Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,222 members, 7,836,069 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:23 PM

Survey On Househelp Employment - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Survey On Househelp Employment (1284 Views)

My Househelp Stubbornly Answers Phone Call When Cooking Using Gas Cylinder / I Confessed To Our Househelp Before She Left Us. / “A Househelp Is Employed To Work Not To Go To School” - Lady On Twitter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Survey On Househelp Employment by Assist23: 4:50pm On Oct 01, 2018
Dear friends, I need your help with this survey please.

I am trying to do a study on our methods of engaging househelps and managing them

Please this is a no judgement zone. Kindly answer honestly as it will really help my research.

Thank you very much in anticipation of your assistance

No judgment, No attacking other people's opinions:

1. What age range do we feel is ideal for a househelp?

2. What do you think is a fair salary?

3. What measures should be taken to prevent possibility of crime by the househelp or Nanny?

4. What do you think constitutes abuse on the Nanny or househelp ( Where does correction stop and abuse starts? Eg, is it okay to slap, spank, verbally scold?) ?

5. Would you take a househelp for deliverance before engaging her?

Thank you very much
Re: Survey On Househelp Employment by dingbang(m): 5:00pm On Oct 01, 2018
1. The age range I feel that is ideal for a nanny is 30-55 years.

2. Fair salary depends on how kind the employer is. For me, If I had a high paid job, I would pay the person 40-50k every month.

1. Thorough Background study of the househelp

2. Undertaking by the nanny to be of good conduct

4. On no account should a nanny be physically abused, rather sanctions should be applied to her salary

5. There is no need for that, I'd rather take the nanny to a prison for a visit.
Re: Survey On Househelp Employment by Assist23: 5:05pm On Oct 01, 2018
dingbang:
1. The age range I feel that is ideal for a nanny is 30-55 years.

2. Fair salary depends on how kind the employer is. For me, If I had a decent job, I would pay the person 40-50k every month.

1. Thorough Background study of the househelp

2. Undertaking by the nanny to be of good conduct

4. On no account should a nanny be physically abused, rather sanctions should be applied to her salary

5. There is no need for that, I'd rather take the nanny to a prison for a visit.

Thank you so much for your response
Re: Survey On Househelp Employment by Eketem: 12:18pm On Oct 02, 2018
1. 18- 26

2. N18,000 and above

3. Background check, BVN check, register them in a police station as domestic staff

4. No hitting, caution as I would any employee

5. No. My boss cannot take me for deliverance
Re: Survey On Househelp Employment by Assist23: 12:02pm On Oct 05, 2018
I am so sorry for mentioning you all but please help me with this survey.

Thank you so much.

lalasticlala(m), Ogbeche77, gboliwe, ifyalways, blank, royalroy, justwise, ishilove, dyt, funjosh, godmother,
laivwire(m), edoman2016, Ilekokonit, GavelSlam, Emmanystone, kingreign(m), Konquest(m), Jetleeee, omenka(m), Oyindidi(f), drsteroid(m), Eyop, armadeo(m), Omoluabi16(m), OrestesDante(m), pocohantas(f), felixomor, amber222(f), Truth234, DanseMacabre(m), oyb(m), dre11(m), gbegemaster(m), MrPresident1, soberdrunk(m), Sanchez01, airmark(m), Mimzyy(f), winner01(m), Caveatemptor(m), Babalawos(m),
reamish(f), shumuel(m), kannymoore(m), Smellymouth, AjaanaOka(m), Explorers(m), thorpido(m), LoJ, texanomaly(f), Acidosis(m), analice107, GogobiriLalas,

m), MadCow1, ba7man(m), vickyO(f), firestar(f), Royver(m), Joshthefirst(m), Dygeasy(m), An0nimus, safarigirl(f), esere826, yuzedo, naptu2, avicky(f), LarrySun(m), 1forall, justwise(m), senbonzakurakageyoshi(m), PastorAIO, Branzy(m), LogoDWhiz(m), dyabman(m), Explorers(m), Chelseafan1, Dotman01(m), not2long(m), Dadehmola, Mynd44, kanwuliaextra, BABE3, mamagee3(f), mukina2, r231, OAM4J, coogar, Burger01

1 Like

Re: Survey On Househelp Employment by Nobody: 1:10pm On Oct 05, 2018
Assist23:

3. What measures should be taken to prevent possibility of crime by the househelp or Nanny?

4. What do you think constitutes abuse on the Nanny or househelp ( Where does correction stop and abuse starts? Eg, is it okay to slap, spank, verbally scold?) ?

