Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,035 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:09 AM

Tinubu Releases Lagos Governorship Primary Statement After Ambode's Brickbats - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Releases Lagos Governorship Primary Statement After Ambode's Brickbats (104004 Views)

Nigeria's First Lady, Oluremi Tinubu Releases Official Portrait / Tinubu Releases New Photo To Show He's Still Young, Agile And Capable / Tinubu Releases Special Message To APC Members On 2019 Elections (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu Releases Lagos Governorship Primary Statement After Ambode's Brickbats by TonyeBarcanista(m): 7:16pm On Sep 30, 2018
duality:

Who will be the next governor of Lagos in your opinion.
Jide Sanwo-olu

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Releases Lagos Governorship Primary Statement After Ambode's Brickbats by kokomilala(m): 7:17pm On Sep 30, 2018
one of the misfortunes of history .The likes of him should never have got close to power.He's a narcissist of the purest form.What he feeds on is power.But,history and the Word of God teach that the end of mirth is not nice.His hegemony will come to an end in a heartbeat.
Re: Tinubu Releases Lagos Governorship Primary Statement After Ambode's Brickbats by duality(m): 7:20pm On Sep 30, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:
Jide Sanwo-olu

I thought you'd have wanted PDP to win...

Ok continue with your work at uyo. You know it's short term.
Re: Tinubu Releases Lagos Governorship Primary Statement After Ambode's Brickbats by miqos02(m): 7:27pm On Sep 30, 2018
fergie001:

What was the structure of T.A.Orji of Abia state?

Ohakim of Imo state nko?

Don't underestimate anybody on that seat...the power is crazy and intoxicates...
he was aided by orji uzor kalu, remember he was in prison during the election.
Re: Tinubu Releases Lagos Governorship Primary Statement After Ambode's Brickbats by gr8child(m): 7:28pm On Sep 30, 2018
desmond2pk:
The same things he said about ambode 4 years ago.

Exactly.
Re: Tinubu Releases Lagos Governorship Primary Statement After Ambode's Brickbats by miqos02(m): 7:30pm On Sep 30, 2018
adedehinbo:
what people don't know abt APC governorship primaries is that its two ways solutions for APC and both I don't think its anyway going to favor the wailers and PDP,he ambode isn't facing opposition from only tinubu but most APC machineries both local and high level,its best advised for ambo to endorse the party will,any attempt to defect should he loose primaries will result to his end politically, no way he will defect and won't be impeached,base on he fact that most if not all lawmakers and house of assemblies members are all APC foot soldiers,ambo was power drunk forgotten that time like this will come,lagosians are not fools and not sheep's,the legacy of tinubu in Lagos state is what has paved way for developments in the state and also rendered him godfatherism,that's why he is given a free hand,if ambo who enjoyed from this legacy thinks he could rise and fight the hands that fed him,he is surely gonna be a loser
stop this impeachment threat pls, it won't work
Re: Tinubu Releases Lagos Governorship Primary Statement After Ambode's Brickbats by positivethought: 7:31pm On Sep 30, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:

Let's see how he will win. You forget that the membership register are in the hands of Ward Chairman and these ward chairmen are against Ambo openly. We'll see whether he will manufacture his own register and voters from my village grin

NB: Tinubu has told Ambo to go and test his popularity but the dude has this defeatist mentality. He can't DEFEAT Jagaban in Lagos!!!
Means you clearly are in support of this kind of electoral fraud just for selfish gains!,if this If this is not corruption then what is it?.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Releases Lagos Governorship Primary Statement After Ambode's Brickbats by fergie001: 7:33pm On Sep 30, 2018
miqos02:
he was aided by orji uzor kalu, remember he was in prison during the election.
and Ohakim?
Or Peter Obi?

It's a calculated risk bro,you might attack and lose....can still do same and win......so naive wise choice be the koko
Re: Tinubu Releases Lagos Governorship Primary Statement After Ambode's Brickbats by adaweezy(m): 7:35pm On Sep 30, 2018
Lyoncrescent:
All is well, Please lets not loose sight. Even though i am not for Ambode, let is be known that Tinubu,Ambode and Sanwolu are all doing this for their personal interests and not for the interest of the masses.

