!! Infact no need. Use your church mind judge.

7. NFF/NFA: South Africa 2010 open their yansh for everybody to look. But I must say, no be their own bad pass, atleast our teams dey see jersey wear on match days.

8. THE LOCAL GOVERNMENTS: Chei!! This is one of the most corrupt(est) in the nation. Infact, for the ranking, them dey top three. Nothing them dey do. Nigerians no even know say them dey exist. In short I doubt say people dey even vote for them. Their own na just to siddon dey chop money.

9. FEDERAL MINISTRY OF WORKS: lol. Abeg wetin be their work?? O! roads, yes them don start to dey try lately.

10. WATER WORKS: Anybody wey don drink govrnment water before (apart from cross-rivers state and prolly Enugu raise just talk.) I think they are the champions in terms of corruption.

11. RAILWAY CORPERATION: Nobody even bother mention them. Why?? Anytime wey people dey drive reach where railway cross road now, e dey be them like say na speed breaker them climb. Who fit remember the last tie wey ehn see train for area. Meanwhile every year them get budget. Them dey award contracts, dey collect pension.

12. EFCC: Theif wey wan catch thief.

13. MINISTRY OF TOURISM: Lol. After obudu, where again be tourist attraction for Naija?? Anial no dey yankari again, Argungu fishing festival is almost unheard of if not for NTA wey no dey get better news to read.

To be continued, shey una want hear about corrupt parastatals.
Re: Which Is The Most Corrupt Government Parastatal? by Nobody: 6:07am On Jul 10, 2010
Choco5:

Every single one of us is corrupt, including me and you reading this, and the day we all realise that is the day we will learn to stop blaming every other individual.
wtf. . .so we should siddon look and let things go wrong because we are also corrupt.what gave you that impression that every nigerian is corrupt because you are ? You must be high on fanta for having that kind of mind.
Re: Which Is The Most Corrupt Government Parastatal? by eros(m): 8:39am On Jul 10, 2010
We all know Nigeria is corrupt. Even you and i are also corrupt, either in our business, homes, schools or wherever we find ourselves. Corruption has spread the length and breadth of Nigeria. So why over-flog the issue, instead of proffer solutions?

MY SOLUTION TO NIGERIA'S CORRUPTION

When my time comes, i intend to take over NEPA or PHCN, whatever they call themselves these days, invest my personal fund and set up structures and equipments that will give Nigeria power uninterrupted for the next fifty years. Then someone with a larger vision can take over from me.

Thereafter, i intend to build cheap, affordable, standard and descent estates targeting the less privileged in our society who cannot afford the outrageous high rent rate in Lagos and other states in Nigeria.

These and other projects are the vision and plans i have for Nigeria. God help me.

Now instead of keep listing the most corrupt Government parastatal, why don't we list how we can improve Nigeria since our elected leaders have all turned thieving b.a.stards
Re: Which Is The Most Corrupt Government Parastatal? by mjbaba: 9:27am On Jul 10, 2010
THE IRONY HERE IS THAT ALL OF YOU CASTIGATING THESE PARASTATALS, WILL DIE TO GET JOBS IN THE SAME PLACES, TO GO AND GET RICH TOO
FU****G HYPOCRITES!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Which Is The Most Corrupt Government Parastatal? by mjbaba: 9:28am On Jul 10, 2010
THE IRONY HERE IS THAT ALL OF YOU CASTIGATING THESE PARASTATALS, WILL DIE TO GET JOBS IN THE SAME PLACES, TO GO AND GET RICH TOO
Re: Which Is The Most Corrupt Government Parastatal? by slimes(m): 9:48am On Jul 10, 2010
Okija_juju:

Lets reason this thing well o!!

1. POLICE: Atleast dem dey catch thief some times. Collecting bribe in broad daylight no mean say na them bad pass. If police decide to arrest everybody wey dey commit offense, 3/4 of us for dey sanko for crimes ranging from jay-walking to 1st degree murder.

2. NNPC: I know say them corrupt but atleast more often than none, petrol dey fillings station. Them dey try. Atleast them dey show working

3. PHCN: Anybody wey NEPA a.k.a PHCN never cut ehn light before make ehn cast the first stone. Wetin sef, atimes I no dey blame them. Government parastatals no dey pay bill yet na them dey get light pass. Atleast we dey see light even if na low current.

