Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,006 members, 7,835,417 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:53 AM

WC Third Place: Uruguay Vs Germany [2 - 3] - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / WC Third Place: Uruguay Vs Germany [2 - 3] (5859 Views)

Poll: Who Wins the Bronze medal?

Uruguay: 13% (4 votes)
Germany: 86% (26 votes)
This poll has ended

Nigeria Vs Germany: U20 World Cup (0 - 1) On 11th June 2015 / Nigeria Vs Germany (0 - 1): FIFA U-20 Women WC Final On 8th August 2014 / Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup: (1 - 2) On 20th June 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: WC Third Place: Uruguay Vs Germany [2 - 3] by eyoniggar(m): 10:52pm On Jul 10, 2010
Forlan is indeed the best striker in this tourney IMO.

He is indeed Diego Jabulaani!!
Re: WC Third Place: Uruguay Vs Germany [2 - 3] by Sauron1: 11:16pm On Jul 10, 2010
mama-gee:

Well, to his country he's a hero but to the rest of the world and FIFA he's just another cheat in football. .

Btw, I heard the commentators say some of his countrymen were booing him too

So, would you rather go in the history books of your country as a hero and go into the history books of football as a worthless cheat?

He's worshiped in his country. . . .
His hand took Uruguay to the Semis. . . . .A place where Brazil, Argentina and Chile couldn't reach.
I would have Suarez's position than FATkubu and the other Nigerian sissies like Kaita and Osaze(buncha spineless nonentities).
Re: WC Third Place: Uruguay Vs Germany [2 - 3] by mikeoscar: 11:18pm On Jul 10, 2010
apostle paul was right!!!!   ooopsss!!, i meant octopus paul    

Naughty man grin grin

Come to think of it, I started supporting Uruguay from their first game in this tourney because of the way they played and have kept faith with them irrespective of that silly/dubious Suarez hand of His god.

Uruguay have impressed me overall and especially Forlan who came in here with un-assuming profile and have left tonight with his head high un-like the other over-hyped players who left SA earlier than expected with their heads hanging down.

Octopus Paul UGLY  is just some demonised creature trying to impose itself  on football and I will not give it any of my precious credit.

Both teams have played well tonight and we may have seen "the final of finals" like they say in terms of good football. I can't bet on any entertaining football tomorrow as both teams might be playing too cautiously because of the gold cup at stake. I see spain starting with their typical touch-touch football but the dutch will run at them ceaselessly if that happens.

Expect  alot of calls in favor of Spain too as they will be falling all over the place in reaction to the power play of the dutch. It will be tight but on the night it will go to the team that will risk changing game plans in the middle of play to match the quality of opposition they come against. Any form of lithurgic traditional kind of mind-set might not win the game for both countries. I hope I'm wrong though so I can apologise after the match tomorrow. grin
Re: WC Third Place: Uruguay Vs Germany [2 - 3] by mamagee3(f): 11:20pm On Jul 10, 2010
~Sauron~:

He's worshiped in his country. . . .
His hand took Uruguay to the Semis. . . . .A place where Brazil, Argentina and Chile couldn't reach.
I would have Suarez's position than FATkubu and the other Nigerian sissies like Kaita and Osaze(buncha spineless nonentities).
He's not worshipped in his country, Diego forlan is the man.

Suarez is just another cheat, he knows it, Did you see how ashamed he was today hearing the boos? undecided

He didn't want to anywhere close to the post and he was completely nowhere to be seen which is unlike him. . .

And his act was completely worthless because ever since he did that Uruguay has never won any match and they didn't get the 4th place anyway.

It was quite pointless!
Re: WC Third Place: Uruguay Vs Germany [2 - 3] by Sauron1: 11:29pm On Jul 10, 2010
mama-gee:

He's not worshipped in his country, Diego forlan is the man.

Suarez is just another cheat, he knows it, Did you see how ashamed he was today hearing the boos? undecided

He didn't want to anywhere close to the post and he was completely nowhere to be seen which is unlike him. . .

And his act was completely worthless because ever since he did that Uruguay has never won any match and they didn't get the 4th place anyway.

It was quite pointless!

I am sure if Cristiano(your crush) had done the same thing, you would be lusting more after him.
Mamagee, it's about time you take off your rose-tinted goggles.

