Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,101 members, 7,825,484 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 03:46 PM

Google Celebrates Nigeria's Independence Day [pics] - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Google Celebrates Nigeria's Independence Day [pics] (45262 Views)

Google Celebrates Nigeria At 60 With A Doodle / Google Celebrates Christmas With This Wonderful Doodle, Check It Out / Google Celebrates Nigeria Independence Day With Style (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's Independence Day [pics] by akeentech(m): 3:16am On Oct 01, 2018
Good one from Google:

Google digital skills for Africa training:

Time: 2pm

Date: OCT 1st, 2018

Venue: 24, Ogunlowo street off Awolowo way Ikeja Lagos

Come one come all
Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's Independence Day [pics] by Kingspin(m): 3:23am On Oct 01, 2018
Google hold it.
Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's Independence Day [pics] by HonAdeli(m): 3:28am On Oct 01, 2018
Happy Independence to our dear country but seriously I just hope we get independent one day and stop depending on other countries for support
Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's Independence Day [pics] by CoolAmbience(m): 3:29am On Oct 01, 2018
amaniro:
Stupid country

I am certain you aren't referring to Nigeria but yourself.
Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's Independence Day [pics] by surgical: 3:30am On Oct 01, 2018
Vikkie14:
A country is not stupid by the resources or land, it's the people living there that make up a country. And if the country is stupid by your definition, then, you're insinuating that the people living there are the stupid ones. You're part of what you described above but I know I'm not stupid, though there is an abundance of stupid people who called themselves leaders.
no it's the people that are stupid, the leaders knows what they are doing, it's the people who allow themselves to be taken advantage of that are stupid, those profiting from the foolishness can't be called stupid.

2 Likes

Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's Independence Day [pics] by Powermind: 3:34am On Oct 01, 2018
amaniro:
Stupid country

You are even more stupid
Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's Independence Day [pics] by Sleekfingers: 3:34am On Oct 01, 2018
royalamour:
Considering the Leah Sharibu's predicament, joblessness amongst ten's of millions of youths, the high level of insecurity (fulani, bokoharam, ritual killings, kidnapping, armed robberies etc), little or no access to start up funds, non payment of salaries by governors, fraud and all...

What is there to celebrate about our so called Independence?

I'm here with my heart in the mouth at 2:25 am, extremely scared about my safety because of robbers as a result of no security.

Everyday we hear about deaths of innocent citizens in the hands of robbers, ritualists, terrorists, demonic fulanis and all.

Too much hardship, extremely corrupt politicians and rotten government systems.

Why should we celebrate when the hope of getting a job is too slim?

Why should we celebrate when we won't be able to sleep later at night?

Why should we celebrate when bokoharam is still very active?

Why should we celebrate when all our politicians are demons?

Why should we celebrate when all the children of the elites are safe outside the shores of Nigeria while we are left here to face extreme dangers?

Why should we celebrate?

Why Nigeria?

I wish I have the resources to relocate to safer and more organized country. ...I wish.

You better calm down
Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's Independence Day [pics] by Sleekfingers: 3:36am On Oct 01, 2018
surgical:
no it's the people that are stupid, the leaders knows what they are doing, it's the people who allow themselves to be taken advantage of that are stupid, those profiting from the foolishness can't be called stupid.

Then who's stupid? ..
Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's Independence Day [pics] by tegafej(m): 3:37am On Oct 01, 2018
Shit hole country
Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's Independence Day [pics] by Lionofdjungle: 3:38am On Oct 01, 2018
Please what is there to celebrate in our independence? True, we got independence but we are still dependent. Neocolonialism is the order of the day.
Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's Independence Day [pics] by Nobody: 3:44am On Oct 01, 2018
LIST OF MINIMUM WAGES BY COUNTRIES OF THE WORLD.

