Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,679 members, 7,813,262 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:52 AM

Ambode, Sanwo-olu And Gbagada General Hospital’s Breach Of Hippocratic Oath - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ambode, Sanwo-olu And Gbagada General Hospital’s Breach Of Hippocratic Oath (54989 Views)

The Men Behind The Lagos Metro Rail. Tinubu, Fashola, Ambode, Sanwo Olu. Picture / Tinubu, Fashola, Ambode, Sanwo-Olu: 12th,13th,14th &15th Governors Of Lagos / Buhari, Ambode, Sanwo-olu Collapse Campaign Teams, Float ICG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ambode, Sanwo-olu And Gbagada General Hospital’s Breach Of Hippocratic Oath by Nobody: 2:20pm On Oct 01, 2018
statusquoante:

How?
Did he lie

Probably not. But it shows him as petty and ineffective. How can he employ such a man in his cabinet. I hear the man he's trying to tarnish his image holds some important post in his government.

That's a blight on the governor too. It's a double edged sword that cuts both ways.
Re: Ambode, Sanwo-olu And Gbagada General Hospital’s Breach Of Hippocratic Oath by Nauttyprof(m): 2:25pm On Oct 01, 2018
bonechamberlain:
undecided at the end Ambode would still be APC governorship candidate. left for tinubu, he would have decamped or formed another party with sanwo Olu as governorship candidate. but can't do that because of buhari and his cabals.
tinubu was a godfather to be reckoned with under PDP Federal government, but under his own party Apc federal govt, he is being tamed every minute and might loose relevance.
There is a lesson here.

There is nothing like being tamed here. The elders in Lagos APC are all against Ambode even Tinubu’s enemies back then who felt cheated for choosing Ambode as the party's candidate.

If he is being tamed, how come Ambode has no rest of mind and he is running here and there just to secure his seat.

Ambode to me is not politically sound.

1 Like

Re: Ambode, Sanwo-olu And Gbagada General Hospital’s Breach Of Hippocratic Oath by bonechamberlain(m): 2:29pm On Oct 01, 2018
Nauttyprof:

There is nothing like being tamed here. The elders in Lagos APC are all against Ambode even Tinubu’s enemies back then who felt cheated for choosing Ambode as the party's candidate.

If he is being tamed, how come Ambode has no rest of mind and he is running here and there just to secure his seat.

Ambode to me is not politically sound.
of cause he is not politically sound, that's why he was chosen by bat. the taming is not from Lagos but Abuja. with the way its going, ambode might loose out, but tinubu would not have heavy influence on the party like before.
Re: Ambode, Sanwo-olu And Gbagada General Hospital’s Breach Of Hippocratic Oath by deomelo: 2:30pm On Oct 01, 2018
babadee1:
Sadly there is no law specifically protecting patient records in Nigeria so no law would have been breached in revealing any clinical records from Gbagada general hospital in this case. Also it's unlikely the person who leaked the information was a doctor so the Hippocratic oath was not breached either.

Confidentiality

26. (1) All information concerning a user, including information relating to his or her health status, treatment or stay in a health establishment is confidential.

(2) Subject to section 27, no person may disclose any information contemplated in subsection (1) unless-

(a) the user consents to that disclosure in writing;

(b) a court order or any law requires that disclosure; or

(i) in the case of a minor with the request of a parent or guardian; and

(ii) in the case of a person who is otherwise unable to grant consent upon the request of a guardian or representative.

(c) non-disclosure of the information represents a serious threat to public health.

Protection of Health Records.

29. (1) The person in charge of a health establishment who is in possession of a user's health records shall set up control measures to prevent unauthorised access to those records and to the storage facility in which, or system by which, records are kept.

(2) Any person who-

(a) fails to perform a duty imposed on them under subsection (1);

(b) falsifies any record by adding to or deleting or changing any information contained in that record;

(c) creates, changes or destroys a record without authority to do so;

(d) fails to create or change a record when properly required to do so;

(e) provides false information with the intent that it be included in a record;

(f) without authority, copies any part of a record;

(g) without authority, connects the personal identification elements of a user's record with any element of that record that concerns the user's condition, treatment or history;

(h) gains unauthorised access to a record or record-keeping system, including intercepting information being transmitted from one person, or one part of a record-keeping system, to another;

(i) without authority, connects any part of a computer or other electronic system on which records are kept to-

(i) any other computer or other electronic system; or

(ii) any terminal or other installation connected to or forming part of any other computer or other electronic system; or

(j) without authority, modifies or impairs the operation of-

(i) any part of the operating system of a computer or other electronic system on which a user's records are kept; or

(ii) any part of the programme used to record, store, retrieve or display information on a computer or other electronic system on which a user's records are kept:

commits an offence and is liable on conviction to imprisonment for a period not exceeding two years or to a fine of N250,000.00 or both.

http://lawnigeria.com/LawsoftheFederation/National-Health-Act,-2014.html

No, we do have laws designed to protect health information in Nigeria and unauthorized release is a criminal offense.

