Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,321 members, 7,811,948 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:59 AM

Biriyai Dambo And Ayebaesin Edoghotu-Omoh Want To Replace Ben Bruce Senate Seat - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biriyai Dambo And Ayebaesin Edoghotu-Omoh Want To Replace Ben Bruce Senate Seat (31038 Views)

A Repentant Bokoharam Gave Us Info On Soldiers Before The Recent Attack In Dambo / Abba Moro Wins Benue South Senate Seat, Replaces David Mark after 20 years / How I Was Forced To Announce Okorocha Winner Of Senate Seat – INEC REC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Biriyai Dambo And Ayebaesin Edoghotu-Omoh Want To Replace Ben Bruce Senate Seat by Daniyke88(m): 2:39pm On Oct 02, 2018
The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that both men arrived the party’s state secretariat in Yenagoa, on Wednesday, with their supporters.

A Senior Advocate of Nigeria (SAN), Mr Biriyai Dambo, and the former Deputy Speaker of the Bayelsa State House of Assembly, Chief Ayebaesin Edoghotu-Omoh, have all purchased and submitted the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) nomination forms to replace Senator Ben Murray- Bruce in the Senate, in next year’s election

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that both men arrived the party’s state secretariat in Yenagoa, on Wednesday, with their supporters.
Separately, they said it was high time the occupier of the seat came from another council area, in fulfilment of the zoning arrangement in the senatorial district.

NAN can confirm that the seat has always been held in rotation by the three Local Government Areas, which are Ogbia, Nembe and Brass.

The first person elected in 1999 for the district was former governor Melford Okilo, who died in 2008. He was from Ogbia. He was followed in 2003 by Spiff Inatim Rufus from Brass, who gave way to Senator Nimi Barigha Amange , from Nembe in 2007. In 2011, Senator Clever Marcus Ikisikpo was elected. He represented Ogbia council. Then Murray-Bruce from Brass succeeded him in 2015. Now two Nembe indigenes have thrown their hats in the ring to replace the ‘common sense’ senator.

Chief Edoghotu-Omoh, said he is aspiring to succeed Senator Ben Bruce in order to attract the dividends of democracy to his constituents and contribute his quota for the national development.

“I will work to ensure that my people are carried along in the scheme of things in Nigeria, I will work assiduously to ensure that petroleum industry bill becomes law, because the bill is so dear to the heart of every Niger Deltan. I will also work for the passage of land use act, because it will benefit my people.

” I am the most qualified person for the senatorial position, because I am a grassroots person. My records as the deputy speaker speak for me. I am coming to contribute my quota to the national development and bring good dividends of democracy to my people, I believe I can do more than what others have done,” he said.

He said Bayelsa East senatorial district always adopts rotation for the senatorial seat to give room for equitable representation and allow every section of the society to also feel the sense of government.

The former lawmaker said zoning is part of the PDP constitution and must be adhered to strictly.

Also, Mr Dambo, SAN, promised to tackle environmental degradation and protection of entire Niger Delta region when he is elected.

https://newsdey.com/2018/10/meet-2-seasoned-politicians-eyeing-ben-bruce-s-senate-seat-id8814729-html-2/

Re: Biriyai Dambo And Ayebaesin Edoghotu-Omoh Want To Replace Ben Bruce Senate Seat by CROWNWEALTH019(m): 2:41pm On Oct 02, 2018
cheesy
Re: Biriyai Dambo And Ayebaesin Edoghotu-Omoh Want To Replace Ben Bruce Senate Seat by Kingosytex(m): 2:43pm On Oct 02, 2018
am really gonna miss ben-bruce, the senator representing twitter senatorial zone

50 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Biriyai Dambo And Ayebaesin Edoghotu-Omoh Want To Replace Ben Bruce Senate Seat by talk2archy: 3:54pm On Oct 02, 2018
And they cannot still change the condition of thus man... Wicked people

8 Likes

Re: Biriyai Dambo And Ayebaesin Edoghotu-Omoh Want To Replace Ben Bruce Senate Seat by davibid: 3:54pm On Oct 02, 2018
Sha yaaaaa kpele Ben Bruce

We the law abiding citizens of the Federal Republic of Twitter will miss you

Signed

Concerned Citizens of Twitter and Lovers of Common Sense

6 Likes

Re: Biriyai Dambo And Ayebaesin Edoghotu-Omoh Want To Replace Ben Bruce Senate Seat by Sunofgod(m): 3:54pm On Oct 02, 2018
They don't look like they have common sense...

10 Likes

Re: Biriyai Dambo And Ayebaesin Edoghotu-Omoh Want To Replace Ben Bruce Senate Seat by nwakibie3(m): 3:55pm On Oct 02, 2018
where are the youths naa

5 Likes

Re: Biriyai Dambo And Ayebaesin Edoghotu-Omoh Want To Replace Ben Bruce Senate Seat by talk2archy: 3:55pm On Oct 02, 2018
Kingosytex:
am really gonna miss ben-bruce, the senator representing twitter senatorial zone
Can you repeat what you just said?

