Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,559 members, 7,812,815 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:47 PM

Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia - Travel (69) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia (123906 Views)

Video Of Stranded Nigerians, Africans At Ukraine/Poland Border / American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread / Toni Iwobi: I Will Deport Nigerians, Africans Without Papers In Italy" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia by haybhi1(m): 9:34pm On Jul 07, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

Dude why you wan leave tinubu na grin grin grin. I thought he's the best man for naija

Lol, baba, no whine me jare. I don tire. We both can see it's looking hapless for Africans, youths especially. Looking around na, glories bleaking everywhere and it's only survival here, no living, just existence and it's worsening. Here, people still burn someone alive for abusing the prophet (SAW), people still defend a young girl falsifying exam result, people still collect money at bus stops for doing nothing but just looking like touts. No true sense of self, just adapting and suffering and hunger and xenophobia and enslavement and greed and satisfactory ignorance and complacency and superstition and evil and all that.

I know it's not like overseas are flawless o, with racism and all but it's difficult to imagine any human deserves this our society. I hate that my japa options are highly under the threshold, I swear...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia by tensazangetsu20(m): 9:48pm On Jul 07, 2023
haybhi1:

Lol, baba, no whine me jare. I don tire. We both can see it's looking hapless for Africans, youths especially. Looking around na, glories bleaking everywhere and it's only survival here, no living, just existence and it's worsening. Here, people still burn someone alive for abusing the prophet (SAW), people still defend a young girl falsifying exam result, people still collect money at bus stops for doing nothing but just looking like touts. No true sense of self, just adapting and suffering and hunger and xenophobia and enslavement and greed and satisfactory ignorance and complacency and superstition and evil and all that.

I know it's not like overseas are flawless o, with racism and all but it's difficult to imagine any human deserves this our society. I hate that my japa options are highly under the threshold, I swear...

Truth. Life isn't easy anywhere but it's better to hustle in a place that you will see results. You fit dey naija go better before you know am you don knack 50. I know what some of my mates who went abroad have achieved. A fellow developer who went to Sweden that end sars period has bought a house there. Something that he will never do in Naija. That's just one tiny example.

I will recommend that you look beyond the popular options. That 2.5 million can run you to Brazil. You can check the strength of the Brasilian passport. Stay there 4 years and become a citizen and you can move anywhere else. Cause even Europe if you have the money getting the visa now is very difficult and a lot of their laws are changing too

3 Likes

Re: Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia by haybhi1(m): 10:33pm On Jul 07, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

Truth. Life isn't easy anywhere but it's better to hustle in a place that you will see results. You fit dey naija go better before you know am you don knack 50. I know what some of my mates who went abroad have achieved. A fellow developer who went to Sweden that end sars period has bought a house there. Something that he will never do in Naija. That's just one tiny example.

I will recommend that you look beyond the popular options. That 2.5 million can run you to Brazil. You can check the strength of the Brasilian passport. Stay there 4 years and become a citizen and you can move anywhere else. Cause even Europe if you have the money getting the visa now is very difficult and a lot of their laws are changing too

Thanks, chief. You know I respect you a lot. But what will he do when he gets to Brazil? He no get BSc, only hustling spirit. Although, he learn tiling somehow, he learnt driving too.
Re: Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia by tensazangetsu20(m): 10:35pm On Jul 07, 2023
haybhi1:

Thanks, chief. You know I respect you a lot. But what will he do when he gets to Brazil? He no get BSc, only hustling spirit. Although, he learn tiling somehow, he learnt driving too.

He will go and hustle there too. He should try and learn the language before he goes. At least he's sure of his passport. As he no get degree, which way he wan use enter Europe.

2 Likes

Re: Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia by haybhi1(m): 10:42pm On Jul 07, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

He will go and hustle there too. He should try and learn the language before he goes. At least he's sure of his passport. As he no get degree, which way he wan use enter Europe.
Since that day, I don force am download Duolingo, make him dey sample Spanish and German dey go first before he go arrive one wey flow pass.

Even me, I don dey learn German small small... but I believe say na Spanish I need pass because I go like achieve that American dream. Once I collect this parli finish laidis, wey I for don collect if no be ASUU shege, anything wey go take me America na him I dey fain. And heaven knows Tinubu administration dey strangle me...
Re: Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia by yungchop: 10:43pm On Jul 07, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

But shey all these factory and block industry jobs dey there?
Re: Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia by tensazangetsu20(m): 10:43pm On Jul 07, 2023
haybhi1:

Since that day, I don force am download Duolingo, make him dey sample Spanish and German dey go first before he go arrive one wey flow pass.