4. IMMIGRATIONS: Hmmm!! This ones their matter no be here. Them dey try sha. Atleast them dey catch jew men for seme border, them even they try for Murtala Mohammed Airpot for gidi. Atleast we det see dem with eye. And now with this E-system kini, corruption reduce small. Anbody remember the days when e dey cost 35.000 naira to do passport??

5. MINISTRY OF AVIATION: Na here corruption don scatter. We get plenty international airports but apart from Gidi Airport wey don dey spoil finish, the rest of the airports na calamity. Look PH airport for example. Them close the place for almost a year, 100s of billions of dollars renovation, when dem open am back, not even paint sef.

6. PRISONS: Lol!! This one na just joke!! Infact no need. Use your church mind judge.

7. NFF/NFA: South Africa 2010 open their yansh for everybody to look. But I must say, no be their own bad pass, atleast our teams dey see jersey wear on match days.

8. THE LOCAL GOVERNMENTS: Chei!! This is one of the most corrupt(est) in the nation. Infact, for the ranking, them dey top three. Nothing them dey do. Nigerians no even know say them dey exist. In short I doubt say people dey even vote for them. Their own na just to siddon dey chop money.

9. FEDERAL MINISTRY OF WORKS: lol. Abeg wetin be their work?? O! roads, yes them don start to dey try lately.

10. WATER WORKS: Anybody wey don drink govrnment water before (apart from cross-rivers state and prolly Enugu raise just talk.) I think they are the champions in terms of corruption.

11. RAILWAY CORPERATION: Nobody even bother mention them. Why?? Anytime wey people dey drive reach where railway cross road now, e dey be them like say na speed breaker them climb. Who fit remember the last tie wey ehn see train for area. Meanwhile every year them get budget. Them dey award contracts, dey collect pension.

12. EFCC: Theif wey wan catch thief.

13. MINISTRY OF TOURISM: Lol. After obudu, where again be tourist attraction for Naija?? Anial no dey yankari again, Argungu fishing festival is almost unheard of if not for NTA wey no dey get better news to read.

To be continued, shey una want hear about corrupt parastatals.

Seconded
Re: Which Is The Most Corrupt Government Parastatal? by ice234: 9:57am On Jul 10, 2010
The national assemble is the biggest thief. They steal much more than the police, phcn, immigration, custom joined together. Reason is that the national assemble steals in billions of naira and millions of dollars but other ones steals in millions of naira but never in dollars.
Re: Which Is The Most Corrupt Government Parastatal? by Ikwikwikwi(m): 10:40am On Jul 10, 2010
Nigerian Custom Service has remain the MOST CORRUPT of all the government agencies in Nigeria. No amount of import duty that you will pay for goods that can make you not to bribe their many units. The roads and even your warehouses are not free from their constant harassment and raids. Their staff are all super rich from milking fellow Nigerians dry. Then check out our immigration service. They are an eye sore at our airports and entry points. Foreigners and fellow Nigerians are constantly made to put dollar bills in their passport booklets to gain entrance in spite of having genuine entry visas. Please, we should pardon the police, their corruption level is minimal, and was caused by all Nigerian, so they are constantly lured into taking bribe so as to drop charges against offenders. More so, the courts are not helping the duties of the police in dispensing justice promptly as many cases are still pending for upwards of 10 years. Who are the judges sef, people like Mary Odili the wife of a corrupt former governor of Rivers State, who evaded the long arm of the law because the wife is in the courts.
Re: Which Is The Most Corrupt Government Parastatal? by TheBuilder: 2:13pm On Jul 10, 2010
Great jist.
But be financially empowered.
Join manaconnect.
www.manaconnect.com
Re: Which Is The Most Corrupt Government Parastatal? by baslone: 2:31pm On Jul 10, 2010
mjbaba:

Don't know about you but my Mum will disown me if I decide to
join the Nigerian Police. When my cousin contemplated
this, a family meeting was called, in fact I saw some of
my uncles I have never seen in my life there.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fuel Scarcity Hits Lagos, Filling Stations Refuse To Sell / $35bn Required To Kick-Start Road Construction Nationwide – Umahi / Nepa On Strike!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.