Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,482 members, 7,819,757 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:27 PM

Atunwa Emerges Kwara PDP Governorship Candidate - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atunwa Emerges Kwara PDP Governorship Candidate (19780 Views)

Confusion In Kwara PDP As Guber Candidate, Atunwa Mulls Backing Out / PDP Keeps Mum As Razak Atunwa Plots To Present WAEC As Highest Qualification / Razak Atunwa Skipped NYSC, Forged Certificate - Premium Times (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atunwa Emerges Kwara PDP Governorship Candidate by landmark86: 6:33am On Oct 02, 2018
?
Re: Atunwa Emerges Kwara PDP Governorship Candidate by mu2sa2: 6:34am On Oct 02, 2018
Before nko? Atunwa has been Saraki's anointed right from day one. Having committed so much atrocities, financial and criminal, Saraki cannot afford to allow just anyone to be his party's candidate. Kwara north is effectively alienated in Pdp by Saraki clan - I don't see Pdp winning a single contested seat in the senatorial zone. I won't be surprised if the shortchanged aspirants defect to Apc.

1 Like

Re: Atunwa Emerges Kwara PDP Governorship Candidate by Blankstare(m): 6:35am On Oct 02, 2018
Sammig1:

I have seen this guy on channels TV several times. He speaks well. Let's hope that he does the job for kwarans

He doesn't speak well,he just happens that he speaks through his nose. A reknown certified stooge,whom the gods will deal with, they will first make made,saraki is going mad for the fact that he presented this guy. With the tempo in ilorin today my 70yr old mum who have never engaged in politics will disgrace this guy by Feb..all you naysayers watch and see.

1 Like

Re: Atunwa Emerges Kwara PDP Governorship Candidate by Holuwarsweun(m): 6:36am On Oct 02, 2018
dollarsplenty:
And Saraki came to Osun to campaign against imposition of candidate and godfatherism. Here we are, the same man ensured his anointed godson got the PDP guber-ticket of Kwara. Trust a politician at your own peril.

saraki didn't impose candidate.... he wasn't even in Ilorin

1 Like

Re: Atunwa Emerges Kwara PDP Governorship Candidate by bigmo1(m): 6:37am On Oct 02, 2018
This guy wey dey speak like oyinbo
Re: Atunwa Emerges Kwara PDP Governorship Candidate by Firefire(m): 6:38am On Oct 02, 2018
Kwara will surely be delivered from Bukole Saraki

1 Like

Re: Atunwa Emerges Kwara PDP Governorship Candidate by SarakiBukola: 6:45am On Oct 02, 2018
teebaxy:
Bolaji is actually Saraki anointed candidate and he didn’t win. Pls get ur facts right

siddon dia make pant dey wear you.

You really think Bolaji would have been defeated if Saraki had selected him?

Bukola Saraki would keep deceiving all the aspirants till he chooses whoever he feels is the most timid and malleable

3 Likes

Re: Atunwa Emerges Kwara PDP Governorship Candidate by dominech: 6:48am On Oct 02, 2018
If you av eva listened to this guy talk...then u will knw he is loaded...bt den lets wait till his fate is decided...i feel he is a good candidate...

2 Likes

Re: Atunwa Emerges Kwara PDP Governorship Candidate by Tfkspecial(m): 6:59am On Oct 02, 2018
Atunwa is a core sarakite who believes in their impoverishing agenda. Somebody like Bolaji Abdulahi is just in the fold of Saraki dynasty but does not really believe in the way they do things. Go and check his tenure as commissioner of education under Bukola, I can boldly say that he is best commissioner then. Saraki has finally lost kwara with the emergency of Razaq Atunwa. Kwara will be liberated this time

