Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,423 members, 7,826,649 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 05:38 PM

How Bukola Saraki Made Kwara A Model For National Unity In Nigeria - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Bukola Saraki Made Kwara A Model For National Unity In Nigeria (23388 Views)

Women’s Day: How Bukola Saraki Celebrated With Women / How Bukola Saraki Imposed Returnee Taxi Driver As Pdp Guber Flagbearer / VIDEO: How Bukola Saraki Announces The Defection Of 15 APC Senators To The PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Bukola Saraki Made Kwara A Model For National Unity In Nigeria by davidsthe(m): 11:32pm On Oct 02, 2018
naijaboi2:
I think the writer forgot that Offa and Erin-Ile are part of Kwara.......

Even the violence and tension in ilorin in the period leading to his election in 2003 nko anyway Op is only earning his pay

1 Like

Re: How Bukola Saraki Made Kwara A Model For National Unity In Nigeria by slimfit1(m): 11:51pm On Oct 02, 2018
Biglittlelois:
Op shattap there!! y'all will be spewing trash from your mouth cos y'all dont stay in Kwara, as much as i hate APC, i will 100% support them to end the Saraki Family Dynasty in Kwara, and if y'all think cos of the intelligent nonsense he's yapping from his mouth makes him overqualified to be the President, y'all need your brain examined angry

Thank you if you were to be a gal I would have kissed you.

2 Likes

Re: How Bukola Saraki Made Kwara A Model For National Unity In Nigeria by creserve: 11:52pm On Oct 02, 2018
Kamelot77:
trash

this OP as forget about offa incident, kwara state is know for is harmony, saraki is not the one that bring harmony to kwara state.

saraki as sold all the company he meant in 2003.
saraki must go

1 Like

Re: How Bukola Saraki Made Kwara A Model For National Unity In Nigeria by Heartbender: 12:09am On Oct 03, 2018
In the house of cards anything that gives you an edge over your opponent must be utilised even if it means being perceived as a weaklin. In other news, when did Tinubu become a kingmaker?
912:

You have a point. However, most often than not a kingmaker is more powerful than a king. Besides do not forget how saraki became senate president, through the back door. A man who could not face his opponents head on is a conman not a strong man. If he was truly strong as you say he is then the Senate would have resumed plenary a long time ago.
Re: How Bukola Saraki Made Kwara A Model For National Unity In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:17am On Oct 03, 2018
STILL MOURNING DEPARTED SOULS OF OFFA BANK ROBBERY
ONLY AN OFFA -BASTARD WILL NOT FEEL THE PAINS
JUST RUMINATING ON THE BELOW PIECE :
Societe Generale Bank _ Pen robbery
Intercontinental Bank _ Pen robbery
Trade Bank _ Pen robbery
GTBank _ Armed robbery
ECOBANK _ Armed robbery
Union Bank _ Armed robbery
Zenith Bank _ Armed robbery
FirstBank_ Armed robbery
Eight banks! Only one man!
B'oju o ba ti ole; o ye k'oju o ti ara'le ole (If a thief is not ashamed; his people ought to be ashamed). God will judge you, if you are still defending Saraki.

1 Like

Re: How Bukola Saraki Made Kwara A Model For National Unity In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:18am On Oct 03, 2018
OEPHIUS:
Since the emergence of Nigeria fledgling democracy in 1999, Northern Nigeria has become a permanent flashpoint of violent conflict. As political and ethnic conflict has been a major threat to national unity in Nigeria. Niger, Kaduna, Kano, Bauchi, Borno, Plateau State are notorious as flashpoint states in Nigeria and hotspot for numerous conflicts, since the return of civilian rule in 1999.These intractable conflicts include ethnic, religious, political, sectarian, communal, Settlers-Natives and Pastoralist-Farmers dimensions. Political and ethnic tensions have been a major feature of Nigeria political history. 

Why the unending conflict across Northern Nigeria?

