Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,316 members, 7,815,590 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:56 PM

My Househelp Stubbornly Answers Phone Call When Cooking Using Gas Cylinder - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Househelp Stubbornly Answers Phone Call When Cooking Using Gas Cylinder (2213 Views)

My Mum Wants Me To Sack My Househelp / Wife Kills Husband In Ondo For Receiving Phone Call From Mistress / How To Check The Expiry Date Of Your Gas Cylinder To Avoid Explosion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Househelp Stubbornly Answers Phone Call When Cooking Using Gas Cylinder by farous(m): 10:52am On Feb 12, 2021
I have severally educate my Househelp on the dangers of making or answering phone calls in the kitchen when cooking using Gas cylinder and that she should never try it but desist from it to avoid explosion.

Unfortunately she seems to pay deaf ear over it as this morning I saw her answering calls right inside the kitchen while cooking using the Gas cylinder and I was so upset that if I had not hold myself and control my anger I would have used an object and beat her mercilessly.This is a family with children and I don't want to give devil chances.She is so stubborn that most times (not only this Gas matter) telling her not to do something is like pouring water on the stone and such attitude upsets me.

Please what should I do?.
Re: My Househelp Stubbornly Answers Phone Call When Cooking Using Gas Cylinder by Kriss216: 10:56am On Feb 12, 2021
How old is she?

2 Likes

Re: My Househelp Stubbornly Answers Phone Call When Cooking Using Gas Cylinder by Fixey: 10:59am On Feb 12, 2021
First remove the cylinder from. Inside take it outside then build a small roofing shed for it

This household has proven only disaster we teach her hence the need to play safe

Get the technical expert to buy long hose, move it outside the house while just the cooker stays in

Consider other cooking equipment

3 Likes

Re: My Househelp Stubbornly Answers Phone Call When Cooking Using Gas Cylinder by Mindlog: 11:01am On Feb 12, 2021
farous:
I have severally educate my Househelp on the dangers of making or answering phone calls in the kitchen when cooking using Gas cylinder and that she should never try it but desist from it to avoid explosion.

Unfortunately she seems to pay deaf ear over it as this morning I saw her answering calls right inside the kitchen while cooking using the Gas cylinder and I was so upset that if I had not hold myself and control my anger I would have used an object and beat her mercilessly.This is a family with children and I don't want to give devil chances.She is so stubborn that most times (not only this Gas matter) telling her not to do something is like pouring water on the stone and such attitude upsets me.

Seize the phone for a while and if after you give it back to her, she continues with that behaviour then you have to terminate her service. While recruiting a househelp, do document what you don't want done in your house so the person and her guarantor would read it and sign against. it before commencement of work.

7 Likes

Re: My Househelp Stubbornly Answers Phone Call When Cooking Using Gas Cylinder by dollytino4real(f): 11:06am On Feb 12, 2021
pls return her to where u brought her from b4 she starts to corrupt ur kids with her witchcraft attitude

7 Likes

Re: My Househelp Stubbornly Answers Phone Call When Cooking Using Gas Cylinder by Realtord43: 11:13am On Feb 12, 2021
If you value your life and family, sack her and employ another one with laid down rules.

Dont risk your life and that of your family for who disrespect you.

2 Likes

Re: My Househelp Stubbornly Answers Phone Call When Cooking Using Gas Cylinder by GOFRONT(m): 11:28am On Feb 12, 2021
First off, Is your househelp a curvy shape?....Is she endowed with a figure 8??

She is calling her boyfriend.....The sweetness of her boyfriends joystick would not make her think straight in the kitchen....

1 Like

Re: My Househelp Stubbornly Answers Phone Call When Cooking Using Gas Cylinder by mariahAngel(f): 11:29am On Feb 12, 2021
farous:

If she doesn't respect you enough to take your words seriously, send her back to where she came from.
Re: My Househelp Stubbornly Answers Phone Call When Cooking Using Gas Cylinder by Sijo01(f): 11:35am On Feb 12, 2021
A househelp that cannot yield to her employer's safety instructions will only end up being a bad influence to your kids if you don't get rid of her.

