Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,083 members, 7,835,652 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:01 PM

And If We Call Them Confusionists. . . . . - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / And If We Call Them Confusionists. . . . . (596 Views)

Saraki's Visit To Maiduguri: Political Confusionists Shouldn’t Misinterpret... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

And If We Call Them Confusionists. . . . . by bkbabe90(m): 6:50pm On Jul 09, 2010
You’re a sellout, Izuogu tells Nwodo
From MODESTUS CHUKWULAKA, Abuja

Friday, July 9, 2010
A chieftain of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Dr. Ezekiel Izuogu, yesterday described the National Chairman of the party, Dr. Okwesilieze Nwodo, as a sellout, following the latter’s stance on the vexed issue of zoning.

Nwodo

advertisement

Nwodo had told reporters in Abuja on Wednesday that zoning, as far as the PDP, was concerned was a past tense, and had been jettisoned long before now. But Izuogu said the people of the South-East from where the national chairman hails had found his stance rather shocking.

Speaking to journalists in reaction to Nwodo’s comment in Abuja yesterday, Izuogu, a former national chairmanship candidate of the party, said the new party chairman was “on his own” and could not have spoken for anybody else.

He berated Nwodo for bringing his own personal sentiment to bear on official interpretation of a fundamental party issue, saying that the national chairman did not care to consult anybody before making his categorical statement.

He was particularly riled that Nwodo did not consult the South-East before his controversial comment on zoning, noting that he, as founding national secretary of the party and now national chairman, had been a beneficiary of the zoning arrangement put in place to address the issue of marginalization against some sections of the country by others.

“Nwodo’s statement came to everyone as a shock, especially in the South East. How can he say zoning is dead when he himself is a product of zoning? The appointment given to him is based on the fact that he is from the South East where the position is zoned to,” Izuogu said.

The eminent scientist-turned politician and former governorship candidate in Imo State, said the South East was in total support of the zoning arrangement in the party and was insisting that it should go round as a way of ensuring that every section of the country is given a sense of belonging.

‘Many of us in the South East are disappointed with him over that statement. How can he make such a pronouncement without consulting anyone? Unless he was misquoted by the media, we will remain shocked by his statement. The South East is supporting zoning and it should go round,” Izuogu further pointed out.

http://odili.net/news/source/2010/jul/9/511.html
Re: And If We Call Them Confusionists. . . . . by bkbabe90(m): 7:46pm On Jul 09, 2010
Call me any names u like, this is a clear case of one Ibo man standing up for wuts right (Nwodo) and another (Izuogu) berating him for not selling his soul to the devil, not having inferiority complex to always wanna play second fiddle. This is a clear case of cut off your nose to spite your face; the typical Ibo mentality. Crabs in a bucket!

PS:Of course, in fear, Nwodo has retracted his original statement!

http://odili.net/news/source/2010/jul/9/607.html
Re: And If We Call Them Confusionists. . . . . by MeAboki(m): 9:01pm On Jul 09, 2010
Its like you are too short sighted to see what the man could see from a distance.
Respecting the PDP zoning formula would literally guarantee the Ibo SE the presidency next after the present zoning (one term remainig balance) to the north.
Abondoning zoning at this point would mean to the Ibos throwing their assured slot (only one term away) up in the air and to chance - a chance that would seem less likely in a free and fair election as Nigerians continue to retrogress back, in their backwardness, into tribal and religious politics.
Re: And If We Call Them Confusionists. . . . . by MrFire: 9:07pm On Jul 09, 2010
There is no doubt that this poster is DEMENTED
Re: And If We Call Them Confusionists. . . . . by Nobody: 9:22pm On Jul 09, 2010
I said it and these igbo boys who couldnt see far said it was necessary igbo liase and support jonathan. . If the rotational presidency is going to be abandoned,then everybody should be allowed to contest.some godfather should not skim out some people because they wanted jonathan to become president by all means.it's either zoning or an all party presidential election
Re: And If We Call Them Confusionists. . . . . by bkbabe90(m): 1:11am On Jul 10, 2010
Mr Fire:

There is no doubt that this poster is DEMENTED

Hmmn, 98 posts!lol. Son, I'll advice you to pick ur battles carefully!
Re: And If We Call Them Confusionists. . . . . by MrFire: 2:18am On Jul 10, 2010
^^^^^^
Now repeat after me ''I, bk/babe90 am DEMENTED''.

Take a look at my signature below, see what it reads? You are finished; yes you are.
Re: And If We Call Them Confusionists. . . . . by bkbabe90(m): 2:31am On Jul 10, 2010
Wow, from the jungles of Biafra now u wanna pick a fight with someone from the golden city of Brooklyn? Keep digging ur own grave. . . . .
Re: And If We Call Them Confusionists. . . . . by OgidiBoy(m): 2:36am On Jul 10, 2010
bk/babe90:

Wow, from the jungles of Biafra now u wanna pick a fight with someone from the golden city of Brooklyn? Keep digging your own grave. . . . .

Jungles of Biafra? Dude you really are DEMENTED just because the crackhead in Brooklyn look up to you don't mean you Poo angry
Re: And If We Call Them Confusionists. . . . . by MrFire: 2:40am On Jul 10, 2010
bk/babe90:

Wow, from the jungles of Biafra now u wanna pick a fight with someone from the golden city of Brooklyn? Keep digging your own grave. . . . .

A yoruba bas=tard from Ajegunle, you mean?
Re: And If We Call Them Confusionists. . . . . by bkbabe90(m): 2:56am On Jul 10, 2010
Mr Fire:

A yoruba bas=tard from Ajegunle, you mean?

Ok, I see u wont even be competition! Hit me with something witty and watch me destroy u so bad u start catching the shakes anytime u sight a keyboard! Until then. . . . .

(1) (Reply)

Babangida On Youtube / Waziri Turns On Jonathan, Tells Us Officials The President Is Interfering With: / Opposition In Disarray

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.