Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,850 members, 7,813,887 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:44 PM

Flashback: Why Deeper Life Turned Down Jonathan’s Request To Visit Church - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Flashback: Why Deeper Life Turned Down Jonathan’s Request To Visit Church (3672 Views)

Jonathan Turned Down Presidential Navy Yacht Idea (Throwback) / How Tinubu And His Minions Brought Down Jonathan's Government (pics/vids) / FLASHBACK: Why I’ll Serve Only One Term – Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Flashback: Why Deeper Life Turned Down Jonathan’s Request To Visit Church by adem30: 9:54pm On Oct 01, 2018
President Goodluck Jonathan’s bid to ‘worship’ at Deeper Christian Life Ministry during the presidential election campaign hit the rocks as pastorate of the church outrightly turned down his request, DAILY POST has learnt.

It was gathered that President Jonathan, who worshiped in most churches across the country before the March 28 presidential election, was denied entry into Deeper Life, when he wrote authorities of the ministry to inform them of his visit last January.

Jonathan had during one of his visits to Dunamis International Gospel Centre, Abuja, explained why he was embarking on ‘presidential church tour’.
According to him, “Traditionally, we have the State House Chapel where I worship every Sunday. If we do not have the chapel, probably I would have been here one or two times before this time.

“It is only during the Christmas period, maybe two Sundays before Christmas and the Sunday before and after New Year that we sometimes close the chapel, and allow people to participate in their church services and that time, I do go round.

“This year, we have decided that from now onward, until I leave the State House, every last Sunday of the month, I will go to different churches.

“Yes, that is the State House Chapel presided over by a chaplain and from time to time other men and women of God come to preach to us.

“But I feel that it is good for me to go round and continue to appreciate what our brothers and sisters have been doing”.

However, DAILY POST learnt that the Special Adviser to Jonathan on Media and Publicity, Dr. Reuben Abata had on January 22, written the authorities of the church through the office of its spokesman, Pastor Segun Babatope to inform them about his visit but the leadership of the church refused to acknowledge the letter.

According to an insider, when Babatope informed leaders of the church about the development, many of them kicked against it, saying that the ministry is not a platform where politicians come to campaign.

Jonathan was originally billed to visit Deeper Life on February 8 after leaving Redemption Camp, but he had to proceed to the Lord’s Chosen when he discovered the church was not ready to welcome him.

The highly-placed source said the church’s decision to honourably turn down the request was because of how some sections of media misquoted Bishop David Oyedpoe of Winners Chapel during Jonathan’s visit to the church.

Oyedepo was quoted as threatening to open the gate of hell to anybody who campaigned against Jonathan.
The alleged statement triggered social media war as many were lambasting the preacher for using his church to campaign for politicians.

However, Oyedepo denied making such statement.

The source said, “Leadership of the ministry was very careful not to allow politics or politicians dent the image of the church or pastor Kumuyi. The presidency had invited him severally for meetings with the president, but he would wave it aside.

“When Abati wrote the church to inform them about Jonathan’s visit, precisely January 22, the church leaders deliberated upon it and decided to turn it down”.

Asked if Kumuyi was aware of the decision, the insider said, “of course, but he has no final say. Though he founded the church, he does not decide how such thing is being handled. He had to allow leaders of the church to handle it. And when it became obvious that they were not ready to welcome the president, Daddy Kumuyi had to accept their decision”.

It was gathered that the president had to leave Redemption Camp for Rev. Lazarus Mouka’s Lords Chosen in Ijesha when he discovered the church was not ready to welcome him.

In Chosen, he warned politicians against using church to campaign.

The President said, “I would not say much because this is not a good period for those of us who are contesting for election to talk so much in church. I do not want to be accused of coming to campaign in churches because I believe that we should not campaign in churches. We may discuss with people but not to use the platform of the church to campaign”.