Obviously, Ambode broke the law and the fact that a sitting governor and the chief law enforcement officer of the state not only broke the law but did so on live TV was disheartening.

Ambode's action revealed a major character flaw, diminished temperament and lack of mental fitness.

It's up to Sanwo Olu to legally go after Ambode, but I'm sure he won't, he'll just keep taking the moral high ground

Right now, Ambode is a law breaker
Re: Ambode, Sanwo-olu And Gbagada General Hospital’s Breach Of Hippocratic Oath by Bjergtrolde: 2:41pm On Oct 01, 2018
Daniyke88:
" Into whatever houses I enter…whatever, in connection with my professional practice or not, in connection with it, I see or hear, in the life of men, which ought not to be spoken of abroad, I will not divulge, as reckoning that all such should be kept secret”

The inference above is the medical Hippocratic oath of secrecy that protects the rights of patients and their medical records from being divulged to a third party. Health and ill-health is often a deeply personal journey and the fear of stigma and shame keeps many sufferers from seeking medical attention. So it is of the utmost importance that personal information shared remains between the patient and the care giver.

https://newsdey.com/2018/10/ambode-sanwo-olu-and-gbagada-general-hospitals-breach-of-hippocratic-oath/

Have you considered that the information could have come from a family member or friend?
Re: Ambode, Sanwo-olu And Gbagada General Hospital’s Breach Of Hippocratic Oath by babadee1(m): 2:41pm On Oct 01, 2018
deomelo:

No, we do have laws designed to protect health information in Nigeria and unauthorized release is a criminal offense.

Obviously, Ambode broke the law and the fact that a sitting governor and the chief law enforcement officer of the state not only broke the law but did so on live TV was disheartening.

Ambode's action revealed a major character flaw, diminished temperament and lack of mental fitness.

It's up to Sanwo Olu to legally go after Ambode, but I'm sure he won't, he'll just keep taking the moral high ground.

Rigjht now,Ambode is a law breaker

This is very interesting. Thanks for the info. The bottom line is that Ambode lacks character otherwise he would not have descended to such a low level to fight dirty.

1 Like

Re: Ambode, Sanwo-olu And Gbagada General Hospital’s Breach Of Hippocratic Oath by deomelo: 2:45pm On Oct 01, 2018
Bjergtrolde:

Have you considered that the information could have come from a family member or friend?

Ambode released the info regardless of how it was obtained.
Re: Ambode, Sanwo-olu And Gbagada General Hospital’s Breach Of Hippocratic Oath by deomelo: 2:51pm On Oct 01, 2018
babadee1:

This is very interesting. Thanks for the info. The bottom line is that Ambode lacks character otherwise he would not have descended to such a low level to fight dirty.

That was poor judgment on his part and this is nothing new, I remember how he released official state documents and info to attack and destroy Fashola.

The man is not only incompetent, but he's also a public nuisance. He broke the law and yet to be thrown out of office and arrested because Nigeria is a lawless country where privileged lawbreakers are ignored.
Re: Ambode, Sanwo-olu And Gbagada General Hospital’s Breach Of Hippocratic Oath by statusquoante: 3:05pm On Oct 01, 2018
Ioannes:

Probably not. But it shows him as petty and ineffective. How can he employ such a man in his cabinet. I hear the man he's trying to tarnish his image holds some important post in his government.

That's a blight on the governor too. It's a double edged sword that cuts both ways.

That's the Tinubu godfather effect.
Tinubu made most of the appointments.
Expect a more independent Ambode in his second term.
Re: Ambode, Sanwo-olu And Gbagada General Hospital’s Breach Of Hippocratic Oath by Bjergtrolde: 3:05pm On Oct 01, 2018
deomelo:

Ambode released the info regardless of how it was obtained.

I am not aware of any where it says you cannot release any information already available in public domain.
Re: Ambode, Sanwo-olu And Gbagada General Hospital’s Breach Of Hippocratic Oath by 12345baba(m): 3:22pm On Oct 01, 2018
MAD MAN WAN RULE LAGOS
Re: Ambode, Sanwo-olu And Gbagada General Hospital’s Breach Of Hippocratic Oath by deomelo: 3:31pm On Oct 01, 2018
Bjergtrolde:

I am not aware of any where it says you cannot release any information already available in public domain.

If you are going to come up with such lame and ignorant excuse, shouldn't you first at least prove or show us facts that it was in the public domain.

Btw, regardless how the info was obtained, it's still against the law to release it.

