Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,126 members, 7,835,775 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:48 PM

Why Nigeria Is Being Encircled By Military Bases. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Nigeria Is Being Encircled By Military Bases. (30008 Views)

Air Force Jet Crash-Lands In Akure, Covered Up By Military - Sahara Reporters / Nnamdi Kanu: Buhari Encircled And Trapped In His Yokohama Hotel Hideout / Photos Of Ateke Tom's Residence After Being Raided By Military Men In Rivers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Nigeria Is Being Encircled By Military Bases. by mabea: 12:51pm On Oct 02, 2018
Tonero231:
I dont think that American need all those things to deal with Nigeria that has the lifeless one as the president.

They can just come straight from their base, beat us and go back. They can even beat us home and awayaway grin
My brother dont mind this hypothetical writer

1 Like

Re: Why Nigeria Is Being Encircled By Military Bases. by CodeTemplar: 12:54pm On Oct 02, 2018
The dying European power simply objects to resurgent Nigeria living up to its full potential after seeing the progress made in just under a decade of democratic governance.
The powers that be object to Nigeria's growing economy and military power at the same time China's influence on the continent. Such powers are reserved for France and America, goes the thinking. So, we’ll threaten anyone who challenges that with war.
This part exposed the OP as an anti-US and pro Islamic element trying to propagate falsehood.
What is in Nigeria that is to be envied that western forces will be insecure about? The only insecurity the western forces see is that of a toxic Islamic influence gaining momentum in Sahara Africa and has Nigeria as its most fertile ground.

Imagine the speed at which Igbos are crushed without provocation but sharia and BH controls territories and hoist flags in this same Nigeria.
Why was Shiite too crushed but BH and herdsmen thriving.

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Nigeria Is Being Encircled By Military Bases. by PDJT: 12:54pm On Oct 02, 2018
Good. Very good, if true.
Biafrans support The USA and Israel.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Nigeria Is Being Encircled By Military Bases. by jeeka321: 12:54pm On Oct 02, 2018
Tonero231:
I dont think that American need all those things to deal with Nigeria that has the lifeless one as the president.

They can just come straight from their base, beat us and go back. They can even beat us home and awayaway grin

Keep rubbishing yourselves. That's the problem with black man, busy hating his fellow black person. White man plans for decade of mission and yet your problem is buhari whom at most cant be in power for more than 8 years. When their mission is ready, it wouldn't matter who is in power, they would just destroy the whole country. Have your kill yourselves as they watch on satellite.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigeria Is Being Encircled By Military Bases. by Rollitout: 12:55pm On Oct 02, 2018
The solution to this problem is to build air defensive system in lagos, abuja, PH , Ibadan and kaduna.
Also build a drone that is capable of carrying tones of misile that can strike from air to ground
Build a radar that will monitor the activities of any object flying within the Nigerian air space.
Buy sophisticated tanks for the military and equip the navy with the latest submarine ship

2 Likes

Re: Why Nigeria Is Being Encircled By Military Bases. by techstack: 12:55pm On Oct 02, 2018
lonelydora:
US destroyed Libya, Iraq, Afghanistan, etc and are gradually inching to destroy Nigeria. All because of oil. Check all the wars currently going on and see the role US played.

And this why i love Putin. He is somehow helping in checkmating the excesses of US.

US has no reason to destroy Nigeria

Their a fruitful relationship

1 Like

Re: Why Nigeria Is Being Encircled By Military Bases. by Softhands(m): 12:58pm On Oct 02, 2018
The day Nigeria signed the Anti-gay law and called America's bluff on same sex marriage in Nigeria, that day we fired a shot that hit some old gays in the Whitehouse. In response, they had to first, overthrow the slowpoke(as the call him) that started it then break the giant down gradually... This is a 50 years plan and they know every tactic to employ in undermining Nigeria.

The FG had better act now, otherwise we shld be ready to kiss our sovereignty goodbye in less than 50years.
Re: Why Nigeria Is Being Encircled By Military Bases. by richeeyo(m): 1:04pm On Oct 02, 2018
masterP042:
Propaganda, they don't need military bases, only two f35 and one submarine can take down our fvcking military, within minutes. Is it with these outdated weapons they will use to defend Nigeria?
Bros please give the new F35 a break

The F16s and A10 Warthug are more than enough to take out Nigeria millitary

2 Likes

Re: Why Nigeria Is Being Encircled By Military Bases. by OlujobaSamuel: 1:04pm On Oct 02, 2018
Ugosample:

I don't know what to say.