Even me, I don dey learn German small small... but I believe say na Spanish I need pass because I go like achieve that American dream. Once I collect this parli finish laidis, wey I for don collect if no be ASUU shege, anything wey go take me America na him I dey fain. And heaven knows Tinubu administration dey strangle me...

Brazil speaks Portuguese sha not Spanish.

1 Like

Re: Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia by tensazangetsu20(m): 10:45pm On Jul 07, 2023
yungchop:

But shey all these factory and block industry jobs dey there?

Lol brazil is a highly industrialized economy na. The only problem will be language barrier.
Re: Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia by yungchop: 10:52pm On Jul 07, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

Lol brazil is a highly industrialized economy na. The only problem will be language barrier.

That won't be a problem, I came to Mauritania without an idea of how to say even Hello in French or Arabic. But somehow as a Nigerian hustler I'm surviving and living well. Though I have a degree and HSE level 1-3 certifications but menial jobs has fed me more than these certificates.

I feel I'm gathering money slowly and I need to move further to a place where I can make more to cover up for my family expenses and still have a reasonable amount to save monthly and most importantly the passport you talked about, are you serious about me becoming a citizen in just 4 years?

Again, by any chance do you have an idea of sites where I can apply for jobs with my degree? And no no no, don't tell me indeed naukrigulf and the likes.. I'm fed up.

1 Like

Re: Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia by tensazangetsu20(m): 10:56pm On Jul 07, 2023
yungchop:

That won't be a problem, I came to Mauritania without an idea of how to say even Hello in French or Arabic. But somehow as a Nigerian hustler I'm surviving and living well. Though I have a degree and HSE level 1-3 certifications but menial jobs has fed me more than these certificates.

I feel I'm gathering money slowly and I need to move further to a place where I can make more to cover up for my family expenses and still have a reasonable amount to save monthly and most importantly the passport you talked about, are you serious about me becoming a citizen in just 4 years?

Again, by any chance do you have an idea of sites where I can apply for jobs with my degree? And no no no, don't tell me indeed naukrigulf and the likes.. I'm fed up.

Yes you can get the Brazilian passport in 4 to 5 years. You can get it in two years If you travel to Brazil for childbirth. I know there are jobs in Brazil cause when I looked on linkedin through the total number of job openings they had around 500000. Indeed brought in over 2 million. Nigeria had just 5000 and we are the same population as they are. Brazil is very high industrialized and it's amongst the top 10 economies in the world. It was my top choice but I need access to the US so I changed my plans to go to Chile but Brazil is a very good country too.

3 Likes

Re: Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia by yungchop: 10:57pm On Jul 07, 2023
haybhi1:

Boss I want to contribute to your last paragraph. Overseas is not flawless o but mehn the peace of mind that comes with escaping Nigeria is second to none. I mean, even the most basic things arebbecoming luxuries. Where I am now, I just need to work for two days to pay my rent, feeding? I throw food away almost all the times, light? Security? Internet?? Let's just get off it. Nigeria has failed us.
Re: Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia by yungchop: 10:59pm On Jul 07, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

Yes you can get the Brazilian passport in 4 to 5 years. You can get it in two years If you travel to Brazil for childbirth. I know there are jobs in Brazil cause when I looked on linkedin through the total number of job openings they had around 500000. Indeed brought in over 2 million. Nigeria had just 5000 and we are the same population as they are. Brazil is very high industrialized and it's amongst the top 10 economies in the world. It was my top choice but I need access to the US so I changed my plans to go to Chile but Brazil is a very good country too.

So in short, I need about 3m to land in Brazil without any issues? And on what Visa?

1 Like

Re: Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia by tensazangetsu20(m): 11:05pm On Jul 07, 2023
yungchop:

So in short, I need about 3m to land in Brazil without any issues? And on what Visa?

I will advise you go through the study route. Aside giving birth that's the other sure way to secure your stay. Brazilian schools don't charge tuition fees at all so you don't need to pay that. You only need to run proof of funds and pay for flight ticket. I don't know if you have a degree but if you don't try and find vocational schools and use that as a means to enter. In Brazil you can get PR after your graduate and don't need an employer to file anything for you.

3 Likes

Re: Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia by yungchop: 11:18pm On Jul 07, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

I will advise you go through the study route. Aside giving birth that's the other sure way to secure your stay. Brazilian schools don't charge tuition fees at all so you don't need to pay that. You only need to run proof of funds and pay for flight ticket. I don't know if you have a degree but if you don't try and find vocational schools and use that as a means to enter. In Brazil you can get PR after your graduate and don't need an employer to file anything for you.