Stop coming up with ignorant and irrelevant excuses to justify a lawless and criminal act
Re: Ambode, Sanwo-olu And Gbagada General Hospital’s Breach Of Hippocratic Oath by annnikky(f): 3:36pm On Oct 01, 2018
bareal:

Oga... I am only enjoying the drama. They are all a bunch of selfish people.
cheesy cheesy thats ur governor u are talking about bare tongue
Re: Ambode, Sanwo-olu And Gbagada General Hospital’s Breach Of Hippocratic Oath by Oolawepo(m): 3:41pm On Oct 01, 2018
livinbygrace:
Ambode is very stupid for making such accusation against his opponents.He has shown not to be a good politician and should get ready to leave that office .We should also remind him of how he squandered tax payers money on his mistresses and recently purchase a house for Mercy Aigbe recently in lekki while abandoning Many project including Lagos Badagry axis.
You can only deceive the gullible followers but can’t deceive us .We are ready for you and you are leaving that office soon.
You must also be stupid for making such comment. He's the governor of Lagos state and the powers are still with him. Tinubu and his cohorts are trying to ridicule him and he must use what he has to fight back. Politics in Nigeria is dirty so one is exempted. If tinubu's camp have such previledge they will also use it against ambode.
Re: Ambode, Sanwo-olu And Gbagada General Hospital’s Breach Of Hippocratic Oath by Oolawepo(m): 3:44pm On Oct 01, 2018
thatigboman:
A well known drug mafia ordained a mental patient to govern a state like lagos. And u say ambode should keep quiet about it?
God bless. His using what he has to get what he wants. Naija politics is dirty the same manner fed govt is using the police and military to actualise their motives

1 Like

Re: Ambode, Sanwo-olu And Gbagada General Hospital’s Breach Of Hippocratic Oath by Oolawepo(m): 3:45pm On Oct 01, 2018
drkay:
I'm sure that the medical record officer that dig Sanwo-Olu's file out didn't take the oat because its not meant for him neither was it meant for an accountant like Ambode.
Leave physicians oat out of this dirty politics abeg, Ambode isn't a Doctor.
Good.
Re: Ambode, Sanwo-olu And Gbagada General Hospital’s Breach Of Hippocratic Oath by Bjergtrolde: 3:50pm On Oct 01, 2018
deomelo:

If you are going to come up with such lame and ignorant excuse, shouldn't you first at least prove or show us facts that it was in the public domain.

Btw, regardless how the info was obtained, it's still against the law to release it.

Stop coming up with ignorant and irrelevant excuses to justify a lawless and criminal act

Why are you taking this personal? Did I hit a sore nerve? any way, have a lovely day.
Re: Ambode, Sanwo-olu And Gbagada General Hospital’s Breach Of Hippocratic Oath by mudiana(m): 3:56pm On Oct 01, 2018
livinbygrace:

I guess you should ask your parent where they were in 1971 before you spewed that trash.
so you are a big baby? This is what happens when you allow somebody to be calling you baby often. Learn politics CHILD!!!
Re: Ambode, Sanwo-olu And Gbagada General Hospital’s Breach Of Hippocratic Oath by OfficialAPCNig: 3:58pm On Oct 01, 2018
ebenco2000:
you guys are just yearning nonsense, the person with mental case is Ambode himself. Sanwolu was the MD of Lagos State Property development corporation under the same government, why didn't mental case Ambode say anything then. Ambode is a drowning man and he knows it, he is just trying to drag as many pple in the mud b4 he leaves but he is forgetting that even though Fashola didnt like him, Fashola was matured enough to still campaign for the idiot. this is a fight he cant win, he should carry his big head back to Epe .
Deny him ticket and he would move to PDP and there is nothing you guys would do about it.

Start impeachment process and he would block it at the court and the process would continue until after election next year and if it manages to get to the Supreme court, PDP would kill it there.

Fools.
Re: Ambode, Sanwo-olu And Gbagada General Hospital’s Breach Of Hippocratic Oath by deomelo: 4:07pm On Oct 01, 2018
Bjergtrolde:

Why are you taking this personal? Did I hit a sore nerve? any way, have a lovely day.

Nothing personal, just letting you know that ignorance is not and can never be an excuse in any court of law.

You can not break the law and defend yourself by saying other people did first before you.

It's like saying you stole and you shouldn't be punished for stealing because other people stole too.

Ambode broke the law, he committed a criminal offense.

Privileged people like Ambode won't go to jail, but you will for 2 long years.
Re: Ambode, Sanwo-olu And Gbagada General Hospital’s Breach Of Hippocratic Oath by Bjergtrolde: 4:13pm On Oct 01, 2018
deomelo:

Nothing personal, just letting you know that ignorance is not and can never be an excuse in any court of law.

You can not break the law and defend yourself by saying other people did first before you.

