Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,122 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:23 AM

Fela Durotoye Writes ANN Chairman About Alleged Involvement With Osinbajo - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fela Durotoye Writes ANN Chairman About Alleged Involvement With Osinbajo (22917 Views)

Photos From Vice Presidential Debate As Obi Clashes With Osinbajo. See Reactions / Fela Durotoye Cautioning A ‘Big Man’ To Join The Queue At Abuja Airport (Video) / Fela Durotoye Dancing In Abuja (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fela Durotoye Writes ANN Chairman About Alleged Involvement With Osinbajo by Nobody: 9:11am On Sep 30, 2018
solaisola:

maybe you should read it again oooo... you did not see the part of false and misleading allegation...

oga make he talk if he collect money or not, when he says allegation he is being very vague and he should clear the air properly so that poeple like us who cannot think properly would know that he said he did not collect any money from anybody..nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Fela Durotoye Writes ANN Chairman About Alleged Involvement With Osinbajo by ehemwhy(m): 9:13am On Sep 30, 2018
cbrass:

Go back and read it slowly again. Some things are just sickening. Your parents spent their hard earned money on you to be educated, so please put it to use

There is no express and categorical denial here , 'false and misleading information' ....sounds a bit vague .

1 Like

Re: Fela Durotoye Writes ANN Chairman About Alleged Involvement With Osinbajo by poseidon12: 9:14am On Sep 30, 2018
trillville:
I have nothing against Fela Durotoye, but in this response, he did not deny collecting money from Osinbajo. At least, I can not see any statement where he says the claim is false.

Same observation here too. I was expecting to read him clearly denying collecting money from Osinbajo or the APC. I guess there is truth in the allegation. That's very unfortunate.

1 Like

Re: Fela Durotoye Writes ANN Chairman About Alleged Involvement With Osinbajo by techstack: 9:15am On Sep 30, 2018
ThierryJay:
I know Fela Durotoye will not be involved in receiving inducements. He might have known Osinbajo from his network, but to receive bribes will seriously damage his credibility.

I also do not think Osinbajo would have attempted to induce him. I mean, what's the essence, it's not like ANN is a threat to APC/PDP realistically. Also, even if true, how would FD tell his supporters to vote for APC without tarnishing his image?

My submission

My point as well
Re: Fela Durotoye Writes ANN Chairman About Alleged Involvement With Osinbajo by poseidon12: 9:20am On Sep 30, 2018
cbrass:

Go back and read it slowly again. Some things are just sickening. Your parents spent their hard earned money on you to be educated, so please put it to use

It's you that should go back and read it slowly again. Durotoye did not deny collecting money from Osinbajo or the APC. The allegation was very specific about him collecting #750million. He did not deny that. Can you tell us why?

1 Like

Re: Fela Durotoye Writes ANN Chairman About Alleged Involvement With Osinbajo by Youngsage: 9:21am On Sep 30, 2018
Partnerbiz:

Which credibility?
We are talking about 750m .not 750k
Many will fall for it bro
Thank God you said many, not all. smh.
Re: Fela Durotoye Writes ANN Chairman About Alleged Involvement With Osinbajo by poseidon12: 9:26am On Sep 30, 2018
ThierryJay:
I know Fela Durotoye will not be involved in receiving inducements. He might have known Osinbajo from his network, but to receive bribes will seriously damage his credibility.

I also do not think Osinbajo would have attempted to induce him. I mean, what's the essence, it's not like ANN is a threat to APC/PDP realistically. Also, even if true, how would FD tell his supporters to vote for APC without tarnishing his image?
My submission

Then why did he not specifically deny collecting #750m? I had respect for him and Muoghalu before now. He needs to address the issue pointedly. Or sue the accusers.
Re: Fela Durotoye Writes ANN Chairman About Alleged Involvement With Osinbajo by Brugo(m): 9:26am On Sep 30, 2018
trillville:
I have nothing against Fela Durotoye, but in this response, he did not deny collecting money from Osinbajo. At least, I can not see any statement where he says the claim is false.

Open your eyes. Use your brain. They are not decorative organs of the human body.
Re: Fela Durotoye Writes ANN Chairman About Alleged Involvement With Osinbajo by Nobody: 9:32am On Sep 30, 2018
Brugo:

Open your eyes. Use your brain. They are not decorative organs of the human body.

No need for the insults. How difficult is it to say "I never collected any money from APC"?

He didn't even mention money inducements at all.

4 Likes

Re: Fela Durotoye Writes ANN Chairman About Alleged Involvement With Osinbajo by Belleful: 9:33am On Sep 30, 2018
una never start, na fight una wan take end am. this goes to show there is no credible alternative to APC N PDP.