Many observes of Nigeria political history have asked why conflicts keep reoccurring between different communities across the Northern region? it is significant to note the influence of politicization of ethnicity, selective injustice and elite manipulation has made crisis possible across Northern Nigeria. Ethno-political conflicts in Nigeria are fundamentally influenced by bad politics, bad governance and poor conflict management. Therefore its management has become a mirage in spite of series of interventions to put the conflicts to an end. Today, the herdsmen are on rampage across Nigeria and Boko Haram is still holding sway across the North Eastern States. But in all of this crisis and conflict that has engulfed different states across Nigeria, Kwara state has stood out in the way it has maintained peace and harmony with the different ethnic groups living in Kwara. As Nigeria is engulfed in crisis and seeks for leadership that can bridge the ethnic divide and unite Nigeria as one, the time is ripe to adopt the Kwara model of peace and harmony in uniting Nigeria as one.

Kwara State as a model for harmony and national unity.

Since 1999, many Northern States in Nigeria have witnessed endless political and religious killings, today states across the middle belt region is under the constant threat of crisis. This crisis is a result of failure in leadership, where the political class have failed to managed the different ethnic groups and provide the needed leadership. Many of the leaders across the conflict prone state in Northern Nigeria benefit from the crisis and are not willing to embark on actions that will yield peace and harmony across their various states.

Kwara State is known as ‘The State of Harmony’ on account of the peaceful relations that exist among its multicultural and diverse population of about 2.5 million people. Where the major religious communities have good relations with one another. The principal groups residing in Kwara State are the Yoruba, Nupe, Bariba and Fulani. Despite having diverse groups living together, Kwara State has witnessed a purposeful leadership that has done well in solidifying their differences and made sure that Kwara remain in a state of harmony.

The African report in 2010 reported on how a lot of displaced people in the Nigerian North had to move to Kwara State “The Harmony State”, known for its political peace as tens of thousands of Nigerians from troubled regions and other central and northern states have sought shelter in Ilorin and its environs.
http://www.theafricareport.com/News-Analysis/nigeria-fixing-the-middle-belt.html

Bukola Saraki was the governor of Kwara State from 2003 – 2011. Between this period that he as the governor of Kwara State, many northern states were engulfed in different political and religious conflicts. The last recorded crisis in Kwara happened on the 20th of Dec. 1999 Muslim fundamentalists attacked and destroyed over 14 churches in Ilorin. Properties worth several millions of naira were destroyed and an unspecified casualty reported. It happened under the leadership of Governor Ahmed Lawal and these problems led to his outster.

After the exit of Lawal, came Bukola Saraki the unifier, a leader who understands that you cannot make any meaningful progress or build any key infrastructure without peace and harmony in your state. Under his 8 years as governor of Kwara State, he calmed the nerves and worked with all the tribes to bring equitable justice and peace into the state. There was no recorded political or religious conflict and he managed the state as one. He is a unifier.

After Dr Saraki’s tenure, Kwara recorded the lowest poverty rate for any state in the Nigerian north, and up until today, this record stands 8 years after he left the helm of affairs of the state. Dr Abubakar Bukola Saraki’s handling of the intertribal crisis in the North Central despite the volatility of the region is a good benchmark for future Governors and Presidents in Nigeria, his method of bringing everyone to the table to be able to ensure equity has turned Kwara into a peaceful state in between a volatile region.

Trade Bank _ Pen robbery
GTBank _ Armed robbery
ECOBANK _ Armed robbery
FirstBank_ Armed robbery
B'oju o ba ti ole; o ye k'oju o ti ara'le ole (If a thief is not ashamed; his people ought to be ashamed). God will judge you, if you are still defending Saraki.
Re: How Bukola Saraki Made Kwara A Model For National Unity In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:19am On Oct 03, 2018
SolutionMee:
cheesy
Let's be honest with ourselves, Kwara is one of the most peaceful state in Nigeria. Saraki has my vote on this.

Trade Bank _ Pen robbery
GTBank _ Armed robbery
ECOBANK _ Armed robbery
FirstBank_ Armed robbery

2 Likes

Re: How Bukola Saraki Made Kwara A Model For National Unity In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:51am On Oct 03, 2018
unhappyoga:
I'm a serious fan of Saraki. I strongly believe that he can truly transform Nigeria.