Suarez acted on instinct - it was the last kick of the game.
99.99% of the players in the world cup woulda done the same. . . . .Players cheat every time to their advantage.
Re: WC Third Place: Uruguay Vs Germany [2 - 3] by wale0700(m): 11:35pm On Jul 10, 2010
mama-gee:

It was quite pointless!

they r 4th
Re: WC Third Place: Uruguay Vs Germany [2 - 3] by mamagee3(f): 11:37pm On Jul 10, 2010
@Sauron

Actually, he's the first player that ever did it. . .

There's no excuse for cheating, maybe they should have played better in the game and had an unquestionable victory like any other team instead of stealing another team's victory and getting them eliminated.

Whatever happened to the spirit of sportsmanship. undecided

He's just a sore loser and me and the rest of the world is rejoicing for their loss today ever since then they lost all their matches.

Is it just a coincidence or karma?

wale0700:

they r 4th
Doesn't count in the World Cup's history books. wink grin
Re: WC Third Place: Uruguay Vs Germany [2 - 3] by whitesturd(f): 11:40pm On Jul 10, 2010
Germany won.hurray.f u c k Uruguay,serves them right for making Ghana not get to semi final.
Re: WC Third Place: Uruguay Vs Germany [2 - 3] by Sauron1: 11:45pm On Jul 10, 2010
mama-gee:

@Sauron

Actually, he's the first player that ever did it. . .

There's no excuse for cheating, maybe they should have played better in the game and had an unquestionable victory like any other team instead of stealing another team's victory and getting them eliminated.

Whatever happened to the spirit of sportsmanship. undecided

He's just a sore loser and me and the rest of the world is rejoicing for their loss today ever since then they lost all their matches.

Is it just a coincidence or karma?

Stop this self righteousness. . . . .
All football players are cheats. . . . .They all claim to have been fouled, they all dive. . .they all claim throw-ins, corner-kicks even when they know they made the last touch before the ball went out of touch.
The object is to put your team in an advantage - unless your last name is KAITA. . . . .

What Suarez did is not different from what Henry did to take France to the World Cup and it's not different to what Maradona did in 1986.
These things happen in football. It's not a game of 100% perfection. It's a game of flaws in judgement even from the officials.
Suarez acted on instinct and it paid off - it coulda gone the other way round had Asamoah Gyan buried his penalty kick.
Re: WC Third Place: Uruguay Vs Germany [2 - 3] by DrKitaun(m): 12:17am On Jul 11, 2010
Sauron

Suarez ur namesake should be given a heroic welcome alongside D Forlan. Dude should be celebrated for patriotism, not maligned. Even clerics under death threat would deny themselves, how much less a paid-to-lie/dive/cheat or f.uckever name u could come up with.
Re: WC Third Place: Uruguay Vs Germany [2 - 3] by asofejo(m): 12:38am On Jul 11, 2010
@mama-gee, i think any player in suarez situation will do exactly the same thing against ghana, c'mon they are professionals, i don't see it as cheating because the referee gave him a red card and awarded a penalty kick to the ghanaians (which is fair enough for the ghanaians}, the spectators booing suarez today are sore losers, he is still an hero in his country because he sacrified himself for his country at the crucial moment which gave them the fourth place position(equals uruguay's best record in the world cup since 1954).
Re: WC Third Place: Uruguay Vs Germany [2 - 3] by DrKitaun(m): 12:48am On Jul 11, 2010
This pro-Ghana racial card has been overplayed already . . .Fabiano handled d ball twice before scoring against d Ivoriens, the heavens havent fallen since, what gives ?
Re: WC Third Place: Uruguay Vs Germany [2 - 3] by Redman44(m): 12:50am On Jul 11, 2010
Well, I'm happy that Germany defeated Uruguay to clinch the third place position. However, this German Squad is a team of the future.  Germany will do well in coming FIFA and UEFA tournaments. I'm a huge fan of Ozil, Khedira and Thomas Mueller.  I can't wait to see this German Squad in action again. Cheers.

www.vibes-extra..com
Re: WC Third Place: Uruguay Vs Germany [2 - 3] by asofejo(m): 1:06am On Jul 11, 2010
Dr Kitaun:

