Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,448 members, 7,816,036 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:12 AM

Need Advice Dealing With A Delinquent Sibling - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Need Advice Dealing With A Delinquent Sibling (640 Views)

Why I Chose To Distance Myself From A Sibling / Selfish Sibling Willing To Do Anything To Solely Inherit / My Wife Is A Cheat. I Need Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Need Advice Dealing With A Delinquent Sibling by bigsmoke2(m): 2:31pm On Sep 30, 2018
A friend of mine called me for advice. He recently found out one of his siblings who is a 300l student of unilorin smokes weed. His dad is late and his mum is not particularly equipped to handle such issues cuz she has her own vices . The boy in question is generally a good kid just probably peer pressure. But he fears reprimanding him may further alienate him and he might be involved in some deeper stuff. House how does one approach such a thing.
Re: Need Advice Dealing With A Delinquent Sibling by Hardrive(m): 2:43pm On Sep 30, 2018
He will come out of it himself. If not, you have to leave him alone. That is his own way of taking his mind off his problems. So long as he is not causing problems for anyone.
Re: Need Advice Dealing With A Delinquent Sibling by Nobody: 3:26pm On Sep 30, 2018
Hardrive:
He will come out of it himself. If not, you have to leave him alone. That is his own way of taking his mind off his problems. So long as he is not causing problems for anyone.
The way people give advice on NL baffles me.

you don't know the child in person. you don't know the kind of family he is from. you don't know the kind of friends he keeps. Infact asides what op has said you know nothing about the young man but in your wisdom you have concluded that he is doing it to take his mind off problems? you don't even know whether he has joined a gang that causes problems for others.

op I think you should sit him down calmly, in a cool environment and find out why he is into it. you know him best more than anyone on NL so the bottom line for me is find out why then try to discourage him if he's not involved in other more dangerous activities already...

this is just a general piece of advice. hopefully other opinions will com and you can pick what best suits the circumstances
Re: Need Advice Dealing With A Delinquent Sibling by yvelchstores(f): 5:00pm On Sep 30, 2018
What will he do? His brother has decided this is D path he wants, will he kill himself for D weed smoking brother?
He can talk to him, if he refuse to stop toh! What again?
Re: Need Advice Dealing With A Delinquent Sibling by LewsTherin: 5:16pm On Sep 30, 2018
Had a cousin in my university days. Looked like he was on a fast track to join a cult. One day I called him and asked him to list the pros and cons of cultism. I said if he gets more pros than cons on his list, I won't interfere with him if he joins.

He never joined. Even after I graduated 2 years before him.

You could try that.
Re: Need Advice Dealing With A Delinquent Sibling by Chikabel: 2:39pm On Oct 01, 2018
Get evidence of the weed by barging in on him if he smokes at home or wherever, correct info and timing is the key. Carry your money put am for police cell for 2days, go back and bail him out afterwards. Dazzol! He will advise himself by himself.
Re: Need Advice Dealing With A Delinquent Sibling by frozen70(f): 3:13pm On Oct 01, 2018
Once you can catch him or get a prove of him smoking

He can't deny it there, at that moment what he needs is councilling where he will be told about the dangers of drugs abuse

After that put an Eagle eye on him
If he continues

Live him to suffer the implications

(1) (Reply)

Childless & Neglected…all I Wanted To Be Was A Good Wife-pt 1 / 20 Things Wives Hate Hearing Their Husbands Say / Sex During Pregnancy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.