Thank you very much

1.) 18 - 25

2.) 72k

3 Likes

Re: Survey On Househelp Employment by ifyalways(f): 1:20pm On Oct 05, 2018
Assist23:

I am trying to do a study on our methods of engaging househelps and managing them

Please this is a no judgement zone. Kindly answer honestly as it will really help my research.

Thank you very much
1. 20 to 28 years. (Reason : from 29 years every girls dream is to be in her own husbands house, keeping them to take care of yours is a recipe for disaster)

2. Anything from 30,000 ngn monthly plus other perks including specified job roles, working hours , free days and occasional freebies.

3a. Respect and treat them fairly as you would your colleagues at work.
B. Pay them promptly.
C. Know their immediate family, keep a full sized and passport photos of them.
D. Be sure they are disease free before employing them.

4. Never spank or put your hands on your help, SACK them if you can't deal.

5. Absolute Rubbish. Deliverance from what and Who?

4 Likes

Re: Survey On Househelp Employment by KanwuliaExtra: 3:09pm On Oct 05, 2018
1. Your first step is to register them in your local and national data base. Unfortunately, Nigeria is a country of recycled criminals who would NEVER support a criminal background data base in EVERY STATE and on the NATIONAL levels.

Domestic helps have to be registered and licensed.
If you can locate them on a registry, with FINGER PRINTING and registered PHONE #, you have solved half the problem. Get a copy so ALL SIM CARDS USED and who they are registered to.

2. Medical background check every 6 months.

3. 3 references from previous employers.

4. 3 references from FAMILY members.

5. A STRIP SEARCH to verify the TRUE SEX of the domestic help. Too many stories of cross-dressers.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Survey On Househelp Employment by Nobody: 9:29am On Oct 06, 2018
@OP, Less I forget. I want you to help me look for an house-help.

Requirements:

1.) She must be between age 18 - 25. Pls don't bring prostitute to my house. grin

2.) She must be able to read, write & speak English, Hausa & Yoruba fluently. grin

3.) She must be atleast presentable & fair in beauty so that when I take her out to watch movies @ Silverbird, association of gboromidelerus will not say she looks like an "housegeh" . grin

4.) She must be obedient, calm & not temperamental.

5.) She must be from Uyo, Calabar, Makurdi, Jos, Togo, Cameroun, Cotonou, Daura & Owerri. grin

6.) She must be patriotic & ready to follow all my orders at all times - since my house is a garrison command. grin

7.) Very Important: She must have the physique, stature & complexion of Christina Milian. See attached photo. grin

Thank you! grin

Re: Survey On Househelp Employment by Chelseafan1: 10:31am On Oct 07, 2018
Zoharariel:
@OP, Less I forget. I want you to help me look for an house-help.

Requirements:

1.) She must be between age 18 - 25. Pls don't bring prostitute to my house. grin

2.) She must be able to read, write & speak English, Hausa & Yoruba fluently. grin

3.) She must be atleast presentable & fair in beauty so that when I take her out to watch movies @ Silverbird, association of gboromidelerus will not say she looks like an "housegeh" . grin

4.) She must be obedient, calm & not temperamental.

5.) She must be from Uyo, Calabar, Makurdi, Jos, Togo, Cameroun, Cotonou, Daura & Owerri. grin

6.) She must be patriotic & ready to follow all my orders at all times - since my house is a garrison command. grin

7.) Very Important: She must have the physique, stature & complexion of Christina Milian. See attached photo. grin

Thank you! grin

I know someone you'd really like

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Survey On Househelp Employment by Assist23: 12:17pm On Oct 07, 2018
KanwuliaExtra:
1. Your first step is to register them in your local and national data base. Unfortunately, Nigeria is a country of recycled criminals who would NEVER support a criminal background data base in EVERY STATE and on the NATIONAL levels.