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/dailypost.ng/2015/05/21/why-deeper-life-turned-down-jonathans-request-to-visit-church-during-campaign-inside-sources/amp/

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Flashback: Why Deeper Life Turned Down Jonathan’s Request To Visit Church by kettykin: 10:02pm On Oct 01, 2018
Kumuyi is presently in Aso rock with the wife to visit buhari.
Sometimes i think igbos and Niger deltans are the most foolish set of people in the world. We have been digging our graves from time immemorial without knowing it.
Enough said.

I now understand and appreciate Nnamdi Kanu's mission and statements

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Flashback: Why Deeper Life Turned Down Jonathan’s Request To Visit Church by nero2face: 10:04pm On Oct 01, 2018
Ok

2 Likes

Re: Flashback: Why Deeper Life Turned Down Jonathan’s Request To Visit Church by Nasa28(m): 10:07pm On Oct 01, 2018
That's it.... It's all about Tribe and not really the real stuff. Since Buhari couldn't come, visiting him is the next option

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Flashback: Why Deeper Life Turned Down Jonathan’s Request To Visit Church by samstradam: 10:15pm On Oct 01, 2018
kettykin:
Sometimes i think igbos and Niger deltans are the most foolish set of people in the world. We have been digging our graves from time immemorial without knowing it.
Enough said.

I now understand and appreciate Nnamdi Kanu's mission and statement

Are you not the people who want to be "free" to do whatever you want to do i.e. free to take people's land, dominate them, spit at their religious beliefs and put your finger in your host's eye?

So why are you angry when Daddy Kumuyi chooses who he wants to associate with?

Must everyone be happy to associate with a shooless clueless confused soul like Jonathan and PDP? Or would you have prefered the Man of God be like other Balaamlike pastors you love by giving false prophecies and cursing those whom God have blessed?

Abeg go find another person to fight with and not Deeper's head honcho if you are not spiritually sucidal.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Flashback: Why Deeper Life Turned Down Jonathan’s Request To Visit Church by Shelumiel: 10:19pm On Oct 01, 2018
Deeperlife and the hypocrisy behind it is just sickening

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Flashback: Why Deeper Life Turned Down Jonathan’s Request To Visit Church by CodeTemplar: 10:25pm On Oct 01, 2018
OK. Buhari didn't visit their pulpit.

2 Likes

Re: Flashback: Why Deeper Life Turned Down Jonathan’s Request To Visit Church by kettykin: 10:26pm On Oct 01, 2018
samstradam:

Are you not the people who want to be "free" to do whatever you want to do i.e. free to take people's land, dominate them, spit at their religious beliefs and put your finger in your host's eye?

So why are you angry when Daddy Kumuyi chooses who he wants to associate with?

Must everyone be happy to associate with a shooless clueless confused soul like Jonathan and PDP?

Igbos and Niger deltans are too mild and foolishly gullible. Even the bible says do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers . I have said all i want to say

3 Likes

Re: Flashback: Why Deeper Life Turned Down Jonathan’s Request To Visit Church by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:30pm On Oct 01, 2018
It is very unspiritual for politicians to convert the pulpit into campaign podium.

Meanwhile, Pastor Kumuyi's visit to Buhari has nothing with campaign or endorsement. Deeper Life doesn't do politicking of any sort. People forget that when Pastor Kumuyi went to Rivers he paid courtesy on Gov Wike, same thing during his trip to Abia.

Kumuyi can never campaign, endorse or approve of Buhari, APC, PDP or any politician. If he does, he will lose it completely amongst members of the church.

BTW Deeper Life Members are loyal to God/Jesus and not any pastor! Kumuyi is only respected as leader but if he should deviate (God forbid), members of the church will call him to order.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Flashback: Why Deeper Life Turned Down Jonathan’s Request To Visit Church by Nobody: 10:35pm On Oct 01, 2018
And now kumuyi is visiting buhari

3 Likes

Re: Flashback: Why Deeper Life Turned Down Jonathan’s Request To Visit Church by kettykin: 10:40pm On Oct 01, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:
It is very unspiritual for politicians to convert the pulpit into campaign podium.

Meanwhile, Pastor Kumuyi's visit to Buhari has nothing with campaign or endorsement. Deeper Life doesn't do politicking of any sort. People forget that when Pastor Kumuyi went to Rivers he paid courtesy on Gov Wike, same thing during his trip to Abia.