1 Like

Re: Atunwa Emerges Kwara PDP Governorship Candidate by Bbjbt123: 7:03am On Oct 02, 2018
Did you know mean of atunwa in yoruba language that means you will still come back later this is the end of saraki in kwara
Re: Atunwa Emerges Kwara PDP Governorship Candidate by Nobody: 7:04am On Oct 02, 2018
STILL MOURNING DEPARTED SOULS OF OFFA BANK ROBBERY
ONLY AN OFFA -BASTARD WILL NOT FEEL THE PAINS
JUST RUMINATING ON THE BELOW PIECE :
Societe Generale Bank _ Pen robbery
Intercontinental Bank _ Pen robbery
Trade Bank _ Pen robbery
GTBank _ Armed robbery
ECOBANK _ Armed robbery
Union Bank _ Armed robbery
Zenith Bank _ Armed robbery
FirstBank_ Armed robbery
Eight banks! Only one man!
B'oju o ba ti ole; o ye k'oju o ti ara'le ole (If a thief is not ashamed; his people ought to be ashamed). God will judge you, if you are still defending Saraki.
Re: Atunwa Emerges Kwara PDP Governorship Candidate by klax(m): 7:16am On Oct 02, 2018
buhariguy:
This one is a paper lightweight governorship candidate. Unknown house of Rep nuisance member from kwara central with thief saraki.
Tunde lemo or moddibo will crush these one.

Bro I say stop calling Saraki a thief. I have asked fool like you to please provide any loot evidence EFCC has brought so far against Saraki with the amount involved pls? All we heard is non total declaration of worth or wealth pls show me where its a crime in Nigeria constitution that non declaration of wealth is a criminal offense beside did Buhari declared his worth till date

It's too early to be call stupid because you lack facts and figures and apc shackle has blockade your thinking faculty thereby making you null.

Saraki is a thief saraki is a thief blabla your Mr Saint president wife called Aisha just ordered the arrest if her AIDE for stolen her N2.5billion and Aisha is not a thief pls may I ask you where did she got the billions from Or what limited or plc company do she own in Nigeria? And she is not a thief bro you need help.

Good luck to the newly elect. God bless.

2 Likes

Re: Atunwa Emerges Kwara PDP Governorship Candidate by mu2sa2: 7:19am On Oct 02, 2018
Holuwarsweun:

saraki didn't impose candidate.... he wasn't even in Ilorin
Hahahaha, are you for real. Everything that happened in that primary was prearranged by Saraki himself - from the pre- thumbed ballot papers, the withdrawal/ boycott by candidates to the reduction of contestants to lafiagi/Atunwa. All was wuruwuru to give a semblance of fairness but Atunwa was already penciled down.

2 Likes

Re: Atunwa Emerges Kwara PDP Governorship Candidate by israelmao(m): 7:20am On Oct 02, 2018
The guy knows his onions.
Re: Atunwa Emerges Kwara PDP Governorship Candidate by tuniski: 7:21am On Oct 02, 2018
kehinde1588:
I will say this over and over again. PDP is dead in kwara as Saraki end is near in kwara. Atunwa ko Atunlo ni
Pele!
Re: Atunwa Emerges Kwara PDP Governorship Candidate by deebsman1(m): 7:23am On Oct 02, 2018
buhariguy:
This one is a paper lightweight governorship candidate. Unknown house of Rep nuisance member from kwara central with thief saraki.
Is Tunde Lemo a Kwaran? Nairaland political analyst I hail

1 Like

Re: Atunwa Emerges Kwara PDP Governorship Candidate by fekolastic(m): 7:48am On Oct 02, 2018
The guy speaks intelligently and looks smart.
Re: Atunwa Emerges Kwara PDP Governorship Candidate by olaade21: 7:48am On Oct 02, 2018
Sammig1:

I have seen this guy on channels TV several times. He speaks well. Let's hope that he does the job for kwarans

Speaks well. Grammar, right ?. Colonial mentality.

2 Likes

Re: Atunwa Emerges Kwara PDP Governorship Candidate by DTaj: 7:50am On Oct 02, 2018
I have read some well-informed reactions just as I have read some pathetically uninformed ones, especially from persons who know nothing about Kwara.

Now, the facts:

1. Senate President Bukola Saraki was not in Ilorin during the inconclusive primary election held on Sunday; but he flew into Ilorin late on Sunday night after the commotion and fracas at the venue.

2. Before the primary was disrupted, Bolaji Abdullahi, a cerebral aspirant and tested Saraki ally, was leading by as much as 95% after Ifelodun local government delegates voted. It was when Asa local government delegates were voting that thugs (suspected to be Atunwa’s thugs) stormed the location and disrupted voting, and people ran for their lives.

