Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,496 members, 7,819,811 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:19 AM

Housa Boys Attacked Unijos Students' Village Hostel Today (30th Sept. 2018) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Housa Boys Attacked Unijos Students' Village Hostel Today (30th Sept. 2018) (2919 Views)

UNIJOS Student Abdulsalam Idris Beaten To Death By Course Mates Over N30k Bribe / Killings Of Innocent Unijos Students.. / 49-Year-Old UNIJOS Political Science Student Dies Few Days After Graduation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Housa Boys Attacked Unijos Students' Village Hostel Today (30th Sept. 2018) by Spark2: 8:44pm On Sep 30, 2018
Today being the last day in the month of September 2018. Unijos students village hostel witnessed this black scenario. Housa boys armed with sticks and weapons intrude the hostel for reasons not too clear. they were stopped by students at the gate as they tried to penetrate the hostel. some students lost their lives in the process. while some others sustained injuries..
here is a statement from the Student Union Government Unijos as extracted from WhatsApp.

STUDENT UNION GOVERNMENT (SUG) HOUSE OF PARLIAMENT UNIJOS CHAPTER.

*FROM THE OFFICE OF THE CHAIRMAN AND THE SECRETARY SENATE COMMITTEE ON SECURITY MATTERS*

I bring greetings to you in the name of the struggle.

we want to use this podium to address all Josite concerning the security challenges in town. We urge each and every Students on *CAMPUS* and *OFF CAMPUS* to be security conscious and Alert . Please let's stay calm, our life's are important and please let's Try and help the Special students at the village hostel please we urge Students at the Village hostel should pls look after the Special students at this point of time and Tomorrow which is the Independence Day All Great Josite should dress on Black to mourn for does who lost their life at this Period of insecurity crisis we find our self to and most especially our student that lost his life today Shedrack Fenan Kumz 300 Level law Student Please all Students should mourn for the beloved lost ones on the 1st of October 2018 Independence Day Above all your security is our concerned God bless as all and Guide and protect each and every one of us in Jesus name
Thanks for your usual cooperation

From Sen. JOHN GOLGAK GOFWAN
Chairman senate committee on security matters. And Sen. *EMMANUEL JIREH BULUS BOBBY * Secretary senate commitee on security matters
Re: Housa Boys Attacked Unijos Students' Village Hostel Today (30th Sept. 2018) by youngest85(m): 8:45pm On Sep 30, 2018
See what this one is saying

Instead of fishing out the culprits and punish them
Re: Housa Boys Attacked Unijos Students' Village Hostel Today (30th Sept. 2018) by nwaanambra1(m): 8:53pm On Sep 30, 2018
the war will start from middle belt. and its going to be a religious war - the hate among them is so palpable.
Re: Housa Boys Attacked Unijos Students' Village Hostel Today (30th Sept. 2018) by Spark2: 8:59pm On Sep 30, 2018
it's beyond the SUG. I feel the government must come in. it's religious.
Re: Housa Boys Attacked Unijos Students' Village Hostel Today (30th Sept. 2018) by Spark2: 8:59pm On Sep 30, 2018
it's beyond the SUG. I feel the government must come in. it's religious.

1 Like

Re: Housa Boys Attacked Unijos Students' Village Hostel Today (30th Sept. 2018) by xtravanganza: 9:04pm On Sep 30, 2018
Jos .... the town sweet sha, nice weather, low cost of living but the blood shed is too much

2 Likes

Re: Housa Boys Attacked Unijos Students' Village Hostel Today (30th Sept. 2018) by czarina(f): 10:18pm On Sep 30, 2018
It is well
Re: Housa Boys Attacked Unijos Students' Village Hostel Today (30th Sept. 2018) by slivertongue: 11:38pm On Sep 30, 2018
Lalong has sold jos city to those murderers
Re: Housa Boys Attacked Unijos Students' Village Hostel Today (30th Sept. 2018) by iceboy4752(m): 11:59pm On Sep 30, 2018
And do you know that these same "Hausa boys" were attacked and killed yesterday? In my area, more than three people were shot dead. One of the casualties include a woman and you didn't talk about it oo. I believe this is a counter-attack.
I was shocked when the media, on Friday, reported that some people in Jos were killed by "unknown gunmen." Everyone believed they were Fulani herdsmen. But do you know that many Hausa/Fulani people were also gunned down? Althouh I don't support any sensless killing, but stop trying to always paint the Hausa/Fulani black. We are all affected and let's shun violence and opt-in for peace.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Housa Boys Attacked Unijos Students' Village Hostel Today (30th Sept. 2018) by Myhighdreams(f): 1:47am On Oct 01, 2018

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Housa Boys Attacked Unijos Students' Village Hostel Today (30th Sept. 2018) by JohnFrankling(m): 3:53am On Oct 01, 2018
ThankGod I relocated from Jos. NYSC ona father, One Nigeria kill ona their. We are never one and sadly speaking we can't be one in this country..