Only a non Kwaran and the remaining few slaves under sarathief dynasty will believe that, sarathief has milked kwara dry, am a kwara citizen, and I know the length and breadth of kwara, nothing to show off, I can go on and on about happenings in kwara from now till tomorrow, sarathief end is near

1 Like

Re: How Bukola Saraki Made Kwara A Model For National Unity In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:55am On Oct 03, 2018
MebereJ:
Saraki is a unifier, and he's the biggest threat to Buhari for 2019. I believe he's up to the task.

Only a non Kwaran and the remaining few slaves under sarathief dynasty will believe that, sarathief has milked kwara dry, am a kwara citizen, and I know the length and breadth of kwara, nothing to show off, I can go on and on about happenings in kwara from now till tomorrow, sarathief end is near

1 Like

Re: How Bukola Saraki Made Kwara A Model For National Unity In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:00am On Oct 03, 2018
SoMiSo:
I'm with this guy.

please don't be with a renowned thief like sarathief
Only a non Kwaran and the remaining few slaves under sarathief dynasty will be with him, sarathief has milked kwara dry, am a kwara citizen, and I know the length and breadth of kwara, nothing to show off, I can go on and on about happenings in kwara from now till tomorrow, sarathief end is near

1 Like

Re: How Bukola Saraki Made Kwara A Model For National Unity In Nigeria by 912(m): 1:14am On Oct 03, 2018
Heartbender:
In the house of cards anything that gives you an edge over your opponent must be utilised even if it means being perceived as a weaklin. In other news, when did Tinubu become a kingmaker?
Who has been bringing governorship candidates for lagos since he left office. Even the ambode that is currently there, if not for Tinubu how would he have gotten the mandate to be there. Even your current president would have failed woefully in the southwest if not for him. And his influence extends to other south Western states. So keep sentiments aside and note that I'm not saying this because I like him but the truth is the truth

2 Likes

Re: How Bukola Saraki Made Kwara A Model For National Unity In Nigeria by shurlermoz(m): 2:08am On Oct 03, 2018
In fact, Bukola Saraki created Kwara state.
Abi, is that not where all this lies are going?

Let me help you conclude it instead of just beating around the bush.

2 Likes

Re: How Bukola Saraki Made Kwara A Model For National Unity In Nigeria by shurlermoz(m): 2:12am On Oct 03, 2018
symbolofhope:

please don't be with a renowned thief like sarathief
Only a non Kwaran and the remaining few slaves under sarathief dynasty will be with him, sarathief has milked kwara dry, am a kwara citizen, and I know the length and breadth of kwara, nothing to show off, I can go on and on about happenings in kwara from now till tomorrow, sarathief end is near

Oga leave them, they are working for the stipend they collect o.
No need to argue, they should go to Ilorin and confirm themselves.

I would have said they should go anywhere in Kwara but it will be worse because successive govts in Kwara almost always focus on Ilorin only.

2 Likes

Re: How Bukola Saraki Made Kwara A Model For National Unity In Nigeria by Ihsan6(m): 5:09am On Oct 03, 2018
OP...pls how much were u paid? saraki has nothing to do with kwara being peaceful, it has always been like that...or r u telling me there was no peace during late Lawal's tenure? we are liberating kwara this time...u can only deceive the gullible.

1 Like

Re: How Bukola Saraki Made Kwara A Model For National Unity In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:34am On Oct 03, 2018
goodnessme1:
that because fulanis are in charge there.

Fulanis are the most peaceful tribe in nigeria.

See mumu talk.

Tomorrow you will come out and curse the Fulani herdsmen, right?

1 Like

Re: How Bukola Saraki Made Kwara A Model For National Unity In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:43am On Oct 03, 2018
Heartbender:
Tinubu is an ex governor...Bukola was a governor and is the current President of Nigeria (not the leader of a mere political party) from the legislative viewpoint and may be the executive president and is still younger than four-eyes but then you like to be a sophisticated slowpoke so ask whatever makes you sleep well...