3. It was SP Bukola Saraki who started applying pressure on the other candidates from Sunday night till Monday afternoon, especially Bolaji Abdullahi, to withdraw for his anointed candidate, Rasaq Atunwa. Following this, Ali Ahmad announced his withdrawal but others, including Bolaji Abdullahi, simply stayed away (boycotted) the venue of the primary, having seen that SP Saraki was hell-bent on imposing Atunwa.

4. Out of the front-runner candidates in PDP, it should have been Bolaji Abdullahi, Dr. Ali Ahmad, and Zakari Mohammed, in that order. Atunwa seemed to be the one without a mind of his own, despite his London accent; a complete stooge with no original ideas, as opposed to Bolaji and Ali, who are intellectuals with proven track records. Atunwa is the exact persona of the current Governor, Abdulfattah Ahmed- a picture of a subordinate Governor- a complete errand boy.

5. APC members, sympathizers, and other Kwarans who are neutral to both parties, are already jubilating in Ilorin after news hit town that Atunwa had been elected as PDP candidate.

6. For people who are not resident in Kwara State, or who are not indigenes of the state, but are making unfounded comments, I say emphatically that Saraki has committed a grave political blunder for foisting Atunwa on the party as candidate.

7. Atunwa is the weakest candidate among the front-running 5 candidates in the primaries. Atunwa is well-known to be aloof, arrogant, and very, very stingy; he has zero social/grassroots connection with Kwarans, and he is seen as completely useless in terms of attracting votes to the party. You may ask almost everyone who had worked with him since 2003 when Bukola Saraki appointed him into the cabinet, on the recommendation of his father, late Sen. Abubakar Olusola Saraki, who fortuitously met Atunwa in London and invited him into Kwara politics.

8. It might interest you all to note that whereas candidates such as Bolaji Abdullahi, Ali Ahmad, and others toured almost all the local governments in the state between August and end of September, Atunwa was the ONLY aspirant who did not do any tour beyond some few areas in Ilorin metropolis. It was as though he was already sure of the ticket and needed not to waste money touring anywhere.

9. In my view, and in the view of informed Kwarans, who know and read the political barometer in the state, Bukola Saraki has dug his own grave by anointing Atunwa. Senior APC people exchanged several text messages yesterday rejoicing over the choice of Atunwa. One of them said that they were largely afraid of Bolaji Abdullahi (or Ali Ahmad to an extent) emerging as candidate, but with Atunwa, it’s a walk-over!

10. This imposed candidate, Atunwa, might be the end of Saraki’s hold on the politics of Kwara. In the Ilorin Emirate where Atunwa claimed to have originated, Asa local government being part of Ilorin Emirate, he is hated with passion. Atunwa cannot win a single polling booth in Ilorin.

11. One diehard Saraki follower told me yesterday, that: “How will we sell Atunwa to the electorate? Leader (Saraki, that is) has killed us patapata. Atunwa? How When we had Bolaji and Ali Ahmad!”

12. The only thing APC in Kwara State needs to do is to ensure credible primaries and the emergence of a democratically-elected candidate; and this Atunwa clown will be easily defeated. Anything short of that may affect their chances.

These are facts!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atunwa Emerges Kwara PDP Governorship Candidate by Sammig1(m): 7:52am On Oct 02, 2018
olaade21:

Speaks well. Grammar, right ?. Colonial mentality.

I guess you didn't read the last part of my writeup... First to comment group of people
Re: Atunwa Emerges Kwara PDP Governorship Candidate by Sammig1(m): 7:54am On Oct 02, 2018
Blankstare:

He doesn't speak well,he just happens that he speaks through his nose. A reknown certified stooge,whom the gods will deal with, they will first make made,saraki is going mad for the fact that he presented this guy. With the tempo in ilorin today my 70yr old mum who have never engaged in politics will disgrace this guy by Feb..all you naysayers watch and see.

A renowned stooge as u said doesn't stop him from working. Osibanjo is a stooge of tinubu... He is working.
Let's wait for u n your 70yrs old mum to disgrace him in February. Till then, we are watching
Re: Atunwa Emerges Kwara PDP Governorship Candidate by olaade21: 7:57am On Oct 02, 2018
Sammig1:

I guess you didn't read the last part of my writeup... First to comment group of people

Dem go take grammar sell you. Inferior mind.