This pro-Ghana racial card has been overplayed already . . .Fabiano handled d ball twice before scoring against d Ivoriens, the heavens havent fallen since, what gives ?
God bless you for pointing out fabiano's incident against the ivoriens, they should have shot suarez with AK-47 rather than booing him, some fans are just dumb and crazy
Re: WC Third Place: Uruguay Vs Germany [2 - 3] by davidif: 2:05am On Jul 11, 2010
[size=18pt]DIEGO FORLAN FOR WORLD FOOTBALLER OF THE YEAR. THIS GUY WAS JUST SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GOOD THIS TOURNAMENT. I HAVEN'T SEEN A PLAYER CARRY HIS ENTIRE COUNTRY ON HIS BACK IN MORDERN DAY FOOTBALL SO WELL BEFORE, ITS SO SAD HE IS GOING HOME WITH NOTHING. [/size]
Re: WC Third Place: Uruguay Vs Germany [2 - 3] by ice234: 2:32am On Jul 11, 2010
octopus at work
Re: WC Third Place: Uruguay Vs Germany [2 - 3] by 9jafreak: 4:18am On Jul 11, 2010
DIEGO FORLAN

is

the

player of the tournament
Re: WC Third Place: Uruguay Vs Germany [2 - 3] by dayokanu(m): 8:27am On Jul 11, 2010
I think DIego Forlan deserves to win the Golden ball ahead of Villa, Sneijder, Robben Schweinsteiger and others
Re: WC Third Place: Uruguay Vs Germany [2 - 3] by jesus3: 11:35am On Jul 11, 2010
What about vidic handball in serbia vs Germany group match?
Re: WC Third Place: Uruguay Vs Germany [2 - 3] by RuuDie(m): 12:47pm On Jul 11, 2010
Glad 2 see that peeps are actually recognizing Diego Forlan. . . . it'd be great if FIFA/slash the organizers of WC 2010 just borke tradition and gave the MVP award to the most deserving individual, one the fans have unanimously singled out even if they don't particularly adore that team & not just one who's team has made the final and won.
Almost everything Forlan did was to perfection. . . how fitting it'd have been if that last minute freekick had gone. No other deserved to extend the entertainment we saw last than him!

I think FIFA should now consider outstanding performers from the last 4 teams for MVP instead of just the finalists.
Re: WC Third Place: Uruguay Vs Germany [2 - 3] by RuuDie(m): 12:53pm On Jul 11, 2010
All the anti-suarez activists. . . . abeg!   angry angry angry    typical of naija, looking 4 whom to blame rather than searching inwards

Why don't u just vent your spleen on the real villain - Asamoah Gyan!

& if that ain't enuf, i can muster up 2 more - & they're all fc.uking ghanaians. . . . so stop sweating suarez & uruguay!
Re: WC Third Place: Uruguay Vs Germany [2 - 3] by DrKitaun(m): 4:53pm On Jul 11, 2010
Ruudie

bless u bro, nice couple of posts there . . .
Re: WC Third Place: Uruguay Vs Germany [2 - 3] by Sauron1: 4:56pm On Jul 11, 2010
dayokanu:

I think DIego Forlan deserves to win the Golden ball ahead of Villa, Sneijder, Robben Schweinsteiger and others

No player deserves it more than Sneijder and Villa.
Robben hasn't played enough games to even be in the nominees and Schweinidiot is a gutless apprentice.

Diego has done well in this tourney but then his team has lost 2 games on a spin now.
The real contenders are Sneijder and Villa regardless of how they play tonight.
Re: WC Third Place: Uruguay Vs Germany [2 - 3] by daniellle(f): 5:28pm On Jul 11, 2010
Re: WC Third Place: Uruguay Vs Germany [2 - 3] by RuuDie(m): 5:36pm On Jul 11, 2010
@ Sauron,

Thats where the problem lies. . . . Winning or losing should not take precedence over an individual's performance. Muller or Swans**teiger migh have been on the winning side but it didn't mean they played better than Forlan, Suarez, Perez or Fucile.

Forlan has been far better than Sneijder in my own reckoning - for me, its a straight fight between Forlan & Villa for MVP.
Re: WC Third Place: Uruguay Vs Germany [2 - 3] by Sauron1: 5:43pm On Jul 11, 2010
RuuDie:

@ Sauron,

Thats where the problem lies. . . . Winning or losing should not take precedence over an individual's performance. Muller or Swans**teiger migh have been on the winning side but it didn't mean they played better than Forlan, Suarez, Perez or Fucile.

Forlan has been far better than Sneijder in my own reckoning - for me, its a straight fight between Forlan & Villa for MVP.

Sneijder has been better than the two of them. . . .
It simply means you have not been paying attention to Holland's matches i must presume. . . .