1. Nigeria - $38 (N18,000).
2. Algeria - $175 (N83,000).
3. Belgium - $1,738 (N810,000).
4. Cameroon - 36, 270CFA ($75) N38,000.
5. Chad - $120 (N60,000).
6. Denmark - $1,820 (N900,000).
7. Libya - $430 (N190,000).
8. Japan - $1000 (N450,000).
9. Cote D'ivoire -36,607CFA $72.
10. New Zealand -$3,187 (N1.4m).
11. Luxemburg - $2,500 (N1.1m).
12. Spain - $760. (N300,000).
13. Switzerland - $5,620 - N2.5m.
14. USA - $11 per hour.

Ironically, Nigeria politicians earn the highest salaries the whole world.

In Luxemburg where minimum wage is $2,500, their lawmakers are paid $7,400. In Libya where minimum wage is $430, lawmakers earn $3000.

In Nigeria where minimum wage is $38 (N18,000), lawmakers earn $65,000 (N29m).

The Geo-political structure and the constitution of the country is skewed in favour of the political elites.

Pension of ex-governors and their deputies cost Nigeria N46 Billion per annum. Some even earn this humongous amount while occupying other political seats.

How long will this continue
Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's Independence Day [pics] by vioment: 3:49am On Oct 01, 2018
Good courtesy but it is not that way in jand rite now when you open google.
Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's Independence Day [pics] by vioment: 3:52am On Oct 01, 2018
rapsodeep:
LIST OF MINIMUM WAGES BY COUNTRIES OF THE WORLD.

1. Nigeria - $38 (N18,000).
2. Algeria - $175 (N83,000).
3. Belgium - $1,738 (N810,000).
4. Cameroon - 36, 270CFA ($75) N38,000.
5. Chad - $120 (N60,000).
6. Denmark - $1,820 (N900,000).
7. Libya - $430 (N190,000).
8. Japan - $1000 (N450,000).
9. Cote D'ivoire -36,607CFA $72.
10. New Zealand -$3,187 (N1.4m).
11. Luxemburg - $2,500 (N1.1m).
12. Spain - $760. (N300,000).
13. Switzerland - $5,620 - N2.5m.
14. USA - $11 per hour.

Ironically, Nigeria politicians earn the highest salaries the whole world.

In Luxemburg where minimum wage is $2,500, their lawmakers are paid $7,400. In Libya where minimum wage is $430, lawmakers earn $3000.

In Nigeria where minimum wage is $38 (N18,000), lawmakers earn $65,000 (N29m).

The Geo-political structure and the constitution of the country is skewed in favour of the political elites.

Pension of ex-governors and their deputies cost Nigeria N46 Billion per annum. Some even earn this humongous amount while occupying other political seats.

How long will this continue

Nigeria dun really suffer. Baba God abeg help this nigeria wey you give abundance.
Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's Independence Day [pics] by drizlad(m): 4:02am On Oct 01, 2018
one of the greatest misery that can befall a man is being a Nigerian citizen
Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's Independence Day [pics] by ipobarecriminals: 4:04am On Oct 01, 2018
coolHappy new month Nairalanders.No Evil shall befall us/any plague cum near our dwelling place. In this election season, pls stay away from trouble..May we not be victim /food for blood sucker/flesh eaters wish all Angelic divine protection All Igbos shud embrace peace.Shun evil
Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's Independence Day [pics] by berghaya: 4:05am On Oct 01, 2018
conductor120:
LMAO. Zombies are going to add this to one of Mr. Lifeless' numerous achievements cheesy

lol you are so mean
Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's Independence Day [pics] by Small080(m): 4:07am On Oct 01, 2018
Who nigeria epp? Electricity 0.0, security CAPITAL NO, Work F9..... Independent ko independent ni
Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's Independence Day [pics] by yazach: 4:08am On Oct 01, 2018
amaniro:
Stupid country

Lifeless anonymous Ipob
Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's Independence Day [pics] by Gkay1(m): 4:16am On Oct 01, 2018
thank u
Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's Independence Day [pics] by mamawin(f): 4:39am On Oct 01, 2018
royalamour:
Considering the Leah Sharibu's predicament, joblessness amongst ten's of millions of youths, the high level of insecurity (fulani, bokoharam, ritual killings, kidnapping, armed robberies etc), little or no access to start up funds, non payment of salaries by governors, fraud and all...

