Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,470 members, 7,850,627 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 06:17 AM

Which Is The Most Corrupt Government Parastatal? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Which Is The Most Corrupt Government Parastatal? (9657 Views)

Top 5 Most Corrupt Government Agencies Siphoning Nigeria's Revenue / March Against Corrupt Government Officials In Nigeria / What Is The Best Punishment For Corrupt Government Officials? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Is The Most Corrupt Government Parastatal? by denony(m): 2:26pm On Jul 09, 2010
WHAT OF BANK OFFICIALS
ALL THE GOVERNMENT PARASTATAL ARE CORRUPT
INFACT EVERYBODY IN NIGERIA IS CORRUPT EVEN YOU
Re: Which Is The Most Corrupt Government Parastatal? by oluagness(m): 2:43pm On Jul 09, 2010
PHCN follow by Police
Re: Which Is The Most Corrupt Government Parastatal? by paraphase(m): 2:43pm On Jul 09, 2010
smiley
Re: Which Is The Most Corrupt Government Parastatal? by Nobody: 2:55pm On Jul 09, 2010
harpo:

PHCN
POLICE
NNPC
CUSTOMS
incorrect. . . . .police comes first,please
Re: Which Is The Most Corrupt Government Parastatal? by warripekin(m): 2:55pm On Jul 09, 2010
cleaverman:

1 CUSTOMS
2 POLICE
3 PHCN
4 IMMIGRATION
5 PRISONS
6 NNPC
7 NPA
8 NFF
9 FEDERAL MINISTRY OF WORKS
10 OFFICE OF THE PRESIDENCY/NATIONAL ASSEMBLY

Who told you that IMMIGRATION is corrupt,  Kindly leave them out of this issue mister i too know. And what are your prove?
 I am surprised that somebody can come here and say immigration is not corrupt. To get Nigerian passport is the easiest any body can get .All you need is about 15k and an immigration officer and the deal is done. Where you come from does not matter. I work in the oil industry and therefore I have a lot of colleagues who are foreign nationals who leave and work in Nigeria without work permit. Why is this so? simple, the immigration officers come around every month to collect their share. Many of them, once their work permit expires they don't bother renewing them because they know the immigration boys will come to collect their share.
Re: Which Is The Most Corrupt Government Parastatal? by Nobody: 3:00pm On Jul 09, 2010
warripekin:

I am surprised that somebody can come here and say immigration is not corrupt. To get Nigerian passport is the easiest any body can get .All you need is about 15k and an immigration officer and the deal is done. Where you come from does not matter. I work in the oil industry and therefore I have a lot of colleagues who are foreign nationals who leave and work in Nigeria without work permit. Why is this so? simple, the immigration officers come around every month to collect their share. Many of them, once their work permit expires they don't bother renewing them because they know the immigration boys will come to collect their share.
police hold the number one spot.just pray you dont get into their hannds
Re: Which Is The Most Corrupt Government Parastatal? by warripekin(m): 3:18pm On Jul 09, 2010
~Bluetooth:

police hold the number one spot.just pray you dont get into their hannds
Naaa! It has to be customs its just that the police is very visible in their act.
Re: Which Is The Most Corrupt Government Parastatal? by Tolulop001(f): 3:22pm On Jul 09, 2010
Ellipsis:

@Tolulop001: People just don't get it, do they? The original post is spot on enough. Anyway, my dear the import of this thread is to create awareness of the level of rot in the Nigerian governmental institutions and tell those in the corridors of power that most Nigerians are tired of being enslaved by their fellow Nigerians. This is intra neo-colonialism!

and then what undecided we already know that all of them are rubbish.
all this create awareness ideologies that are making the rounds cant change anything.
Re: Which Is The Most Corrupt Government Parastatal? by Nobody: 3:24pm On Jul 09, 2010
warripekin:

Naaa! It has to be customs its just that the police is very visible in their act.
rotflmao. . .  .visible ke ? Police commit more crime behind the scene than those we hear or see everyday.
Re: Which Is The Most Corrupt Government Parastatal? by UNLEASHED(m): 3:31pm On Jul 09, 2010
All government parastatals are corrupt equally
Re: Which Is The Most Corrupt Government Parastatal? by funmi2010: 3:39pm On Jul 09, 2010
Majority went for Customs. Why cant EFCC go there,rather than going after Akingbola.

