Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,460 members, 7,819,678 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:39 PM

Ize-Iyamu Declares For Edo Guber, Says 2020 Sabotaged By APC Govs - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ize-Iyamu Declares For Edo Guber, Says 2020 Sabotaged By APC Govs (23369 Views)

Don Lulu Declares For Abia Guber, Says He Represents A Better Choice [VIDEO] / National Grid Collapse: Pictures Of The Sabotaged Transmission Tower. / Kwankwanso And Tambuwal Sabotaged Atiku?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ize-Iyamu Declares For Edo Guber, Says 2020 Sabotaged By APC Govs by Bobloco: 1:12am On Dec 28, 2023
Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu, on Wednesday, declared his interest to contest in the Edo State governorship election next year on the platform of the All Progressives Congress, APC.

Ize-Iyamu was the party’s candidate in the 2020 election.

He said the party was sabotaged by its leaders outside the state but insisted that the APC must win the election this time and that he remains the best candidate for the party.

Ize-Iyamu stated this when he met with the members of APC’s state executive at the party secretariat.

At the meeting, he lauded the leadership qualities of former governor now a senator, Comrade Adams Oshiomhole, who he said was the only National Chairman of the party under whose leadership the party provided money for candidates during elections.

Ize-Iyamu also commended the leadership of the party for keeping the party intact despite being in opposition in the state.

‘We must win’
According to Ize-Iyamu, “Next year is critical. We’ll be going into elections again. By September, there will be an election for the office of the governor and by November, the new governor will be sworn in.

“That is why our party must do everything possible to ensure that we win that election. All the work you have done so far, all the dedication, the commitment of our members, everything will be nothing if, by next year, we are not in the government house.

“When you look at the calibre of people here, you ask ‘How can APC be in a position?’

“It was a mistake. It was an error and by the grace of God, it will not repeat itself. That election must be won.

“We did not win that election not because our party was not on the ground, not because the candidate, my humble self, was unpopular.

“We lost that election because our leaders outside the states chose to work against us. That is the truth. Some of our governors chose to work against our party.

“Somebody told me today, I didn’t even know before; one of our APC governors brought money to be given to the deputy governor.

“So they took it to my running mate Gani Audu. And the man said ‘Oga, the governor said before I give you I should call him to talk to you’.

“So he called and Gani took the phone and the APC governor asked ‘Is that Philip?’.

“He said ‘No, this is Gani Audu’. And he (the governor) shouted ‘Gani who? Please give the phone back to him’.

“And the man collected the money and said it was a mistake. By the grace of God, affliction will not rise in this election. We will win,” Ize-Iyamu added
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/12/ize-iyamu-declares-for-edo-guber-says-2020-sabotaged-by-apc-govs/amp/

12 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ize-Iyamu Declares For Edo Guber, Says 2020 Sabotaged By APC Govs by kayusely70(m): 1:35am On Dec 28, 2023
Hmmmm. Some of us know those who sabotaged you and worked against their party!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ize-Iyamu Declares For Edo Guber, Says 2020 Sabotaged By APC Govs by Ahmed0336(m): 2:54am On Dec 28, 2023
kayusely70:
Hmmmm. Some of us know those who sabotaged you and worked against their party!

Can you shed more light on this?
Re: Ize-Iyamu Declares For Edo Guber, Says 2020 Sabotaged By APC Govs by BigBlackPreek(m): 3:03am On Dec 28, 2023
hmm this man is back again. Edo election will be interesting indeed

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ize-Iyamu Declares For Edo Guber, Says 2020 Sabotaged By APC Govs by oz4real83(m): 6:16am On Dec 28, 2023
But all the allegations that Oshiomole made about him still hold, he hasn't done anything to remove the allegations, Edo state need new sets of leaders, not the old ones who created an environment where cultism and crime are the major problems Edo state is grappling with today embarassed

62 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ize-Iyamu Declares For Edo Guber, Says 2020 Sabotaged By APC Govs by tesppidd: 6:18am On Dec 28, 2023
grin

"Is that Philip?"