The story look a credible, but I don't know whether it's true indeed

it's the kind of thing America can do, so I am not surprised

But then, leaders in Nigeria are too too stupid to even think

we are shouting pdp and apc
leaders you say
we have western appointed puppets leading us.
That's why we have a *diseducating system so as to prevent the citizens from having a sound exposure on how true leaders should act.
I still say it times without number, all this terrorist dont manufacture weapons nor cars, 3rd world nations dont, then who are the producers, who are the sellers, a private company/individual can never ever have unlimited cash to sponsor any war, only a govt can do all these.
Is itUS, UK, Russia, China, Germany, France or who?
One day one day sha, my end will come as mortal, I want my offspring if any to have a good record about me and my immediate community should say a good man is gone to rest.
Re: Why Nigeria Is Being Encircled By Military Bases. by dreality: 1:05pm On Oct 02, 2018
Some Nigerians will not believe this threat from the US because they love America more than their country

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Nigeria Is Being Encircled By Military Bases. by Bnez(m): 1:05pm On Oct 02, 2018
Rollitout:
The solution to this problem is to build air defensive system in lagos, abuja, PH , Ibadan and kaduna.
Also build a drone that is capable of carrying tones of misile that can strike from air to ground
Build a radar that will monitor the activities of any object flying within the Nigerian air space.
Buy sophisticated tanks for the military and equip the navy with the latest submarine ship
Hahaha laughs in "this is not Wakanda my fwend!"

2 Likes

Re: Why Nigeria Is Being Encircled By Military Bases. by Turantula(m): 1:07pm On Oct 02, 2018
Is it not better for U.S to start testing nuclear weapons in Nigeria. That is what this hell hole will be good for. By the way Nigeria is just another midget never a giant by any standard. Poverty capital of the world na giant for OP mind

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Nigeria Is Being Encircled By Military Bases. by Slimlord(m): 1:07pm On Oct 02, 2018
To be honest I understood nothing
Re: Why Nigeria Is Being Encircled By Military Bases. by Ugosample(m): 1:08pm On Oct 02, 2018
OlujobaSamuel:

leaders you say
we have western appointed puppets leading us.
That's why we have a *diseducating system so as to prevent the citizens from having a sound exposure on how true leaders should act.
I still say it times without number, all this terrorist dont manufacture weapons nor cars, 3rd world nations dont, then who are the producers, who are the sellers, a private company/individual can never ever have unlimited cash to sponsor any war, only a govt can do all these.
Is itUS, UK, Russia, China, Germany, France or who?
One day one day sha, my end will come as mortal, I want my offspring if any to have a good record about me and my immediate community should say a good man is gone to rest.

well about govt financing conflict, I cannot say..

But I was in a conference in one country like that, and I got to find out that sometimes, who realty finance conflicts in Africa are the multinational establishment operating there

using rebels or gangs to terrorise govts they don't like

And then getting favour after the gov't has been kicked out

I was shocked like shocked shocked
Re: Why Nigeria Is Being Encircled By Military Bases. by Haywhaie(m): 1:11pm On Oct 02, 2018
Rollitout:
Lol. To be used against who? The Americans? America has more firepower than it knows what to do with. Nigeria cannever defend itself against Uncle Sam. It's a pipe dream. The best we can do is allying with their rivals in the East; The Chinese and the Russians.

Otherwise....... the world police will be creating another failed state.

If America's coming for us, there's nothing we can do.

2 Likes

Re: Why Nigeria Is Being Encircled By Military Bases. by themanderon: 1:11pm On Oct 02, 2018
Whether they come or not it don't concern me. After all we are also suffering a kind of internal colonisation in this country. How many will be willing to sacrifice their lives for the country considering the way it treats the citizens today? Certainly not me cos it ain't worth dying for.
Re: Why Nigeria Is Being Encircled By Military Bases. by Bnez(m): 1:12pm On Oct 02, 2018
dreality:
Some Nigerians will not believe this threat from the US because they love America more than their country
Before nko, my brother nobody can die for this yeye nation except Jesus o.

