Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,501 members, 7,819,818 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:41 AM

Updates On Independence Day 2018 (comment How You Feel About Oct 1st 18 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Updates On Independence Day 2018 (comment How You Feel About Oct 1st 18 (222 Views)

Looters Comment: How Senators Forced Oshiomhole To Eat The Humble Pie / Oct 1st 1960: Last Lowering Of The Union Jack - Akano Salaudeen Historic Role / Speaker Gbajabiamila Wearing Bulletproof Vest On Independence Day? (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Updates On Independence Day 2018 (comment How You Feel About Oct 1st 18 by otamiri2: 4:14pm On Oct 01, 2018
How we feel about today

SHOULD NIGERIA �� CELEBRATE +1?

Independence in 1960 was meant to liberate us from colonial rule, but it appears 58 years down the line, we are the ones enslaving ourselves.

Independence in 1960 was meant to give us the opportunity to lead ourselves, but it has turned out 58 years later, that we are only ruling ourselves.

Independence in 1960 was meant to give us the opportunity to live the Nigeria of our dreams, however, 58 years down the line, we can't even dream again.

Independence in 1960 was meant to give us wings to fly as eagles and get the envy of the Western and Eastern countries, 58 years down the line, the only thing we get from them is aid and pity.

Is there hope?
Is there hope at all?
Is there hope at all for this country?

Yes, there is hope because I'm here.
There is hope because you're here.
There is hope because you and I will deliver the Nigeria of our dreams and live in it.

Nigeria should celebrate +1 because there is hope and that HOPE is ME.

#Tag_a_Nigerian
#Hope_is_ME
#I_am_the_hope_for_this_country

Credit: Frank Samuel C
Re: Updates On Independence Day 2018 (comment How You Feel About Oct 1st 18 by Valro(m): 4:18pm On Oct 01, 2018
The day that reminds me that we have never gotten it right from the beginning.
Nigeria doesn't deserve independence from the Brits when we are not free from ourselves
Re: Updates On Independence Day 2018 (comment How You Feel About Oct 1st 18 by EnglishUsa: 4:21pm On Oct 01, 2018
We feel like killing ourselves and run away from Nigeria to abuja shocked
Re: Updates On Independence Day 2018 (comment How You Feel About Oct 1st 18 by Christianokaro(m): 4:28pm On Oct 01, 2018
I honestly don't see what we should be celebrating today
Re: Updates On Independence Day 2018 (comment How You Feel About Oct 1st 18 by johnlvis(m): 5:17pm On Oct 01, 2018
Nigeria that u are free but always in chain of poverty .
Re: Updates On Independence Day 2018 (comment How You Feel About Oct 1st 18 by budaatum: 6:30pm On Oct 01, 2018
I have a lot of belief in you all. If you are not free yet, you will be one day. When the burden enslaving you is so tight a round your necks, you will stand up and say "enough!"

Meanwhile, happy independence (for the tiny amount of it we currently have).
Re: Updates On Independence Day 2018 (comment How You Feel About Oct 1st 18 by otamiri2: 11:16am On Oct 02, 2018
the day I don't think is right to remeber

(1) (Reply)

Functionality Of Nigeria System / Lagosapcprimaries -there Is No Voting Yet, NWC Panel Chief / Fayose Threaten To Sue EFCC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.