Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,042 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:36 AM

VICTIMS- Fiction - Literature (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / VICTIMS- Fiction (38181 Views)

If After A Month The Isolated Coronal Virus Victims Turn Into Zombies What Will? / Victims Of Passion / Victims (A Short Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: VICTIMS- Fiction by germaphobe(m): 6:45am On Mar 24, 2019
so rosemary33 you though you can continue this story without me abi, na lie!!, i don catch up with una. Oya kwantinue ma'am

1 Like

Re: VICTIMS- Fiction by Rosemary33: 8:36am On Mar 24, 2019
rukidanty:
thanks for the update and finally you are back
yes o, I will message you
Re: VICTIMS- Fiction by Rosemary33: 8:36am On Mar 24, 2019
germaphobe:
so rosemary33 you though you can continue this story without me abi, na lie!!, i don catch up with una. Oya kwantinue ma'am
hahahhaaaa chai! You are funny o, Biko don't call police for me o

1 Like

Re: VICTIMS- Fiction by Reflex01(m): 5:01pm On Mar 24, 2019
Madam Rosy tanx for the update, biko kwantinue
Re: VICTIMS- Fiction by queenitee(f): 9:31pm On Mar 24, 2019
Thank you
Re: VICTIMS- Fiction by Rosemary33: 7:06pm On Mar 27, 2019
Reflex01:
Madam Rosy tanx for the update, biko kwantinue
I am so sorry for being quiet for long now. embarassed embarassed, the truth is that this story is almost at the conclusion stage. One or two episodes remaining to go cool cool.
Re: VICTIMS- Fiction by Rosemary33: 7:21pm On Mar 27, 2019
Meanwhile, I am working on my next story, so I want to ask you my good readers: what would you want to read again from me? What do you want me to write about?

Romance, Horror, Crime, or a story like this one we are about to finish. Let me know your thoughts

Secondly, what would you have loved to see in this story "Victims" what didn't seat well with you? What of the characters, what did you love or hate about them. Where would you have loved for them to end up?

What of me? Criticize me Biko, I will not cry cheesy

1 Like

Re: VICTIMS- Fiction by Rosemary33: 7:38pm On Mar 27, 2019
Ehe ehem.... I got a surprise gift yesterday from rukidanty. I seriously wasn't expecting it, but she decided to surprise me with a Token grin

Chai ruki, you will have more money in your bank account o, NEPA will not cut your light at all cheesy God bless you so much, I really appreciate. You have encouraged me with this gift. Respect to you

1 Like

Re: VICTIMS- Fiction by Nobody: 9:11pm On Mar 27, 2019
Rosemary33:
Meanwhile, I am working on my next story, so I want to ask you my good readers: what would you want to read again from me? What do you want me to write about?

Romance, Horror, Crime, or a story like this one we are about to finish. Let me know your thoughts

Secondly, what would you have loved to see in this story "Victims" what didn't seat well with you? What of the characters, what did you love or hate about them. Where would you have loved for them to end up?

First off, I'll start by commending your sincerity towards we your readers. You're really worthy of emulation!!!

Then, congratulations for being able to paint the true history of a national event in words. You're really a fierce writer!!!

I can still remember like it was yesterday when I stumbled upon this story and what captivated my attention was the opening intro... Twas just like a movie.And since then, I've been following quite closely.

My favorite character in this story is Ukuoma.. well she's actually the hero anyways . Her character depicts the strong doggedness of every female folks trying to survive in harsh conditions. God bless you all.

Well I hope she gets Justice... I forsee the government helping her and she in turn would establish an NGO . Every other characters in the story would smile at last due to Ukuoma affluence.

Now to the real koko gangan... Maybe in your quest to quickly write and update us your reader's , you made some major/minor grammatical blunders in some episodes of the story. So my dear, next time take time to proofread and edit before posting grin.

My last submission.... You're a highly intelligent and prolific writer who understands how to paint situations in words. Thumbs up my dear... You're going places. Chinue Achebe , Chiamanda Adiche, Wole Soyinka and others go dey learn from you. Just continue your good works. God bless you!!!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: VICTIMS- Fiction by rukidanty: 11:04pm On Mar 27, 2019
Rosemary33:
Ehe ehem.... I got a surprise gift yesterday from rukidanty. I seriously wasn't expecting it, but she decided to surprise me with a Token grin

Chai ruki, you will have more money in your bank account o, NEPA will not cut your light at all cheesy God bless you so much, I really appreciate. You have encouraged me with this gift. Respect to you
well thanks for the compliment but we would like to read a romance story from you and i am not a she but he,ok?well i would love the imam to die and ukwoma to be compensated for all the pains she has gone through and live happily again
Re: VICTIMS- Fiction by Rosemary33: 12:20am On Mar 28, 2019
cuteguy14911:

First off, I'll start by commending your sincerity towards we your readers. You're really worthy of emulation!!!

Then, congratulations for being able to paint the true history of a national event in words. You're really a fierce writer!!!