2 Likes

Re: Atunwa Emerges Kwara PDP Governorship Candidate by dasean1(m): 7:59am On Oct 02, 2018
Atunwa SARAKI.
Re: Atunwa Emerges Kwara PDP Governorship Candidate by Comrsaheed: 8:03am On Oct 02, 2018
Dis one that can not even win in his polling unit. Atunwa ko,,, Atunduro ni. Come 2019 all of them will be disgrace out of politics.

1 Like

Re: Atunwa Emerges Kwara PDP Governorship Candidate by buhariguy(m): 8:26am On Oct 02, 2018
klax:

Bro I say stop calling Saraki a thief. I have asked you to please provide any loot evidence EFCC has brought so far against Saraki with the amount involved pls? All we heard is non total declaration of worth or wealth pls show me where its a crime in Nigeria constitution that non declaration of wealth is a criminal offense beside did Buhari declared his worth till date

It's too early to be call stupid because you lack facts and figures and apc shackle has blockade your thinking faculty thereby making you null.

Saraki is a thief saraki is a thief blabla your Mr Saint president wife called Aisha just ordered the arrest if her AIDE for stolen her N2.5billion and Aisha is not a thief pls may I ask you where did she got the billions from Or what limited or plc company do she own in Nigeria? And she is not a thief bro you need help.

Good luck to the newly elect. God bless.
thief saraki has 1tr naira in Panama offshore account.
And the thief claim his wife is from a wealthy family.
In 8yrs as governor of kwara, no single project, all money enter his pocket,
He stole innocent people of their hard earned money when he was in charge of SGB .
On the issue of Aisha,
The jobless aggressive lazy idiotic pigs of bia-fra terrorist suppose to praise her for her genuineness,
Her adc use her name to collect 2.5b naira from corrupt politicians unaware, she never requested for the money
Re: Atunwa Emerges Kwara PDP Governorship Candidate by gare(f): 8:36am On Oct 02, 2018
buhariguy:
thief saraki has 1tr naira in Panama offshore account.
And the thief claim his wife is from a wealthy family.
In 8yrs as governor of kwara, no single project, all money enter his pocket,
He stole innocent people of their hard earned money when he was in charge SGM.
On the issue of Aisha,
The jobless aggressive lazy idiotic pigs of bia-fra terrorist suppose to praise her for her genuineness,
Her adc use her name to collect 2.5 naira from corrupt politicians unaware, she never requested for the money

Can you even sleep at all, because you sound so pained, when you have mega thieves in the party you support, please take it easy,its just that this is a paid job for you, if not i would have asked to you to take a break, it will be well just take it easy grin grin grin
Re: Atunwa Emerges Kwara PDP Governorship Candidate by mohammad11: 8:36am On Oct 02, 2018
kehinde1588:
I will say this over and over again. PDP is dead in kwara as Saraki end is near in kwara. Atunwa ko Atunlo ni

The train didn't enroute his route
Re: Atunwa Emerges Kwara PDP Governorship Candidate by slivertongue: 8:37am On Oct 02, 2018
Atunwa is d future govnor of kwara state
Re: Atunwa Emerges Kwara PDP Governorship Candidate by LarryBee1k: 9:24am On Oct 02, 2018
Bless you
Re: Atunwa Emerges Kwara PDP Governorship Candidate by LarryBee1k: 9:26am On Oct 02, 2018
Bless you
Re: Atunwa Emerges Kwara PDP Governorship Candidate by LarryBee1k: 9:29am On Oct 02, 2018
Bless you
Re: Atunwa Emerges Kwara PDP Governorship Candidate by maestroferdi: 10:12am On Oct 02, 2018
buhariguy:
You like talking nonsense a lot...

Razak Atunwa who was one of the most vocal members in the House is now a featherweight because he dumped the satanic party, abi?

Just kontinu....

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

NSCDC Arrest Wife Of Boko Haram Leader / Benjamin Kalu: Nigerian Legislature Poorest In The World / Princess Stella Oduah Won The Anambra North Senatorial Seat.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.