Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,197 members, 7,953,720 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 12:53 AM

Adelabu Wins Oyo APC Governorship Primary - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Adelabu Wins Oyo APC Governorship Primary (13904 Views)

Seyi Makinde Wins Oyo Governorship Election 2023 With Over 563,000 Votes / Tinubu Wins Oyo, Clears All 33 Local Government Area / Adebo Ogundoyin Of PDP Wins Oyo State Bye Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adelabu Wins Oyo APC Governorship Primary by Ventrue: 12:05am On Oct 01, 2018
CONGRATULATIONS! I love your grandfather and your grandfather's POLITICS. I wish you shall make me love you too. IF YOU WIN LOVE THE PEOPLE
Re: Adelabu Wins Oyo APC Governorship Primary by zelexotunla(m): 2:30am On Oct 01, 2018
The governorship should not be only Ibadan thing alone na, must the governor come from Ibadan again after 8years of Ajimobi (Ibadan)? No!!!. We have Ibarapa, Oke Ogun, Oyo and Ogbomosho. These regions have to wait again for the next 8years What kind of self centeredness is this?
Re: Adelabu Wins Oyo APC Governorship Primary by hargbolahan01: 2:39am On Oct 01, 2018
sosanova:
Seyi Makinde is the incoming governor of Our state
you mean that money bag
Re: Adelabu Wins Oyo APC Governorship Primary by Nobody: 4:52am On Oct 01, 2018
Shame on Osun, see profile of contestants in Oyo state

1 Like

Re: Adelabu Wins Oyo APC Governorship Primary by edupedia: 5:41am On Oct 01, 2018
Rilwayne001:
APC will not find things easy in OYO based on the many problems Ajimobi caused in his second term, and to think PDP presented SEYI Makinde. shocked Even I will vote Seyi Makinde.

....and how many are your votes?....
Re: Adelabu Wins Oyo APC Governorship Primary by PassingShot(m): 5:44am On Oct 01, 2018
Rilwayne001:
APC will not find things easy in OYO based on the many problems Ajimobi caused in his second term, and to think PDP presented SEYI Makinde. shocked Even I will vote Seyi Makinde.
I was thinking of supporting and voting Seyi Makinde but with this Adelabu, I see the reasons I wanted Seyi Makinde in him.

It will surely be a contest of two vibrant and energetic young men. Hopefully, with either of them, we will get the type of leader we have long craved for in Oyo state.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adelabu Wins Oyo APC Governorship Primary by gwinaB(m): 6:47am On Oct 01, 2018
Jaymaxxy:

Baba, this case is different. Bayo Adelabu isn't born with silver spoon. He had a humble beginning. And for your info, Adegoke Adelabu (his grandfather) died before independence. He's just a young brilliant guy who was lucky to attain the pinnacle of his career.

It wasn't luck. It was connections.
Re: Adelabu Wins Oyo APC Governorship Primary by Jaymaxxy(m): 6:53am On Oct 01, 2018
gwinaB:

It wasn't luck. It was connections.

Bro, it was luck and I know what I'm saying. He grew up in the same street with my mum so I know what I'm saying.
Re: Adelabu Wins Oyo APC Governorship Primary by Rilwayne001: 7:02am On Oct 01, 2018
PassingShot:

I was thinking of supporting and voting Seyi Makinde but with this Adelabu, I see the reasons I wanted Seyi Makinde in him.

It will surely be a contest of two vibrant and energetic young men. Hopefully, with either of them, we will get the type of leader we have long craved for in Oyo state.

Yeah, I later saw the Adelabu guy CV yesterday and I was astounded by it. The guy is a real success and I'm sure he'll make a successful and honest governor. For him to have gone through many financial institutions without any defect shows he can be trusted with public funds. It's certainly going to be a good change in OYO state next year. I'll nevertheless like APC to maintain OYO state because I don't want any IPOB party in southwest.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Adelabu Wins Oyo APC Governorship Primary by Nobody: 7:04am On Oct 01, 2018
traihit:

That's if Sowore's candidate can think out of the box more than both Bayo and Seyi. FYI, a common Ibadan or even Oyo State indegene doesn't know who on earth bears the name "Sowore".

That is your opinion. And I think it's presumptuous of you to pretend to speak on behalf of the common Ibadan indigene.

Besides, I'm not saying Sowore's candidate will win, I'm only saying I'd rather cast my vote for him than any of the others.

