Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,738 members, 7,831,346 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:26 PM

AA Woman Pregnant By Igbo Man - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / AA Woman Pregnant By Igbo Man (4343 Views)

Igbo Picnic: 2023 Families Picnics Sponsored By Igbo Union Stockholm (IUS), Swed / Commonly Answered Igbo Names By Igbo States In Alphabetical Order / Ijesa Indigenes In Canada Elect Okey Paulicap Okeke, Igbo Man As President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: AA Woman Pregnant By Igbo Man by frankfrancis871: 7:22am On Oct 11, 2018
Nyu424:

Who is Yoruba grin? Who are you referring to exactly? I don't understand your post because I'm AA.
Yoruba is the name of an ethnic group in Nigeria with over 30 million population.
Re: AA Woman Pregnant By Igbo Man by morpheus24: 12:24am On Oct 12, 2018
HORRORIZON:

LOL. That's ridiculous. If that's your experience, then it's pretty obvious that you haven't spent much time around us. We say that ish all the time, especially when we want to make our point clear or express the severity of our words, and usually done in a very stern or sassy way. smiley

The above correlates much more with typical AA diction and writting patterns, the poster on the other hand is still suspect

but don't let me divert away from the subject matter at hand eh!

1 Like

Re: AA Woman Pregnant By Igbo Man by pazienza(m): 1:56pm On Oct 12, 2018
OP.
Nope. He's just being wayward. Igbo culture places importance on human life, even those born outside wedlock. We respect bloodlines, even though we frown at childbirth outside wedlock, we wouldn't totally reject the child, since we know the child is innocent of the parent behavior.

I have my questions though.
Are you in contact with any member of the family of this Igbo man?

4 Likes

Re: AA Woman Pregnant By Igbo Man by Nyu424: 9:06pm On Oct 13, 2018
frankfrancis871:
The truth is he might not take it likely with if you talk to his parents or relative. But that's the only thing I can recommend if you need help because from the way he acts, the man is probably not ready for marriage or being a father. But be careful, such people could be bad-tempered..

Thank you for your admonishment.
Re: AA Woman Pregnant By Igbo Man by frankfrancis871: 9:19pm On Oct 13, 2018
Nyu424:

Thank you for your admonishment. I'm hoping his mother would somehow get in touch with me about the child once she is born. If not, I guess I could reach out, but I'm extremely hesitant. I just want the child to know her fathers side, especially the grandparents.
Yeah that's a good decision @the bolded

1 Like

Re: AA Woman Pregnant By Igbo Man by Nyu424: 9:32pm On Oct 13, 2018
pazienza:
OP.
Nope. He's just being wayward. Igbo culture places importance on human life, even those born outside wedlock. We respect bloodlines, even though we frown at childbirth outside wedlock, we wouldn't totally reject the child, since we know the child is innocent of the parent behavior.

I have my questions though.
Are you in contact with any member of the family of this Igbo man?

Thank you for your candor, I wouldn't expect anything less. I only want the child to know her fathers side. I've spoken to nobody in person or on the phone. He and I used to be in communication.
Re: AA Woman Pregnant By Igbo Man by Nyu424: 9:35pm On Oct 13, 2018
frankfrancis871:
Yeah that's a good decision @the bolded

Thanks, I'm trying. I know it's our shame to carry not the childs, especially with her being a girl. I'm hoping she could gain protection and the wonderful history of Igbo culture from her father and her grandparents.

1 Like

Re: AA Woman Pregnant By Igbo Man by frankfrancis871: 9:45pm On Oct 13, 2018
Nyu424:

Thanks, I'm trying. I know it's our shame to carry not the childs, especially with her being a girl. I'm hoping she could gain protection and the wonderful history of Igbo culture from her father and her grandparents.
You'd make a perfect mother, teaching her the knowledge of Igbo culture and language is a good start and a good decision. Well done!

1 Like

Re: AA Woman Pregnant By Igbo Man by Nyu424: 10:06pm On Oct 13, 2018
frankfrancis871:
You'd make a perfect mother, teaching her the knowledge of Igbo culture and language is a good start and a good decision. Well done!