What is there to celebrate about our so called Independence?

I'm here with my heart in the mouth at 2:25 am, extremely scared about my safety because of robbers as a result of no security.

Everyday we hear about deaths of innocent citizens in the hands of robbers, ritualists, terrorists, demonic fulanis and all.

Too much hardship, extremely corrupt politicians and rotten government systems.

Why should we celebrate when the hope of getting a job is too slim?

Why should we celebrate when we won't be able to sleep later at night?

Why should we celebrate when bokoharam is still very active?

Why should we celebrate when all our politicians are demons?

Why should we celebrate when all the children of the elites are safe outside the shores of Nigeria while we are left here to face extreme dangers?

Why should we celebrate?

Why Nigeria?

I wish I have the resources to relocate to safer and more organized country. ...I wish.
You are not alone
Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's Independence Day [pics] by mamawin(f): 4:45am On Oct 01, 2018
Tejiri41:
This is not correct pls. I was also viewing the tread.
lol. Until you comment... You are only viewing
Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's Independence Day [pics] by Jaqenhghar: 5:02am On Oct 01, 2018
surgical:
Well said
Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's Independence Day [pics] by israelmao(m): 5:11am On Oct 01, 2018
Nigeria is still grapple 3400MW-4000MW power generation.What an absurdity!
Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's Independence Day [pics] by babadeee(m): 5:23am On Oct 01, 2018
Mtcheew why are they Celebrating the confused Country cry angry
Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's Independence Day [pics] by computerglobal(m): 5:34am On Oct 01, 2018
Hisxellency:
Nice Gesture from Google... Happy Independence Day to the lovers of Democracy
Happy independence day
Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's Independence Day [pics] by Olacharles: 5:35am On Oct 01, 2018
Nigeria: Beautiful country with good people led by clueless, selfish and incompetent leaders!
Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's Independence Day [pics] by CHRISDMANAGER(m): 6:00am On Oct 01, 2018
58 years old baby still wearing pampars;a country where almost 70% if not more than are poor,a country where there is lack of security and zero value for human life,a country where the law has double interpretation-for the rich and the poor,a country that cannot even produce tooth-pick after 58years ,a country where one goes to school,graduate and still spend almost same year spent in higher institution to search for job whereas one bingo who has not even graduated ,has a job retained for him/her,a country that cannot boast of any working institution:from NEPA (now privatised accross regions),to NPF ,to INEC to any one you can think of and you think independence day should be celebrated in this hell on earth,no way!!

People say Amirican's are patriotic by saying "I love my country always",now the question to all patriotic citizens of this country ,can we use the same sentence to profess our love for Nigeria in the reality on ground, i believe your Answer will be hell "no"..Please i think Nigeria should be recolonized until we get to know how an institution inform of a state work...

NB-Don't quote me to say nonsense because i will give you Sen. Itang kind of bite ..

2 Likes

Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's Independence Day [pics] by emperorblog(m): 6:05am On Oct 01, 2018
nonsense country with corrupt leader

Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's Independence Day [pics] by qwertyboss(m): 6:05am On Oct 01, 2018
[i]Haters Gonna Hate!!![/i]Nigeria
@58_#GodBlessNaija
Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's Independence Day [pics] by Wazzaowner(m): 6:15am On Oct 01, 2018
sibb2011:
No matter how bad it is, my country is still the best. Happy Independent day to Nigerians.

The best what? Are you high on some cheap weed?
Re: Google Celebrates Nigeria's Independence Day [pics] by Mannygoulding(m): 6:15am On Oct 01, 2018
hyfr:
The only thing we’re celebrating after 58 solid years, is having the best JOLLOF rice. And our youths are ranting on Twitter and IG about this insanity.

I curse the day, this company called Nigeria was formed and I curse all the stake holders

You have big eyes noticing our finesse when it comes to jollof

but

ur curse no dey go anywhere finally

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

10 Strange Website Nigerians Visit Everyday- Mr Rights / What Are Your Fav Websites You Go When Bored / Smf Vs Vbulletin Vs Phpbb

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.