1 Like

Re: Housa Boys Attacked Unijos Students' Village Hostel Today (30th Sept. 2018) by Edunews: 4:07am On Oct 01, 2018
UNIJOS Hostel Attack, Full Story:

Several students of the University of Jos, has been reported dead following yesterday’s UNIJOS hostel attacks.

One student of the University, known as “Kums” has been confirmed dead after he was rushed to the hospital followings multiple wounds.

It was reported that Armed bandits in military Uniforms attacked the University hostel (Naraguta hostel) killing scores.

A video going viral online shows numerous students of the University fleeing to safety, after the University’s female hostel was attacked.

The identity of the attackers is still yet to be known, and there is no response yet from the University’s public relations office or the office of the state Governor.

Also, a student of the University has been missing for 2 days since the unrest started.

To be updated as soon as more reports come in: https://nigerianuniversitynews.com/2018/10/unijos-hostel-attacks-several-student-feared-dead.html

1 Like

Re: Housa Boys Attacked Unijos Students' Village Hostel Today (30th Sept. 2018) by Venerable612(m): 5:52am On Oct 01, 2018
In law, a man can use reasonable force to defend his home - Castle doctrine. But if the danger imminent is more than the home owner can handle, he should retreat to safety.

Violence begets violence. And these lads aren’t trained to fight people with guns. I would advise to leave the premises - if the security agencies are failing at their jobs

1 Like

Re: Housa Boys Attacked Unijos Students' Village Hostel Today (30th Sept. 2018) by planetbluz: 7:20am On Oct 01, 2018
Unijos Is Located In A Volatile Area Dominated By Hausa/fulani Where As Most Of The Students Are Christains. Woe Unto Plateau State Government For Not Ensuring An All Round Security Operation Withing And Outside The School.
Re: Housa Boys Attacked Unijos Students' Village Hostel Today (30th Sept. 2018) by planetbluz: 7:27am On Oct 01, 2018
iceboy4752:
And do you know that these same "Hausa boys" were attacked and killed yesterday? In my area, more than three people were shot dead. One of the casualties include a woman and you didn't talk about it oo. I believe this is a counter-attack.
I was shocked when the media, on Friday, reported that some people in Jos were killed by "unknown gunmen." Everyone believed they were Fulani herdsmen. But do you know that many Hausa/Fulani people were also gunned down? Althouh I don't support any sensless killing, but stop trying to always paint the Hausa/Fulani black. We are all affected and let's shun violence and opt-in for peace.
THE HAUSAS ARE ALWAYS THE FIRST TO INSTIGATE CRISES IN JTOWN. INFACT THE CONSIDES JOS NORTH AS THIERS AND WOULD STOP AT NOTHING TO ENSURE THAT JOS NORTH IS "DEBEROMIZED" NB: THE BEROMS ARE THE ABORIGENES OF JOS AND ITS ENVIRONS.

3 Likes

Re: Housa Boys Attacked Unijos Students' Village Hostel Today (30th Sept. 2018) by Spark2: 7:46am On Oct 01, 2018
FOR HOW LONG by *KENDOO*�

So I closed from service, meet some few friends, Happy it was a great Sunday, Heading towards the village gate, then *BOOM* it all started.

This guys moving towards the gate, with all form of weapons, trying to get in to harm students, then *BOOM* there was an *ALUTA* call, students and residents of russau came out with weapons to protect themselves.

*MR* *VC*, FOR HOW LONG ARE WE GOING TO PROTECT OURSELVES, ARE WE NOT STUDENTS, aren't WE ENTITLED TO SECURITY..

Here I was, with my small stick on my hand yearning, *GREAT* *JOSITE*, Since the school cannot protect us we have to do it ourselves, there at the other side of the road where also a group of boys, trying to attack us, we fought like soldiers in war, we defended our territory, within a twinkle of an eye, Gun shots all over the place, we were helpless, we were running, I took cover behind compound 14, we looked up, we saw kums lying helplessly on the floor, WAS HE SHORT? YES, we dragged him, he was bleeding helplessly on the head, TEARS ROLLED DOWN MY EYES, I SAW MY FELLOW *JOSITE* in pain, and couldn't do anything..