I'll check the study route out. I have a degree and a few professional certifications. The most important thing is that I want to be able to work while study. Do you know if I can get Master's degree taught in English?

1 Like

Re: Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia by pansophist(m): 11:18pm On Jul 07, 2023
Puntingnoob:
Can you recommend any philosophical books ? Tried reading the annalects of confucious. Didn't understand shit about it. Same thing with mediations. I always have trouble reflecting.

In the annalects, Confucious said its not enough to study you must reflect on it. any tips??

The part you don't understand. google it. If you have an understanding problem with some passage, other people probably have the same problem. If you dump books because you don't understand them, you won't expand your knowledge.

Also, don't read a book from a perspective of understanding only, but also to forge your own intellectual path. For example, Nietzche deviated from Schopenhauer's pessimism with optimism.

So if Schopenhauer says that life is meaningless, and all your suffering in this life is for nothing, Nietzche will say that finding meaning in life is what makes it worth living. Both agree on the basis of suffering in life but took different outcomes in tackling it.

I also do not understand lots of books after reading them, but I will go back and forth again and again, think and Google, research, and think again until I get it. For example, it took me good six months before I understood the book ¨beyond good and evil¨.

Okay let us do it together. Paste what you do not understand here, lets tackle it.

8 Likes

Re: Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia by pansophist(m): 11:22pm On Jul 07, 2023
dgee1:
Hello bro, been following here for a while now. Thanks for this great info and motivation. So one would have to wait till January next year before starting the process? sad

Yes, na once a year things mostly.

3 Likes

Re: Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia by tensazangetsu20(m): 11:25pm On Jul 07, 2023
yungchop:

I'll check the study route out. I have a degree and a few professional certifications. The most important thing is that I want to be able to work while study. Do you know if I can get Master's degree taught in English?

There are a very few masters taught in English. You would need to search and mail schools but they won't be yanfu yanfu like in Europe. Someone on the Brazilian thread got a fully funded option there and his studies was in English
Re: Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia by yungchop: 11:28pm On Jul 07, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

There are a very few masters taught in English. You would need to search and mail schools but they won't be yanfu yanfu like in Europe. Someone on the Brazilian thread got a fully funded option there and his studies was in English
I never knew there's a thread for it, it you're chanced can you please post the link?
Re: Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia by dgee1(m): 11:30pm On Jul 07, 2023
OK, thanks so much.
pansophist:

Yes, na once a year things mostly.
Re: Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia by tensazangetsu20(m): 11:31pm On Jul 07, 2023
yungchop:

I never knew there's a thread for it, it you're chanced can you please post the link?

It was on the giving birth thread. A few people went through student route and they got English taught programs
Re: Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia by OSDD(m): 11:48pm On Jul 07, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

Omo... you have link to the thread?
Re: Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia by oyetpel(m): 4:20am On Jul 08, 2023
Wow, good to see this thread revived.
Just about time I want to start abroad journey all over again after being denied by US twice 10 years ago.
My issue is capital now, may God help me.
Re: Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia by oyetpel(m): 4:39am On Jul 08, 2023
I need help, I don't even know where to start plus age is not on my side again (27-34yrs).
With the amount of money I raised so far, I think my focus is on European countries.
I have been hearing of Austria and Malta low tuition school fees.
Hopefully when I get some blockchain airdrops, my capital will increase and I can start applying to schools for 2024 intakes.
I graduated last year with 2.2 in B.Sc Chemistry.

@pansophist please I need your help and guidance.

1 Like

Re: Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia by Puntingnoob: 10:54am On Jul 08, 2023
pansophist:

The part you don't understand. google it. If you have an understanding problem with some passage, other people probably have the same problem. If you dump books because you don't understand them, you won't expand your knowledge.

Also, don't read a book from a perspective of understanding only, but also to forge your own intellectual path. For example, Nietzche deviated from Schopenhauer's pessimism with optimism.

So if Schopenhauer says that life is meaningless, and all your suffering in this life is for nothing, Nietzche will say that finding meaning in life is what makes it worth living. Both agree on the basis of suffering in life but took different outcomes in tackling it.

I also do not understand lots of books after reading them, but I will go back and forth again and again, think and Google, research, and think again until I get it. For example, it took me good six months before I understood the book ¨beyond good and evil¨.