� means a lot to me.
Re: AA Woman Pregnant By Igbo Man by frankfrancis871: 10:23pm On Oct 13, 2018
Nyu424:

� means a lot to me because I'm so scared! But just get on with it I guess.
Just keeping praying to God, it never hurts to keep trying, believe in yourself and NEVER GIVE UP!

One day, the man may come back to his senses BUT LEARN A LESSON FROM WHAT JUST HAPPENED TO YOU. BECAREFUL WITH SUCH MEN, IN IGBOLAND MARRIAGE IS THE BEST!

God bless you

1 Like

Re: AA Woman Pregnant By Igbo Man by NIGHTMARE0O7: 8:30pm On Nov 17, 2018
Nyu424:
Hello everyone,

I would appreciate some advice on the matter from you all's perspective. Is the father obligated to the child when conceived out of wedlock?
Hello how are u fairing with ur problem.
When u come online quote me,
Re: AA Woman Pregnant By Igbo Man by Nyu424: 2:24am On Nov 23, 2018
NIGHTMARE0O7:

Hello how are u fairing with ur problem.
When u come online quote me,

The pregnancy is coming along and I'm healthy. However, the childs father remains hostile towards me and the baby. Thank you for your comcern.
Re: AA Woman Pregnant By Igbo Man by NIGHTMARE0O7: 9:13am On Nov 23, 2018
Nyu424:

The pregnancy is coming along and I'm healthy. However, the childs father remains hostile towards me and the baby. Many of my friends suggest trying to contact the mother and father of the childs father, but they live in Nigeria. I don't know if the childs father has informed his parents or if the parents know and remain disinterested. I would like to say I'm alright, but that's not how I feel. I appreciate your concern.

That's sad, he is behaving very childish unlike Igbo man, who likes to take their responsibility.
I think its right to contact the parents..

Sorry about this question...
Are u a white woman or African ?
Re: AA Woman Pregnant By Igbo Man by Nyu424: 7:27am On Nov 25, 2018
NIGHTMARE0O7:

That's sad, he is behaving very childish unlike Igbo man, who likes to take their responsibility.
I think its right to contact the parents..

Sorry about this question...
Are u a white woman or African ?

I am an African American, but I'm not the stereotype if that helps capture my character. But would the parents want to be part of the childs life even though the father may choose to be absent? I'm at a crossroad.
Re: AA Woman Pregnant By Igbo Man by NIGHTMARE0O7: 11:28am On Nov 25, 2018
Nyu424:

I am an African American, but I'm not the stereotype if that helps capture my character. But would the parents want to be part of the childs life even though the father may choose to be absent? I'm at a crossroad.

Nope, the reason I asked is to know if u are white girl because and to know if that's why the guy is behaving that way... "some" African parents are against their son marrying white.

But I think you let the parents know what son did, how could he got u pregnant and ask to abort it, ?
tell them u are scared to lose ur life that's why u rejected the abortion.

Do u have whatsapp?
Re: AA Woman Pregnant By Igbo Man by Nyu424: 12:43am On Nov 27, 2018
NIGHTMARE0O7:

Nope, the reason I asked is to know if u are white girl because and to know if that's why the guy is behaving that way... "some" African parents are against their son marrying white.

But I think you let the parents know what son did, how could he got u pregnant and ask to abort it, ?

Do u have whatsapp?

I understand. I do have whatsapp. There is so much I haven't said in order to keep my situation brief and relatively general. I wouldn't mind speaking to you on a different forum.
Re: AA Woman Pregnant By Igbo Man by Nyu424: 12:46am On Nov 27, 2018
NIGHTMARE0O7:

Do u have whatsapp?

I understand. I do have whatsapp. I have no clue how me or my family should address the parents. Is it possible too that they just don't care that he has a child coming into the world because it's out of wedlock/marriage? I wouldn't mind speaking to you on a different forum.
Re: AA Woman Pregnant By Igbo Man by NIGHTMARE0O7: 10:55am On Nov 27, 2018
Nyu424:

I understand. I do have whatsapp. There is so much I haven't said in order to keep my situation brief and relatively general. I wouldn't mind speaking to you on a different forum.

Ok send me pm.
Just wana give u little advice

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

When We Ruled - The Glories Of Egypt / Calabar Carnival: Street Party, Colourful Costumes / Which African Countries Have You Visited?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.