They should go and collect their 'die for me' from the cross of Calvary.
Re: Why Nigeria Is Being Encircled By Military Bases. by naijapikin2(m): 1:17pm On Oct 02, 2018
conspiracy theories everywhere. let's see.how it goes. nothing pass my God
Re: Why Nigeria Is Being Encircled By Military Bases. by jaxxy(m): 1:20pm On Oct 02, 2018
Softhands:
I am speechless...

The Federal Government needs to act fast and infact act now... Put a halt to trade deals with America immediately and pull out of all bilateral deals if they refuse to stop.

We won't survive these attacks if war breaks out. We won't!

#FGactNow

America will never go after/invade a sound/true democratic government they only go after/observe countries with terrorist ties or anti democratic tendencies. Nigeria has one already and is leaning toward the 2nd.

Then off course we are getting to attached to China in a risky business/loans arrangement.

That’s all.
Re: Why Nigeria Is Being Encircled By Military Bases. by sirabu: 1:23pm On Oct 02, 2018
When Nigerian Christians are celebrating Africom, by thinking only Muslims will suffer USA conspiracy against third world countries. Due to their myopic views.

Kindly read the " confession of economic hit man" .

CIA has killed heads of state that are more Christian than the pope. Its ain't about religion but economic interest.

Why do Nigerian Christians fail to ask themselves ...The British brought Christianity to Nigerian, when they converted pagans to the church. But preferred to hand over government to the Muslims during independence.

Why is it America romance Saudi Arabia a Muslim country more than south Sudan a Christian majority country.

Well the kwashiorkor really destroyed ipob minds during the Nigerian civil war. I don't blame their descendants. But other Christians don't have excuse for not seeing straight. Lines.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Nigeria Is Being Encircled By Military Bases. by research56: 1:26pm On Oct 02, 2018
Forget about Ghana politicians being brain dead in terms of national defense; its their interest that matters. Such statement should be for Nigeria. Nigeria defence decisions is becoming archaic; no realistic improvement/modernisation. At least by now Nigeria should have learnt lessons from libya, iraq, iran, china, & host of others. Instead they keep using ideas of 1842. I weep for Nigeria in advance.

2 Likes

Re: Why Nigeria Is Being Encircled By Military Bases. by leisuretym: 1:26pm On Oct 02, 2018
not my business, the country is useless already, that is cabal problem.
Re: Why Nigeria Is Being Encircled By Military Bases. by Nobody: 1:26pm On Oct 02, 2018
masterP042:
Propaganda, they don't need military bases, only two f35 and one submarine can take down our fvcking military, within minutes. Is it with these outdated weapons they will use to defend Nigeria?

Such ignorance! If you don't know, get in the know! there is a reason why over Two-Trillion-Dollars $$$ have been spent on the war in Afghanistan and Iraq and there is still no end in sight despite all the F22s and F35s as well as numerous military bases in and around these countries. ISIS and al-queda are still holding positions and reigns in the region!

Iran as well is being sorrounded by military bases but Iran isn't sleeping on this. They are working day and night on their defense and their military intelligence unit is one of the best in the world!

Nigerian leaders and her people need to wake tff up before we are completely and absolutely helpless!

It's time we all put aside political differences and speak as one!

A word they say is enough for the wise!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Nigeria Is Being Encircled By Military Bases. by ipobarecriminals: 1:26pm On Oct 02, 2018
sad cool cheesy grin cheesy angry angry
Ebimor96:

grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy

Can the Python Dancing Nigerian misfits you call soldiers face the highly trained soldiers of the United States Marine Corps or the US Special Forces?

I laff in Chinese version of laughter.
angry
Ebimor96:

grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy

Can the Python Dancing Nigerian misfits you call soldiers face the highly trained soldiers of the United States Marine Corps or the US Special Forces?

I laff in Chinese version of laughter.
Dnt worry,we too have crocodile smile
Re: Why Nigeria Is Being Encircled By Military Bases. by obyback: 1:27pm On Oct 02, 2018
masterP042:
You are not smart at all. My opinion

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Nigeria Is Being Encircled By Military Bases. by Haywhaie(m): 1:27pm On Oct 02, 2018
So many moröns on this thread. I really pity this Western-sodomized imbéciles.

America is always WILLING and very much capable of doing worse things than this. History has shown that over and over again. Yet we have some cretins dismissing this out of hand as a conspiracy theory. These are the kind of retärds the Nigerian education system is designed to churn-out every new year. Brainwashed Western Puppets.

