Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,600 members, 7,809,179 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:19 AM

Godwin Emefiele, How Hard Is It To Print New 100 Naira Notes?! Educate Us!! - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Godwin Emefiele, How Hard Is It To Print New 100 Naira Notes?! Educate Us!! (38943 Views)

Godwin Emefiele: February 10 Deadline On Old Naira Notes Stands / CBN Spends N281bn To Print New Notes In 5 Years / 100 Naira Denomination In Circulation Are Worn Out. Who Else Has Noticed This? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Godwin Emefiele, How Hard Is It To Print New 100 Naira Notes?! Educate Us!! by alezzy13: 1:56pm On Oct 03, 2018
theoldpretender:
If you want new 100 nara notes

1.Be prepeared for run away inflation...because overexcess of samll denomination naira notes means more money chasing few goods=inflation.

2.Be prepared for our foreign exchange reserve to be drained even more...BECAUSE it costs billions of dollars to print notes..which means less dollars to buffer the naira= inflation.

Better we find ways to improve our forex reserve by...you know...removing subsidies, fighitng kwarruption pery well, industrial development, getting off oil dependency.

Which kind boju boju economics be this? Printing of lower denomination notes leading to inflation? When in fact it is the direct opposite. It is the higher denominated notes that actually lead to inflation.
Re: Godwin Emefiele, How Hard Is It To Print New 100 Naira Notes?! Educate Us!! by Nobody: 1:58pm On Oct 03, 2018
To people trying to justify the Arabic inscription on our naira, ask yourself, how come the Arabic script is not on Ghana's ceedis, as they have a sizeable muslim population too? Show me any other African country outside of the Maghrebian/Islamic nations of North Africa that has the Arabic script? They're just being mischievous. So the UN, US, UK African countries and countries who use their lingua franca only in their meetings are missing something. Is Aramaic a part of our lingua franca?
Re: Godwin Emefiele, How Hard Is It To Print New 100 Naira Notes?! Educate Us!! by alezzy13: 1:58pm On Oct 03, 2018
nobilie:
Do you know that changing new currency in different denominations is a business in Nigeria. This shouldn't be. Commercial banks sell mints to people who hold the money until they meet with someone ready to pay for them.
At a market in Lagos, you'll receive N650(in N100 new note) for N1000 old note.
People spray this new notes at occasions. Celebrants then keep the notes to spend at special times. This is also one of the reasons new #100 notes are rearly available.

So where do those marketers get the new notes from?
Re: Godwin Emefiele, How Hard Is It To Print New 100 Naira Notes?! Educate Us!! by theoldpretender(m): 2:01pm On Oct 03, 2018
alezzy13:

Which kind boju boju economics be this? Printing of lower denomination notes leading to inflation? When in fact it is the direct opposite. It is the higher denominated notes that actually lead to inflation.

Well , yes, that is true....BUT...having more lower denominated notes....means you have to spend scarce forex printing them....which means our forex reserves go down...which makes inflation worse.

Plus...you also need more smaller denomination notes to buy stuff...and that makes inflation worse too.
Re: Godwin Emefiele, How Hard Is It To Print New 100 Naira Notes?! Educate Us!! by Nobody: 2:01pm On Oct 03, 2018
theoldpretender:

1.The language on our Naira note is not ARABIC...but Hausa written in the ARABIC SCRIPT.

(Japanese and Korean are also written partly in the Chinese script, as are English, German, French written in the LATIN/ROMAN SCRIPT).

2.Many NorthernHausa still write using the Arabic script in Hausa.....though Hausa is now increasingly being written in the ROMAN/latin script....

3.Hausa is a Nigerian language.iT IS also spoken in many West African countries....Niger, Benin and Ghana are examples.!

4.Anyway...me too I think the Ajami script should go. i am just tired of Nigerians claiming that Arabic=Muslim. So, Al Kitab...the Christian Bible in Arabic is a Muslim book?