See as you lean for picture. By the time Saraki becomes President and spends just 2years in power you will just disappear.
Re: How Bukola Saraki Made Kwara A Model For National Unity In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:44am On Oct 03, 2018
unhappyoga:
I'm a serious fan of Saraki. I strongly believe that he can truly transform Nigeria.

This is what we call delusions of a feverish mind. Yet, you are entitled to your opinion.
Re: How Bukola Saraki Made Kwara A Model For National Unity In Nigeria by Olujoe1(m): 6:52am On Oct 03, 2018
olaitan9291:

Please, don't ever call Kwara or Kwarans fool in your life.
I know people like you would be pained and quick to attack me, but I won't stop to say Saraki has fooled you guys, wake up bro
Re: How Bukola Saraki Made Kwara A Model For National Unity In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:08am On Oct 03, 2018
VictorEkwere:
Atiku is not a threat to APC rather their major threat is Bukola Saraki which he has on several occasion beat them by their games and sometime make them fall into their trap and eat their vomit with their mouth.He has emerge one of the most youngest influential politician which history will for ever ring his name as far as nigeria politics is concern.

How much are you paid per post oga? Hunger is a bastard o.
Re: How Bukola Saraki Made Kwara A Model For National Unity In Nigeria by penance(m): 7:45am On Oct 03, 2018
Biglittlelois:
Op shattap there!! y'all will be spewing trash from your mouth cos y'all dont stay in Kwara, as much as i hate APC, i will 100% support them to end the Saraki Family Dynasty in Kwara, and if y'all think cos of the intelligent nonsense he's yapping from his mouth makes him overqualified to be the President, y'all need your brain examined angry
na fools dem be...dem no know anything.

1 Like

Re: How Bukola Saraki Made Kwara A Model For National Unity In Nigeria by jy2kbeyond(m): 8:12am On Oct 03, 2018
grin grin grin grin

See how they are trying to paint an obviously black object white.

Saraki is the bane of political and economic progress of Kwara State. Kwara state is so under developed. There's no electricity, no good roads, no drinking water.

Fatai just received the monthly FG allocation and transfer it straight to Saraki.

Kwarans must be free.
Re: How Bukola Saraki Made Kwara A Model For National Unity In Nigeria by Ebrojim(m): 8:20am On Oct 03, 2018
Kamelot77:
trash

this OP as forget about offa incident, kwara state is know for is harmony, saraki is not the one that bring harmony to kwara state.

saraki as sold all the company he meant in 2003.
saraki must go
I tire for the OP too.. That offa and Erin ile crisis that scores died under his watch fah
Re: How Bukola Saraki Made Kwara A Model For National Unity In Nigeria by ba7man(m): 8:32am On Oct 03, 2018
The funny thing is that this guy would have been paid like N20,000 for this PR . undecided
Re: How Bukola Saraki Made Kwara A Model For National Unity In Nigeria by Edward191: 8:44am On Oct 03, 2018
For those that are not residing in kwara, keep on giving bukola saraki kudos, until you taste out of something you cant ascertain it's nature.
Re: How Bukola Saraki Made Kwara A Model For National Unity In Nigeria by kazmanluv(m): 10:53am On Oct 03, 2018
theophorus:
Yes ooo.

According to Nigeria "Youths" and 'Lovers' of Nigeria.
Saraki is the Best man for the Job, considering what He did with Kwara.

You can see that Kwara is the Best Performing State, Self-sufficeint and Sustaining.
All the Roads are well tiled.
There are Job opportunities for their Youth.
During His 8-years as Governor, He created Job opportunities.

He is one of the best Senate President.

Me, I just dey laugh,
You people should ensure you vote for Him ooo, Then you will UNDERSTAND.
my guy I beg just leave dem make dem use der hands hug trouble.
just try go Kwara n show people u re saraki supporter u go smell ur yash.... embarassed
theophorus:
Yes ooo.

