Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,539 members, 7,823,361 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:06 AM

Adelabu Wins Oyo APC Governorship Primary - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Adelabu Wins Oyo APC Governorship Primary (13839 Views)

Seyi Makinde Wins Oyo Governorship Election 2023 With Over 563,000 Votes / Tinubu Wins Oyo, Clears All 33 Local Government Area / Adebo Ogundoyin Of PDP Wins Oyo State Bye Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Adelabu Wins Oyo APC Governorship Primary by ossybluez(m): 8:37pm On Sep 30, 2018
The All Progressives Congress in Oyo State on Sunday held its governorship congress at the Lekan Salami Stadium, Ibadan, with former Deputy Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria, Adebayo Adelabu, emerging the party’s governorship candidate after other contestants stepped down for him.

After the likes of Joseph Tegbe, who was touted as Goveror Abiola Ajimobi’s anointed candidate, and other aspirants willingly stepped down from the race, Adeniyi Akintola (SAN) refused to do so as he was adamant on a full primary.

But as the election began, the legal icon announced his withdrawal from the race.

Adelabu is the grandson of the Ibadan notable politician, Adegoke Adelabu, popularly known as Penkelemesi (peculiar mess).

Former governor in the state, Adebayo Alao-Akala, on Saturday, earlier announced that he would not be part of the primary, saying Governor Ajimobi had perfected strategy to impose Tegbe on the party.

source: https://punchng.com/adelabu-wins-oyo-apc-governorship-primary/
Re: Adelabu Wins Oyo APC Governorship Primary by youngest85(m): 8:38pm On Sep 30, 2018
Adelabu is dead but his manhood lives on

4 Likes

Re: Adelabu Wins Oyo APC Governorship Primary by pejuakinab: 8:46pm On Sep 30, 2018
Oyo!!! Here comes another constituted authority.
The faith of an ancient state is in the hands of God. No credible candidate yet.
Re: Adelabu Wins Oyo APC Governorship Primary by sosanova: 8:47pm On Sep 30, 2018
Seyi Makinde is the incoming governor of Our state

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adelabu Wins Oyo APC Governorship Primary by ayodaisi: 8:47pm On Sep 30, 2018
Congrats to him
Re: Adelabu Wins Oyo APC Governorship Primary by heed101(m): 8:47pm On Sep 30, 2018
tongue
Re: Adelabu Wins Oyo APC Governorship Primary by KINGDOS: 8:48pm On Sep 30, 2018
Can any good thing come out of APC?
Re: Adelabu Wins Oyo APC Governorship Primary by ghuzy01: 8:48pm On Sep 30, 2018
Omo!!!this is a shocker. It's now a straight battle between Adelabu and Seyi makinde.Youths ti take over.

5 Likes

Re: Adelabu Wins Oyo APC Governorship Primary by Teewhy2: 8:48pm On Sep 30, 2018
Congrats to him.
One thing in this country is that the politicians have started planting their children to take over from them, they want the finances and power to remain within their family.

1 Like

Re: Adelabu Wins Oyo APC Governorship Primary by Jaymaxxy(m): 8:48pm On Sep 30, 2018
Penkelemesi!!!

Okay. I hate APC but I just love this man.

So it's going to be Adelabu Vs Seyi Makinde Vs Lanleyin (unconfirmed).
Oyo election has always been full of gladiators.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adelabu Wins Oyo APC Governorship Primary by Racoon(m): 8:49pm On Sep 30, 2018
And the NYSC certificateless Adebayo Shittu was busy talking trash on Channels TV this evening. angry angry

4 Likes

Re: Adelabu Wins Oyo APC Governorship Primary by omoyahaya(m): 8:50pm On Sep 30, 2018
sosanova:
as if na only you dey d state

8 Likes

Re: Adelabu Wins Oyo APC Governorship Primary by mbahdi(m): 8:50pm On Sep 30, 2018
DEVILISH PARTY

1 Like

Re: Adelabu Wins Oyo APC Governorship Primary by Nobody: 8:51pm On Sep 30, 2018
I don't see Adelabu thinking out of the box to redeem the battered image and aave the dying and decaying infrastructure of Oyo state.

Neither is the PDP candidate.

I'll rather vote for Sowore's candidate than these ones.
Re: Adelabu Wins Oyo APC Governorship Primary by Jaymaxxy(m): 8:53pm On Sep 30, 2018
Teewhy2:
Congrats to him.
One thing in this country is that the politicians have started planting their children to take over from them, they want the finances and power to remain within their family.

Egbon, this is a different scenario.
Re: Adelabu Wins Oyo APC Governorship Primary by KOLLYPROF(m): 8:54pm On Sep 30, 2018
Peculiar mess at last

2 Likes

Re: Adelabu Wins Oyo APC Governorship Primary by Jaymaxxy(m): 8:54pm On Sep 30, 2018
Teewhy2:
Congrats to him.
Baba, this case is different. Bayo Adelabu isn't born with silver spoon. He had a humble beginning. And for your info, Adegoke Adelabu (his grandfather) died before independence. He's just a young brilliant guy who was lucky to attain the pinnacle of his career.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Adelabu Wins Oyo APC Governorship Primary by budaatum: 8:55pm On Sep 30, 2018
Penkelemesi Junior
Re: Adelabu Wins Oyo APC Governorship Primary by senatordave1(m): 8:56pm On Sep 30, 2018
sosanova:
He will only win half of ibadan and ogbomoso

2 Likes

Re: Adelabu Wins Oyo APC Governorship Primary by senatordave1(m): 8:57pm On Sep 30, 2018
KOLLYPROF:
Peculiar mess at last
Finally,his grandfather is being rewarded

2 Likes

Re: Adelabu Wins Oyo APC Governorship Primary by traihit: 9:13pm On Sep 30, 2018
Jaymaxxy:

Baba, this case is different. Bayo Adelabu isn't born with silver spoon. He had a humble beginning. And for your info, Adegoke Adelabu (his grandfather) died before independence. He's just a young brilliant guy who was lucky to attain the pinnacle of his career.