Domestic helps have to be registered and licensed.
If you can locate them on a registry, with FINGER PRINTING and registered PHONE #, you have solved half the problem. Get a copy so ALL SIM CARDS USED and who they are registered to.

2. Medical background check every 6 months.

3. 3 references from previous employers.

4. 3 references from FAMILY members.

5. A STRIP SEARCH to verify the TRUE SEX of the domestic help. Too many stories of cross-dressers.

ifyalways:

1. 20 to 28 years. (Reason : from 29 years every girls dream is to be in her own husbands house, keeping them to take care of yours is a recipe for disaster)

2. Anything from 30,000 ngn monthly plus other perks including specified job roles, working hours , free days and occasional freebies.

3a. Respect and treat them fairly as you would your colleagues at work.
B. Pay them promptly.
C. Know their immediate family, keep a full sized and passport photos of them.
D. Be sure they are disease free before employing them.

4. Never spank or put your hands on your help, SACK them if you can't deal.

5. Absolute Rubbish. Deliverance from what and Who?

Thank you all so much, spam bot banned me that's why I didn't respond earlier

1 Like

Re: Survey On Househelp Employment by LogoDWhiz(m): 5:43pm On Oct 07, 2018
Assist23:

18-30

2. What do you think is a fair salary? Depends on location,expected work to do, Accomodation, and all.
30 to 60k should do.

Get insured. There should be an insurance of sort.. Recruit from an agency who has done background checks.

Stern warning is enough.
There could be a penalty on her contract of sort.

Nah.. Not necessarily needed.
Be nice, respect people and trust that they'll do same.

Thank you very much

See answers in response to the questions..

1 Like

Re: Survey On Househelp Employment by Assist23: 2:18pm On Oct 09, 2018
LogoDWhiz:

See answers in response to the questions..

Thank you so much

1 Like

Re: Survey On Househelp Employment by Konquest: 10:04am On Oct 16, 2018
Assist23:

Thank you very much
^^^^^
^^^^^
@Assist23

OK... Here is my response to YOUR ONLINE SURVEY.

[18 Years and above. Below 18 is child abuse]

[Minimum Wage and above]

[First off, TAKE THEM FOR "FINGER PRINTING" at the Police Headquarters in your state of residence.
I know the last Lagos Police IG [Fatai Owoseni] said this facility is offered for screening all domestic staff.
These would serve as a psychological deterrent].

Second, get their mobile phone numbers as well, so they can be tracked by The Police IRT Unit
in a worse case scenario if they run away.

Third, do NOT employ a non-citizen of your country because there is a high rate of mischief
or crime among them. Better yet... employ someone from your ethnic region so you can easily
spot if they are lying about their backgrounds!

4. What do you think constitutes abuse on the Nanny or househelp (Where does correction
stop and abuse starts? Eg, is it okay to slap, spank, verbally scold?)?

Non of these verbal or physical abuse is OK... I think using the "Naughty Corner"
technique or the "Carrot and Stick" approach works better and they will be loyal to
you for lifting them up the social ladder.

Also send them to school or to learn a vocation so that when they live you,
they can be useful to society... and wait for this... they will SEE YOU as a MENTOR
and will be willing to ASSIST YOU in the future. IT WORKS!

NO... but background/family checks are needed. Excessive religiousity
and the FEAR-FACTOR it induces beffuddles the mind in SUCH INSTANCES
and has led to the brutalisation of innocent children used as house helps
or domestic workers!

Thank you very much.

YOU are welcome! smiley

(1) (Reply)

My Wife's Boss Threatened To Sack Her If She Attend Anti Natal Tomorrow. / Dream Interpretation: Seeing A Dead Person / Every Hardworking Lagos Worker Should Own This!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.