1 Like

Re: Fela Durotoye Writes ANN Chairman About Alleged Involvement With Osinbajo by EduMandela: 9:35am On Sep 30, 2018
FD was known for his uprightness but I really do not think politics will go well for him
Re: Fela Durotoye Writes ANN Chairman About Alleged Involvement With Osinbajo by Nobody: 9:39am On Sep 30, 2018
Rccg has become a coalition of political parties.they have left their primary assignment of bringing souls to God. Their major assignment now is to rule this very earth they claim will turn to hellfire for us
Re: Fela Durotoye Writes ANN Chairman About Alleged Involvement With Osinbajo by ThierryJay: 9:43am On Sep 30, 2018
Partnerbiz:

Which credibility?

We are talking about 750m
.not 750k

Many will fall for it bro

Agreed that the amount is significant enough to sway even the most principled minds.

However, the other side to it is that, Why will Osibanjo attempt to give FD 750million? To what end politically? I am not holding brief for Osibanjo but do you think FD holds that much political weight to warrant being enticed by APC through Osibanjo?
Re: Fela Durotoye Writes ANN Chairman About Alleged Involvement With Osinbajo by ThierryJay: 9:48am On Sep 30, 2018
poseidon12:

Then why did he not specifically deny collecting #750m? I had respect for him and Muoghalu before now. He needs to address the issue pointedly. Or sue the accusers.

Notwithstanding my previous comments, I agree that FD urgently needs to clearly debunk the allegation, as playing ostrich in the sand will seriously disappoint his followers, who are mostly highly cerebral.

1 Like

Re: Fela Durotoye Writes ANN Chairman About Alleged Involvement With Osinbajo by eph12(m): 9:56am On Sep 30, 2018
FortifiedCity:
He should have refuted it exactly the way Apc said they gave him 750m.

As far as this particular letter is concerned, he is not denying collecting money
Can you please show me the report where it was confirmed that APC gave him any money?
Re: Fela Durotoye Writes ANN Chairman About Alleged Involvement With Osinbajo by VULCAN(m): 9:56am On Sep 30, 2018
Seems you enjoy insulting people without cause. The chap you are insulting has a valid point.

Fela was extremely ambiguous in his response and since the allegations are numerous and rather weighty he should have listed them out one by one and denied.

His reply is a classic political response.

Did you or did you not collect money? If you did not, then you state it categorically.

Don't behave like the Buharideen's who defend the indefensible on a daily basis

cbrass:

Re: Fela Durotoye Writes ANN Chairman About Alleged Involvement With Osinbajo by eph12(m): 9:57am On Sep 30, 2018
Ioannes:

No need for the insults. How difficult is it to say "I never collected any money from APC"?

He didn't even mention money inducements at all.
Did APC say they gave money to ANN? ANN of all parties? I laugh
Re: Fela Durotoye Writes ANN Chairman About Alleged Involvement With Osinbajo by Nobody: 9:59am On Sep 30, 2018
eph12:

Did APC say they gave money to ANN? ANN of all parties? I laugh

When did Fela Durotoye become equivalent to ANN?
Re: Fela Durotoye Writes ANN Chairman About Alleged Involvement With Osinbajo by eph12(m): 9:59am On Sep 30, 2018
VULCAN:
Seems you enjoy insulting people without cause. Fela was extremely ambiguous in his response and since the allegations are numerous and rather weighty he should have listed them out one by one and denied.

His reply is a classic political response.

Did you or did you not collect money? If you did not, then you state it categorically.

But you didn't confirm the report that money was paid to anybody. Or do you know who exactly made this payment? How come we hear of the receiver but nothing about the person that made the payment
Re: Fela Durotoye Writes ANN Chairman About Alleged Involvement With Osinbajo by eph12(m): 10:00am On Sep 30, 2018
Ioannes:

When did Fela Durotoye become equivalent to ANN?
OK I rephrase. Did APC say they gave money to FD?
Re: Fela Durotoye Writes ANN Chairman About Alleged Involvement With Osinbajo by eph12(m): 10:08am On Sep 30, 2018
See as they're quick to drag FD but nobody is asking who in the APC made the probably imaginary payment. If it was osibanjo, why is nobody dragging him? So many shallow minded people, always angry Nigerians. Neither Hashim nor FD can even win their LG with what is happening now, but some are quick to believe they're worth 750m. Lol

1 Like

Re: Fela Durotoye Writes ANN Chairman About Alleged Involvement With Osinbajo by jjmk(m): 10:15am On Sep 30, 2018
cbrass:
The Chairman
Alliance for New Nigeria (ANN)

Dear Sir

My attention has been brought to a statement credited to the Gbenga Olawepo - Hashim Presidential campaign organization dated September 28, 2018 and signed by its Director General, Rt. Hon. Terseer Tsumba which insinuates the following:

1. That a “certain Presidential aspirant is fronting for some powerful interests in the All Progressive Congress (APC) to destabilize the Alliance for New Nigeria”

Being the only other Presidential Aspirant apart from Mr. Hashim on our great party, it is important that I respond to these false & misleading allegations.

