Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,903 members, 7,810,471 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:43 AM

Why Do Pentecostals Say Catholics Will Go To Hell? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Pentecostals Say Catholics Will Go To Hell? (823 Views)

Nigerian Pentecostals Believe That A Pastor Must Have A Spiritual Father / Pentecostals Bash Catholics Yet They Celebrate Valentine The Most / Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Pentecostals Say Catholics Will Go To Hell? by winner007: 1:31pm On Sep 30, 2018
What is the correct response to Pentecostals who Say Catholics will go to Hell?

I was praying my Rosary this morning (yes I do that) when I was led to ponder on this and I received a good response.

The Catholic Church is an almost 2000 year old church having been founded in the Year A.D 33 by our Lord Jesus Christ.

In Matthew 16:18, Jesus says to Saint Peter in front of other Apostles:

"And I tell you, you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the powers of death shall not prevail against it."

Catholic to all those who aren't aware, means "Universal". Jesus founded the Universal Church. Those who call the Catholic Church the "Holy Roman Catholic Church" are wrong. It was only adopted as a state Religion by the Roman Empire in 313 A.D, after centuries of persecution. Hence, the Catholic Church existed long before it was imbibed by the Romans.

Now that we know how old the Catholic Church itself is, let us talk about its leadership. It's leadership consisted of
1. Jesus Christ
2. Peter, Paul, Timothy, John, Mark, Luke, Stephen, Matthew, Philip and generally all the 11 Apostles (except Judas).
3. Mary - mother of Jesus, Mary Magdalena, and generally all those early followers of Jesus.

By the arguments that Catholics go to hell (lol to that by the way), all the above mentioned people went to hell.

Protestants didn't come to the scene until the 1700s. Therefore if Catholics go to hell, all Christians for 1700 years went to hell?
Protestants didn't gain much footing except in England until well into the 1900s. So did the majority of Christians for almost 2000 years go to hell?

That's how silly the argument is that Catholics go to hell.

Further reading:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_Catholic_Church

Re: Why Do Pentecostals Say Catholics Will Go To Hell? by Yambee: 1:32pm On Sep 30, 2018
The Catholic Church is a cult.

They do not pray to God directly,as they prefer going through idolatry and other stuff.

The Catholic will soon go into the books of records,at the rate their priests are abusing people there sexually. In the US alone, there are thousands of cases already in 2018, that the Catholic has paid Millions going into Billions, in settlement to pay tjose were sexually abused by Catholic priests.

We have not started counting other countries,mostly western countries, that have thousands of cases of Catholics priests abusing young girls and boys sexually. It is only in Africa we have not heard,and I know it happens too,but they settle quietly.

If you have children,and attend the Catholic church. There is a 99.8% chance that your child will be molested by the priests.

People should boycott the church. The church is a breeding ground for pedophiles.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Pentecostals Say Catholics Will Go To Hell? by MrPRevailer(m): 1:37pm On Sep 30, 2018
My Cousin is a Bible believer and he refused to believe that Catholics reverence Mary as Mother of God. He said he thought it's only Mother of Jesus they say
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Say Catholics Will Go To Hell? by Nobody: 1:38pm On Sep 30, 2018
Am a Pentecostal, I don't judge or hate catholic all I want to say is that you can not cast devil out by holy Mary symbol, she was just like me and you on earth although she was bless and Lucky to have gave birth to Jesus that it , so for me I don't think Catholic is doing the right thing.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Pentecostals Say Catholics Will Go To Hell? by Yambee: 1:41pm On Sep 30, 2018
Lalasticlala Dominique Seun Mynd44
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Say Catholics Will Go To Hell? by Mangreat034(m): 3:35pm On Sep 30, 2018
So no pastor for house because i came to read arguements and lies
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Say Catholics Will Go To Hell? by xproducer: 7:09pm On Sep 30, 2018
The key is not about confidence in any particular earthly church, pastor, or denomination, but rather in Jesus Christ the Lord alone and having a personal relationship with Him - only by His grace and His work in offering Himself as a replacement for we all who were born in sin; His work in drawing us to Him and cleansing us spiritually.

"Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God." - John 3:3

... and only GOD Himself, the Father of Spirits (Hebrews 12:9), can re-birth a person's spirit into life, into His righteousness; because of the work of the Lord Jesus Christ.

"But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God." - John 1:12-13

Let us then continue to read the infallible word of God, the Holy Bible, and pray without ceasing (1 Thessalonians 5:17); working out our own salvation with fear and trembling (Philippians 2:12)

"So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God." - Romans 10:17
Re: Why Do Pentecostals Say Catholics Will Go To Hell? by Nobody: 8:17pm On Sep 30, 2018
xproducer:
The key is not about confidence in any particular earthly church, pastor, or denomination, but rather in Jesus Christ the Lord alone and having a personal relationship with Him - only by His grace and His work in offering Himself as a replacement for we all who were born in sin; His work in drawing us to Him and cleansing us spiritually.

"Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God." - John 3:3

... and only GOD Himself, the Father of Spirits (Hebrews 12:9), can re-birth a person's spirit into life, into His righteousness; because of the work of the Lord Jesus Christ.

"But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God." - John 1:12-13

Let us then continue to read the infallible word of God, the Holy Bible, and pray without ceasing (1 Thessalonians 5:17); working out our own salvation with fear and trembling (Philippians 2:12)

"So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God." - Romans 10:17
correct!
religion or church does not save but only Jesus does.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Pentecostals Say Catholics Will Go To Hell? by Primesky(m): 8:49pm On Sep 30, 2018
Most of the practices of Catholics are against clear bible principles. Doing such things is acting against God's commandment.

Why bow down to a molded sculptor of Mary and Jesus Christ, when God clearly warned against that?.

Why pray through an agents, when we already have an high priest in Jesus Christ?. By doing so, are you not saying in essence that Jesus doesn't care?.

Catholics and Catholicism have a form of godliness but dispise the power thereof. How do Catholics respond to the Holy Spirit?.

Today, the Pope has become what Peter in the bible was not. A god, unquestionable and unmistakable. Who said so, Apostle Paul openly rebuked Peter in their time, but here, the Pope is Lord. There's is a big deception in Catholicism. I mean no offence to Catholics, but the truth most be said.

(1) (Reply)

Seeds Of Destiny By Dr. Paul Enenche / I Predicted Donald Trump Impeachment Based On Bible Prophecy. / Prophet Odumeje Turns Rapper As He Speaks In Tongue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.