Sneijder has been the heart n soul of the Dutch side. . . . .He creates, he finishes.
Did you see the 50 yard pass he threaded to assist Arjen Robben's first goal in this mundial? Only Scholes coulda done such.

Wesley has been the best player in this tournament. . . .and his side is yet to lose/draw a game in the competition.
I believe that alone puts Sniejder head n shoulders above the other players. Who scores 5 goals in 6 matches from the central midfield?
Re: WC Third Place: Uruguay Vs Germany [2 - 3] by AjanleKoko: 2:00am On Jul 12, 2010
^^
Sorry man.
FIFA obviously thought different. Forlan won it. Sneijder is having squid instead.
Re: WC Third Place: Uruguay Vs Germany [2 - 3] by dayokanu(m): 2:25am On Jul 12, 2010
FORLAN wins it, Justice at last
Re: WC Third Place: Uruguay Vs Germany [2 - 3] by RuuDie(m): 9:10am On Jul 12, 2010
~Sauron~:

Sneijder has been better than the two of them. . . .
It simply means you have not been paying attention to Holland's matches i must presume. . . .

Sneijder has been the heart n soul of the Dutch side. . . . .He creates, he finishes.
Did you see the 50 yard pass he threaded to assist Arjen Robben's first goal in this mundial? Only Scholes coulda done such.

Wesley has been the best player in this tournament. . . .and his side is yet to lose/draw a game in the competition.
I believe that alone puts Sniejder head n shoulders above the other players. Who scores 5 goals in 6 matches from the central midfield?

In the country of the blind, na 1 eye man go lead. . . .
the dutch, all thru, were far from spectacular - just a shade above average IMHO. The standard of play exhibited by Uruguay was way above that of the dutch never mind that 1 ended up in the finals and the other in 3rd place play-off; and Forlan's role in this cannot be emphasized any more than was visible.

If we had to do a catalog of memorable Forlan WC moments, we'd make a best-seller DVD.

Yet again. . . . your reference to wins/losses - it doesn't necessarily equate to a certain individual's performance!
Re: WC Third Place: Uruguay Vs Germany [2 - 3] by Sauron1: 10:40am On Jul 12, 2010
RuuDie:

In the country of the blind, na 1 eye man go lead. . . .
the dutch, all thru, were far from spectacular - just a shade above average IMHO. The standard of play exhibited by Uruguay was way above that of the dutch never mind that 1 ended up in the finals and the other in 3rd place play-off; and Forlan's role in this cannot be emphasized any more than was visible.

If we had to do a catalog of memorable Forlan WC moments, we'd make a best-seller DVD.

Yet again. . . . your reference to wins/losses - it doesn't necessarily equate to a certain individual's performance!

Sneijder was horrible last night, i admit.
Their useless manager brought shame to Holland when the good name of Dutch football was besmirched by a display of thuggery!!
I think the events on the pitch last night woulda convinced analysts to vote Diego Forlan as the golden ball winner.
Re: WC Third Place: Uruguay Vs Germany [2 - 3] by AjanleKoko: 1:55pm On Jul 12, 2010
It's interesting sha.

Jose Mourinho is arguably the most pivotal personality in the modern game.
His philosophy has totally changed the way teams approach competitions; far more Machiavellian than cavalier. Kudos to the guy. He is truly the coach to end all coaches.

I expect a good-vs-evil, light-vs-darkness all out battle in La Liga next season, between Pep and Jose. Real blockbuster action comic stuff grin
Re: WC Third Place: Uruguay Vs Germany [2 - 3] by Sauron1: 2:20pm On Jul 12, 2010
AjanleKoko:

It's interesting sha.

Jose Mourinho is arguably the most pivotal personality in the modern game.
His philosophy has totally changed the way teams approach competitions; far more Machiavellian than cavalier. Kudos to the guy. He is truly the coach to end all coaches.

I expect a good-vs-evil, light-vs-darkness all out battle in La Liga next season, between Pep and Jose. Real blockbuster action comic stuff grin

Negative football has existed long before Mourinho became a manager.
Na people like una dey bring out hypotheses that are untrue. . . . .So Mourinho was the first to stifle his opponents by boring them to death?

Did you watch Arsenal vs Man Utd(FA Cup final 2005)?
Arsenal vs Liverpool(FA Cup final 2001)?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Stephen Keshi's Confession On USA 94 / Anthony Joshua's Mother Yeta Odusanya Brings His Son To See Him After Babysittin / World's Most Entertaining Football Team

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.