Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,560 members, 7,820,025 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:35 AM

The Sister I Never Had - Fiction - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Sister I Never Had - Fiction (389 Views)

The Life I Never Had. / Everything I Never Had / I Wish I Never Meet Him A Regret Story By Mary Temitope (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Sister I Never Had - Fiction by SynCityNg: 4:55pm On Sep 29, 2018
It started as another regular quarrel on another normal day, and everything went haywire. Four days and counting and there was still no news on Made’s whereabouts.

���

When Made came to live with us I really can’t remember but I’ve always known she was unloved by Mummy.

Mummy told me many frightful things about her, most times in hushed whispers lest anyone happened on us suddenly.

Made was disabled in the left leg, short and bent; this was because (Mummy told me) her own mother was a witch and had given Made some witchcraft too. I was to separate myself from her lest she gave me witchcraft too.

Mummy treated Made kindly only when Daddy was present but badly when he wasn’t, calling her names, “dirty housegirl” topping the list. Sometimes, it was painful to watch her, disabled leg, lifting very heavy things and doing tedious work; so against Mummy’s wish, when she wasn’t watching, I stole away to assist her with the chores.

But Made was kind, vibrant and full of life. I know this because at night between the hours of 8pm – 9, shortly after dinner, when Mummy was asleep (for she retired early to bed), Made and I would sit at the verandah and talk about many things.

She wasn’t particularly interested in formal education (this strengthened Mummy’s belief that she was a witch as witches were averse to anything good) and so was repeating the same class for the second time. I don’t think she was bothered.

One thing I noticed about Made during our nightly conversations was her fascination with the stars. She promised me that if she was given a choice and the power on where else to live, it would be in the sky as a star.

Because stars have no worries or fears and nobody hates them, she said and then in a sad sad voice added, You know your Mummy hates me, right?

I’d look away, embarrassed, unsure of how to answer that or even if I should answer. I did wish that Mummy would treat her better sometimes.

Lately, things grew worse, Made’s workload doubled,... Continue reading at
http://syncityng.com/2018/07/13/save-these-juices-with-tosan-tarre-4/

(1) (Reply)

A Note To Patricia | Shontellybee / Amazon Kindle Ebook Free: Mentomi–download My Mentorship Ebook Free-limited Time / How To Make Money Writing Your Own Ebook

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.