Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,095 members, 7,821,786 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:26 PM

Paul The Octopus Predicts Spain To Win World Cup - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Paul The Octopus Predicts Spain To Win World Cup (1794 Views)

Makanjuola Habib Wants To Win World Best Award By 17 / Pogba Voted Best Player As France Win World Cup / Prediction: Ghana, Nigeria Will Win World Cup (Prophet) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Paul The Octopus Predicts Spain To Win World Cup by chelseabmw(m): 6:06am On Jul 12, 2010
spain
Re: Paul The Octopus Predicts Spain To Win World Cup by oisehumen(m): 9:39am On Jul 12, 2010
Wanted Holland to beat Spain.
Too bad sha; but Spain deserves it anyway.

The best team in the world right now
Re: Paul The Octopus Predicts Spain To Win World Cup by Nobody: 10:04am On Jul 12, 2010
akinalabi:

You're right there. Some business interests must have gone into this.

[b]He's been wrong in the past.[/b]If I'm right, he pridicted during Euro 2008 that Germany would beat Spain in final but Spain won.
Well, he was right this time around but jeez only God knows how he does it.
Re: Paul The Octopus Predicts Spain To Win World Cup by wealthlift(m): 12:36pm On Jul 12, 2010
@Akin Alabi,

I think you are wrong here.

Paul predicted that Spain would win, And so it was.

There has been no time he gave analysis of what form the winnings will be.

It's normal to play extra time in soccer when winning is a must for the match. So, he is right,

Give him that little credit, regardless of where his powers are coming from
Re: Paul The Octopus Predicts Spain To Win World Cup by mykali(m): 2:43pm On Jul 12, 2010
Paul is an Octopus?
An eight legged freak?
IT should be KILLED!!!
Re: Paul The Octopus Predicts Spain To Win World Cup by akinalabi(m): 9:53pm On Jul 12, 2010
wealthlift:

@Akin Alabi,

I think you are wrong here.

Paul predicted that Spain would win, And so it was.

There has been no time he gave analysis of what form the winnings will be.

It's normal to play extra time in soccer when winning is a must for the match. So, he is right,

Give him that little credit, regardless of where his powers are coming from

You sure didnt grab my gist with dayokanu.

Those that bet on Spain to win following paul LOST MONEY because in bookmaking terms, the
match ended in a draw.
Re: Paul The Octopus Predicts Spain To Win World Cup by wealthlift(m): 9:58pm On Jul 12, 2010
Now I understand you Mr. Akin,

How you dey?
Re: Paul The Octopus Predicts Spain To Win World Cup by obinna5000(m): 10:01pm On Jul 12, 2010
Paul the Octopus predicted only 8 matches and got all the 8 correctly. cool
Re: Paul The Octopus Predicts Spain To Win World Cup by oisehumen(m): 7:49am On Jul 13, 2010
obinna5000:

Paul the Octopus predicted only 8 matches and got all the 8 correctly. cool

But according to bookmakers, Spain did not win now.
So somehow, his prediction was wrong cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Paul The Octopus Predicts Spain To Win World Cup by wealthlift(m): 8:26am On Jul 13, 2010
@oisehumen,

I totally disagree with you,

If Spain didn't win, who then?,
Re: Paul The Octopus Predicts Spain To Win World Cup by oisehumen(m): 8:30am On Jul 13, 2010
@Wealthlift

Yes, Spain won but bookmakers lost money.
How do you reconcile that?
Re: Paul The Octopus Predicts Spain To Win World Cup by wealthlift(m): 8:36am On Jul 13, 2010
@oisehumen,

Bookmakers are just a tiny fraction of soccer enthusiasts. Hence, should not be used to judge the general performance.

What the average man in the street will tell you is that Spain won and no argument
Re: Paul The Octopus Predicts Spain To Win World Cup by oisehumen(m): 8:50am On Jul 13, 2010
wealthlift:

@oisehumen,

Bookmakers are just a tiny fraction of soccer enthusiasts. Hence, should not be used to judge the general performance.

What the average man in the street will tell you is that Spain won and no argument

Yeah, i understand for sure Spain won. They took away the cup plus $30 million
I wanted Holland to win that match.
Re: Paul The Octopus Predicts Spain To Win World Cup by obinna5000(m): 10:12am On Jul 13, 2010
@oisehumen
Paul the Octopus predicted Spain to beat Holland in the Final and the lovely sea creature got it correctly.
Re: Paul The Octopus Predicts Spain To Win World Cup by oisehumen(m): 10:23am On Jul 13, 2010
@Obinna5000

What is lovely in that ugly sea creature?
Abegiii
Re: Paul The Octopus Predicts Spain To Win World Cup by obinna5000(m): 10:52am On Jul 13, 2010
@oisehumen
To the Spanish team, Paul is lovely.
Re: Paul The Octopus Predicts Spain To Win World Cup by wealthlift(m): 11:37am On Jul 13, 2010
Not just to the Spanish alone, to diverse section of people
Re: Paul The Octopus Predicts Spain To Win World Cup by oisehumen(m): 11:55am On Jul 13, 2010
Come to think of guys, don't u think this yeye animal has some spiritual powers?
I think is not ordinary to predict 8 matches correctly.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ukah: “i Am Not A Mulatto! / Download Epl Video: Manchester United Vs Afc Bournemouth 1-1 Goals & Highlights / Ronaldinho Speaks On Coutinho’s Failed Move To Barcelona

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.