Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,756 members, 7,809,904 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:55 PM

Dear Leah Sharibu. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Dear Leah Sharibu. (617 Views)

Leah Sharibu: TB Joshua Calls For Three Days Prayer And Fasting / Why True Christians See Leah Sheribu As A Huge Source Of Inspiration / Pastor Adeboye Prays For Leah Sharibu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dear Leah Sharibu. by Martinez19(m): 7:29pm On Oct 02, 2018
cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry grin

Dear Leah Sharibu,
I am saddened by all you are going through at the moment. It breaks my heart that you have to go through this and who knows what other inhumane treatment you are subjected by these beasts called boko haram. Are you raped and beaten frequently? I can't tell. Are you even dead? I can't tell. The most painful thing about your case is what many people aren't talking about and that's the role of religion in this ordeal you are going through. If, like we atheists, you weren't brainwashed with this ridiculous garbage called religion, you would have been smart enough to tell boko haram what they wanted to hear(who cares?), got released and carry on with your life. Your only crime here is the seriousness and sincerity towards your brainwashing. Perhaps, if you were the convenient-seek hypocritical bias Christian called moderate Christian, you might have used the excuse "denying christ does not mean that I don't believe in him. I just told them what they wanted to hear" but you are the true Christian grin.

Why stand for a god that would let you continually go through torture even after standing for him? Well, I have your religious brainwashing to thank for that. If you were a Buddhist and you stood for Buddha, wouldn't you still be suffering the same torture? What makes your christian suffering unique and special? O how I weep at the danger of religion to those that sincerely believe it, this is why I deconstruct religious claims day and night. Many christians hailing you as a hero of faith wouldn't do what you did, instead they would, in a split second, deny and ask forgiveness later or use the excuse I pointed out earlier, so why be a sincere fool in the midst of the crooked and dishonest wise moderates? How will moderates explain that religion is harmless given what you are going through? With atheism, you would have played your cards right. If religion never existed, boko haram wouldn't have existed in the first place. Gosh!

For christians that deem you foolish, on what biblical grounds do they have to deem you foolish? Is it the "be wise as a serpent and gentle as a dove" bullshit which could have used from time to time to justify compromising their faith? Besides, do you know how cringey and traumatised you would be if you become an atheist and look back at this bold christian act of yours and your ordeal(that's if you survive) respectively? Please think well about because we want you back. wink

Martins A. N.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dear Leah Sharibu. by CodeTemplar: 7:56pm On Oct 02, 2018
Christian girl being held captive for her religion and Buhari has refused to negotiate her release.
Re: Dear Leah Sharibu. by CodeTemplar: 7:59pm On Oct 02, 2018
Even in the bible people lied in certain situation and God dealt favorably with them not for their actions but for their heart
(real motive).
Leah may not be spiritually mature enough to realize this but God sees her heart.
Re: Dear Leah Sharibu. by CodeTemplar: 8:20pm On Oct 02, 2018
Exodus 1:15-21 Shows us a case of the Hebrew women lying to the Pharaoh but finding favor with God. This was so because they fearer God and did it for Israel.
Re: Dear Leah Sharibu. by DoctorAlien(m): 10:00pm On Oct 02, 2018
It is disgusting, to say the least, that you have chosen to joke with the case of Leah Sharibu - a very sensitive case that touches sensitive issues such as terrorism, abuse of human rights, rape, violence, oppression and dehumanization - just to sell the senseless worldview of yours which is atheism.

Tomorrow we may see you claiming to be a humanist, but this is you mocking a little girl for the predicament she has found herself in. Are you being humane? We understand that atheism affects the way one thinks, but do you have to display callousness openly?

In this nonsense which you posted, where did you condemn the BH terrorists? Where did you condemn the government for not doing enough to secure the freedom of this girl? Does she not have the right to practise her Christian faith without oppression?

I get it. If you had a magic wand in your hand, you would have waved Christianity out of existence. But be sure you're not losing it yet while you're at it.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dear Leah Sharibu. by Martinez19(m): 10:14pm On Oct 02, 2018
DoctorAlien:
It is disgusting, to say the least, that you have chosen to joke with the case of Leah Sharibu - a very sensitive case that touches sensitive issues such as terrorism, abuse of human rights, rape, violence, oppression and dehumanization - just to sell the senseless worldview of yours which is atheism.

Tomorrow we may see you claiming to be a humanist, but this is you mocking a little girl for the predicament she has found herself in. Are you being humane? We understand that atheism affects the way one thinks, but do you have to display callousness openly?

In this nonsense which you posted, where did you condemn the BH terrorists? Where did you condemn the government for not doing enough to secure the freedom of this girl? Does she not have the right to practise her Christian faith without oppression?