Why should Hausa be written in arabic script? Yoruba translation of the value of the note is written in Yoruba alphabet, same with Igbo... Why should Hausa's be different. Those are mischievous arguments to foist a religious agenda on Nigeria.
Re: Godwin Emefiele, How Hard Is It To Print New 100 Naira Notes?! Educate Us!! by toggy: 2:04pm On Oct 03, 2018
They cannot print 100 note because they don't see it or touch it!
1,000 naira notes and dollars is what they spend always.
Re: Godwin Emefiele, How Hard Is It To Print New 100 Naira Notes?! Educate Us!! by alezzy13: 2:05pm On Oct 03, 2018
WritePal:
OP, there's a theory flying around in hush tones that the reasons are not economic or even about Emefiele. That it is an order from above.

Or how come lower notes like N50 and N20 have recent dates of 2017 and 2018, but only the N100 printed by Jonathan (the 2014 anniversary ones) and the ones that predates his administration are in circulation? How come no one in the presidency has raised any objection to the presence of mangled N100 naira notes everywhere? How come you should be more concerned than them?

So, what's the theory? You asked

That it's all because there are no Aramaic/Arabic notes in the 2014 Centenary Anniversary N100 as GEJ got them removed.

That Buhari would have ordered the Emefiele/CBN to revert to printing the old N100 notes that had the Aramaic/Arabic notes instead, but refrained on advice so as to not to appear as vindictive and openly religiously bigot. So, he decided both the old and new N100 notes are left and none is reprinted. So you cannot find a N100 note printed later then 2014!

You can investigate. It's a theory. Maybe just a conspiracy theory or a fact.

Abeg u guys should stop all these crap. What about 20, 50 naira notes? Have their printing also been stopped?
Re: Godwin Emefiele, How Hard Is It To Print New 100 Naira Notes?! Educate Us!! by theoldpretender(m): 2:05pm On Oct 03, 2018
WritePal:

Why should Hausa be written in arabic script? Yoruba translation of the value of the note is written in Yoruba alphabet, same with Igbo... Why should Hausa's be different. Those are mischievous arguments to foist a religious agenda on Nigeria.

Why should English be written in the Roman Italian/Latin script.? Or for that matter our native languages....Yoruba and Igbo (which has Nsidibi script...native to Igbo land) in a foreign Roman script?

Well...someone is foisting a Pagan Roman agenda on Nigeria and England, and France....because it was Pagan Romans who developed Roman/Latin script.

And if you are a Chrsitian, why are you scared of Muslims? Is there no God in Nigeria?
Re: Godwin Emefiele, How Hard Is It To Print New 100 Naira Notes?! Educate Us!! by donqx: 2:14pm On Oct 03, 2018
smiley smiley
Re: Godwin Emefiele, How Hard Is It To Print New 100 Naira Notes?! Educate Us!! by Nobody: 2:15pm On Oct 03, 2018
theoldpretender:

Why should English be written in the Roman Italian/Latin script.? Or for that matter our native languages....Yoruba and Igbo (which has Nsidibi script...native to Igbo land) in a foreign Roman script?

Well...someone is foisting a Pagan Roman agenda on Nigeria and England, and France....because it was Pagan Romans who developed Roman/Latin script.

And if you are a Chrsitian, why are you scared of Muslims? Is there no God in Nigeria?

You're still trying to be mischievous and attempting to confuse people with gobbledygook about archaeology and whats not . Don't mix English with religion. It is our Lingua Franca. It is the most widely spoken language in the world.

Arabic is to Muslims what Hebrews is to Christians. If you must have Arabic on the Naira, then balance it with a Hebrew script also. English is the only common denominator acceptable to everyone. Having Arabic with English together and cooking up backyard theories and old wives tales to back it up is simply being mischievous to distract people from a subtle one-sided religious agenda/culture imposition.
Re: Godwin Emefiele, How Hard Is It To Print New 100 Naira Notes?! Educate Us!! by Lilimax(f): 2:23pm On Oct 03, 2018
theoldpretender:

1.The language on our Naira note is not ARABIC...but Hausa written in the ARABIC SCRIPT.

(Japanese and Korean are also written partly in the Chinese script, as are English, German, French written in the LATIN/ROMAN SCRIPT).

2.Many NorthernHausa still write using the Arabic script in Hausa.....though Hausa is now increasingly being written in the ROMAN/latin script....