2 Likes

Re: My Househelp Stubbornly Answers Phone Call When Cooking Using Gas Cylinder by dobnina(f): 11:40am On Feb 12, 2021
farous:

Are you the one paying her salary or is she the one paying you Salary.
Are you the Boss or is she the Boss.
Pls sack her immediately. How can you employ someone you can't control?
She will soon turn your children against you if you don't terminate her contract.
Re: My Househelp Stubbornly Answers Phone Call When Cooking Using Gas Cylinder by Bawal: 1:01pm On Feb 12, 2021
One of the greatest mistake you are making is keeping a stubborn person to stay with you. It creates anger, anxiety and restless mind.Why not send her back today to where she come from to avoid " if I had known I would have .....".As you mistakenly catch her today,that means even in your absence she has been doing so and disobeying you,taking you for granted and risking your family.Do you know the kind risk this agent of devil is creating in your family?Most of these Househelp are possessed and being controlled by some evil spirits that will be manipulating them and can hardly obey you but rather so stubborn. Please send her packing now!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Househelp Stubbornly Answers Phone Call When Cooking Using Gas Cylinder by Bola146(f): 1:18pm On Feb 12, 2021
Take her as your own kid in correction, keep telling her. I too always make that mistake once in a while

1 Like

Re: My Househelp Stubbornly Answers Phone Call When Cooking Using Gas Cylinder by laluski(m): 1:21pm On Feb 12, 2021
dollytino4real:
pls return her to where u brought her from b4 she starts to corrupt ur kids with her witchcraft attitude

Don't mind the cow. Let him be busy looking for advice when he should have sent her packing ling ago.
Let him wait, till she explodes his house with his kids inside!

2 Likes

Re: My Househelp Stubbornly Answers Phone Call When Cooking Using Gas Cylinder by haider55338: 2:18pm On Feb 12, 2021
How old is she?
Re: My Househelp Stubbornly Answers Phone Call When Cooking Using Gas Cylinder by farous(m): 2:28pm On Feb 12, 2021
haider55338:
How old is she?

She is an adult
Re: My Househelp Stubbornly Answers Phone Call When Cooking Using Gas Cylinder by Fixey: 2:33pm On Feb 12, 2021
Bawal:
One of the greatest mistake you are making is keeping a stubborn person to stay with you. It creates anger, anxiety and restless mind.Why not send her back today to where she come from to avoid " if I had known I would have .....".As you mistakenly catch her today,that means even in your absence she has been doing so and disobeying you,taking you for granted and risking your family.Do you know the kind risk this agent of devil is creating in your family?Most of these Househelp are possessed and being controlled by some evil spirits that will be manipulating them and can hardly obey you but rather so stubborn. Please send her packing now!

Thank you for this comment. I kept telling my family this same thing about our house help. They refused listening until she did the worst and police git involved. Unless they show that stubborn attitude, it's an evil spirit manipulating and controlling them, they'll be bringing all sorts of set backs, bad luck, missed opportunities to their host, yet the host wouldn't suspect them because e no catch blood for their mouth
Re: My Househelp Stubbornly Answers Phone Call When Cooking Using Gas Cylinder by drmikeadams(m): 3:23pm On Feb 12, 2021
Find picture of people wey gas scatta their face show am

1 Like

Re: My Househelp Stubbornly Answers Phone Call When Cooking Using Gas Cylinder by Oizee(f): 4:05pm On Feb 12, 2021
drmikeadams:
Find picture of people wey gas scatta their face show am
exactly what I had in mind
Re: My Househelp Stubbornly Answers Phone Call When Cooking Using Gas Cylinder by veave(f): 4:32pm On Feb 12, 2021
Why she stubborn na
Re: My Househelp Stubbornly Answers Phone Call When Cooking Using Gas Cylinder by eyinjuege: 5:16pm On Feb 12, 2021
Sack her and get someone else
Re: My Househelp Stubbornly Answers Phone Call When Cooking Using Gas Cylinder by Nobody: 5:26pm On Feb 12, 2021
If she refuses to follow the safety rules in your home after several warnings, send her packing.

1 Like

Re: My Househelp Stubbornly Answers Phone Call When Cooking Using Gas Cylinder by Liposure: 6:16pm On Feb 12, 2021
The day i saw the hazard of gas explosion, i was terrified to the bones. I couldn't sleep. People don't value safety until they experience danger.

3 Likes

Re: My Househelp Stubbornly Answers Phone Call When Cooking Using Gas Cylinder by Uniquisite: 6:29pm On Feb 12, 2021

1 Like

Re: My Househelp Stubbornly Answers Phone Call When Cooking Using Gas Cylinder by Yuceeluv(f): 6:35pm On Feb 12, 2021
Helloooo! You know what to do. God forbid! If anything eventually happens, you'll never forgive yourself.