As far as the masterplan is concerned, i can give you a good example where Ambode deviated from the Plan. Lamata is supposed to regulate the transport sector including BRT in Lagos while LASG is supposed to build infrastructure. The Ikorodu to TBS BRT corridor for example is regulated by LAMATA and the BRT lane was constructed by the Lagos State Government. A private company named Primero actually runs the airconditioned buses that move from Ikorodu to TBS to Ikorodu everyday. The private company is also responsible for the fueling, maintenance and employing of drivers. As the company is private, it can be adequately regulated by LAMATA.

Mr. Ambode to score points built a fantastic Ikeja Bus Terminal which is good but then went to use lagos state money to acquire the buses instead of letting private sector do the acquisition of buses. Ambode wants to use Lagos state money to buy 5000 buses for the bustops hes constructing. Whats wrong if seun of nairaland has money and wants to apply to buy 2000 buses for a particular route and LAMATA regulates seun ?Now Lagos state will be responsible for fueling the buses and maintenance and other things which will breed corruption. Also, Lagos state will be regulating itself as LAMATA who is the regulator will now be regulating Lagos state buses. Governments are not good in doing business.

May i also remind you guys that the Ikeja Bus terminal and the buses parked there was commissioned around March/April this year. This is almost six months later and my able governor is still building bustops to accommodate the buses he bought six months ago. What a visionary leader.

This is just one aspect under BRT where ambode deviated from what tinubu and fashola started. Imagine if we start going into each of the other sectors. I wish him the best. Clever of Tinubu not to mention ambodes name and sanwolus name in the press release. All the best to APC tomorrow.

Contrast your statement with the Visionscape imitative were investors were brought to invest in Lagos waste's business.
Re: Tinubu Releases Lagos Governorship Primary Statement After Ambode's Brickbats by miqos02(m): 7:38pm On Sep 30, 2018
fergie001:

and Ohakim?
Or Peter Obi?

It's a calculated risk bro,you might attack and lose....can still do same and win......so naive wise choice be the koko
same with ohakim, he decamped to PPA but he had the PDP structure behind him, he decamped to PDP a few months after the election.
Re: Tinubu Releases Lagos Governorship Primary Statement After Ambode's Brickbats by fergie001: 7:39pm On Sep 30, 2018
miqos02:
same with ohakim, he decamped to PPA but he had the PDP structure behind him, he decamped to PDP a few months after the election.
and Peter?

What kind of English did I type at that last line sef
Re: Tinubu Releases Lagos Governorship Primary Statement After Ambode's Brickbats by Amdoyin(m): 7:41pm On Sep 30, 2018
cooldipo:
May the best candidate win!

You will never tell us how self serving you have been by remote controlling the past and present governor of the state.....

Is the blueprint about self preservation or serving the people of the state?

Can we just have a change of party totally and do away with Ambode, Tinubu, Sanwoolu and Co?

Can we create strong institutions and stronger politics than strong personalities

ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY!
maybe PDP Abi?
Re: Tinubu Releases Lagos Governorship Primary Statement After Ambode's Brickbats by Melian(f): 7:42pm On Sep 30, 2018
gaby:
Grammar it all you want...

The beginning and end of the story are that you have found another stooge to plant on Lagosians to guarantee and foster your unfettered access to the state's coffers.

Is it your Lagos? Gaby, mind your business and channel that energy into boosting sales of your book. We're tired of Igbos meddling.
Re: Tinubu Releases Lagos Governorship Primary Statement After Ambode's Brickbats by Lyoncrescent: 7:43pm On Sep 30, 2018
adaweezy:

Contrast your statement with the Visionscape imitative were investors were brought to invest in Lagos waste's business.

In a way the PSP model was made up of Local private Investors. Most of the loading centres fashola constructed for LAWMA were handed over to visionscape. LAWMA and the PSP were functional but not perfect. They used to come once a week, mondays to be specific to pick my dirt and they bring bill and i pay them at the end of the month.Nowadays, my dirt is picked up once in a month . Nothing wrong in making a local investor probably selected from the pool of PSPs to form a consortium from which they can then offer what visionscape is offering. Thats a more organic growth and it would not have disrupted the process that was functional under fashola.