3.Hausa is a Nigerian language.iT IS also spoken in many West African countries....Niger, Benin and Ghana are examples.!

4.Anyway...me too I think the Ajami script should go. i am just tired of Nigerians claiming that Arabic=Muslim. So, Al Kitab...the Christian Bible in Arabic is a Muslim book?
?
I have several Hausa friends Muslims and non-Muslims and when they write Hausa, it's not often in Arabic. embarassed
Re: Godwin Emefiele, How Hard Is It To Print New 100 Naira Notes?! Educate Us!! by bigpicture001: 2:55pm On Oct 03, 2018
theoldpretender:

1.Be prepeared for run away inflation...because overexcess of samll denomination naira notes means more money chasing few goods=inflation.

2.Be prepared for our foreign exchange reserve to be drained even more...BECAUSE it costs billions of dollars to print notes..which means less dollars to buffer the naira= inflation.

Better we find ways to improve our forex reserve by...you know...removing subsidies, fighitng kwarruption pery well, industrial development, getting off oil dependency.

...brother, there is a diffrence btw idle money nd productive money. if productive money is printed as 100k note for 500million naira worth, it has d same effect on the economy if supply into d system, productive money worth same 500 mill but in 100 naira note.

wot actually causes inflation is increase in the value of money supplied not increase in the physical quantity. example : increase from 50b........ to 60b can cause inflation, but supplying 50b in lower nominations cant....cause 50b is 50b...
Re: Godwin Emefiele, How Hard Is It To Print New 100 Naira Notes?! Educate Us!! by bigpicture001: 2:55pm On Oct 03, 2018
theoldpretender:

...brother, there is a diffrence btw idle money nd productive money. if productive money is printed as 100k note for 500million naira worth, it has d same effect on the economy if supply into d system, productive money worth same 500 mill but in 100 naira note.

wot actually causes inflation is increase in the value of money supplied not increase in the physical quantity. example : increase from 50b........ to 60b can cause inflation, but supplying 50b in lower nominations cant....
theoldpretender:

wot actually causes inflation is increase in the value of money supplied not increase in the physical quantity. example : increase from 50b........ to 60b can cause inflation, but supplying 50b in lower nominations cant....cause 50b is 50b...
Re: Godwin Emefiele, How Hard Is It To Print New 100 Naira Notes?! Educate Us!! by Airoflaw(m): 3:04pm On Oct 03, 2018
dejavuh0007:
sometimes, I wonder if it isn't the same paper they used in printing the old #100 note that they r using to print the new one coz d old one was really rugged and stood d test of time. back den, rarely would u c see a #100 note get battered quickly like dis new one.
m Aba paper grin
Re: Godwin Emefiele, How Hard Is It To Print New 100 Naira Notes?! Educate Us!! by greenprince(m): 3:06pm On Oct 03, 2018
iambabaG:
This N100 note is still okay now..
The one I collected yesterday made me regret the day i was born into this country!
Why not even Kazakhstan?

See you, Kazakhstan is dope oh.
That country make sense, and their ladies too cool
Re: Godwin Emefiele, How Hard Is It To Print New 100 Naira Notes?! Educate Us!! by ojonugwap(m): 3:23pm On Oct 03, 2018
Gboy101:
its a lie, how come they still print N50, N20 notes. you are a BMC. the minting contract was awarded to buhari kinsmen hence they hurt the printing of N100 because the previous administration removed the Arabic inscription from the N100 centenary note which replaced the former. and there is already plans to bring back the Arabic in buhari second time team. because doing that now would cause a revolts. terrorist muric have been calling for the hurt of that currency starting its satanic

You're just a foolish � pig ode

www.nairaland.com/attachments/7887314_img20180929161431955_jpeg9518e7b3d56975ab3b178765d44a693b
Re: Godwin Emefiele, How Hard Is It To Print New 100 Naira Notes?! Educate Us!! by Nobody: 3:35pm On Oct 03, 2018
100 note

Re: Godwin Emefiele, How Hard Is It To Print New 100 Naira Notes?! Educate Us!! by Psoul(m): 4:24pm On Oct 03, 2018
theoldpretender:

Mtcheeewww......all these classroom Economics students that will only read one page of Adam Smith's text book, interpret it literally without getting to understand the real and the practical way a nation's economy behaves.
Re: Godwin Emefiele, How Hard Is It To Print New 100 Naira Notes?! Educate Us!! by Psoul(m): 4:29pm On Oct 03, 2018
theoldpretender:

1.Islamic inscriptions were removed under Soludo..when OBJ was in charge...and only for N20, N50 notes.