This government bodies steal in Millions, if not Billions.
Re: Which Is The Most Corrupt Government Parastatal? by shigoo2000: 3:42pm On Jul 09, 2010
1 CUSTOMS
2 POLICE
3 PHCN
4 IMMIGRATION
5 PRISONS
6 NNPC
7 NPA
8 NFF
9 FEDERAL MINISTRY OF WORKS
10 OFFICE OF THE PRESIDENCY/NATIONAL ASSEMBLY

ALL OF THEM ARE THE SAME, LETS PRAY FOR TOTAL CHANGE IN THIS OUR MOTHER LAND,
Re: Which Is The Most Corrupt Government Parastatal? by warripekin(m): 3:55pm On Jul 09, 2010
~Bluetooth:

rotflmao. . .  .visible ke ? Police commit more crime behind the scene than those we hear or see everyday.
I agree with on that. Police commit more crime behind the scene but Nigeria customs nko, they sabotage the nigerian economy. Why are the ports in Lome and Cotonou thriving? They are thriving because our thieving custom officials allow most of the contra band goods imported via these ports to come into Nigeria after collecting bribes. Most companies don't pay the exact excise duty because they will settle customs.
Re: Which Is The Most Corrupt Government Parastatal? by GoldCircle: 4:09pm On Jul 09, 2010
The last I heard on this issue two months ago was that the Police and PHCN officials were actually competing on who was more corrupt! IT has been agreed that their corruptibility will be put to test during the next general elections. So please watch out!
Re: Which Is The Most Corrupt Government Parastatal? by TeskyMan(m): 4:10pm On Jul 09, 2010
I bet you it's [size=16pt]THE NIGERIAN POLICE.[/size]

The most annoiying part is when they stand on the road and visibly collect 100naira from Danfo Drivers/Okada riders/Keke Napep Driver and Trailer Driver. It always strike my mind any time I withness daylight robbery by the NPF and i asked myself that "WHY CAN'T THUNDER STRIKE THESE USELESS TAUTS TUNED POLICE MEN TO DEATH", God forgive me.

Sincerely, I have total hatered for anyone who puts on the BLACK-BLACK uniform called Nigerian Police Force. God forgive me pls.

Cheers.
Re: Which Is The Most Corrupt Government Parastatal? by NaijaNaWaa: 4:13pm On Jul 09, 2010
1.NNPC
2.NNPC
3.NNPC
4.PRESIDENCY
5.NATIONAL ASSEMBLY
6.JUDICIARY
7.POLICE
8.CUSTOMS
9.FEDERAL INLAND REVENUE SERVICE
10. DEFENCE
11.PPRA
12.PTDF
13.DPR
14.FEDERAL MINISTRY OF WORKS
15. FEDERAL MINSTRY OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS
17. FEDERAL MINISTRY OF AGRICULTURE
18. FEDERAL MINISTRY OF HEALTH
19. FEDERAL MINISTRY OF EDUCATION
20. ANY GOVT AGENCY THAT CONTROLS HUGE FUNDS
Re: Which Is The Most Corrupt Government Parastatal? by emmydee(m): 4:14pm On Jul 09, 2010
1 CUSTOMS
2 POLICE
3 PHCN
4 NNPC
5 NPA
6 FEDERAL MINISTRY OF WORKS
7 NATIONAL ASSEMBLY
8 LOCAL GOVTS
9 MINISTRY OF INTERNAL AFFAIRS
10 ALL OF THEM!
Re: Which Is The Most Corrupt Government Parastatal? by obstead200(m): 4:17pm On Jul 09, 2010
I will give the gold medal of corruption to the Nigerian police force. They also won both the silver medal and the bronze medal.
Other parastatals and government agencies will have to make do with the consolation prizes in the corruption competition

Anybody who disagrees with this has obviously not had any encounter with the police. in fact that person does not live in Naija.
Re: Which Is The Most Corrupt Government Parastatal? by emmydee(m): 4:23pm On Jul 09, 2010
1 CUSTOMS
2 POLICE
3 PHCN
4 NNPC
5 NPA
6 FEDERAL MINISTRY OF WORKS
7 THE PRESIDENCY
8 NATIONAL ASSEMBLY
9 LOCAL GOVTS
10 MINISTRY OF INTERNAL AFFAIRS
11 ALL THE MINISTRIES
12 ALL OF THEM!
Re: Which Is The Most Corrupt Government Parastatal? by baslone: 4:27pm On Jul 09, 2010
What have you seen, Over there at PANTI they replace offending wealthy
individuals with hard criminals if you can negotiate with cool cash!. You can
actually commit murder and get away with it if you can pay!
Re: Which Is The Most Corrupt Government Parastatal? by teskyg: 4:55pm On Jul 09, 2010
There is Disruption every where.From Banks that rip off customers of the hard earn money,Telecom that cheats on subscribers,Churches where pastors request for Money from their followers,Mosques,Parks,Drivers,Lecturers who sleep with Ladies to award grades,Lawmakers,You have to keep going on and on, It is a bandwagon effect,
Re: Which Is The Most Corrupt Government Parastatal? by candylips(m): 4:58pm On Jul 09, 2010
Nigeria itself is corrupt
Re: Which Is The Most Corrupt Government Parastatal? by dapojaja(m): 5:09pm On Jul 09, 2010
didn't u all hear, NIGERIA alias CORRUPTION. tongue

