Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,317 members, 7,839,520 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 09:32 PM

Days Of A Road With No Potholes. (how I See My Friends) - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Days Of A Road With No Potholes. (how I See My Friends) (348 Views)

My Friends First Son Doesn't Look Like Him Or His Wife, Should I Tell Him? / I See My Wife As Another Man's Wife. / My Husband Keeps Looking At Other Women, Winks At My Friends (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Days Of A Road With No Potholes. (how I See My Friends) by Mustiboy(m): 7:38pm On Oct 01, 2018
They were younger. I mean, so freely minded they wanted nothing but good for one another. And then numbers mounted their ages. Yes, adulthood was settling in. Life is beginning to paint a vivid picture colored with frustration and an unbelievable reality. Then came envy and resentment for the progress of the other. The more good one achieves, the more reason the other has to sit down and rethink life.
So, it begins: Liquidity - that state of having what is termed money. Yes,money, and not just money, what money could buy- clothes, shoes, phones, to mention a few. The other feels the need to flaunt it, brag about it, shove the reality down the throat of the other. He mocks the misfortune of the other. Talks about how the other has come a long way and nothing to show for it yet.
But so quickly has he forgotten the days of humble beginning- the days when one saved the other from starvation- the days when they had mind's alike- almost had the same thinking- the days when nothing else mattered but the love which brought them together. Those days, days of harmony- a genuine one.
Where are those days? Long gone
Reality is a coward. It takes an optimistic mind to deem it as such. Reality is to be defied, not feared. Don't crumble to shambles when confronted by reality but struggle to bubble towards greatness- not necessarily perfection. It is never enough to have the best of worldly things. What is enough is saying enough is enough when you deem it fit. Greediness should never be allowed a residence in your trait. It is a parasite that eats at your hard work.

cc. lalasticlala

(1) (Reply)

How Many Of Our Women Hope To Be Richer Than Your Partner ? / Why I Am Passionate About Women – Mrs Akeredolu / Dont Let Your Children Fall Victim.... Watch This To Secure Their Future

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.