"Gani who?"

grin grin

12 Likes

Re: Ize-Iyamu Declares For Edo Guber, Says 2020 Sabotaged By APC Govs by eedimo(m): 6:40am On Dec 28, 2023
Good luck to him
He definitely stands a better chance now.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ize-Iyamu Declares For Edo Guber, Says 2020 Sabotaged By APC Govs by RainMoreDFARMS(f): 6:40am On Dec 28, 2023
Here we go again
Re: Ize-Iyamu Declares For Edo Guber, Says 2020 Sabotaged By APC Govs by bewla(m): 6:41am On Dec 28, 2023
Let's go
Re: Ize-Iyamu Declares For Edo Guber, Says 2020 Sabotaged By APC Govs by Wisejohnson47(m): 6:41am On Dec 28, 2023
Carry on, may the best candidate win
Re: Ize-Iyamu Declares For Edo Guber, Says 2020 Sabotaged By APC Govs by cyrusmillz: 6:42am On Dec 28, 2023
The way this guy keeps attaching 'pastor' to his name looks one kind.
Shey as pastor way him be, he no go get confirm jazz as he dey. Abi na ordinary eye them dey take do politics for Edo grin

Edit: He's actually a pastor in RCCG Benin. If it's truly the will of God and the choice of the people .Hope he succeeds.

EFCC arraigned Ize-Iyamu in court for looting N700million in 2018

The ICIR contacted the EFCC spokesperson, Dele Oyewale, who confirmed that the EFCC arraigned Ize-Iyamu and four others on the allegation that they received a sum of N700 million from a former Petroleum minister of Nigeria, Diezani Alison- Madueke.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ize-Iyamu Declares For Edo Guber, Says 2020 Sabotaged By APC Govs by ProudNigerian01: 6:43am On Dec 28, 2023
Jesus Christ is the only way. Repent and turn to him today.

If you claim to know Him and you are still living in sins like fornication, lying, masturbation, sports betting, arrogance, unkindness, malice, unforgiveness etc. then you are as same as a ritualist or the worst sinner you can think of. NO SIN IS SMALL, SIN IS SIN.

Repent and redidicate yourself now!!!

19 Likes

Re: Ize-Iyamu Declares For Edo Guber, Says 2020 Sabotaged By APC Govs by LivingSage: 6:44am On Dec 28, 2023
Aside working against you, Obaseki used propaganda to gain people's sympathy.
He Cunningly let people see the election as him versus Oshiomhole.

When he was declared winner, they were not mocking Ize Iyamu but Oshiomhole. Edo loves Ize Iyamu

28 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Ize-Iyamu Declares For Edo Guber, Says 2020 Sabotaged By APC Govs by MadamExcellency: 6:47am On Dec 28, 2023
Politicians only think of the next (s)election.
Re: Ize-Iyamu Declares For Edo Guber, Says 2020 Sabotaged By APC Govs by MrRemedyAlagbo(m): 6:47am On Dec 28, 2023
The battle is between Ighodalo,Philip shuaibu and ize iyamu....may the best candidate with people interest win

7 Likes

Re: Ize-Iyamu Declares For Edo Guber, Says 2020 Sabotaged By APC Govs by martineverest(m): 6:47am On Dec 28, 2023
Kokorokomano:
A dicy situation.
If pdp fields an esan man ans apc fields an edo man apc may likely carry the day.
The binis will see it as an opportunity for them to rule for eight years straight.

For permanet cure for weak erection, quick ejaculation, erectile dysfunction, Watery and low Sperm Count and improvement of your girth reach me on WhatsApp with the number on my signature.

If after one week you do not get your desired result you are free to report my bank account ans call me out ans post my details online.

hope u know no ethnic group Is dominant I'm Edo State?..apc stand no chance in Edo state.its esan turn anyways

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ize-Iyamu Declares For Edo Guber, Says 2020 Sabotaged By APC Govs by martineverest(m): 6:49am On Dec 28, 2023
LivingSage:
Aside working against you, Obaseki used propaganda to gain people's sympathy.
He Cunningly let people see the election as him versus Oshiomhole.

