Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,982 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:56 AM

NDU Students' Hostels, Lodge Flooded (PHOTOS, VIDEO) - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / NDU Students' Hostels, Lodge Flooded (PHOTOS, VIDEO) (29181 Views)

NDU Students Scramble To Pick N20 Notes Sprayed By Fellow Students: Pics & Video / Poor Condition Of UNIPORT Students' Hostels (Pictures & Video) / NDU Students Escaping From Amassoma Through Forest And River (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NDU Students' Hostels, Lodge Flooded (PHOTOS, VIDEO) by Preye1599(m): 10:20am On Oct 01, 2018
argob44:
Flood has taken over Amasoma community in Bayelsa state, where the Niger Delta University, NDU, is located.

According to Voke Akpata, a Medical student of the University, who spoke with Asbgistng, the flood started very little about two weeks ago but has become worse just this week.

She said:

"This is my school o, NDU, this whole flooding issue started about two weeks ago, and have gotten worse this week that students are now using canoes to go for lectures and back to their respective houses."

A video she sent to aAsbGist Nigeria further revealed the condition of the students. Students were seen using canoes and some of them saying "This is my lodge, flood".

No fewer than 150,000 persons have been displaced by the flood in Bayelsa, the National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA) on Sunday, said.

http://www.asbgistng.com/2018/09/ndu-students-cries-out-flood-engulfs.html

Watch the video: https://www.instagram.com/p/BoXPKyln-SI/?taken-by=asbgistng
I live in that 2 storey building, but I stay on the 2nd floor, the flood didn't come to play mehn,

1 Like

Re: NDU Students' Hostels, Lodge Flooded (PHOTOS, VIDEO) by candygist: 10:26am On Oct 01, 2018
Lordofthewest:
A government that has plans and sees the future would start compulsory relocation from the flood prone areas of the Niger delta and parts of lagos not waiting for worse disasters to happen before taking action.

That's if they make an alternative area available . Any Government that wants relocation of citizens from flood prone area should make provision for a suitable area as well .
Re: NDU Students' Hostels, Lodge Flooded (PHOTOS, VIDEO) by toprealman: 10:34am On Oct 01, 2018
Flooding happens everywhere but here in Nigeria we never seem to be prepared.
Re: NDU Students' Hostels, Lodge Flooded (PHOTOS, VIDEO) by stieyven(m): 10:43am On Oct 01, 2018
youngest85:
Wow
Instead of free education, they got free swimming pool, is God not wonderful?
DO NOT TAKE THE NAME OF THE LORD IN VAIN. Exodus 20 :7
Re: NDU Students' Hostels, Lodge Flooded (PHOTOS, VIDEO) by Jahwinaboy(m): 10:58am On Oct 01, 2018
[quote author=Alphasoar post=71681824][/quote]

How do we begin since some of us here take it for fun? We the youths need to pause and ponder and then apply our YOUTHFUL intelligence to think and make clever decisions even if we don't fully manifest in time for this election, before next election we are already a force. The reason why we are still like this is because we fail ourselves by shying away from things we need to do. Let's THINK, THINK,THINK and STRATEGIZE on how to move forward. Look at how creative, innovative and clever most of us are but still specialize in 1. Bring him down syndrome 2. Tribalism 3. If not me or us, no one else 4. APC or PDP 5. Lack of result oriented movements/plans 6. Caricatures, uninterested in national discourse etc.(No disrespect). Nowhere in the world have u seen youths complaining without actions and u expect results. For instance, NOT TOO YOUNG TO RUN BILL has recently been signed. That means we must be a force by next election. Our time is near.
Re: NDU Students' Hostels, Lodge Flooded (PHOTOS, VIDEO) by snowking: 11:27am On Oct 01, 2018
majamajic:
Sorry I have seen some of these pics on internet since last year
The pictures were taken yesterday, though I don't know where the first image is, I left Amassoma yesterday as at 12 pm.
Re: NDU Students' Hostels, Lodge Flooded (PHOTOS, VIDEO) by policysamuel(m): 11:29am On Oct 01, 2018
OneCorner:
Buhari why!!!

buhari caused it too?
Re: NDU Students' Hostels, Lodge Flooded (PHOTOS, VIDEO) by ikemesit4477: 11:32am On Oct 01, 2018
Hurricane buhari!
Re: NDU Students' Hostels, Lodge Flooded (PHOTOS, VIDEO) by highness25(m): 11:38am On Oct 01, 2018
argob44:
Flood has taken over Amasoma community in Bayelsa state, where the Niger Delta University, NDU, is located.

According to Voke Akpata, a Medical student of the University, who spoke with Asbgistng, the flood started very little about two weeks ago but has become worse just this week.

She said:

"This is my school o, NDU, this whole flooding issue started about two weeks ago, and have gotten worse this week that students are now using canoes to go for lectures and back to their respective houses."

A video she sent to aAsbGist Nigeria further revealed the condition of the students. Students were seen using canoes and some of them saying "This is my lodge, flood".

No fewer than 150,000 persons have been displaced by the flood in Bayelsa, the National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA) on Sunday, said.

http://www.asbgistng.com/2018/09/ndu-students-cries-out-flood-engulfs.html

Watch the video: https://www.instagram.com/p/BoXPKyln-SI/?taken-by=asbgistng
God punish her there. liar, which one is students are using canoe to go for lectures. School wey me I de. As a matter of fact, academic activities has been shut down since NLC declared strike.