It's like saying you stole and you shouldn't be punished for stealing because other people stole too.

Ambode broke the law, he committed a criminal offense.

Privileged people like Ambode won't go to jail, but you will for 2 long years.

You keep saying its against the law but you are yet to quote which section of the statutes he broke. Unfortunately, he did not take any oath to protect patient confidentiality and so he broke no law.
Re: Ambode, Sanwo-olu And Gbagada General Hospital’s Breach Of Hippocratic Oath by deomelo: 4:21pm On Oct 01, 2018
Bjergtrolde:

You keep saying its against the law but you are yet to quote which section of the statutes he broke. Unfortunately, he did not take any oath to protect patient confidentiality and so he broke no law.

I posted the statute already and I'm sure you read it because you quoted it.

Ambode swore to protect the laws of the land, sorry to say again, this is another ignorant excuse to justify criminal behavior.

He unlawfully released a protected medical info and even asked the general population to go to gbagada hospital to illegally look and obtain protected health information.

That was reckless, unethical, and illegal.

1 Like

Re: Ambode, Sanwo-olu And Gbagada General Hospital’s Breach Of Hippocratic Oath by mechanics(m): 4:22pm On Oct 01, 2018
But he said he was never admitted in the hospital.
Re: Ambode, Sanwo-olu And Gbagada General Hospital’s Breach Of Hippocratic Oath by kjhova(m): 4:26pm On Oct 01, 2018
annnikky:
So in essence what u guyz are saying is that ambode was right all along that the man was mentally unstable shocked

To my best knowledge, Gbagada General does not have the equipment nor the personnel for handling mental health issues. They will normally refer such patients to Yaba.

I don't see how one can cover Ambode in clean clothes on this one as he clearly abused his esteemed office to peddle a fellow citizen's medical records in public.

There is room here for litigation against Ambode as a person, The office of Governor of Lagos State and Gbagada General as well as their Medical Director and / or heads of records.

2 Likes

Re: Ambode, Sanwo-olu And Gbagada General Hospital’s Breach Of Hippocratic Oath by rhektor(m): 4:52pm On Oct 01, 2018
israelmao:
If Buhari can rule "certificatelessly" so tell me what can happen in Nigeria.

Certificatelessly? Is that a new English word? shocked shocked shocked
Re: Ambode, Sanwo-olu And Gbagada General Hospital’s Breach Of Hippocratic Oath by Nobody: 6:43pm On Oct 01, 2018
statusquoante:

That's the Tinubu godfather effect.
Tinubu made most of the appointments.
Expect a more independent Ambode in his second term.

If he wins bro. And that's a big if.
Re: Ambode, Sanwo-olu And Gbagada General Hospital’s Breach Of Hippocratic Oath by rayobaba(m): 7:39pm On Oct 01, 2018
US does more
Paollo:
Now they are playing dirty
Re: Ambode, Sanwo-olu And Gbagada General Hospital’s Breach Of Hippocratic Oath by bareal(m): 8:24pm On Oct 01, 2018
annnikky:

cheesy cheesy thats ur governor u are talking about bare tongue

Who's your governor? A crack head?

Tufiakwa
Re: Ambode, Sanwo-olu And Gbagada General Hospital’s Breach Of Hippocratic Oath by Nobody: 8:38pm On Oct 01, 2018
This Sanwo-olu guy looks like a druggie, true true grin
Re: Ambode, Sanwo-olu And Gbagada General Hospital’s Breach Of Hippocratic Oath by Babateemd: 9:44pm On Oct 01, 2018
amanikondo:

You are uneducated.
educate me, please ? Applying Hippocratic oath to Ambode is illogical. he is not a medical doctor and he didn't say the Doctors gave it to him. Never mind, you are too uncouth to even make a logical statement.
Re: Ambode, Sanwo-olu And Gbagada General Hospital’s Breach Of Hippocratic Oath by Trustworthiness: 11:47pm On Oct 01, 2018
Kwamecron:
grin
No wonder Ambode want die to the Clift of governance, the Altitude of his wife to overwhelmed of power abusing relative ppl and reverend show how derailed their family his. Ambode, u are a gunners

What do you expect from a grown up kid that just want money for clubbing and using English to fool the gullible one.
The guy lacks the wisdom of a leader and have no vision of what a leader is expected to do for his people.
He does not understand what governance really means. He doesn't understand that governance is about continuity.
He just an egoistic big baby.
Re: Ambode, Sanwo-olu And Gbagada General Hospital’s Breach Of Hippocratic Oath by tomdon(m): 11:54pm On Oct 01, 2018
Good

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

This Is Abuja For The Next 8 Years. Picture. / Yinka Odumakin Is Dead / Peter Obi And Wife, Margaret At Okey Mmuo Aroh Church Wedding In New York

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.