I get it. If you had a magic wand in your hand, you would have waved Christianity out of existence. But be sure you're not losing it yet while you're at it.
Abegi go siddon. Am I not saying the truth? Even if something is tragic, does that mean that one can't learn or use it to illustrate valid points? Intellectuals are always seeking facts and educating while ratarded weaklings are always flowing with the tide of their emotions and feelings even when it's against reasoning, learn and brilliant illustrations.

1 Like

Re: Dear Leah Sharibu. by Martinez19(m): 10:21pm On Oct 02, 2018
DoctorAlien:

My letter is to Leah Sharibu and it's highlighting how and why she should dump religion and set herself free but it seems you can't comprehend. Didn't you see where I mentioned the government? Anyways, I don't have your time.
Re: Dear Leah Sharibu. by DoctorAlien(m): 10:22pm On Oct 02, 2018
Martinez19:
Abegi go siddon. Am I not saying the truth? Even if something is tragic, does that mean that one can't learn or use it to illustrate valid points? Intellectuals are always seeking facts and educating while ratarded weaklings are always flowing with the tide of their emotions and feelings every when it's against reasoning, learn and brilliant illustrations.

Keep educating the whole world on how inhuman the atheist worldview is, okay?

1 Like

Re: Dear Leah Sharibu. by Martinez19(m): 10:30pm On Oct 02, 2018
DoctorAlien:

Keep educating the whole world on how inhuman the atheist worldview is, okay?
Na so. So not believing in your ridiculous garbage called religion because there is no evidence, logical basis or proof for it's claims is inhumane? I hail you.
Re: Dear Leah Sharibu. by DoctorAlien(m): 10:30pm On Oct 02, 2018
Martinez19:
My letter is to Leah Sharibu and it's highlighting how and why she should dump religion and set herself free but it seems you can't comprehend. Didn't you see where I mentioned the government? Anyways, I don't have your time.

Yes. I get it. She is the one to "set herself free", prolly because she put herself into that predicament by being a Christian. To you, the only problem here is that she is practising religion. There is not even the consideration of the possibility that the murderous BH terrorists who could violate her human rights in the first place, may kill her after all even though she does whatever they require.

NO! The only problem here is clearly religion. Not a dysfunctional security apparatus, not even terrorism.

Is it not clear to all?

1 Like

Re: Dear Leah Sharibu. by Nobody: 10:41pm On Oct 02, 2018
DoctorAlien:

It's clear the purpose of the letter is neither to console nor commiserate but to chide and criticize her belief and decision.

1 Like

Re: Dear Leah Sharibu. by Martinez19(m): 10:48pm On Oct 02, 2018
DoctorAlien:

Yes. I get it. She is the one to "set herself free", prolly because she put herself into that predicament by being a Christian. To you, the only problem here is that she is practising religion. There is not even the consideration of the possibility that the murderous BH terrorists who could violate her human rights in the first place, may kill her after all even though she does whatever they require.

NO! The only problem here is clearly religion. Not a dysfunctional security apparatus, not even terrorism.

Is it not clear to all?
why do you keep behaving like a biased retarded weakling? Okay, if Leah had denounced her faith when BH asked her to, what would have happened? Let's start from there.
Re: Dear Leah Sharibu. by DoctorAlien(m): 10:51pm On Oct 02, 2018
Akdegreat:

It's clear the purpose of the letter is neither to console nor commiserate but to chide and criticize her belief and decision.

That is why I agree that he's doing a good job on educating the whole world on how adopting an atheist worldview can make one be very humane, as he is being with his OP and posts.

1 Like

Re: Dear Leah Sharibu. by Martinez19(m): 11:02pm On Oct 02, 2018
Akdegreat:

Boko haram is not going away anytime soon and the government is complacent. Given that, do you think it is wise for her to uphold unto ridiculous garbages(religion) and suffer in the hands of BH rather than tell BH what they want hear and be released? Who and what are we to blame for Leah's decision to choose the former? Simply clergies, gullible sheeples and religion. Remember while she is going through this ordeal and her years rotting away, her mates are enjoying freedom and going to school to build up their future and you and DoctorAlien have the guts to brand me inhumane. Is this harm of indoctrination and religion not worthy of being pointed out? Both of you guys ain't going through what she is going through that's why both of you are behaving like 1diots.
Re: Dear Leah Sharibu. by Bacteriologist(m): 12:31am On Oct 03, 2018
Martinez19:
cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry grin

Dear Leah Sharibu,
I am saddened by all you are going through at the moment. It breaks my heart that you have to go through this and who knows what other inhumane treatment you are subjected by these beasts called boko haram. Are you raped and beaten frequently? I can't tell. Are you even dead? I can't tell. The most painful thing about your case is what many people aren't talking about and that's the role of religion in this ordeal you are going through. If, like we atheists, you weren't brainwashed with this ridiculous garbage called religion, you would have been smart enough to tell boko haram what they wanted to hear(who cares?), got released and carry on with your life. Your only crime here is the seriousness and sincerity towards your brainwashing. Perhaps, if you were the convenient-seek hypocritical bias Christian called moderate Christian, you might have used the excuse "denying christ does not mean that I don't believe in him. I just told them what they wanted to hear" but you are the true Christian grin.