2.GEJ did not remove Isalmic inscription from N1000, N500, N200 notes.

3.And the 'islamic inscription' is the value of the note Hausa in Ajami/Arabic script...not Quoranic inscription. And incase you must know...this Roman script we use to write English in was developed by a people who worshipped idols...and persecuted other beleifs including Christianity

So what are you saying here?
Learn hw to argue without looking foolish
Re: Godwin Emefiele, How Hard Is It To Print New 100 Naira Notes?! Educate Us!! by marvinsync(m): 5:19pm On Oct 03, 2018
theoldpretender:

nonsense , it's still written in Arabic isn't it?
and why should it be written in all the notes , is Nigeria an Arabic or Hausa nation ?
if Igbo is written on all the notes would that be okay?
Re: Godwin Emefiele, How Hard Is It To Print New 100 Naira Notes?! Educate Us!! by marvinsync(m): 5:28pm On Oct 03, 2018
theoldpretender:

nonsense, it's still written in Arabic isn't it?
and why should Hausa be written on all the notes , u own the country?
Re: Godwin Emefiele, How Hard Is It To Print New 100 Naira Notes?! Educate Us!! by TemmyT002(m): 2:28pm On Oct 04, 2018
Help me ask him o.
Re: Godwin Emefiele, How Hard Is It To Print New 100 Naira Notes?! Educate Us!! by dadalicious: 11:57am On Oct 06, 2018
This topic and a row with one keke rider who gave me a worn out 100 NairA note made me do research locally.
I have gone through all denominations besides 5naira,(couldn't find alot of it) and realized that the last 100 NairA note was printed in 2014.
This is seriously bad.
If you can print others why not 100naira.
I want to believe that an islamization agenda is really real
Re: Godwin Emefiele, How Hard Is It To Print New 100 Naira Notes?! Educate Us!! by iambabaG: 8:48am On Oct 08, 2018
greenprince:

See you, Kazakhstan is dope oh.
That country make sense, and their ladies too cool

I’ll come join you shortly

1 Like

Re: Godwin Emefiele, How Hard Is It To Print New 100 Naira Notes?! Educate Us!! by dadalicious: 9:30am On Oct 08, 2018
alezzy13:

Abeg u guys should stop all these crap. What about 20, 50 naira notes? Have their printing also been stopped?
Since you didn't take time to read and study you ended up writing a comment that is off point
Kindly follow the story and comment
Re: Godwin Emefiele, How Hard Is It To Print New 100 Naira Notes?! Educate Us!! by Ejire27: 7:55am On Nov 03, 2018
Babyshop:
I really think it is the President who is not approving that because Jonathan retouched the naira notes during the Centenary celebration
The hundred naira note was produced to celebrate Nigeria centenary anniversary and it was supposed to last only for a year. The former 100 naira note is the main one. If you can recall when Nigeria celebrated 50 years anniversary, another 50 naira note was produced, which had Nigeria �� flag and "@50" on it. The 50 naira also was meant to be used for a year and it was gradually retrieved back from the public. The hundred naira was supposed to have been retrieve back also. GEJ didn't produce the money to replace the the main hundred naira, it was produce only to celebrate Nigeria @100 for only duration of a year
Re: Godwin Emefiele, How Hard Is It To Print New 100 Naira Notes?! Educate Us!! by personty: 4:01pm On Jun 09, 2021
What is the cost of printing 1000 naira

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Want To Start Poultry Business Broiler Or Layer Which Is The Best? / Nigerians Stop Wailing Ghana Did Nothing Wrong Shutting Down Shops. / Gtbank Debunks Rumours Of Court Order To Pay N12b To Innoson Boss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.