After your child, spent years writing jamb, spent years looking for admission, then imagine a call telling you HELLO YOUR SON IS DEAD, GOD FORBID.

For a moment, I couldn't feel my head, people injured, kums lying lifeless, it looks like the men on green joined forces with the other guys, bullets all over our territory, but none going to their territory, are this really soldiers, I don't think so, here I was with my small stick on my hands, don't know what will happened next, I went to a corner, sobbed like a kid, because I don't even know what will happen next.

FOR HOW LONG are #JOSITES going to die, the will tell us let peace reign, after we have allowed the peace to reign then the strike us again, and we get killed, I am tired of seeing my fellow josites die, that bullet could have hit anybody, what if it was me, because I was not far away from that dude.

I was without shoes, my shoes came out I didn't know where it was, I can't even remember were I kept my bible, then in the evening The soldiers came entered the hostel, begging us to drop our weapons and we dropped it, so that's how it ends, students died like that and all you can do is tell us drop our weapons like seriously.

Its high time josites gets the necessary security measures the are entitled..

#iAMaJOSITE
#SAYNOTOINSECURITY..

KENDOO�
Re: Housa Boys Attacked Unijos Students' Village Hostel Today (30th Sept. 2018) by Spark2: 7:47am On Oct 01, 2018
you'll understand that the security men actually aided the Housa boys...... Rule of law is death in nigeria
Re: Housa Boys Attacked Unijos Students' Village Hostel Today (30th Sept. 2018) by Joldsilver: 8:35am On Oct 01, 2018
iceboy4752:

You're a liar! You're an Hausa terrorist. Post the pictures.
Re: Housa Boys Attacked Unijos Students' Village Hostel Today (30th Sept. 2018) by iceboy4752(m): 8:54am On Oct 01, 2018
Joldsilver:

You're a liar! You're an Hausa terrorist. Post the pictures.
Well done Oga "terrorist detector." I don't care if you believe. I escaped narrowly and that's what I'm concerned about. You're expecting me to take and post pictures you'll still falsify. undecided

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Housa Boys Attacked Unijos Students' Village Hostel Today (30th Sept. 2018) by FriendNG: 7:06pm On Oct 01, 2018
iceboy4752:

Well done Oga "terrorist detector." I don't care if you believe. I escaped narrowly and that's what I'm concerned about. You're expecting me to take and post pictures you'll still falsify. undecided

Leave him abeg even when other people's dead bodies, four other cars and that of Major Alkali wear found in the pond they still call it staged Nollywood script.

1 Like

Re: Housa Boys Attacked Unijos Students' Village Hostel Today (30th Sept. 2018) by islandmoon: 7:42pm On Oct 01, 2018
planetbluz:
Unijos Is Located In A Volatile Area Dominated By Hausa/fulani Where As Most Of The Students Are Christains. Woe Unto Plateau State Government For Not Ensuring An All Round Security Operation Withing And Outside The School.
the university 1st campus was built within the city, gengere axis, because of this issue a main campus was built at the end of the city, but this people , Hausa Fulani always moving close to the students to sell their stuffs , provide okada businesses and bus park instead of government to control the area, the Hausa kill and took over the medical hostel of the student and seized some of the university land to create a community there on 2001 throwing stones at law department, the minister said that community is a threat to the university of Jos, the school senate move some departments far away from there to a new permanent site, and behold this same hausa , Fulani and illegal immigrants have relocated to round even the yet to be completed permanent sites, with no safe accessible road to the school or hostels,
you will have to drive through those slum unplanned settlements to get to school praying to God to keep you alive.

the university surrounded by jihadist killing students is not good, and more illegal immigrants keep trooping in from chad and Niger to build small small houses on the mountain surrounding the university.

in 2008, they were practically standing in front of the main campus with cutlass and sticks trying to enter, the reason the university increased the perimeter of the fence and add barb wire,
they now even bring in cow into the university and any attempt to stop them is war, and the presidency is not doing anythi g about it because they are his kingsmen.
see photo of education department on perm site below

(1) (Reply)

Campus Conflict Between Unilag And U.I ( PICTURES) / Top 10 Highest Paid Doctors In The World | 2022 / Highest Score In Jamb/utme 2010

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.