Visionscape however on paper is a good plan, but the change management and the strategy of using foreign investors without giving first refusal to local investors is what led to the issues we have with waste management. Thats my opinion but i am open to yours as i am not an expert in this regards.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Releases Lagos Governorship Primary Statement After Ambode's Brickbats by gaby(m): 7:45pm On Sep 30, 2018
Melian:

Is it your Lagos? Gaby, mind your business and channel your energy into boosting sales of your book. We're tired of Igbos meddling.

Lol...aunty na awa Lagos oooo.... I be original Mafoluku Oshodi boy oooo

Abeg help us spread the word about the book..

God bless ma...
Re: Tinubu Releases Lagos Governorship Primary Statement After Ambode's Brickbats by Nobody: 7:45pm On Sep 30, 2018
Every governor in Lagos has had a fall out with Tinubu, maybe Tinubu is the problem, political juggernauts like him should be taken down for the sake of democracy and liberation of Lagos state.

You read all through the piece and you can spot fasholas name here and there, why cant Tinubu state his own achievements ..ewu
Re: Tinubu Releases Lagos Governorship Primary Statement After Ambode's Brickbats by adaweezy(m): 7:46pm On Sep 30, 2018
Lyoncrescent:

In a way the PSP model was made up of Local private Investors. Most of the loading centres fashola constructed for LAWMA were handed over to visionscape. LAWMA and the PSP were functional but not perfect. They used to come once a week, mondays to be specific to pick my dirt and they bring bill and i pay them at the end of the month.Nowadays, my dirt is picked up once in a month . Nothing wrong in making a local investor probably selected from the pool of PSPs to form a consortium from which they can then offer what visionscape is offering. Thats a more organic growth and it would not have disrupted the process that was functional under fashola.

Visionscape however on paper is a good plan, b[b]ut the change management and the strategy of using foreign investors without giving first refusal to local investors is what led to the issues we have with waste management.[/b] Thats my opinion but i am open to yours as i am not an expert in this regards.

That plan was amended but the PSP operators sabotaged the whole process. Either ways Lagos would be liable for 50 Billion Naira being the cost of the bond utilized by Visionscape.
Re: Tinubu Releases Lagos Governorship Primary Statement After Ambode's Brickbats by Lyoncrescent: 7:47pm On Sep 30, 2018
adaweezy:

That plan was amended but the PSP operators sabotaged the whole process. Either ways Lagos would be liable for 50 Billion Naira being the cost of the bond utilized by Visionscape.

True.
Re: Tinubu Releases Lagos Governorship Primary Statement After Ambode's Brickbats by marticeus(m): 7:48pm On Sep 30, 2018
Equivalent or even worse than betrayal at Arnhem, an epic war action in Holland during WW 2 when thousands of allied troops were massacred.
The biggest question, what is Ambode's offence, nothing, absolutely none.
The best performing governor, a reference point among the committee of served, serving and intending governors.
Is it because he is from Epe, a back water and minority part of Lagos or is it because he a Christian.
This young man has performed creditably very well and deserved to be renominated by APC.
Although the Apc ticket is not his birthright and it will not be the first time a serving governor is denied a ticket, the whole world is watching.
Re: Tinubu Releases Lagos Governorship Primary Statement After Ambode's Brickbats by Melian(f): 7:48pm On Sep 30, 2018
gaby:

Lol...aunty na awa Lagos oooo.... I be original Mafoluku Oshodi boy oooo

Abeg help us spread the word about the book..

God bless ma...

You're not an indigene oga.
Re: Tinubu Releases Lagos Governorship Primary Statement After Ambode's Brickbats by maasoap(m): 7:52pm On Sep 30, 2018
I know a goner when I see one, Ambode is a goner.
Re: Tinubu Releases Lagos Governorship Primary Statement After Ambode's Brickbats by gaby(m): 7:52pm On Sep 30, 2018
Melian:

You're not an indigene oga.