For the avoidance of doubt, I wish to inform you that I have never been a member of any political party prior to joining the Alliance for New Nigeria on the 22nd of February, 2018, nor have I ever supported or been associated with any political party, especially the All Progressive Congress (APC)

2. “This Presidential Aspirant pretending to be campaigning for the Office of President launched a series of attacks on the party in the build up to her congresses and National Convention”

As you are aware, there were several concerns that myself, Dr. Thomas Wilson Ikubese & Dr. (Mrs) Elishama Ideh had about the direction our party was going as we didn’t feel the principles of fair play and true democracy that had drawn us to ANN were being upheld.

We had communicated our concerns via email to the Interim Chairman, Dr. Jay Samuels and copied the Board of Trustees and we decided at the time, not to attend the previous National Convention scheduled for the 11th of August, 2018.

Please let it be known for the record that I never at any time, used a public statement to “attack the party”

3. “This is in order to foist a prematurely organized Presidential Primary election on the party with the intent of producing a desired outcome by the ruling APC”

As a non Executive member of the Alliance for New Nigeria, I am not privy to deliberations of the National Working Committee or Board of Trustees, therefore, I can not be responsible for decisions the party makes towards scheduling conventions or primary elections.

4. “This so called Presidential Aspirant also circulated disparaging remarks aimed at impugning the credibility of our principal in social media...”

Such statements are contrary to my personal values, one of which is to “care and show respect through my words and actions”.

I have consistently run a unifying campaign that promotes values of respect & decency, without any direct or indirect attack on any candidate and have maintained a cordial relationship with Mr. Olawepo - Hashim.

I presume that our party is committed to principles of Transparency, Integrity & Excellence (TIE) in the quest for free and fair primaries.

I would appreciate if you could kindly look into and address these issues.

My continued best wishes are to Mr. Olawepo- Hashim and my commitment remains to the Alliance for New Nigeria (ANN).

God bless you.
God bless the Alliance for New Nigeria and may God bless The Federal Republic of Nigeria.

Fela Durotoye

I don't trust Fela Durotoye. How can he boldly lie that he has never associated with the APC before? Was he not hobnobbing with the APC during the 2015 elections?
I have always said that Fela will not get my vote, he clearly lacks good judgement. Period.
Re: Fela Durotoye Writes ANN Chairman About Alleged Involvement With Osinbajo by Nobody: 10:34am On Sep 30, 2018
eph12:

OK I rephrase. Did APC say they gave money to FD?

I don't know. That's the news starting to circulate and whether true or not I think he should address it before it becomes true in the minds of the people.

Re: Fela Durotoye Writes ANN Chairman About Alleged Involvement With Osinbajo by eph12(m): 10:50am On Sep 30, 2018
Ioannes:

I don't know. That's the news starting to circulate and whether true or not I think he should address it before it becomes true in the minds of the people.
Would you believe him if he said he didn't collect any money?
Re: Fela Durotoye Writes ANN Chairman About Alleged Involvement With Osinbajo by Nobody: 11:04am On Sep 30, 2018
eph12:

Would you believe him if he said he didn't collect any money?

He hasn't given me any reason not to believe him. Of course i will believe him.

The least he can do is address it and deny the allegations. It will be on record that he categorically denied it. Silence or ambiguity comes of as guilt.

You can see, people are already concluding that he did the deed.

1 Like

Re: Fela Durotoye Writes ANN Chairman About Alleged Involvement With Osinbajo by GreatrAnalyst: 11:12am On Sep 30, 2018
ThierryJay:

My submission

Well-submitted submission.
As much as I don't know Fela Durotoye as he knows himself, I believe he couldn't have been bribed.
FD is a brand which has been built on some great values over the years.
Well, anyone is permitted to differ on this. To easily believe that he has been bought is to belong among the class of humans who think money is superior to many things and all things. Many billions can't redeem a spoilt name and reputation.
To what end?
Re: Fela Durotoye Writes ANN Chairman About Alleged Involvement With Osinbajo by SirLakes: 11:12am On Sep 30, 2018
Fela didn't even mention anything like money in this statement

In daddy showky's voice 'We Dey Watch Una' cool
Re: Fela Durotoye Writes ANN Chairman About Alleged Involvement With Osinbajo by cmikel: 11:20am On Sep 30, 2018
solaisola:

maybe you should read it again oooo... you did not see the part of false and misleading allegation...

Oga in the court of law allegation as he put it could be anything

the fact is that he din't specifically deny the allegation as it was specifically thrown at him.

He is not president already and his responses are becoming curney

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

“Nsima Ekere Must Go!”: Protests Rock NDDC Headquarters / Ben Bruce Replies Charly Boy, Insists ‘Atiku Is An Option’ / We”ll Pursue Outcome Of 2023 Election To Supreme Court – Afenifere

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.