It is one thing to know what America stands for, but decide to refrain from swallowing this report hook, line, and sinker, for rationality's sake, whilst keeping an open mind (since we all know the Americans can be dirty like that - except for the stupid ignorant ones who know zilch, since the cretins never pick up a book and read). It is another thing entirely to choose to be a myopic, close-minded idiot, dismissing it as propaganda.

One idiot accused the author of being a terrorist and ISIS sympathiser. But ask the brainless fool, what is America doing in Syria? Does America believe in freedom and democracy? Do Americans have values, or do they just go around the world doing whatever they like, believing that might is right and that the end justifies the means, and fück "human rights", freedumb and dumbocracy? What exactly makes the claims in the OP unbelievable? Isn't that what the Yankees have been doing for the past 7 decades? The same America poured resources into the Mujahideen in Afghanistan against the atheist Soviets. And they've never stopped sponsoring terrorists and rebels since then. What do you think 9/11 was about? It was their very own handiwork coming back to scorch them in form of Osama Bin Laden.

Any interested person can read up on Operation Northwoods to know just how despicable these people are.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Nigeria Is Being Encircled By Military Bases. by madridsta007(m): 1:28pm On Oct 02, 2018
masterP042:

I’m sure Ghaddafi’s supporters screamed “propaganda!” when the US was encircling and asking Ghaddafi to come to the West for State visits, etc.
Till they struck.

The US can’t compete with China on the economic front in Africa. They went to sleep while China’s Belt Project had its footprint in Asia, part of Europe and Africa. But not anymore. Pentagon is fully awake. Since they can’t compete economically, what they can do effectively is to make sure Africa is turned to Congo and Libya where they can deploy and pay military contractors to pay for protection of key economic facilities and installations.

That’s part of the reason why GEJ was removed. We can let this truth be drowned by the emotive emptiness of “GEJ was a failure”— a lie cooked in Washington and bought by Tinubu in his quest to oust GEJ. Can’t you ask yourself why the US never supports any independently-minded and educated African anywhere? Sadly, Nigerians do not read and do not see beyond pre colonial tribal lines to see and understand that there is a common imperial enemy who doesn’t care about Hausa, Igbo or Yoruba or the black man and will do all to stop any resurgent African State.

Hopefully, I should have some time soon to write about this.

4 Likes

Re: Why Nigeria Is Being Encircled By Military Bases. by obyback: 1:29pm On Oct 02, 2018
Realname:
[[s][/s]

A Bokoharam sponsored article

US bases only threaten terrorists and their sponsors

What are you afraid of?

Has buhari been sending money to ISIS?

You say ISIS is not in Nigeria ? Really ? When our borders are more porous than a wet sponge? When Niger fulani killers walk in and out of Nigeria as they like and now you claim there is no ISIS here? Hahahaha

This is a nonsense article written by terrorist sympathizers who want their agenda unchecked
Another "unsmart" one

1 Like

Re: Why Nigeria Is Being Encircled By Military Bases. by HarryDuce(m): 1:31pm On Oct 02, 2018
lonelydora:
US destroyed Libya, Iraq, Afghanistan, etc and are gradually inching to destroy Nigeria. All because of oil. Check all the wars currently going on and see the role US played.

And this why i love Putin. He is somehow helping in checkmating the excesses of US.
You might say so. I think the US government has no particular interest in Nigeria per say, but her neighbours. I'm particularly interested in why Ghana decided to go into any military agreement in the first place, considering how their president went on a rant in the just concluded UN meeting.

For other countries, their intention is fairly obvious. They want resources; uranium and such. But for Nigeria, I'd say they don't want any country to have the kind of pan African effect Libya once had on the continent. It's not difficult to figure out why.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigeria Is Being Encircled By Military Bases. by lapazi(m): 1:36pm On Oct 02, 2018
masterP042:

The f35 jets where will they fly from, where will they refuel?

The submarines, what water way will they follow, or you think they have the rights to just move in on any territory?

You clearly read the write-up but you didn't understand it.

Smh

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

President Buhari Dines With NASS Leaders In Abuja(photos) / South-East Will Support Jonathan Though He Failed Igbos - APGA / President Buhari Presents 10-Months Scorecard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.