No yawa...indigenize on...
Re: Tinubu Releases Lagos Governorship Primary Statement After Ambode's Brickbats by MajorQuest: 8:02pm On Sep 30, 2018
Thinking!!!
If tomorrow come and Ambode win the primaries by luck or whatever reasons then Lagos is guaranteed for APC as lagosian will vote for Ambode in the coming election out of pity for him and that will d whole plan of Tinubu all along
shocked grin grin
Re: Tinubu Releases Lagos Governorship Primary Statement After Ambode's Brickbats by BlackBaron: 8:03pm On Sep 30, 2018
Tinubu masterplan includes the following but not limited to;
Retain NURTW/area boys for in house dirty work, Confer and select choice Lagos properties, Allocate marginal but SIGNIFICANT percentage of Lagos tax to private pocket, impose choice cronies amongst others.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Releases Lagos Governorship Primary Statement After Ambode's Brickbats by naijaking1: 8:04pm On Sep 30, 2018
yns4real:
30th September, 2018

13. Businesses, large and small, invested, hired millions of workers and thrived. All Lagosians were to fully participate and justly benefit from the social dividends and improvements wrought by this plan.

14. From the common labourer, to business leaders, to professionals and our industrious civil service. We all were to be partners in a monumental but joint enterprise.

15. None was to be alienated. None was to be left out. And none were to be pushed aside. This is especially true for those who contributed so much to our development, whether as a business leader who has invested heavily in Lagos...

16. the homeowner who struggles to pay his fair share of taxes or as someone employed in the hard work of keeping our streets and byways clean so that others may go about their daily tasks unimpeded.

17. I make no pretence that the master plan is perfect. It can always be fine-tuned. However, whenever a government departed from this plan without compelling reason, the state and its people have borne the painful consequence of the improper departure.

18. I am encouraged by the emergence of a candidate in this primary who has served the state in senior positions in my administration, the Fashola administration and even in the current one.

https://mobile.twitter.com/AsiwajuTinubu

Master politician, master stroke.
Laborers, industry owners, and landlords?
Is he appealing to Igbos who Ambode has sidelined and maligned over the past 4 years?

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Releases Lagos Governorship Primary Statement After Ambode's Brickbats by miqos02(m): 8:06pm On Sep 30, 2018
fergie001:

and Peter?

What kind of English did I type at that last line sef
bro peter obi used the ojukwu name and also that was the home of APGA
Re: Tinubu Releases Lagos Governorship Primary Statement After Ambode's Brickbats by fergie001: 8:06pm On Sep 30, 2018
miqos02:
bro peter obi used the ojukwu name and also that was the home of APGA
Ambode is using his own name nah...as incumbent,ABI? grin
Re: Tinubu Releases Lagos Governorship Primary Statement After Ambode's Brickbats by sirtuler(m): 8:10pm On Sep 30, 2018
Ambo 2019
Re: Tinubu Releases Lagos Governorship Primary Statement After Ambode's Brickbats by abbeyty(m): 8:20pm On Sep 30, 2018
I just pray they won't start killing one another. Wetin be my own self?
Re: Tinubu Releases Lagos Governorship Primary Statement After Ambode's Brickbats by gozie112(m): 8:23pm On Sep 30, 2018
itchie:
Why is Tinubu being a coward? Why can't he just name the candidate and endorse him?
don't mind him..a typical Yoruba man

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Releases Lagos Governorship Primary Statement After Ambode's Brickbats by miqos02(m): 8:27pm On Sep 30, 2018
fergie001:

Ambode is using his own name nah...as incumbent,ABI? grin
his name and his completed & ongoing projects
Re: Tinubu Releases Lagos Governorship Primary Statement After Ambode's Brickbats by fergie001: 8:28pm On Sep 30, 2018
miqos02:
his name and his completed & ongoing projects
Lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Anambra 2017 Governorship Election Monitoring And Live Updates / Temitope Adunni Akinsanya: House Built By MC Oluomo's Wife / Olufemi Olu-kayode Confirms Audu's Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.