Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,130 members, 7,818,388 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:09 PM

Kidnapping: China Cautions Citizens To Avoid Nigeria, Other Parts Of Africa - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kidnapping: China Cautions Citizens To Avoid Nigeria, Other Parts Of Africa (13151 Views)

‘Nigeria, Other African Countries To Remain Major Petrol Importers’ - Kragha / Crime Is Endemic In Nigeria – US Cautions Citizens / Angela Merkel Set To Visit Nigeria, Other West African Nations On Wednesday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kidnapping: China Cautions Citizens To Avoid Nigeria, Other Parts Of Africa by NwaNimo1(m): 7:59pm On Nov 22, 2021
Chinese Foreign Ministry in Beijing has warned Chinese citizens and firms working in the African continent against travelling to some risky areas amid the kidnappings of Chinese citizens in Africa.

Foreign Ministry spokesperson, Zhao Lijian, on Monday confirmed the abduction of five Chinese nationals in the Democratic Republic of Congo,

He urged those in dangerous places to leave as soon as possible.

Mr Zhao said the abductions took place during an attack on a gold mine in the village of Mukera in eastern Congo, adding that in another recent incident in Nigeria, three Chinese employees were also kidnapped.

The spokesperson stressed that there were “great security risks’’ in Nigeria and Congo, and these incidents were not the first of their kind either.

“China’s Foreign Ministry, embassies and consulates had previously advised nationals not to go to high-risk areas.’’

China has significantly increased its investments in the mining industry in Africa in recent years.

This has led to growing local resentment towards wealthy Chinese employees working in countries such as the resource-rich Congo, where living standards are extremely low.

In 2008, Congo’s former president Joseph Kabila signed a highly controversial nine-billion-dollar agreement guaranteeing China mining rights in the country in return for funding for much-needed infrastructure projects.

A few weeks ago, Kabila’s successor, Felix Tshisekedi, called for a review of the agreement and for what he termed “fairer deals”.
https://dailynigerian.com/kidnapping-china-cautions/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kidnapping: China Cautions Citizens To Avoid Nigeria, Other Parts Of Africa by OneCandleAway(f): 8:08pm On Nov 22, 2021
Black Africa is operating under a serious curse.

How can you grant China rights to mining gold in exchange for infrastructure. Why can't you mine yourself, sell and use the proceeds got infrastructure?

180 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Kidnapping: China Cautions Citizens To Avoid Nigeria, Other Parts Of Africa by EdiskyHarry: 5:30am On Nov 23, 2021
Nigeria now leading Africa in kidnapping, and terrorism.
So sad.

11 Likes

Re: Kidnapping: China Cautions Citizens To Avoid Nigeria, Other Parts Of Africa by mariovito(m): 5:30am On Nov 23, 2021
Why can't we manage our resources by ourselves? Colonization never really ended. it only changed form. For example, in Nigeria, it started with the exploitation by the Royal Niger Company, then go to a crescendo with the coming of the British government and the. went back to the status quo of having companies like shell Bp, Chevron etc. represent the imperial interests.

I know in Nigeria, The Sinos are spearhead the illegal gold mining trade and other under the radar businesses. I wish we'll have sense in Africa.

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kidnapping: China Cautions Citizens To Avoid Nigeria, Other Parts Of Africa by Omonda(m): 5:33am On Nov 23, 2021
OneCandleAway:

How can you grant China rights to mining gold in exchange for infrastructure. Why can't you mine yourself, sell and use the proceeds got infrastructure?

The problem of Africa from the beginning.

14 Likes

Re: Kidnapping: China Cautions Citizens To Avoid Nigeria, Other Parts Of Africa by seanery: 5:33am On Nov 23, 2021
Lols
Re: Kidnapping: China Cautions Citizens To Avoid Nigeria, Other Parts Of Africa by Temisia(f): 5:34am On Nov 23, 2021
Lol. Chinko too

3 Likes

Re: Kidnapping: China Cautions Citizens To Avoid Nigeria, Other Parts Of Africa by kaziblake(f): 5:35am On Nov 23, 2021
I don’t know who taught Africa the act of worshiping white men o

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kidnapping: China Cautions Citizens To Avoid Nigeria, Other Parts Of Africa by karzyharsky(m): 5:35am On Nov 23, 2021
Chai
Re: Kidnapping: China Cautions Citizens To Avoid Nigeria, Other Parts Of Africa by mariovito(m): 5:37am On Nov 23, 2021
kaziblake:
funnily, the Chinese ain't even white in the true sense of it. they're yellow. African feel inferior to anyone in a pale skin whereas we're the originals. Africans need to wake up.

45 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Kidnapping: China Cautions Citizens To Avoid Nigeria, Other Parts Of Africa by Lattop(m): 5:41am On Nov 23, 2021
Make the part of China we dey owe money too avoid us undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kidnapping: China Cautions Citizens To Avoid Nigeria, Other Parts Of Africa by peacebirdone: 5:46am On Nov 23, 2021
The whole Nigeria oh. When one part messes up, every part is negatively affected.

We all need to fix this. The communities along that road need to be investigated, they need to be shamed, they need to list publicly their chiefs and dethrone them.

All rights withdrawn.

