Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,537 members, 7,819,919 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:45 AM

Why Roads In Igbo Land And Other Parts Of Nigeria Are Always Bad! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Roads In Igbo Land And Other Parts Of Nigeria Are Always Bad! (421 Views)

Kidnapping: China Cautions Citizens To Avoid Nigeria, Other Parts Of Africa / Behold South-west Kidnapping Spots …why Roads Users, Others Must Beware / Why Roads In Lagos Will Always Be Flooded When It Rains (PHOTO) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Roads In Igbo Land And Other Parts Of Nigeria Are Always Bad! by Nobody: 6:30pm On Oct 01, 2018
WHY ROADS IN IGBO LAND AND OTHER PARTS OF NIGERIA ARE ALWAYS VERY
BAD !
The secrets reasons why roads in Nigeria ,and especially Igbo land has been in very bad conditions in the last 30 years ,and will also continue into the future.
Why am exposing this now,is to bring it to the attention of the future generations and anyone who can do something about it.
Those in power know it,as the person who exposed it over 10 years ago and had it published in the national newspaper s and submitted it to the National assembly is still alive today.
I first met Engr Forte Dike,when he was chairman of Ihiala Local Government, which I come from.His mother was from my village and married to his father from Uli.It was HE Dr Chinwoke Mbadinuju,who gave me a written note to him,and he prepaid for a full page spotlight for Ihiala local government in my newspaper, Nigeria politics magazine. This enabled me publish the paper when I was just 20 years old.That action by Engr Dike was the only publicly he did through out his tenure. I have never seen a Nigerian and Igbo leader like him till today.Do you believe that every month,he types all the money the local government spent,item by item and the thing the money was spent on.He gives a copy to all prominent people in Ihiala local government. If Igbos and Nigeria are looking for that president in 2023,he is the best.
It was to discover this secrets that he contested and won the house of reps.He was made chairman works committee. He took a tour of all uncompleted and bad roads,especially in Igbo land .He interviewed contractors.
He discovered that federal government normally awards over 200 roads a year for instance, worth huge sums of money without making allocation for the full amount in that years budget. The contractors would go to site and then start the road.once the little money allocatd to them finish,they park and abandon the road until next year budget to come back again if it is included in the next one.Also about 10% of the money is released, sometimes it might take two years for the road to be remembered. Lagos Benin road took about 20 years to complete . Onitsha Owerri roads took 8 years to complete. Buhari has awarded 64 roads in igboland,a record since the Biafra war ended in 1970,work has started on all of them.WE HOPE IT WILL NOT TAKE 20 YEARS TO COMPLETE ALL OF THEM.WHAT STOPS THOSE IN GOVERNMENT FROM BUILDING 5 ROADS FROM START TO FINISH WITHIN ONE YEAR.
Francis Okoye
Igbo Amaka cultural Organization

1 Like

Re: Why Roads In Igbo Land And Other Parts Of Nigeria Are Always Bad! by Almaiga: 6:55pm On Oct 01, 2018
When your leaders in the East build sub-standard Road, what do you expect? Chanel your questions to your Political leaders in the East, they have answers to all your questions.

Re: Why Roads In Igbo Land And Other Parts Of Nigeria Are Always Bad! by obasiken: 6:55pm On Oct 01, 2018
Op...yur post has absolutely no information. Be more detailed next time.
Re: Why Roads In Igbo Land And Other Parts Of Nigeria Are Always Bad! by Nobody: 7:01pm On Oct 01, 2018
obasiken:
Op...yur post has absolutely no information. Be more detailed next time.

God bless u.

U fixed it all.

Imagine such an empty post eulogising some instead of the topic.

(1) (Reply)

Jigawa Deputy Gov. Wins APC Senatorial Ticket / PDP Presidential Primary Election: ATIKU Wins.your Reactions Pls. / US- We Don't Have A Criminal Case Against Atiku

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.