Okay let us do it together. Paste what you do not understand here, lets tackle it.
Thanks. Would do that
Re: Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia by batteryempty(m): 8:38am On Jul 12, 2023
Hello everyone! 👋 I wanted to share a quick note about an important survey being conducted by our company KIKI'S Home Box. We provide home essentials to people moving into Finland in pre-made kits that can be delivered to their doorstep when they arrive.

We are currently running a survey to gather valuable insights from you, and I would greatly appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Your feedback is crucial to us!

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdurQZyZG8SqUmnwo0iafU0l5tct7t_-MygehNN4ExPRvYdoQ/viewform?usp=sf_link

Also, I kindly request the group admins to review the post and, if it violates any group policies or if you feel it's not appropriate, please feel free to remove it. We respect the guidelines set by the community and want to ensure a positive and valuable experience for everyone.

Thank you in advance for your participation, and please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any questions or need further information. info@kikishomebox.com
Re: Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia by biggal: 4:32pm On Jul 28, 2023
The way I dey follow youeee. Just know that you are admired for your selfless service. I believe soon we will meet over there

pansophist:

Yes, you can. That's a very good amount.

From the second week of January next year, all schools will open for September 2024 admission intake, apply to the cheapest schools. If that time reaches, mention me, and let's walk through the process here.

Lots of schools offer a 50 percent tuition discount for students that pay on time, so you might end up paying about 4k euros in tuition, even better if you get a scholarship, which they easily give out.

Alternatively, countries like Latvia, Estonia, and Lithuania are sure bankers. Tuition fees for bachelor programs are below 3k euros, and a maximum of 4k for masters, but mostly lower.

The only downside with the baltic countries is that they do not have an embassy in Nigeria, and you may need to travel to Egypt for it, but if you can make that trip, you will get your visa. They hardly deny if your application is legit.

The only thing that makes your 10M naira small is school fees, nothing else. For food and accommodation, you can always survive if you are willing to start working the next day after arriving.

All in all, I repeat, don't waste time. In your japa journey, your enemy is not money, it's time. in a year's time, it may be 1usd to 1k naira, which depresses the 10M naira you have now.

I have receipts merely five years ago when I sent money to Nigeria, and comparing the exchange rate then and now just breaks my heart. It's advantageous for us outside, but if you are inside, it's hell.

Ten years ago, folks with less than a million naira can japa to Europe, now, you will be lucky to see flights in that amount.

Re: Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia by biggal: 4:34pm On Jul 28, 2023
Please how do you mean by blockchain airdrop. Educate us biko

oyetpel:
I need help, I don't even know where to start plus age is not on my side again (27-34yrs).
With the amount of money I raised so far, I think my focus is on European countries.
Hopefully when I get some blockchain airdrops, my capital will increase and I can start applying to schools for 2024 intakes.

Re: Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia by pansophist(m): 9:53pm On Jul 28, 2023
biggal:

The way I dey follow youeee. Just know that you are admired for your selfless service. I believe soon we will meet over there

Na wetin make life meaningful be that. Selflessness. I don help lots of people for this forum migrate legitly, and them no pay me one naira.

In many cases, people just need legit information. With legit info, you won't even spend much.

One even just got her visa two weeks ago, after agents wan use her destiny play gamble.
Just mention me, as far na Europe, I go fit advise.

8 Likes

Re: Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia by oyetpel(m): 5:59am On Jul 29, 2023
biggal:

Please how do you mean by blockchain airdrop. Educate us biko

Crypto airdrops.

Search zksync airdrop, layerzero airdrop, starknet airdrop.
Search them on Google, twitter, youtube.
Re: Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia by studyindenmark: 7:21am On Jul 29, 2023
The chance to broaden one's view on the world is one of the most important benefits of studying abroad . Students get the opportunity to firsthand experience various cultures, customs, and traditions by immersing themselves in a new setting. People can question their preconceptions and broaden their view of the world by being exposed to unexpected ideas and ways of living.
Re: Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia by studyindenmark: 7:22am On Jul 29, 2023
Studying abroad in Denmark can be a transformative experience for students seeking a high-quality education and cultural immersion. Denmark is known for its excellent education system, innovative teaching methods, and emphasis on creativity and critical thinking
Re: Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia by Nobody: 7:59am On Jul 29, 2023
oyetpel:

I don't know where you guys get this thought about age You think in abroad they care about age like Nigeria? You better start planning to travel and forget that talk about age.

(1) (2) (3) ... (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (Reply)

Pictures Of Dana Air Crash Victims / 44 Countries You Can Travel To With No Visa From Nigeria. / Adventures Of A UK Bound Nurse

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.