Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,414 members, 7,861,165 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 05:16 AM

Our Role As Youths In The Race To The New Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Our Role As Youths In The Race To The New Nigeria (237 Views)

"City Boy" Rally In Abuja As Youths Campaign For Tinubu (Photos) / Tinubu: Nigerians Have Seen Ancestors Dressing As Youths Before - Adeyanju / Lawan: Those Who Elected Us Don’t Know Our Role (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Our Role As Youths In The Race To The New Nigeria by Figoinc(m): 11:22am On Oct 01, 2018
The promise of the Nigerian youths being the leaders of tomorrow and the future of this nation is forever going to be a lie and will never come to pass if we are waiting for these old and recycled politicians to hand over power to us willingly.

Whatever we do not confront will forever remain our experience. These old "leaders" will never leave the reins of power unless we rise up to fight and take back our rights. And by fight, I do not mean by violence or war.

The truth is, many men are not slaves because one man is an oppressor; one man is an oppressor because many men have chosen to remain slaves. It's an unfortunate situation, but that is the story of our Nigerian youths and I will prove it to you.

We take stolen money in the name of trying to "hammer" and we offer services that we know its end will further enslave us, our loved ones, our friends, our families and ultimately mortgage Nigeria's destiny. We are like the biblical Esau, we sell our birthrights on a daily basis for an ordinary bowl of pottage.

To a large extent, it is evident that a lot of us no longer care about the outcome of this nation. We choose to be selfish, going about our day to day business as if our jobs or business will remain if Nigeria suffers destruction. We fail to understand that whatever touches Nigeria touches us and whatever it is that we do to bring bread to our tables.

Today, these politicians are now in the business of pushing propagandas in order to discredit and destroy any worthy attempt to birth a New Nigeria. And guess who they hire to promote their wickedness? You and me, youths who are gifted and talented in the use of words, graphics and technology.

When they want to steal ballot boxes, rig elections and initiate violence when things don't go their way, who do they hire? You and me, youths that are known for strength and physical ability. They pay us and we run their wicked errands while their children flourish abroad.

We are happy we have connections to corrupt politicians and we are happy to eat from the crumbs that fall from their tables. Instead of demanding for our rights, we have chosen rather to beg for what rightly belongs to us.

Alas, we are slaves because we have chosen to remain slaves. These old and corrupt politicians are our masters today because we have aided them. We have chosen to be a part of the problem rather than be a part of the solution. This is the story of our Nigerian youths.

Today, being our 58th Independence Anniversary is not just a day to celebrate but a day to ask ourselves soul-searching questions on how we can be a part of the solution instead of being a part of the problem in this race to a New Nigeria.

I have a few ideas:

Turn your passion, talents, expertise and skill into a weapon to frustrate every plan to further enslave us and our nation. Write if you can, design if you can, act if you can, mobilize people if you can, influence others if you can. Use all that you are good at to propagate the movement towards the New Nigeria but not against it.

Most of us have great number of followers online and offline, people who will jump if we ask them to because they know, like and trust us and our judgements. Let's influence them to take actions that will promote the New Nigeria dream instead of remaining mute as if we are strangers in our own land.

Most of us also have deep pockets. We can use our money to support good causes, projects and candidates who share our values and hope for the New Nigeria. Let's get involved in anyway we can no matter how small the amount may be.

Each and everyone of us have relationships with people. Let's get our loved ones involved, let's get our family members involved, let's get our friends involved. Let's get our employees, customers and dependants involved. Let's get our businesses, our churches, and our treasured connections involved. Otherwise, I fear that our children and generations to come will inherit poverty, chaos and war.

Insanity, Albert Einstein did say, is doing the same thing over and again and expecting a different result. Until we change our thoughts and actions, Nigeria won't change.

We must understand that the New Nigeria dream will forever remain pregnant unless you and I contribute to her delivery. It will forever remain a dream unless you and I wake up to bring it to reality. It will forever remain impossible unless you and I make it possible.

Let us arise as compatriots and let's all obey the clarion call for the New Nigeria. Let's do all we can as youths to take back the remnants of our fatherland. The labour of our heroes past should never be in vain. Let us serve our nation with all our heart and might so that once again we can have a nation that is bound in freedom, in peace, in prosperity and in unity.

Happy 58th Independence Anniversary.

God bless you, and God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

Effiong Edentekhe
The Word Carpenter
The New Nigeria Series

Re: Our Role As Youths In The Race To The New Nigeria by SolutionMee: 11:26am On Oct 01, 2018
cheesy
This is quite informative. I'm a Tech nerd. My only contribution is to go back home and pioneer a scientific revolution. With that done, Nigeria will no longer be recognized as a third-world country. But my only concern is that Nigerians doesn't celebrate their own. I can't make such a huge sacrifice and ended up seeing my products being unused. The pay here in America wouldn't let me do that also. For now, I'll always remember Nigeria in my prayers.
Re: Our Role As Youths In The Race To The New Nigeria by Figoinc(m): 10:17am On Oct 05, 2018
SolutionMee:
cheesy
This is quite informative. I'm a Tech nerd. My only contribution is to go back home and pioneer a scientific revolution. With that done, Nigeria will no longer be recognized as a third-world country. But my only concern is that Nigerians doesn't celebrate their own. I can't make such a huge sacrifice and ended up seeing my products being unused. The pay here in America wouldn't let me do that also. For now, I'll always remember Nigeria in my prayers.

This is exactly why we need a New Nigeria. The New Nigeria is possible. We cannot continue being slaves in a land where we are supposed to be free.

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Reacts To Death Of Sen. Dafinone, Okogwu / Ambode Vs Sanwo Olu / Delegates: Hope For 2019 Presidential Victory-toba Owojaiye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.