1 Like

Re: NDU Students' Hostels, Lodge Flooded (PHOTOS, VIDEO) by xcelentattitude(m): 11:44am On Oct 01, 2018
youngest85:
Wow

You're not well grin
Re: NDU Students' Hostels, Lodge Flooded (PHOTOS, VIDEO) by xcelentattitude(m): 11:46am On Oct 01, 2018
wisdom4today:
Too bad. When are we gonna start getting it right in Nigeria

May God guide our leaders aright in every sector and sphere to bring positive results in our nation.

Meanwhile see How To Start Fairly Used Clothing or Okrika Business In Nigeria.

But none of them has acknowledged the need for guidance.
Re: NDU Students' Hostels, Lodge Flooded (PHOTOS, VIDEO) by JohnFrankling(m): 12:11pm On Oct 01, 2018
majamajic:
Sorry I have seen some of these pics on internet since last year
Stop lying brother this is a recent pics, and the hostel you are seeing their is called Chinese lodge, if you want more pics I will send it to you stop saying what you dont know..
Re: NDU Students' Hostels, Lodge Flooded (PHOTOS, VIDEO) by majamajic(m): 12:28pm On Oct 01, 2018
JohnFrankling:
Stop lying brother this is a recent pics, and the hostel you are seeing their is called Chinese lodge, if you want more pics I will send it to you stop saying what you dont know..

the first pic, has been on internet since last year, am not talking about the rest pics.
Re: NDU Students' Hostels, Lodge Flooded (PHOTOS, VIDEO) by adeniyi65(m): 2:56pm On Oct 01, 2018
youngest85:
Wow
grin grin grin
Re: NDU Students' Hostels, Lodge Flooded (PHOTOS, VIDEO) by argob44(f): 5:31pm On Oct 01, 2018
highness25:
God punish her there. liar, which one is students are using canoe to go for lectures. School wey me I de. As a matter of fact, academic activities has been shut down since NLC declared strike.
u too dey curse, are you a Christian at all? your mouth is made to bless and not curse. Try and be like your Father.
Re: NDU Students' Hostels, Lodge Flooded (PHOTOS, VIDEO) by argob44(f): 5:32pm On Oct 01, 2018
Preye1599:
I live in that 2 storey building, but I stay on the 2nd floor, the flood didn't come to play mehn,
So too uses canoes ba?
Re: NDU Students' Hostels, Lodge Flooded (PHOTOS, VIDEO) by Preye1599(m): 5:52pm On Oct 01, 2018
I left before it got to that level, I stay at the top floor grin
argob44:
So too uses canoes ba?

1 Like

Re: NDU Students' Hostels, Lodge Flooded (PHOTOS, VIDEO) by argob44(f): 9:02pm On Oct 01, 2018
Preye1599:
I left before it got to that level, I stay at the top floor grin
lol, great. pray for others
Re: NDU Students' Hostels, Lodge Flooded (PHOTOS, VIDEO) by Mr2kul(m): 11:55pm On Oct 01, 2018
highness25:
NDU FLOOD UPDATE AND THE UNIVERSITY MANAGEMENT STAND..

FROM THE OFFICE OF THE VICE CHANCELLOR, NIGER DELTA UNIVERSITY.

As instructed by the Vice-Chancellor of Niger Delta University through the S.a V.c, all affected students of the flood off-campus should immediately apply for hostel space for free through the dean of student affairs to the Vice-Chancellor to immediately pack into vacant hostels in newsite and others, in other to continue your academic activitie.
On this note, we are pleased to announce to the entire students community that the Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC) Nationwide strike has been called-off, there will be no flood-break, that, the academic activities starts tomorrow 2nd Oct, 2018 as slated in the timetables and academic calendar as we are lagging behind of the NUC Demand.
Thank you.

Announcer:
E.k Romeo
For S.a V.c & V.c

#Copied
Re: NDU Students' Hostels, Lodge Flooded (PHOTOS, VIDEO) by highness25(m): 7:39am On Oct 02, 2018
Mr2kul:

NDU FLOOD UPDATE AND THE UNIVERSITY MANAGEMENT STAND..

FROM THE OFFICE OF THE VICE CHANCELLOR, NIGER DELTA UNIVERSITY.

As instructed by the Vice-Chancellor of Niger Delta University through the S.a V.c, all affected students of the flood off-campus should immediately apply for hostel space for free through the dean of student affairs to the Vice-Chancellor to immediately pack into vacant hostels in newsite and others, in other to continue your academic activitie.
On this note, we are pleased to announce to the entire students community that the Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC) Nationwide strike has been called-off, there will be no flood-break, that, the academic activities starts tomorrow 2nd Oct, 2018 as slated in the timetables and academic calendar as we are lagging behind of the NUC Demand.
Thank you.

Announcer:
E.k Romeo
For S.a V.c & V.c

#Copied
This is old news now.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Okeke Solomon Ekene Emerges Best Graduating Student In Russian University / Kogistatepoly Admission List Is Out. / JAMB UTME 2018: Live Thread And Reports

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.