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biriyai Dambo And Ayebaesin Edoghotu-Omoh Want To Replace Ben Bruce Senate Seat by BruncleZuma: 3:56pm On Oct 02, 2018
grin grin grin grin
Re: Biriyai Dambo And Ayebaesin Edoghotu-Omoh Want To Replace Ben Bruce Senate Seat by Komolafe89: 3:56pm On Oct 02, 2018
talk2archy:

Can you repeat what you just said?
Read it again now

9 Likes

Re: Biriyai Dambo And Ayebaesin Edoghotu-Omoh Want To Replace Ben Bruce Senate Seat by AmazingELixir: 3:56pm On Oct 02, 2018
undecided
Re: Biriyai Dambo And Ayebaesin Edoghotu-Omoh Want To Replace Ben Bruce Senate Seat by Benekruku(m): 3:57pm On Oct 02, 2018
Kingosytex:

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Biriyai Dambo And Ayebaesin Edoghotu-Omoh Want To Replace Ben Bruce Senate Seat by TheOdd1sOut: 3:57pm On Oct 02, 2018
ben bruce is the most truthful senator out there
not like the monopolistic cabals there

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biriyai Dambo And Ayebaesin Edoghotu-Omoh Want To Replace Ben Bruce Senate Seat by Sirheny007(m): 3:57pm On Oct 02, 2018
These men look like gamblers.

2 Likes

Re: Biriyai Dambo And Ayebaesin Edoghotu-Omoh Want To Replace Ben Bruce Senate Seat by BABARAINBOW7(m): 3:58pm On Oct 02, 2018
The Jagaban himself

Re: Biriyai Dambo And Ayebaesin Edoghotu-Omoh Want To Replace Ben Bruce Senate Seat by osazeeblue01: 3:59pm On Oct 02, 2018
haahaha.

1 Like

Re: Biriyai Dambo And Ayebaesin Edoghotu-Omoh Want To Replace Ben Bruce Senate Seat by Tracypacy(f): 4:00pm On Oct 02, 2018
Stop telling single ladies to stop dating married men, if you wont tell the married men to stop dating single ladies.
Telling someone "you are destroying a home" is not as important as telling the right person that "He is destroying His home"
Don't be sexist.

1 Like

Re: Biriyai Dambo And Ayebaesin Edoghotu-Omoh Want To Replace Ben Bruce Senate Seat by Nobody: 4:00pm On Oct 02, 2018
cheesy

Emm (clears throat), by Senator Ben Murray Bruce you mean, Twitter BRUCE LEE. Chairman, Senate Committee on Twitter Affairs cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biriyai Dambo And Ayebaesin Edoghotu-Omoh Want To Replace Ben Bruce Senate Seat by gen2briz(m): 4:01pm On Oct 02, 2018
I wish any of them success,at least Ben burce will face twitter real time. NA chair he go warm for house.
Re: Biriyai Dambo And Ayebaesin Edoghotu-Omoh Want To Replace Ben Bruce Senate Seat by Factfinder1(m): 4:01pm On Oct 02, 2018

3 Likes

Re: Biriyai Dambo And Ayebaesin Edoghotu-Omoh Want To Replace Ben Bruce Senate Seat by VillageHead: 4:02pm On Oct 02, 2018
someone will still blame Ben bruce's standing down on us the village ones.
Re: Biriyai Dambo And Ayebaesin Edoghotu-Omoh Want To Replace Ben Bruce Senate Seat by Lanre4uonly(m): 4:02pm On Oct 02, 2018
Time will tell.
Re: Biriyai Dambo And Ayebaesin Edoghotu-Omoh Want To Replace Ben Bruce Senate Seat by Sholaco: 4:04pm On Oct 02, 2018
Ok....if Jonathan like let him come and do senator
Re: Biriyai Dambo And Ayebaesin Edoghotu-Omoh Want To Replace Ben Bruce Senate Seat by Wiki9ja: 4:05pm On Oct 02, 2018
M
Re: Biriyai Dambo And Ayebaesin Edoghotu-Omoh Want To Replace Ben Bruce Senate Seat by KanwuliaExtra: 4:05pm On Oct 02, 2018
Nigerian men UGGGGGGGGGLY sha!
WHAT IS DIS?
Kai!!!! cry
Re: Biriyai Dambo And Ayebaesin Edoghotu-Omoh Want To Replace Ben Bruce Senate Seat by yjgm(m): 4:05pm On Oct 02, 2018
Little wonder Ben Bruce didn't work. This kind of arrangement is not good o
Re: Biriyai Dambo And Ayebaesin Edoghotu-Omoh Want To Replace Ben Bruce Senate Seat by Henryjr(m): 4:06pm On Oct 02, 2018
This rotation pattern has many good and bad sides.it doesn't give room for commitment and strategic planning.
Anyways, I still prefer this to the sit tight system where people like Sen. Emmanuel Paulker(bayelsa central) will be sitting there for donkey years without effecting any change to better the lives of the constituent's.

Bayelsa west should adopt zoning system asap
Re: Biriyai Dambo And Ayebaesin Edoghotu-Omoh Want To Replace Ben Bruce Senate Seat by Aystarz: 4:07pm On Oct 02, 2018
Tracypacy:
Stop telling single ladies to stop dating married men, if you wont tell the married men to stop dating single ladies.
Telling someone "you are destroying a home" is not as important as telling the right person that "He is destroying His home"
Don't be sexist.

U miss road
Re: Biriyai Dambo And Ayebaesin Edoghotu-Omoh Want To Replace Ben Bruce Senate Seat by Factfinder1(m): 4:07pm On Oct 02, 2018
cool

1 Like

Re: Biriyai Dambo And Ayebaesin Edoghotu-Omoh Want To Replace Ben Bruce Senate Seat by BABARAINBOW7(m): 4:09pm On Oct 02, 2018

(1) (2) (Reply)

Five Killed In Dei Dei, Abuja Riot / BVAS Did Not Transmit Feb 25 Presidential Election Results – INEC Adhoc Staff / NASS Members Receive Brand New Suvs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.