Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,224 members, 7,818,765 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:14 AM

See What I Did To Her To Make Her Smile - Mr Awesome - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / See What I Did To Her To Make Her Smile - Mr Awesome (573 Views)

I Did Not Rape Christiana / The Last Smile. / I Did Not Say I Am A Biafran - Chimamanda Adichie (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

See What I Did To Her To Make Her Smile - Mr Awesome by MrAwesome001(m): 7:34am On Oct 02, 2018
*Mr Awesome's Dairy*

6:00am
Ring ring, ring ring.
Picks my Call and turned on the record immediately.

Hello, Good morning, welcome to the dawn of a new Day, Hope you had a pleasant night, you're on to Mr Awesome, who's on the line and how may I help you.

*Caller(female):* with a cracky sleepy tired feminine voice) Wow, I almost thought you knew me, never heard any Nigerian sound that way on phone, my night was good, not very good tho, I've not been able to sleep but It's our independence and my birthday. No one has called me yet even though I waited all night, nor any text from anybody. But I have no option But to be happy at the dawn of a new day.

*Me* : (In my thoughts) (Mhmnn. I just asked how was your night and she's giving me details, this girl didn't grow in Nigeria.) "OK. Very well then! So how may I help you ma'am."

*Caller:* Well I've been reading your stuffs since last year August after I read the Diary of a slain boy , that is Somtochukwu's in owerri market disaster. And since then I and my friend have been keeping up with the Love stories, Relationship advise articles and poems. My best friend macky happens to be one of your clients for a relationship talk and she suggested that I call you, she said I'll feel good talking to you, so here am I sir. (she smiles.)

*Me :* Mmmhnn, I bet you do have a pretty set of teeth. Too good to cut into a yummy birthday cake. Happy birthday to You Cynthia.

*Caller :* uhmmm. Thanks, but how did you know my name cos I never mentioned and How would you know about my teeth we're only talking over the phone

*Me :* well, I use truecaller, your identity is not a mystery these days and I could feel the grace with which your cheek parted and those freshness slipped out between your tooth gaps. You sure do have a great smile

*Caller :* wow, I actually smiled and it wasn't Loud

*Me :* beautiful things don't stay silent, they radiate and I know when I meet one.

Caller, : Mhmnn. Soothing to the heart, never heard such words in a long time.

Me: that's alright, you deserve to be told every truth you need to know, I understand you have a breach in your relationship, he acts like he doesn't care anymore and there's a distance right?

Caller: well, yeah, kind of, but it's complicated anyway, there's more to it.

Me: Can we talk about it?

Caller: yeah sure,

Me : OK. I'm listening.

"then she began the long talk"

My point exactly is, every day of your life, endeavour to be the reason why someone would have to smile in a gloomy day.

After the long talk

Caller: I thank Goodness I spoke with you first this morning, I'm (full name withheld), from Edo state and currently I work with GTBank as a marketer.

Me: you're welcome, are you not going to work?

Caller : no dear. We need the holiday too you know! I stay around Ikeja, Hope to see you soon face to face whenever you come to Lagos.

Me: ( in my mind) ( I'm actually in Lagos, but ..... Nah we cant meet, I need to build the "over the phone guy reputation " like a living diary where people write their thoughts.) OK yeah sure we will. I'll just save your number.

Caller : thank you very much for livening up my day,

Me: ah don't mention, it's my job to make you happy, forward your email address to me.

Caller: hmm. But why

Me: I actually do have a poem for your birthday

Caller : wow, when did you write it

Me : just now, you'll love it.

Caller, : OMG! You wrote as we talked?I'm blushing right now. Can't wait.

Me : ok, I got to go, see you in your mailbox
Hangs up.

Now my second point exactly is
"fill up the empty spaces in people's lives whenever you get a chance, give love without a price, you'll feel fulfilled afterwards.

Have a pleasant Day
Mr Awesome

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Engineering Books For Free Download / Her Romantic Rebellion / "On And Ahead" - A Poem To Heal Depression By Mich Silversun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.