Kumuyi can never campaign, endorse or approve of Buhari, APC, PDP or any politician. If he does, he will lose it completely amongst members of the church.

BTW Deeper Life Members are loyal to God/Jesus and not any pastor! Kumuyi is only respected as leader but if he should deviate (God forbid), members of the church will call him to order.

How many times did kumuyi visit Goodluck Jonathan in his 6 years in Aso Rock ?

5 Likes

Re: Flashback: Why Deeper Life Turned Down Jonathan’s Request To Visit Church by Diiet: 10:45pm On Oct 01, 2018
To some people it's a sin for a pastor to visit the president of his country.
Thesame people aplauded pope when he paid a visit to the white house during the reign of Obama who openly endorsed gay.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Flashback: Why Deeper Life Turned Down Jonathan’s Request To Visit Church by samstradam: 10:46pm On Oct 01, 2018
kettykin:

Is Goodluck Jonathan now Jesus Christ or has Aso Rock become Jerusalem that Pastor Kumiyi must pay homage at regular intervals?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Flashback: Why Deeper Life Turned Down Jonathan’s Request To Visit Church by kettykin: 10:54pm On Oct 01, 2018
samstradam:

Is Goodluck Jonathan now Jesus Christ or has Aso Rock become Jerusalem that Pastor Kumiyi must pay homage at regular intervals?
So why is he going there now .

6 Likes

Re: Flashback: Why Deeper Life Turned Down Jonathan’s Request To Visit Church by delpee(f): 11:03pm On Oct 01, 2018
kettykin:

He was invited to give the Independence Day Church service sermon according to some reports.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Flashback: Why Deeper Life Turned Down Jonathan’s Request To Visit Church by TonyeBarcanista(m): 11:16pm On Oct 01, 2018
kettykin:

How many times did Kumuyi visit Obasanjo? Abacha? Yar'adua? Abdulsallam?

The man owes nobody any visit and he's in Abuja for independence day sermon.

In his sermon he will NEVER talk about government whether pro or anti. His message is simple, pray for the government! This has been his message since time immemorial..

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Flashback: Why Deeper Life Turned Down Jonathan’s Request To Visit Church by engineerboat(m): 11:42pm On Oct 01, 2018
kettykin:

Several times.

Unlike APC media government.

THEY invited pastor kumuyi.

I dare APC to release pastor kumuyi speech at Aso Rock not this lies they are feeding us with
Re: Flashback: Why Deeper Life Turned Down Jonathan’s Request To Visit Church by engineerboat(m): 11:43pm On Oct 01, 2018
kettykin:

He was invited to come and preach at Aso Villa chapel.

And would it be good to get a to preach at Aso and opportunity to talk sense to Buhari and not use it.

I dare Buhari. Media Aide to release pastor kumuyi speech at Aso rock

2 Likes

Re: Flashback: Why Deeper Life Turned Down Jonathan’s Request To Visit Church by engineerboat(m): 11:45pm On Oct 01, 2018
delpee:

He was invited to give the Independence Day Church service sermon according to some reports.

He was in National Christian centre yesterday and also today at Aso Rock Chapel.

I dare BMC to release pastor Kumuyi Speech video at aso rock today.

1 Like

Re: Flashback: Why Deeper Life Turned Down Jonathan’s Request To Visit Church by BafanaBafana: 11:51pm On Oct 01, 2018
Kumuyi and Buhari have at least one thing in common, you can trust them with your finances. The stench of corruption oozing from Jonathan will not let any genuine servant of God associate with him.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Flashback: Why Deeper Life Turned Down Jonathan’s Request To Visit Church by globemoney: 12:25am On Oct 02, 2018
BafanaBafana:
[s]Kumuyi and Buhari have at least one thing in common, you can trust them with your finances. The stench of corruption oozing from Jonathan will not let any genuine servant of God associate with him.[/s]
Trusting your finance with Buhari is the same as trusting it with an armed robber. The stench of corruption in Buhari's govt is worse than Abacha's where Buhari also served. Its time the buhari media cows are stopped from associating an oil money thirsty genocidal military dictator with integrity.