Remember you said it's not only Gas issue.

So you know exactly what to do.

farous:

Re: My Househelp Stubbornly Answers Phone Call When Cooking Using Gas Cylinder by Nobody: 8:11pm On Feb 12, 2021
farous:

Who said that making calls while using gas will cause explosion? As if it's a fact?

What's the likelihood? Nobody even thought about it this way.

Can any of you show me a peer reviewed scientific literature supporting that? Not just junk from a useless illiterate dumb blogger?

Everybody that commented on this thread disappointed me.

Nigerians are too gullible and naive.

One even said he should remove cylinder outside as if balconies are designed against the kitchen or that everyone lives downstairs.

Gosh!

Yuceeluv

Uniquisite liposure aroundtheearth eyinjuege veave oizee drmikeadams Haider55338 farous fixey

Lalusky bola146 bawal mindlog reatord43 kriss216
Dollytino4real

Gofront mariahangel sijo01 dobnina

1 Like

Re: My Househelp Stubbornly Answers Phone Call When Cooking Using Gas Cylinder by Oizee(f): 8:57pm On Feb 12, 2021
LagosInter:

Who said that making calls while using gas will cause explosion? As if it's a fact?

Can any of you show me a peer reviewed scientific literature supporting that? Not just junk from a useless illiterate dumb blogger?

One even said he should remove cylinder outside as if balconies are designed against the kitchen or that everyone lives downstairs.

Gosh!

Yuceeluv

Uniquisite liposure aroundtheearth eyinjuege veave oizee drmikeadams Haider55338 farous fixey

Dollytino4real

don't be too disappointed, I was never a science student, but.... mistakes of others is enough for me to learn, I must not experiment mine and make my own discovery.... it's too risky

1 Like

Re: My Househelp Stubbornly Answers Phone Call When Cooking Using Gas Cylinder by dollytino4real(f): 8:58pm On Feb 12, 2021
LagosInter:

Gosh!

Yuceeluv

Dollytino4real

ok sir
Re: My Househelp Stubbornly Answers Phone Call When Cooking Using Gas Cylinder by ABOVEDELAW: 5:55am On Feb 13, 2021
WHY IS IT ONLY IN NIGERIA THAT THIS GAS CYLINDER EXPLOSION OCCURS WHILE USING A CELL PHONE?
Re: My Househelp Stubbornly Answers Phone Call When Cooking Using Gas Cylinder by Nobody: 11:23am On Feb 13, 2021
Are you afraid of her? Seize the phone or get another house help before she causes you a huge loss.
Re: My Househelp Stubbornly Answers Phone Call When Cooking Using Gas Cylinder by cooooooks(m): 1:46pm On Feb 13, 2021
1. Don't beat your housekeeper. Don't even think of that.

2. I hope you have never made advances in her. If she thinks you have, she will lose respect for you.

3. Change your home personnel.

1 Like

Re: My Househelp Stubbornly Answers Phone Call When Cooking Using Gas Cylinder by DisGuy: 11:10pm On Feb 13, 2021
Uniquisite:
Can cell phone cause cylinder gas explosion? How?

Extremely unlikely....but in naija superstition/beer parlour gist etc etc makes the absurd the norm

Op please try another method. Encourage her to take the call elsewhere after reducing the gas...the call might be important to her

1 Like

Re: My Househelp Stubbornly Answers Phone Call When Cooking Using Gas Cylinder by Fixey: 2:48am On Feb 14, 2021
LagosInter:

Gosh!

Yuceeluv

Dollytino4real

You claim to be wise but you're not very wise not a single bit

I intended hiding that matter from the Op. And perhaps the OP knows. Use phone to make calls around Gas cookers doesn't cause explosion generically. However when permitted a day would come when the same person using a healthy phone would bring in an unhealthy phone with issues that can trigger a spark and then cause explosion. So when they say don't use phone around gas plants etc, it's not because all phones could trigger explosion in the event of a leak, but against the scenario where a faulty device with an electrical issue is used around the Gas plant. So to avoid it altogether is the reason it's said straight and clear don't use phones around gas.

SO before you go ahead charging next time like a fool, be slow to think or see things from a myriad of perspectives

Enjoy your day

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Best Way To Get A Spouse That Hardly Admit/apologize When He Is Wrong,to Do / I Have Been Having Sleepless Nights About My Marriage / 6 Reasons Married Women Cheat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.