He doesn't look like one and with what I've been seeing about him, he has perhaps forgotten about his beginning. I'm only praying whoever becomes governor get at least a little bit ahead of Ajimobi. Ajimobi really tried but he has a lot of flaws.

1 Like

Re: Adelabu Wins Oyo APC Governorship Primary by Tshae: 9:15pm On Sep 30, 2018
Congrats!
Re: Adelabu Wins Oyo APC Governorship Primary by Rilwayne001: 9:18pm On Sep 30, 2018
APC will not find things easy in OYO based on the many problems Ajimobi caused in his second term, and to think PDP presented SEYI Makinde. shocked Even I will vote Seyi Makinde.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Adelabu Wins Oyo APC Governorship Primary by traihit: 9:19pm On Sep 30, 2018
senatordave1:

Meanwhile, I think his grandfather was one of the reason the Action Group had problems in the then Western region. Adegoke Adelabu was working for the NCNC to tarnish and destabilize the government of AG (of course the masses would support anyone they "think" is fighting for them). It was that destabilizations that caused the rift between Awolowo and Akintola. The fight between Awo and Akintola was the first trigger of the 1966 coup. We were not there but history except when it is analyzed would make us think that every *good person" is absolutely good and every "evil person" is absolutely evil.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adelabu Wins Oyo APC Governorship Primary by traihit: 9:21pm On Sep 30, 2018
Rilwayne001:
APC will not find things easy in OYO based on the many problems Ajimobi caused in his second term, and to think PDP presented SEYI Makinde. shocked Even I will vote Seyi Makinde.

Even Seyi Makinde won't find it easy. In fact, he will find it tougher than Ajimobi's candidate. If I were Seyi Makinde, the other parts of Oyo outside Ibadan would be my focus (Seyi has more support from Ibadan while Bayo Adelabu is from Oke-Ogun). Ibadan alone can't decide who'll govern Oyo state and even Ibadan still has supporters for Ajimobi.

4 Likes

Re: Adelabu Wins Oyo APC Governorship Primary by traihit: 9:23pm On Sep 30, 2018
Ioannes:
I don't see Adelabu thinking out of the box to redeem the battered image and aave the dying and decaying infrastructure of Oyo state.

Neither is the PDP candidate.

I'll rather vote for Sowore's candidate than these ones.
That's if Sowore's candidate can think out of the box more than both Bayo and Seyi. FYI, a common Ibadan or even Oyo State indegene doesn't know who on earth bears the name "Sowore".
Re: Adelabu Wins Oyo APC Governorship Primary by Rilwayne001: 9:24pm On Sep 30, 2018
traihit:

Even Seyi Makinde won't find it easy. In fact, he will find it tougher than Ajimobi's candidate. If I were Seyi Makinde, the other parts of Oyo outside Ibadan would be my focus (Seyi has more support from Ibadan while Bayo Adelabu is from Oke-Ogun). Ibadan alone can't decide who'll govern Oyo state and even Ibadan still has supporters for Ajimobi.

Oh well
Re: Adelabu Wins Oyo APC Governorship Primary by omega2128(m): 10:02pm On Sep 30, 2018
Though Ajimobi did a lot wrong things in Ibadan, core ibadan people have a price tag on them and Ajimobi can afford it. power of incumbency, federal power and opposition is weakened, these will play on favour of APC
Seyi is on another quest of money wasting again. PDP is divided between old colleagues (fayose, wike etc rolls together and leave out new blood likes of adeleke. old PDP didn't step out for adeleke and seyi might receive same treatment. only Saraki or atiku will come to make noise in ibadan.
lanlehin will try because ADC has a better structure in Oyo state but Before election next year APC would have perfected their rigging skills

1 Like

Re: Adelabu Wins Oyo APC Governorship Primary by KOLLYPROF(m): 10:20pm On Sep 30, 2018
senatordave1:

I tell you
Re: Adelabu Wins Oyo APC Governorship Primary by Carlyscales: 10:50pm On Sep 30, 2018
traihit:

I've got from reliable sources that Oke-Ogun is the headquarters of APC rigging in gubernatorial election.

This will be interesting!
Re: Adelabu Wins Oyo APC Governorship Primary by Carlyscales: 10:51pm On Sep 30, 2018
traihit:

That's if Sowore's candidate can think out of the box more than both Bayo and Seyi. FYI, a common Ibadan or even Oyo State indegene doesn't know who on earth bears the name "Sowore".

Abeg who be d sowore's Candidate?

And what about him that we should consider?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tribunal Judgment Is Victory For Nigerians, Says President Buhari / Governor Obiano Visits Governor Okowa (Photos) / Accord Party, 44 Others Endorse Sanwo-olu, Form Coalition Ahead 2019 Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.