Why stand for a god that would let you continually go through torture even after standing for him? Well, I have your religious brainwashing to thank for that. If you were a Buddhist and you stood for Buddha, wouldn't you still be suffering the same torture? What makes your christian suffering unique and special? O how I weep at the danger of religion to those that sincerely believe it, this is why I deconstruct religious claims day and night. Many christians hailing you as a hero of faith wouldn't do what you did, instead they would, in a split second, deny and ask forgiveness later or use the excuse I pointed out earlier, so why be a sincere fool in the midst of the crooked and dishonest wise moderates? How will moderates explain that religion is harmless given what you are going through? With atheism, you would have played your cards right. If religion never existed, boko haram wouldn't have existed in the first place. Gosh!

For christians that deem you foolish, on what biblical grounds do they have to deem you foolish? Is it the "be wise as a serpent and gentle as a dove" bullshit which could have used from time to time to justify compromising their faith? Besides, do you know how cringey and traumatised you would be if you become an atheist and look back at this bold christian act of yours and your ordeal(that's if you survive) respectively? Please think well about because we want you back. wink

Martins A. N.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dear Leah Sharibu. by Nobody: 3:34pm On Oct 04, 2018
Martinez19,

Oh my brother, my brother, my brother.
I call you "brother" knowing fully well that you don't ascribe to the King of Kings.....and Lord of Lords.
So, please (if you are able) take this as coming from a heart of "love" and concern for you seriously....

I was not gonna reply you when, over on the other thread, prayer was being asked for Leah Sharibu, and you came on there and found it crucial enough to not only reply me BUT also post a picture of a little whiny and spoiled little boy (oh the irony of that) wink
So you were so riled up about the situation that you came and created your own thread to continue your bashing and crude mockery.

I changed my mind. I'm gonna speak to you practically....
I must say that you were "out of order" and completely inappropriate.
Your humor, disgust, sarcasm or whatever you were trying to do was so unbelievably callous and cruel.
There is a time and a place to joke about various topics in your country and around the world, but this particular one was not...

Even your atheistic friends (who stay mimicking any and everything Christian-related) chose to keep silent on this issue for whatever reason (which was a brilliant move).
You really should have followed your elder brothers on that...
From what I have learned from these almost two years of membership on NL, it appears that repercussions can result in death for having alternative views on subjects...so people either: "argue viciously", "hide", stay "neutral" or stay "silent".
I see that attacks on Christianity are 100 percent full throttle because no repercussions will come. However, repercussions are assured if the other religion is questioned or criticized.

Whether you agree or disagree with what that precious girl has done, understand this please: God is looking for those who are 100 percent unwavering and steadfast in their belief in Him.
Why should she have recited a religious creed that she didn't believe or grow up believing? Just for the sake of her "life"?
Followers of Christ know that in this life's journey, that we aren't guaranteed to not die early or have crises in our lives.
It's about WHO is with one when he/she goes through a storm.
Matthew 5:10 (KJV)
10 Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Matthew 16:25-26 (KJV)

25 For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it.
26 For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?

Whether Leah is dead or alive, one thing is sure: her salvation is sealed.
Getting along to "go along" doesn't work in matters of Christianity...when it comes to truly serving God. I know the world says, "Just say or do whatever even though you don't "really" feel that way."
So her peers said what they needed to say to save their lives (and I'm not judging them for that) That was their choice. But not denying Christ was Leah's choice and I guarantee that she pleased her Father in Heaven.
If she died or dies, her life will have an impact on (thousand if not millions of people) including some of the girls who made the choice that they made.