According to Nigeria "Youths" and 'Lovers' of Nigeria.
Saraki is the Best man for the Job, considering what He did with Kwara.

You can see that Kwara is the Best Performing State, Self-sufficeint and Sustaining.
All the Roads are well tiled.
There are Job opportunities for their Youth.
During His 8-years as Governor, He created Job opportunities.

He is one of the best Senate President.

Me, I just dey laugh,
You people should ensure you vote for Him ooo, Then you will UNDERSTAND.
my guy I beg just leave dem make dem use der hands hug trouble.
just try go Kwara n show people u re saraki supporter u go smell ur yash....
Re: How Bukola Saraki Made Kwara A Model For National Unity In Nigeria by kazmanluv(m): 10:57am On Oct 03, 2018
cheesy
Ioannes:

See as you lean for picture. By the time Saraki becomes President and spends just 2years in power you will just disappear.
cheesy
Ioannes:

1 Like

Re: How Bukola Saraki Made Kwara A Model For National Unity In Nigeria by KingRagnar: 11:47am On Oct 03, 2018
Kwara is peaceful but not on account Saraki's doing, he actually did more damage, from what I heard fro it all, the major one was an increase in infrastructural decay and a reduction in the state's account.
Re: How Bukola Saraki Made Kwara A Model For National Unity In Nigeria by Toofan007: 12:09pm On Oct 03, 2018
OEPHIUS:
Since the emergence of Nigeria fledgling democracy in 1999, Northern Nigeria has become a permanent flashpoint of violent conflict. As political and ethnic conflict has been a major threat to national unity in Nigeria. Niger, Kaduna, Kano, Bauchi, Borno, Plateau State are notorious as flashpoint states in Nigeria and hotspot for numerous conflicts, since the return of civilian rule in 1999.These intractable conflicts include ethnic, religious, political, sectarian, communal, Settlers-Natives and Pastoralist-Farmers dimensions. Political and ethnic tensions have been a major feature of Nigeria political history. 

Why the unending conflict across Northern Nigeria?

Many observes of Nigeria political history have asked why conflicts keep reoccurring between different communities across the Northern region? it is significant to note the influence of politicization of ethnicity, selective injustice and elite manipulation has made crisis possible across Northern Nigeria. Ethno-political conflicts in Nigeria are fundamentally influenced by bad politics, bad governance and poor conflict management. Therefore its management has become a mirage in spite of series of interventions to put the conflicts to an end. Today, the herdsmen are on rampage across Nigeria and Boko Haram is still holding sway across the North Eastern States. But in all of this crisis and conflict that has engulfed different states across Nigeria, Kwara state has stood out in the way it has maintained peace and harmony with the different ethnic groups living in Kwara. As Nigeria is engulfed in crisis and seeks for leadership that can bridge the ethnic divide and unite Nigeria as one, the time is ripe to adopt the Kwara model of peace and harmony in uniting Nigeria as one.

Kwara State as a model for harmony and national unity.

Since 1999, many Northern States in Nigeria have witnessed endless political and religious killings, today states across the middle belt region is under the constant threat of crisis. This crisis is a result of failure in leadership, where the political class have failed to managed the different ethnic groups and provide the needed leadership. Many of the leaders across the conflict prone state in Northern Nigeria benefit from the crisis and are not willing to embark on actions that will yield peace and harmony across their various states.

Kwara State is known as ‘The State of Harmony’ on account of the peaceful relations that exist among its multicultural and diverse population of about 2.5 million people. Where the major religious communities have good relations with one another. The principal groups residing in Kwara State are the Yoruba, Nupe, Bariba and Fulani. Despite having diverse groups living together, Kwara State has witnessed a purposeful leadership that has done well in solidifying their differences and made sure that Kwara remain in a state of harmony.