5 Likes

Re: Kidnapping: China Cautions Citizens To Avoid Nigeria, Other Parts Of Africa by fabian063: 5:47am On Nov 23, 2021
Re: Kidnapping: China Cautions Citizens To Avoid Nigeria, Other Parts Of Africa by Flamees(m): 5:55am On Nov 23, 2021
Mojo
Re: Kidnapping: China Cautions Citizens To Avoid Nigeria, Other Parts Of Africa by fabian063: 5:58am On Nov 23, 2021
The control of Congo mining sector in exchange for infrastructural development by the Chinese, is what some Nigerians are clamouring for. I've heard someone say that the British should colonize Nigeria again and control all our resources so that we could have quality roads again and 24hrs of electricity. Instead of continuing with our present leaders who are hell bent on destroying the nation by looting Nigeria dry, and using the loots to develop European nations

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kidnapping: China Cautions Citizens To Avoid Nigeria, Other Parts Of Africa by Nahunger(m): 6:02am On Nov 23, 2021
Lols
Chinko don dey fear their loan partners country oo grin cheesy grin cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Kidnapping: China Cautions Citizens To Avoid Nigeria, Other Parts Of Africa by tamdun: 6:03am On Nov 23, 2021
OneCandleAway:

U are right but I'll rather allow them mine our gold in exchange for infrastructure because African leaders will never use the money for anything good

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kidnapping: China Cautions Citizens To Avoid Nigeria, Other Parts Of Africa by awa(m): 6:09am On Nov 23, 2021
Kidnapping and other social vices are totally condemned by me and defaulters should be adequately punished according to the law. To my Chinese friends, please improve your ways of doing Business in Africa. Sane Africans will continue to protect you in our soil. The Americans and their Humanity remain ways to go.
Re: Kidnapping: China Cautions Citizens To Avoid Nigeria, Other Parts Of Africa by timefarm(m): 6:21am On Nov 23, 2021
It is a shame
Re: Kidnapping: China Cautions Citizens To Avoid Nigeria, Other Parts Of Africa by Randal: 6:24am On Nov 23, 2021
Nigeria is no longer safe for anyone

1 Like

Re: Kidnapping: China Cautions Citizens To Avoid Nigeria, Other Parts Of Africa by Badonasty(m): 6:25am On Nov 23, 2021
Lol...after all the loans and businesses we’ve done together...na see finish be this oo
Re: Kidnapping: China Cautions Citizens To Avoid Nigeria, Other Parts Of Africa by Joseph08(m): 6:28am On Nov 23, 2021
Good news for Buhari they might forget about the loans he collected.

2 Likes

Re: Kidnapping: China Cautions Citizens To Avoid Nigeria, Other Parts Of Africa by Onyenna(m): 6:29am On Nov 23, 2021
Badonasty:
Lol...after all the loans and businesses we’ve done together...na see finish be this oo

Better see finish oooh!!! Kai

It’s a pity.....

1 Like

Re: Kidnapping: China Cautions Citizens To Avoid Nigeria, Other Parts Of Africa by Thefirmorganics(f): 6:35am On Nov 23, 2021
kaziblake:
Chino na Whitman?
Re: Kidnapping: China Cautions Citizens To Avoid Nigeria, Other Parts Of Africa by uuzba(m): 6:37am On Nov 23, 2021
Temisia:
Lol. Chinko too
These kind Chinese we have these days.
I thought all of them can fight kung-fu in their country. Them suppose dey beat us na.
Abi no be there IP man, Jet Li, Jacky Chan come from?
We suppose dey fear their skills na.

Crouching Tiger, Hidden dragon... No be their fighting skills full that film?

3 Likes

Re: Kidnapping: China Cautions Citizens To Avoid Nigeria, Other Parts Of Africa by muheeb01(m): 6:38am On Nov 23, 2021
See what this country and continent has been reduced to,cos of bad choice....

Check my signature and my profile for my work and whatsapp numbers
Re: Kidnapping: China Cautions Citizens To Avoid Nigeria, Other Parts Of Africa by slowice(m): 6:39am On Nov 23, 2021
Me sef gats japa e nor safe for me too..,

1 Like

Re: Kidnapping: China Cautions Citizens To Avoid Nigeria, Other Parts Of Africa by Jakumo(m): 6:45am On Nov 23, 2021
The Chinese neo-colonialist exploiters and natural resource thieves should heed the warning of their leaders, and kindly phuck off back to China where they can mine for whatever the phuck they want in THEIR overcrowded and polluted homeland.

Say NO to China's land-grab in Africa.

Say NO to the Chinese deforestation of Africa.

Say NO to Chinese loan-shark colonization of Africa.

Say NO to avowed racist swarms infesting Africa because they greedily phucked up their own country by poisoning the air, soil, and rivers.

Say YES to processing Chinese usurpers and annexation agents for summary deportation BACK to their glorious homeland FOREVER, Idi-Amin style.

3 Likes

Re: Kidnapping: China Cautions Citizens To Avoid Nigeria, Other Parts Of Africa by dahmie2013: 6:57am On Nov 23, 2021
See pot calling kettle black. When do you think we will recover from this COVID-19 mess you put us through. We too are avoiding your country. Health is wealth.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

More Factories, Businesses May Shut Down As Diesel Hits ₦‎1,100/Litre / Betta Edu To Report At EFCC Office On Tuesday - ChannelsTV / Profile Of Emem Usoro, Member Of Monetary Policy Committee (MPC)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.