When he was declared winner, they were not mocking Ize Iyamu but Oshiomhole. Edo loves Ize Iyamu
lol...."Edo love uze iyamu" that one got me laffing.

9 Likes

Re: Ize-Iyamu Declares For Edo Guber, Says 2020 Sabotaged By APC Govs by LivingSage: 6:50am On Dec 28, 2023
Yes.
Only Esan people may think otherwise because of interest in the forthcoming election.

martineverest:

8 Likes

Re: Ize-Iyamu Declares For Edo Guber, Says 2020 Sabotaged By APC Govs by money121(m): 6:55am On Dec 28, 2023
Ok
Re: Ize-Iyamu Declares For Edo Guber, Says 2020 Sabotaged By APC Govs by raumdeuter: 6:56am On Dec 28, 2023
Shey governors like Fayemi

1 Like

Re: Ize-Iyamu Declares For Edo Guber, Says 2020 Sabotaged By APC Govs by Shattuck(m): 6:56am On Dec 28, 2023
Kokorokomano:
A dicy situation.
If pdp fields an esan man ans apc fields an edo man apc may likely carry the day.
The binis will see it as an opportunity for them to rule for eight years straight.

For permanet cure for weak erection, quick ejaculation, erectile dysfunction, Watery and low Sperm Count and improvement of your girth reach me on WhatsApp with the number on my signature.

If after one week you do not get your desired result you are free to report my bank account ans call me out ans post my details online.

we are not like that we have no problem with Esan people I for one wants an Esan man to become the governor.bini people do not place emphasis on ethnic politics, we just don't want hardened criminals and godfathers that's all

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ize-Iyamu Declares For Edo Guber, Says 2020 Sabotaged By APC Govs by osayuwamwen(m): 7:01am On Dec 28, 2023
I voted for obaseki out of sympathy, till today I regretted not voting IZE IYAMU he wold hv actually perform more than obaseki, obaseki is a disaster 8 good wasted years
martineverest:

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ize-Iyamu Declares For Edo Guber, Says 2020 Sabotaged By APC Govs by Judolisco(m): 7:02am On Dec 28, 2023
Make dis bros go sit down now.... Toor make he try again Sha... Na so buhari do take turn president
Re: Ize-Iyamu Declares For Edo Guber, Says 2020 Sabotaged By APC Govs by rolams(m): 7:02am On Dec 28, 2023
Another opportunity to waste money again!
Re: Ize-Iyamu Declares For Edo Guber, Says 2020 Sabotaged By APC Govs by Emu4life(m): 7:04am On Dec 28, 2023
This Pastor no go rest

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ize-Iyamu Declares For Edo Guber, Says 2020 Sabotaged By APC Govs by Femisol(m): 7:04am On Dec 28, 2023
Just give me 20 million out of the money you plan to waste

2 Likes

Re: Ize-Iyamu Declares For Edo Guber, Says 2020 Sabotaged By APC Govs by Iseoluwani: 7:05am On Dec 28, 2023
cheesy
Re: Ize-Iyamu Declares For Edo Guber, Says 2020 Sabotaged By APC Govs by LeeSmart: 7:06am On Dec 28, 2023
To be honest Edo men no too fine 4 face like that.... Like 80% of them wey i don come across them get desame kind of face.

14 Likes

Re: Ize-Iyamu Declares For Edo Guber, Says 2020 Sabotaged By APC Govs by jkpbestseries: 7:07am On Dec 28, 2023
Is it his own zone?
Re: Ize-Iyamu Declares For Edo Guber, Says 2020 Sabotaged By APC Govs by thomasjoe(m): 7:08am On Dec 28, 2023
Edo people are not like you think.
It's the turn of the Esan!

Kokorokomano:
A dicy situation.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

FG, States Spent N538bn On Ghost Workers In Five Years / Watch President Buhari's National Address Live / How Will This 8K Favour Me And My Family

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.