Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,968 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:51 AM

ASUU Rejects N500k School Fee Proposal For Public Universities - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Rejects N500k School Fee Proposal For Public Universities (33560 Views)

ASUU Rejects Curriculum Designed By NUC / ASUU Rejects 35% Salary Increase For Professors; Wants 100% / ASUU Rejects Proposed Hiking Of University Fees to about N500,000k (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASUU Rejects N500k School Fee Proposal For Public Universities by jaxxy(m): 7:28am On Sep 30, 2018
They want to copy the American/uk system when they don’t haven’t put in place necessary structures to support such system and sink graduates in ridiculous school loans.
Re: ASUU Rejects N500k School Fee Proposal For Public Universities by Nobody: 7:29am On Sep 30, 2018
GrammarNazi1:

...a lot.
Re: ASUU Rejects N500k School Fee Proposal For Public Universities by gare(f): 7:30am On Sep 30, 2018
Juliusmalema:
I think ASUU is wrong

Am with govt in this.

My brother Let me ask you one questions,

How will the parents of children earning below 20k pay N500k as fees.?

It is very easy for you to say you are with them, most of the the person in power went to school on Govt. scholarship, but now they want you to cough out 500k, from where, will civil servant be able to sen their children to school, so if i am may ask what is your reason for being with them,please tell us, maybe there is something you are seeing that we are not seeing.
Re: ASUU Rejects N500k School Fee Proposal For Public Universities by Shugavee(f): 7:30am On Sep 30, 2018
Juliusmalema:

We need the best educational system.

Can't u see this our present educational system is a trash.
That’s why it should be increased to 500k.. how many people will benefit from it if it is increased? Who would go to schoool? How many people can afford it? The educational system is good enough.
Re: ASUU Rejects N500k School Fee Proposal For Public Universities by GrammarNazi1(m): 7:30am On Sep 30, 2018
Juliusmalema:

Since most of us spend even more than this to study abroad, why can't we do it here and lift the face this our dead educational system.

Anyway govt can review it down for 250k for arts and 350k for sciences.
...why...system?
Re: ASUU Rejects N500k School Fee Proposal For Public Universities by AlphaStyles(m): 7:30am On Sep 30, 2018
Juliusmalema:

Nigerians complain alot.

Apply for scholarships to argument.
Nigerians complain a lot blah blah blah na only 1 pikin person dy born if em pay 500k for sch fees for 1 pikin shey the rest dem no go,go sch again abi
Re: ASUU Rejects N500k School Fee Proposal For Public Universities by Nobody: 7:31am On Sep 30, 2018
AlphaStyles:
Money don oya na i wan pay 100k sch fees u fit help me

Am not the one that gave birth to u that I will take on ur responsibility.

Apply for scholarships.
Re: ASUU Rejects N500k School Fee Proposal For Public Universities by GrammarNazi1(m): 7:31am On Sep 30, 2018
Juliusmalema:

Apply for scholarships.

I'm...

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Rejects N500k School Fee Proposal For Public Universities by bestview: 7:32am On Sep 30, 2018
amamahdaniel:
I am not against hiking the fees. I cant pay 500k for a 5k product. With the useless obsolete and worthless syllabus Niggerians shouldnt pay a dime as tuition fees. In fact some compensation should be paid for anyone who went through the shithole system.

LOL

1 Like

Re: ASUU Rejects N500k School Fee Proposal For Public Universities by MarcC: 7:32am On Sep 30, 2018
Juliusmalema:

Since most of us spend even more than this to study abroad, why can't we do it here and lift the face this our dead educational system.

This really shows that u are a Nigerian that see one sided only from the angle of the rich man.. First, u said most of "us " pay more abroad..who are the us? Most Nigerian parents struggle to pay tuition fees here and yet u say most of what?

Rather than increase it, let them recover looted funds, the unremitted monies that NNPC hasn't, these were monies meant to better the economy.. They hide these atrocities and want parents (Nigerians) to suffer for their crimes..

I guess u are from a rich home,but bro don't be insensitive abeg

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ASUU Rejects N500k School Fee Proposal For Public Universities by Nobody: 7:33am On Sep 30, 2018
gare:

My brother Let me ask you one questions,

How will the parents of children earning below 20k pay N500k as fees.?

It is very easy for you to say you are with them, most of the the person in power went to school on Govt. scholarship, but now they want you to cough out 500k, from where, will civil servant be able to sen their children to school, so if i am may ask what is your reason for being with them,please tell us, maybe there is something you are seeing that we are not seeing.

Am seeing a better educational system
Re: ASUU Rejects N500k School Fee Proposal For Public Universities by Shugavee(f): 7:33am On Sep 30, 2018
jmaine:

As a matter of fact, they haven't complained enough given the extreme challenging circumstances they live in.
gbammmm

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: ASUU Rejects N500k School Fee Proposal For Public Universities by Nobody: 7:33am On Sep 30, 2018
they should leave the school fees at the present amount but they should bring the education bank where students can borrow 1m every session. I will go back to school this time to study medicine. 7yrs=7million plus the many year I will spend on doing carryover till the school says they don't need me

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Rejects N500k School Fee Proposal For Public Universities by Nobody: 7:34am On Sep 30, 2018
Shugavee:
That’s why it should be increased to 500k.. how many people will benefit from it if it is increased? Who would go to schoool? How many people can afford it? The educational system is good enough.