But I agree that Sowore has a lot of work to do if he hopes to come anywhere close to winning. It seems he thinks Nigerians in the diaspora are going to vote.
Re: Adelabu Wins Oyo APC Governorship Primary by traihit: 8:28am On Oct 01, 2018
Ioannes:

That is your opinion. And I think it's presumptuous of you to pretend to speak on behalf of the common Ibadan indigene.

Besides, I'm not saying Sowore's candidate will win, I'm only saying I'd rather cast my vote for him than any of the others.

But I agree that Sowore has a lot of work to do if he hopes to come anywhere close to winning. It seems he thinks Nigerians in the diaspora are going to vote.

It's not my opinion. It's what I see around me and take it or leave, I'm not in support of either APC or PDP yet, I won't shy away from the truth. And like I said earlier, how sure are you that even Sowore's candidate would be better than these guys we have on ground?
Re: Adelabu Wins Oyo APC Governorship Primary by traihit: 8:29am On Oct 01, 2018
Carlyscales:

I've got from reliable sources that Oke-Ogun is the headquarters of APC rigging in gubernatorial election.

This will be interesting!

I think it is very true judging from what has happened in the past. I'm personally going to enjoy it.
Re: Adelabu Wins Oyo APC Governorship Primary by Nobody: 9:22am On Oct 01, 2018
traihit:

It's not my opinion. It's what I see around me and take it or leave, I'm not in support of either APC or PDP yet, I won't shy away from the truth. And like I said earlier, how sure are you that even Sowore's candidate would be better than these guys we have on ground?

Both PDP and APC have a history of non-performance in that state, so...
Re: Adelabu Wins Oyo APC Governorship Primary by Empiree: 11:07am On Oct 01, 2018
Rilwayne001:
Ajimobi is out?
Re: Adelabu Wins Oyo APC Governorship Primary by Rilwayne001: 11:16am On Oct 01, 2018
Empiree:
Ajimobi is out?

He's going to be done with his second term next year. So yes, he's out.
Re: Adelabu Wins Oyo APC Governorship Primary by gwinaB(m): 11:24am On Oct 01, 2018
Jaymaxxy:

Bro, it was luck and I know what I'm saying. He grew up in the same street with my mum so I know what I'm saying.

Bro we worked together on the same floor, for the same company.
Re: Adelabu Wins Oyo APC Governorship Primary by Empiree: 11:38am On Oct 01, 2018
Rilwayne001:

He's going to be done with his second term next year. So yes, he's out.
oh ok. I thought oyo election was conducted too. Let him go. Did he perform great the first term was the reason they voted him second term?.

I think people need to stop voting politicians 2 terms. It is now a norm worldwide for politicians to go for election twice.
Re: Adelabu Wins Oyo APC Governorship Primary by Rilwayne001: 11:48am On Oct 01, 2018
Empiree:
oh ok. I thought oyo election was conducted too. Let him go. Did he perform great the first term was the reason they voted him second term?.

He actually did very well in his first term. He created Jobs and all sorts of social amenities. His second term wasn't good enough though as he just went crazy at everything. Lol. More like, he doesn't just give a F about what anybody thinks about his attitude during second term. Nevertheless get did well than his predecessors.

I think people need to stop voting politicians 2 terms. It is now a norm worldwide for politicians to go for election twice.

I think for some reasons, it's a good thing, in so far the politician is on the right cause in his first term, to sustain his good work, I think it's always best to give him another opportunity. In Nigeria however, they use the first term to work hard and paint themselves good so they can get another term, and ones they do, they use it to squander everything. This country is a joke. sad grin
Re: Adelabu Wins Oyo APC Governorship Primary by Empiree: 4:07pm On Oct 01, 2018
Rilwayne001:

He actually did very well in his first term. He created Jobs and all sorts of social amenities. His second term wasn't good enough though as he just went crazy at everything. Lol. More like, he doesn't just give a F about what anybody thinks about his attitude during second term. Nevertheless get did well than his predecessors.
See what I'm saying. People need to wise up and stop voting them for second term. They are not sincere. He used first term to cajole his people to get second term. But vote them out even if they performed nice the first term. Still vote them out if they start preforming nice at the end if their first term. Nigerians should be wiser by now.