9 Likes

Re: Flashback: Why Deeper Life Turned Down Jonathan’s Request To Visit Church by globemoney: 12:31am On Oct 02, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:
[s]How many times did Kumuyi visit Obasanjo? Abacha? Yar'adua? Abdulsallam?

The man owes nobody any visit and he's in Abuja for independence day sermon.

In his sermon he will NEVER talk about government whether pro or anti. His message is simple, pray for the government! This has been his message since time immemorial..[/s]
Obasanjo, Abacha, Abdulsallam never invited or asked to visit Kumuyi, GEJ did and was rejected. Now Kumuyi is visiting Buhari in what is an obvious endorsement to the Buhari failed Government and his reelection. I'm disappointed in Kumuyi unless there is an official explanation to this.

5 Likes

Re: Flashback: Why Deeper Life Turned Down Jonathan’s Request To Visit Church by GavelSlam: 12:58am On Oct 02, 2018
Kumuyi owes nobody any explanation.

Jonathan's thievery was a putrid stench which no self-reapecting clergyman would wish to be associated with.

His wife Patience Jonathan, has over time lent support to what was never hidden, the Jonathan's are thieves.

You may wish to call Buhari any name, but you know you are simply deceiving yourself.

Buhari is a simple man whose ambition is to grow the country through acts of discipline.

Kumuyi, I have always held on this forum, as one of the few Christian leaders I respect.

I would not be surprised if his respect for Buhari propelled him to visit on our Independence day.

2 Likes

Re: Flashback: Why Deeper Life Turned Down Jonathan’s Request To Visit Church by kettykin: 1:33am On Oct 02, 2018
GavelSlam:
Kumuyi owes nobody any explanation.

Jonathan's thievery was a putrid stench which no self-reapecting clergyman would wish to be associated with.

His wife Patience Jonathan, has over time lent support to what was never hidden, the Jonathan's are thieves.

You may wish to call Buhari any name, but you know you are simply deceiving yourself.

Buhari is a simple man whose ambition is to grow the country through acts of discipline.

Kumuyi, I have always held on this forum, as one of the few Christian leaders I respect.

I would not be surprised if his respect for Buhari propelled him to visit on our Independence day.

Do you have instances where Jonathan has been convicted of stealing because aa at today an unemployed buhari son has a motor byke of N52 million and a aid to buhari wife has been found corrupt of swindling some people of N2.5b

2 Likes

Re: Flashback: Why Deeper Life Turned Down Jonathan’s Request To Visit Church by GavelSlam: 2:06am On Oct 02, 2018
kettykin:

Do you have instances where Jonathan has been convicted of stealing because aa at today an unemployed buhari son has a motor byke of N52 million and a aid to buhari wife has been found corrupt of swindling some people of N2.5b

I knew there would an incorrigible lark such as yourself, who would bring this total falsehood just so you can equate a good family with one of well known thieves.

Patience Jonathan by her own admission, had 15 million dollars in our local banks. This is not an invented story, it is verifiable and one to which she's sworn an affidavit to.

I have asked just abut everyone who brings the issue of the cost of Yusuf Buhari's bike to tell us what the specification of the bike is.

I even make it less of a task by asking what is even the colour of the bike?

Not a single person has been able to give the answer.

Isn't It idiotic to know the cost of the bike without knowing what the name or even the colour might be?

For the Aisha Buhari matter, only a liar or a slowpoke would twist the facts of the matter the way I see many of you do. And for that, I would not even be wasting my time to provide the facts.

1 Like

Re: Flashback: Why Deeper Life Turned Down Jonathan’s Request To Visit Church by Presidiotbuhari: 2:26am On Oct 02, 2018
It is only an ignorant Igbo man or woman that will be surprised by the action of the chief challatan called kumuyi. It is is in them. An AFONJA is always an Afonja regardless of how educated, highly placed or acclaimed christian status, the slavish and sai baboon trait is hard wired in their DNA and can never be seperated from them.