Not good in anyway
Re: ASUU Rejects N500k School Fee Proposal For Public Universities by Hoodbilonia: 7:34am On Sep 30, 2018
men na to dump school enter street
when u hammer
or newly pick
buy motor
nor register am
flex am 3months.
after that sell am.
travel out gp hustle
come back after 5yrs
buy land
build house
buy g wagon
range sport
lexus es

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Rejects N500k School Fee Proposal For Public Universities by Nobody: 7:35am On Sep 30, 2018
AlphaStyles:
Nigerians complain a lot blah blah blah na only 1 pikin person dy born if em pay 500k for sch fees for 1 pikin shey the rest dem no go,go sch again abi

That's why govt advocate, give birth to how many u can train.
Re: ASUU Rejects N500k School Fee Proposal For Public Universities by Shugavee(f): 7:35am On Sep 30, 2018
Juliusmalema:

Not good in anyway
explain how?
Re: ASUU Rejects N500k School Fee Proposal For Public Universities by Abdulpro1(m): 7:36am On Sep 30, 2018
Juliusmalema:

Nigerians complain alot.

Apply for scholarships to argument.
And u think scholarships are so much in number that can even reach a 3rd of the number of students in Nigeria? Am telling u from experience bro, i've applied for scholarships, failed and succeeded in some but the number that usually attain these scholarships in the end dnt even measure up to 5% of the lot that applied, trust me
Re: ASUU Rejects N500k School Fee Proposal For Public Universities by Iamzik: 7:37am On Sep 30, 2018
No money for education but there's enough money to buy votes.

Useless demonic APC.

The zombie APC hacks will still support this

Watch their illogical arguments shortly....

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Rejects N500k School Fee Proposal For Public Universities by goshen26: 7:38am On Sep 30, 2018
I will rather encourage my wards to look for scholarship abroad, or sponsor them abroad than pay such money to obtain this dilapidated, obsolete style of edu.
Re: ASUU Rejects N500k School Fee Proposal For Public Universities by Nobody: 7:38am On Sep 30, 2018
MarcC:

This really shows that u are a Nigerian that see one sided only from the angle of the rich man.. First, u said most of "us " pay more abroad..who are the us? Most Nigerian parents struggle to pay tuition fees here and yet u say most of what?

Rather than increase it, let them recover looted funds, the unremitted monies that NNPC hasn't, these were monies meant to better the economy.. They hide these atrocities and want parents (Nigerians) to suffer for their crimes..

I guess u are from a rich home,but bro don't be insensitive abeg

Why is it that we complain a lot over trivial issuea.
Re: ASUU Rejects N500k School Fee Proposal For Public Universities by gare(f): 7:38am On Sep 30, 2018
Juliusmalema:

Am seeing a better educational system

that is not good enough, the Abacha loot that was returned back should have be invested the educational or health sector, but instead, the Govt. decided to share the money amongst the poor i believe they may have spent the money and still remain poor, but if that money was invested in the health sector, i believe it will save a lot of lives.

Then back your response, fine we all want a better educational system, but first the living standard of Nigerians have to improve first, for them to afford such.
Re: ASUU Rejects N500k School Fee Proposal For Public Universities by AlphaStyles(m): 7:39am On Sep 30, 2018
Juliusmalema:

That's why govt advocate, give birth to how many u can train.
how much be salary when u go dy pay half a million as school fees? stop been absurd
Re: ASUU Rejects N500k School Fee Proposal For Public Universities by Nobody: 7:39am On Sep 30, 2018

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Rejects N500k School Fee Proposal For Public Universities by harriet412(f): 7:40am On Sep 30, 2018
Juliusmalema:

You don't have sense, So u think if we start paying that amount of money, our educational system will resurrect. Lolv with the leaders we have..
Re: ASUU Rejects N500k School Fee Proposal For Public Universities by DrHighchief(m): 7:40am On Sep 30, 2018
Is it 500k as minimum wage?
Re: ASUU Rejects N500k School Fee Proposal For Public Universities by kings09(m): 7:41am On Sep 30, 2018
ayobaye:

Thanks Prof, wisdom will not die in your life. See the government that promised heaven and earth for Nigerians, look at their proposal for us. This is a way of impoverishing the youth and subjected to perpetual slavery. It is not acceptable
It is acceptable oo. To peanut-rewarded zombies that I'm surprised r not here to shout sai baba they were employed for. But if na Osun election thread or to shout ipob, u wld see dem crazing up n down.

Madridguy, sarrki, buterflyleo, deomelo, corrinthians, seunmsg, ngenebullshit, hotfreeze....com n shout up ur sai baba proposal/achievement.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ASUU Rejects N500k School Fee Proposal For Public Universities by IsaAbubakar: 7:41am On Sep 30, 2018
dokyOloye:
My friend, the Sheikh from Kebbi grin grin
Long time no see grin
Looks like you were serving a ban grin
Assalamualaikum bro cool
Re: ASUU Rejects N500k School Fee Proposal For Public Universities by AlphaStyles(m): 7:41am On Sep 30, 2018
Juliusmalema:

Apply for scholarships.

aint u the one advocating for high tution fees? so give me the money and dem tell u say scholarships dy grow for tree?
Re: ASUU Rejects N500k School Fee Proposal For Public Universities by Nobody: 7:41am On Sep 30, 2018
AlphaStyles:
how much be salary when u go dy pay half a million as school fees? stop been absurd

U can't tell that if u have three children, u can't train dem to any level.
Re: ASUU Rejects N500k School Fee Proposal For Public Universities by StillX10(m): 7:42am On Sep 30, 2018
Buhari and useless government.

GEJ proposed 220 billion naira annually and this one destroying the education system through stupid policies

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

How To Graduate With First Class- My Experiences And Lessons Learnt / OAU Suspends Professor Richard Akindele Indefinitely Over Sex For Mark / Almajiri, Adamu Tilde Graduates From Hungary University (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.