I think for some reasons, it's a good thing, in so far the politician is on the right cause in his first term, to sustain his good work, I think it's always best to give him another opportunity. In Nigeria however, they use the first term to work hard and paint themselves good so they can get another term, and ones they do, they use it to squander everything. This country is a joke. sad grin
that's why you need to return to 1 term technic. Vote them out. Let a new person continue the good work from where the former stopped. If they are sincere about "good work" they did first term they would continue like that in another 4yrs. But they chose not to.
Re: Adelabu Wins Oyo APC Governorship Primary by Rilwayne001: 5:18pm On Oct 01, 2018
Empiree:
See what I'm saying. People need to wise up and stop voting them for second term. They are not sincere. He used first term to cajole his people to get second term. But vote them out even if they performed nice the first term. Still vote them out if they start preforming nice at the end if their first term. Nigerians should be wiser by now.
that's why you need to return to 1 term technic. Vote them out. Let a new person continue the good work from where the former stopped. If they are sincere about "good work" they did first term they would continue like that in another 4yrs. But they chose not to.

But don't you think if we are to keep voting them out even after they perform well in their first term, they'll even bother not do anything than squander money in their first term, since they are aware it's going to be their only chance?
Re: Adelabu Wins Oyo APC Governorship Primary by Empiree: 6:03pm On Oct 01, 2018
Rilwayne001:

But don't you think if we are to keep voting them out even after they perform well in their first term, they'll even bother not do anything than squander money in their first term, since they are aware it's going to be their only chance?
good thought. Just hang them. Sick of them. Nigeria is a funny country. If you go right they go left. If you go left they go right.

Too much confusions. I guess y'all gotta deal with one another like this until Jesus returns shocked
Re: Adelabu Wins Oyo APC Governorship Primary by Rilwayne001: 6:32pm On Oct 01, 2018
Empiree:
good thought. Just hang them.

I swear, I'll really love this if it's possible, but then who's going to make corruption a capital offense? Of course a criminal will never make a law that will hinder his criminal activities.

Sick of them. Nigeria is a funny country. If you go right they go left. If you go left they go right.Too much confusions. I guess y'all gotta deal with one another like this until Jesus returns shocked

Unfortunately, it keeps getting worse and we as citizens have totally run out of option on what to do. It's totally beyond us. cry embarassed
And when you said we should continue dealing with it, are you not coming again? shocked grin
I want out too o grin
Re: Adelabu Wins Oyo APC Governorship Primary by Empiree: 7:14pm On Oct 01, 2018
Rilwayne001:

I swear, I'll really love this if it's possible, but then who's going to make corruption a capital offense? Of course a criminal will never make a law that will hinder his criminal activities.
Believe me, the laws are actually there in the Constitution. They failed to enforce them on top class people. But they enforced the law on the poor. This is not justice. This is why if some people talk about enforcing Sharia law, politicians and their mumu start talking about cutting hands and legs to make it look barbaric to evade justice. What is missing are sincerity and patriotism.

Unfortunately, it keeps getting worse and we as citizens have totally run out of option on what to do. It's totally beyond us. cry embarassed
And when you said we should continue dealing with it, are you not coming again? shocked grin
I want out too o grin
coming back in Sha Allah. Just not gonna involve in your politics. Do you know that Nigeria actually has many benefits that citizens are entitled to just like Western world?.

I thought they don't have them. My in law was just telling me few weeks ago. Benefits (apart from pension and retirement), they have unemployment benefits, children allowance, elderly, child birth allowance, workers comp, food stamps, etc. But Nigerian politicians are not transparent at all. They supposed to advertise these things on TV for citizens to know their rights.

In the Western world, they always advertise different benefits programs on TV, newspapers and all media outlets available. Have you ever heard of "owo baba" that many Nigerians and foreigners from different countries get here?. I don't encourage it but Nigeria has that too. The problem is the people in charge sit on the money and they invest the money and make profits and reinvest again. The cycle continues and they never tell you people.

For instance, take a look at electricity. Is it money that they don't have to fix it?. You know this is fat lie. Even one politician can take care of stable electricity. But there are politicians who invest in generators. They will never allow for stable electricity in Nigeria, ever.

Imagine Indian community (ilupeju) and several other foreign communities in Lagos have stable electricity right inside Nigeria?. Tell me why it is so difficult to fix stable light in nija?. It means some powerful people are there making money off sufferings of their people. Even if president wants to reverse this nonsense, they make sure they block him due to checks and balances because president can not enforce law. Congress (Senate and House) do that. But these crooks are within these two powerful Houses. They will not enforce laws that put them to death or prison. But they make laws that give them imúnítì. That's where the problems lie. Not resources.

They need to do as Iran and China do. EXECUTE CRIMINAL POLITICIANS. This is not possible without sincerity and by getting rid of political godfatherism.

Such thing is nonsense.

