Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,865 members, 7,810,295 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:12 AM

Alternatives To Car GPS - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Alternatives To Car GPS (1007 Views)

Help!!!!! Volvo Xc90 Car GPS Not Working / See What A Melting Road Did To Car Tyres After An Heavy Rain & Sun In Australia / Watch BMW's Car-To-Car Refueling During M5 8Hr Drift Setting 2 New World Records (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Alternatives To Car GPS by rottenPussy: 7:19am On Sep 30, 2018
Hi, my camry 05 does not have a Gps, and I tend to take longer route while driving since i'm not sure about available shortcut.

Please advice on any good app for navigation within Nigeria. Or would you advise that I change my car radio to a dvd/gps navigation system (quite expensive tho)...

P.S. I use samsung galaxy s8. Have tried the inbuilt map, but it seems slow.
Re: Alternatives To Car GPS by Nobody: 8:23am On Sep 30, 2018
No afternarket head unit will give u better navigation than the Google maps on ur phone or download sygic gps with Nigeria offline map. Unless the head unit u are buying is an Android system, in that case u have Google maps and can download afternarket nav apps like sygic. Just use ur phone bro, even most people that have cars with nav still use their phones instead of the factory nav. All u need is a cat phone holder like this.

Re: Alternatives To Car GPS by rottenPussy: 4:17pm On Sep 30, 2018
greenhulk:
No afternarket head unit will give u better navigation than the Google maps on ur phone or download sygic gps with Nigeria offline map. Unless the head unit u are buying is an Android system, in that case u have Google maps and can download afternarket nav apps like sygic. Just use ur phone bro, even most people that have cars with nav still use their phones instead of the factory nav. All u need is a cat phone holder like this.
Thnks, pls share the link to that page.
Re: Alternatives To Car GPS by Nobody: 4:42pm On Sep 30, 2018
rottenPussy:
Thnks, pls share the link to that page.

Just search for car phone holder on Jumia or Konga

https://www./fly-2-in-1-best-car-phone-holder-etc-with-360-degree-rotation.how-to-use-watch-video-below-16845699.html

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

See The Car That You Can Play Snooker On Anywhere, Anytime! (video) / Gurus Pls Help Me Out / Please Help, My Camry Suddenly Developed A Gear Fault, Please.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.