The African report in 2010 reported on how a lot of displaced people in the Nigerian North had to move to Kwara State “The Harmony State”, known for its political peace as tens of thousands of Nigerians from troubled regions and other central and northern states have sought shelter in Ilorin and its environs.
http://www.theafricareport.com/News-Analysis/nigeria-fixing-the-middle-belt.html

Bukola Saraki was the governor of Kwara State from 2003 – 2011. Between this period that he as the governor of Kwara State, many northern states were engulfed in different political and religious conflicts. The last recorded crisis in Kwara happened on the 20th of Dec. 1999 Muslim fundamentalists attacked and destroyed over 14 churches in Ilorin. Properties worth several millions of naira were destroyed and an unspecified casualty reported. It happened under the leadership of Governor Ahmed Lawal and these problems led to his outster.

After the exit of Lawal, came Bukola Saraki the unifier, a leader who understands that you cannot make any meaningful progress or build any key infrastructure without peace and harmony in your state. Under his 8 years as governor of Kwara State, he calmed the nerves and worked with all the tribes to bring equitable justice and peace into the state. There was no recorded political or religious conflict and he managed the state as one. He is a unifier.

After Dr Saraki’s tenure, Kwara recorded the lowest poverty rate for any state in the Nigerian north, and up until today, this record stands 8 years after he left the helm of affairs of the state. Dr Abubakar Bukola Saraki’s handling of the intertribal crisis in the North Central despite the volatility of the region is a good benchmark for future Governors and Presidents in Nigeria, his method of bringing everyone to the table to be able to ensure equity has turned Kwara into a peaceful state in between a volatile region.
That's because people from other Kwara state are docile, they can't stand for their rights. Apart from Ilorin, what other parts of Kwara state has developed? You think Kwara would so peaceful if, other parts are being develop at the expense of Ilorin?
Re: How Bukola Saraki Made Kwara A Model For National Unity In Nigeria by afroxyz: 3:32pm On Oct 03, 2018
Haddock:

It's obviously not a Yoruba name.
Saraki is a watered-down word for Sarki; a Hausa word for king or kings.

Other variant is Sarakuna, meaning Kings.

Oh. Never knew. Thanks for the info
Re: How Bukola Saraki Made Kwara A Model For National Unity In Nigeria by Heartbender: 3:48pm On Oct 03, 2018
Oga...Buhari came about by the defection of aggrieved PDP members and their money especially Rivers money vide Amaechi. Leave grammar. It was anyone/thing but GEJ, and no morequote author=912 post=71734684]
Who has been bringing governorship candidates for lagos since he left office. Even the ambode that is currently there, if not for Tinubu how would he have gotten the mandate to be there. Even your current president would have failed woefully in the southwest if not for him. And his influence extends to other south Western states. So keep sentiments aside and note that I'm not saying this because I like him but the truth is the truth [/quote]
Re: How Bukola Saraki Made Kwara A Model For National Unity In Nigeria by Heartbender: 3:50pm On Oct 03, 2018
grin grin grin grin shebi you don dey madt abi?
Ioannes:

Re: How Bukola Saraki Made Kwara A Model For National Unity In Nigeria by 912(m): 3:59pm On Oct 03, 2018
Heartbender:
Oga...Buhari came about by the defection of aggrieved PDP members and their money especially Rivers money vide Amaechi. Leave grammar. It was anyone/thing but GEJ, and no morequote author=912 post=71734684]
Who has been bringing governorship candidates for lagos since he left office. Even the ambode that is currently there, if not for Tinubu how would he have gotten the mandate to be there. Even your current president would have failed woefully in the southwest if not for him. And his influence extends to other south Western states. So keep sentiments aside and note that I'm not saying this because I like him but the truth is the truth
So it's the defection of PDP members that gave him the APC ticket? It is the PDP defection that championed his campaign in the southwest? Even buhari and Jonathan will find this comment laughable. Anyway, no point trying to make you see something that even a child knows. So I will simply say "you are right" undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Obi Visits Alma Mater, CKC In Anambra (Photos) / Ize-Iyamu Declares For Edo Guber, Says 2020 Sabotaged By APC Govs / Police Confirms Bomb Attack On APC Office In Rivers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.