Now how about you?
I would only hope that you are younger than 20 yrs. cause then I could excuse your behavior as one who is immature and unfortunately ignorant right now. I said it once and I will say it again: something has happened in a person's life for he/she to abandon the belief in God.
I' sorry for that cause I have folks in my family who have done the same.
Not that you may care, but (religion aside for a moment) and as a ("foreigner" by birth...although I have Nigerian direct descent), what you have typed really makes Nigeria as a country, look even more inhumane than has already been depicted throughout the world.
Perhaps, just perhaps, her family happens to venture onto NL and reads this your "letter" of disgrace...
Not cool my brother...not cool at all.
Brother, you need to do better. I know that through all of your anger and frustration, there must be a shred of humanity in your body.
I'm not as concerned about Leah as I am for you...cause she knows her Maker.....but you my brother.......
Just know that I am praying sincerely for you smiley

1 Like

Re: Dear Leah Sharibu. by Nobody: 4:29pm On Oct 04, 2018
@mobilia
Leave the young man with his way of life. It does not worth advising a stony heart. He should try it with the Islam folks if he has the gut. In fact, I gat some stuff I want to share with you. Call me when you are free so I can share the details with you. By the way, have you made progress with that stuff you were trying to do?
Re: Dear Leah Sharibu. by Martinez19(m): 4:30pm On Oct 04, 2018
Mobilia:
Martinez19,

Oh my brother, my brother, my brother.
I call you "brother" knowing fully well that you don't ascribe to the King of Kings.....and Lord of Lords.
So, please (if you are able) take this as coming from a heart of "love" and concern for you seriously....

I was not gonna reply you when, over on the other thread, prayer was being asked for Leah Sharibu, and you came on there and found it crucial enough to not only reply me BUT also post a picture of a little whiny and spoiled little boy (oh the irony of that) wink
So you were so riled up about the situation that you came and created your own thread to continue your bashing and crude mockery.

I changed my mind. I'm gonna speak to you practically....
I must say that you were "out of order" and completely inappropriate.
Your humor, disgust, sarcasm or whatever you were trying to do was so unbelievably callous and cruel.
There is a time and a place to joke about various topics in your country and around the world, but this particular one was not...

Even your atheistic friends (who stay mimicking any and everything Christian-related) chose to keep silent on this issue for whatever reason (which was a brilliant move).
You really should have followed your elder brothers on that...
From what I have learned from these almost two years of membership on NL, it appears that repercussions can result in death for having alternative views on subjects...so people either: "argue viciously", "hide", stay "neutral" or stay "silent".
I see that attacks on Christianity are 100 percent full throttle because repercussions are assured if the other religion is questioned or criticized.

Whether you agree with what that precious girl has done, understand this please: God is looking for those who are 100 percent unwavering and steadfast in their belief in Him.
Why should she have recited a religious creed that she didn't believe or grow up believing? Just for the sake of her "life"?
Followers of Christ know that in this life's journey, that we aren't guaranteed to not die early or have crises in our lives.
It's about WHO is with one when he/she goes through a storm.
Matthew 5:10 (KJV)
10 Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Matthew 16:25-26 (KJV)

25 For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it.
26 For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?

Whether Leah is dead or alive, one thing is sure: her salvation is sealed.
Getting along to "go along" doesn't work in matters of Christianity...when it comes to truly serving God. I know the world says, "Just say or do whatever even though you don't "really" feel that way."
So her peers said what they needed to say to save their lives (and I'm not judging them for that) That was their choice. But not denying Christ was Leah's choice and I guarantee that she pleased her Father in Heaven.
If she died or dies, her life will have an impact on (thousand if not millions of people) including some of the girls who made the choice that they made.

Now how about you?
I would only hope that you are younger than 20 yrs. cause then I could excuse your behavior as one who is immature and unfortunately ignorant right now. I said it once and I will say it again: something has happened in a person's life for he/she to abandon the belief in God.
I' sorry for that cause I have folks in my family who have done the same.
Not that you may care, but (religion aside for a moment) and as a ("foreigner" by birth...although I have Nigerian direct descent), what you have typed really makes Nigeria as a country, look even more inhumane than has already been depicted throughout the world.
Perhaps, just perhaps, her family happens to venture onto NL and reads this your "letter" of disgrace...
Not cool my brother...not cool at all.
Brother, you need to do better. I know that through all of your anger and frustration, there must be a shred of humanity in your body.
I'm not as concerned about Leah as I am for you...cause she knows her Maker.....but you my brother.......
Just know that I am praying sincerely for you smiley

Hmmm. Why do you people believe that if someone leaves god then something terrible/traumatic must have happened to them? Even if a traumatic experience is what was needed to free a person from delusion, does that make such case shameful? Haven't you seen people who became better by learning things the hard way?

Anyways, concerning your write up, I would say that harsh medicine is better than sweet poison, harsh truth is better than sweet lie. Who sets the standard that if an event is traumatic and saddening that we can't utilise it to illustrate useful points? I understand your christian perspective. You seem like a christ-like christian and believe me, that's the prerequisite for being an ex-christian atheist.

(1) (Reply)

Theodicy And The Creation Of EVIL / Nigerian Christians Saved From Captors By Jesus, Angels And Snakes / Role Of The Founder Of Celestial Church PA Oshoffa In Life Of Helen Paul

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.