2 Likes

Re: Adelabu Wins Oyo APC Governorship Primary by Rilwayne001: 7:29pm On Oct 01, 2018
Empiree:
Believe me, the laws are actually there in the Constitution. They failed to enforce them on top class people. But they enforced the law on the poor. This is not justice. This is why if some people talk about enforcing Sharia law, politicians and their mumu start talking about cutting hands and legs to make it look barbaric to evade justice. What is missing are sincerity and patriotism.
coming back in Sha Allah. Just not gonna involve in your politics. Do you know that Nigeria actually has many benefits that citizens are entitled to just like Western world?.I thought they don't have them. My in law was just telling me few weeks ago. Benefits (apart from pension and retirement), they have unemployment benefits, children allowance, elderly, child birth allowance, workers comp, food stamps, etc. But Nigerian politicians are not transparent at all. They supposed to advertise these things on TV for citizens to know their rights
In the Western world, they always advertise different benefits programs on TV, newspapers and all media outlets available. Have you ever heard of "owo baba" that many Nigerians and foreigners from different countries get here?. I don't encourage it but Nigeria has that too. The problem is the people in charge sit on the money and they invest the money and make profits and reinvest again. The cycle continues and they never tell you people. For instance, take a look at electricity. Is it money that they don't have to fix it?. You know this is fat lie. Even one politician can take care of stable electricity. But there are politicians who invest in generators. They will never allow for stable electricity in Nigeria, ever.Imagine Indian community and several other foreigners in Lagos have stable electricity right inside Nigeria?. Tell me why it is so difficult to fix stable light in nija?. It means some powerful people are there making money off sufferings of their people. Even if president wants to reverse this nonsense, they make sure they block him due to checks and balances because president can not enforce law. Congress (Senate and House) do that. But these crooks are within these two powerful Houses. They will not enforce laws that put them to death or prison. But they make laws that give them imuniti. That's where the problems lie. Not resources.They need to do as Iran and China do. EXECUTE CRIMINAL POLITICIANS. This is not possible without sincerity and by getting rid of politicalgodfatherism.
Such thing is nonsense.

You just summarized all our numerous problems and as you'll agree with me, these are problems that's not going anytime soon. Imagine also the minimum wage issue. Definitely the government have the power to make the minimum wage to be 56k and even above, but because of their selfish interest, they won't. Where's we have legislators with annual salary including bonuses running into billions why workers are getting far less than a million annually, even despite so, they still go ahead owing them salary. And all these are not even the most furious part. The most furious part is when they now finish their 8years term only for them to pick another political office to spend another 8ywars. angry angry sad

Sometimes when I think about the situation of this country, I just but have to take my mind off it as it brings nothing but sadness and depression as well as all sorts of evil thinkings. So I don't even bother discuss politics outside the internet with anybody. Lol.

To be candid, best bet is to run away from here if the opportunity comes lol.
Re: Adelabu Wins Oyo APC Governorship Primary by Lipscomb(m): 9:03pm On Oct 01, 2018
Jaymaxxy:

Baba, this case is different. Bayo Adelabu isn't born with silver spoon. He had a humble beginning. And for your info, Adegoke Adelabu (his grandfather) died before independence. He's just a young brilliant guy who was lucky to attain the pinnacle of his career.
adedibu and adelabu sound familiar in oyo political system.
Re: Adelabu Wins Oyo APC Governorship Primary by budaatum: 12:38am On Oct 02, 2018
transformed:
Shame on Osun, see profile of contestants in Oyo state
Why shame? Its not as if we are much richer than Ibadan you know! So why should so many crooks rush us?

Profile, my word!
Re: Adelabu Wins Oyo APC Governorship Primary by DabuIIIT: 11:00am On Oct 03, 2018
Rilwayne001:

angry angry sad

Sometimes when I think about the situation of this country, I just but have to take my mind off it as it brings nothing but sadness and depression as well as all sorts of evil thinkings. So I don't even bother discuss politics outside the internet with anybody. Lol.

To be candid, best bet is to run away from here if the opportunity comes lol. cry cry embarassed embarassed cry

Hungry
Baaahahahaha....
Blame it on Igbos
Don't worry,Sai Baba is working
Haaaahahahahaha..

Cc Vulcan
grin grin grin grin grin

1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

NASS Leadership: Stop Igbo Marginalisation,youth Parliament Urges Apc/presidency / HURIWA: Mercenaries Behind Abia Cattle Market Attack / Standard Chartered Bank Indicates Interest In Funding Lagos-Calabar Highway

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.