@obstead200
U don't get it. 10 encounters with NPF is still <0.1 encounter with NCS. Customs don't collect N20 nor N200. U don't feel them because they do "their business" @ border lines. Plus they worth more than Gold, Silver & Bronze + Diamonds all put 2gether shocked
Re: Which Is The Most Corrupt Government Parastatal? by Abayomin70(m): 5:12pm On Jul 09, 2010
dats true what do dey do with dat money we pay for bill
Re: Which Is The Most Corrupt Government Parastatal? by Nobody: 5:30pm On Jul 09, 2010
baslone:

What have you seen, Over there at PANTI they replace offending wealthy
individuals with hard criminals if you can negotiate with cool cash!. You can
actually commit murder and get away with it if you can pay!
warripekin:

I agree with on that. Police commit more crime behind the scene but Nigeria customs nko, they sabotage the nigerian economy. Why are the ports in Lome and Cotonou thriving? They are thriving because our thieving custom officials allow most of the contra band goods imported via these ports to come into Nigeria after collecting bribes. Most companies don't pay the exact excise duty because they will settle customs.
custom collect bribe so does police but police arrest,torture and KILL innocent citizen. . . . Custom criminality is money related but police own are numerous including outright murder.
obstead200:

I will give the gold medal of corruption to the Nigerian police force. They also won both the silver medal and the bronze medal.
Other parastatals and government agencies will have to make do with the consolation prizes in the corruption competition

Anybody who disagrees with this has obviously not had any encounter with the police. in fact that person does not live in Naija.

Re: Which Is The Most Corrupt Government Parastatal? by Jibson999(m): 5:34pm On Jul 09, 2010
I think the poster should create a poll, so funny
Re: Which Is The Most Corrupt Government Parastatal? by ITbomb(m): 5:34pm On Jul 09, 2010
[size=16pt]1. CUSTOM[/size]
[size=16pt]2. NNPC[/size]
Police dey learn. we only talk about them cos they are the nearest to the masses
Re: Which Is The Most Corrupt Government Parastatal? by wealth2al(m): 5:36pm On Jul 09, 2010
@harpo, i am in full support of what you just said;
PHCN
POLICE
NNPC
CUSTOMS

yes, they are all together - same corrupt blood
Re: Which Is The Most Corrupt Government Parastatal? by zikko(m): 5:39pm On Jul 09, 2010
ICPC that are expected to fight corruption are even more corrupt than you can imagine.
Just two weeks ago we were invited for an allegation leveled against my organization, after much interrogation and evidence presented by my organization, they were satisfied that the allegation was false. instead of discharging the matter they started asking unnecessary questions so as to get bribe from us.
Re: Which Is The Most Corrupt Government Parastatal? by Okijajuju1(m): 5:43pm On Jul 09, 2010
Truthfully, they all are.

The question should be reversed like which is the least corrupt, then we would know how to tackle it.
Re: Which Is The Most Corrupt Government Parastatal? by Nobody: 5:55pm On Jul 09, 2010
ITbomb:

[size=16pt]1. CUSTOM[/size]
[size=16pt]2. NNPC[/size]
Police dey learn. we only talk about them cos they are the nearest to the masses
police learning ? Rotflmao. . .i guess you are not talking about the NIGERIA POLICE FORCE that i know. . .
Re: Which Is The Most Corrupt Government Parastatal? by Nobody: 5:57pm On Jul 09, 2010
1. PHCN
2. POLICE.
At least these are the ones dat concern me now.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Boko Haram Appoints New Mediators, Issues Letters Of Appointment / FEC Approves N4.8 Billion For Kwara, Osun Road Projects / Emir Of Katsina Declares Support For Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.