Just like every other AFONJA fraud pastors, his visit to aso rock to cheear, laugh and celebrate with TERRORIST BUHARI who has superviced the worst christian genocide in 21century did not come as a surprise. An apple does not fall far from its tree.

A Kumuyi that has kept mum while christian are been massercered by this same government he is petronising now.

Like i have been saying on this forum, if u are an Igbo person and uptill now u still attend any church owned or pastored by a yorrobar u are nothing but an inbecilic bastard.

God bless Kanu for opening the eyes of many blind igbos to the hate that these people have for the igbo tribe. A people drippling with so much hate that their christian will tell u openly that they will never attend any church owned or pastored by Igbo person.

2 Likes

Re: Flashback: Why Deeper Life Turned Down Jonathan’s Request To Visit Church by udemzyudex(m): 2:27am On Oct 02, 2018
samstradam:

You didn't answer his question oga.
Re: Flashback: Why Deeper Life Turned Down Jonathan’s Request To Visit Church by globemoney: 2:45am On Oct 02, 2018
GavelSlam:

I knew there would an incorrigible lark such as yourself, who would bring this total falsehood just so you can equate a good family with one of well known thieves.

Patience Jonathan by her own admission, had 15 million dollars in our local banks. This is not an invented story, it is verifiable and one to which she's sworn an affidavit to.

I have asked just abut everyone who brings the issue of the cost of Yusuf Buhari's bike to tell us what the specification of the bike is.

I even make it less of a task by asking what is even the colour of the bike?

Not a single person has been able to give the answer.

Isn't It idiotic to know the cost of the bike without knowing what the name or even the colour might be?

For the Aisha Buhari matter, only a liar or a slowpoke would twist the facts of the matter the way I see many of you do. And for that, I would not even be wasting my time to provide the facts.
Keep deceiving yourself. You are asking us for the color of Yusuf's bike but didnt tell us the accounts and account numbers of Patience Jonathans money. Afonja's can keep living in delusion with stale news of corruption in Jonathans govt. We all know Buhari is synonymous with corruption and the scandals in his govt have made GEJ look like a saint..

You have the nerve to come here and say Kumuyi avoided GEJ because of corruption but he's visiting Buhari who apart from being the most corrupt nigerian president and promoted ethnic killings accross the nation.. Keep talking nonsense

2 Likes

Re: Flashback: Why Deeper Life Turned Down Jonathan’s Request To Visit Church by ZKOSOSO(m): 4:00am On Oct 02, 2018
Kumuyi stance on politics has always been neutral.

Buhari needs the visit of Man of God to let him know that God would soon destroy him cos of his Evil.

Just u wait. Soon it's gonna be over for Buhari and Tinubu.
Re: Flashback: Why Deeper Life Turned Down Jonathan’s Request To Visit Church by BabaRamota1980: 4:20am On Oct 02, 2018
kettykin:
Enough said.

Kumuyi was coming to SE, remember....?

He is a Yoruba and Head of a Pentecostal Church. grin

content://media/external/file/48530

1 Like

Re: Flashback: Why Deeper Life Turned Down Jonathan’s Request To Visit Church by Rushmore(f): 6:20am On Oct 02, 2018
Una see how we Christians dey mumu ourself?
Deeper life's decision was mainly based on the appalling news peddled by the media.
If only 'the church leaders' were in good terms and not busy trying to depopulate another's church instead of depopulating hell,Kumuyi and his cohorts would've called their fellow 'soldier in Christ' (Oyedebo) to find out the truth.

1 Like

Re: Flashback: Why Deeper Life Turned Down Jonathan’s Request To Visit Church by ybalogs(m): 6:49am On Oct 02, 2018
kettykin:
Enough said.

Buhari didn't go about trying to deceive people he's with them just cos electioneering dawns unlike GEJ moving from pillar to posts doling out cash just to ensure churches pray and campaign for him.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Facebook Bans ATIKULATED Post / Uzodinma Should Tell The World Who Killed Gulak, 5 Other - Rochas / 2023: See The Office Peter Obi Supporter Donated To His Campaign In Delta State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.