I can still remember like it was yesterday when I stumbled upon this story and what captivated my attention was the opening intro... Twas just like a movie.And since then, I've been following quite closely.

My favorite character in this story is Ukuoma.. well she's actually the hero anyways . Her character depicts the strong doggedness of every female folks trying to survive in harsh conditions. God bless you all.

Well I hope she gets Justice... I forsee the government helping her and she in turn would establish an NGO . Every other characters in the story would smile at last due to Ukuoma affluence.

Now to the real koko gangan... Maybe in your quest to quickly write and update us your reader's , you made some major/minor grammatical blunders in some episodes of the story. So my dear, next time take time to proofread and edit before posting grin.

My last submission.... You're a highly intelligent and prolific writer who understands how to paint situations in words. Thumbs up my dear... You're going places. Chinue Achebe , Chiamanda Adiche, Wole Soyinka and others go dey learn from you. Just continue your good works. God bless you!!!!!!!!!!
Thank you so much much for your sincerity and everything. I really appreciate you. I will strive to do better and will not disappoint.

1 Like

Re: VICTIMS- Fiction by Rosemary33: 12:22am On Mar 28, 2019
rukidanty:
well thanks for the compliment but we would like to read a romance story from you and i am not a she but he,ok?well i would love the imam to die and ukwoma to be compensated for all the pains she has gone through and live happily again
shocked shocked, I am so sorry Sir. I was confused with the Name Ruki. I once had a friend in school with that name 'Ruky' please forgive me
Re: VICTIMS- Fiction by Nobody: 2:59am On Mar 28, 2019
Rosemary33:
Thank you so much much for your sincerity and everything. I really appreciate you. I will strive to do better and will not disappoint.

Thank you too... Me am actually a lover of horror stories... Guess maybe that's what raised my interest when I started following this story. I wouldn't mind if you write another.

1 Like

Re: VICTIMS- Fiction by FortunateB(f): 7:32am On Mar 28, 2019
Rosemary33:

Personally I will like a Romance story next.

The story victims is nice but the pains suffered by Ukwuoma was too much, I also didn't like what Ife went through it was way too much for her.
I hope Ukwuoma and Ife find peace at the end.

Talking of criticising you, I haven't seen any where for that yet, your updates are frequent and you have your audience at heart also.

Keep up the good work and the sky will be your starting point, Kudos.

1 Like

Re: VICTIMS- Fiction by rukidanty: 8:00am On Mar 28, 2019
Rosemary33:
shocked shocked, I am so sorry Sir. I was confused with the Name Ruki. I once had a friend in school with that name 'Ruky' please forgive me
i understand but its a unisex name

1 Like

Re: VICTIMS- Fiction by Smith06: 12:03pm On Mar 28, 2019
Rosemary33:

Speaking for myself I will prefer romance.

Victim look real and is looking like a story I can relate with, so I'll like Yusuf to repent and live a good life after, I'll like ukwoma and Ife to find peace

1 Like

Re: VICTIMS- Fiction by Rosemary33: 10:37pm On Mar 28, 2019
CHAPTER 35

She didn’t know how long she stood by the grave side, before ‘Iya’ walked up to her, both women stood in silence talking to the dead in prayers.

Ado-Odo didn’t change much from the last time she was there with Tunde and the children, except for more brick houses that has replaced some old mud ones, with Aluminum roofing sheet instead of raffias. It wasn’t difficult locating the village after four years, she met Iya in the farm weeding, her old shaking hands held the little hoe firmly, her wrapper was on her waist while her dry long breasts flaps like cocoyam leafs each time she moves her hands. Ukwuoma stood with the boy and watched the old woman, she fought her emotions,

“Iya” she called out

The old woman paused and looked back, she thought she wouldn’t recognize her at first but the old woman did,

Iyawo mi” Iya called out with her shaky voice

“Mama!” Ukwuoma called out, her voice shook with emotions. The old woman tried running towards her, but she got to the woman faster, they held each other in a warm embrace
Iyawo mi…o ti igba pipe…

Beeni Mama

It took the old woman sometime to notice the small boy that stood some feet away from them, she eases herself away from the embrace and her gaze held that of the boy,

Mi o ti ri eni yi ri (I have not met this one before)” she said. Ukwuoma followed her gaze, unsure of how the old woman would accept the news that brought her home.

Wa ki o si ijoko isale mama (Come and seat down mama)”

It was obvious the woman was no longer as strong as she used to be, Ukwuoma led her back to the house and the boy followed

Awon iyoku da? (where are the others)” Iya had asked after she was settled on her favorite seat. Ukwuoma didn’t answer, she had wondered how she would be able to look Iya on the face and tell her of what life brought to them, of the visit death paid her and how he left with everything she has. The old woman searched her face for answers, she felt there was something wrong;

Iyawo mi…awon omo mi da? Oko re nko? (my wife, where are my children? What of your husband?)”

Iya abandoned her seat and was seated on the ground by the time Ukwuoma finished narrating her story, the old woman wore her face as hard as a stone, but one could hear her groan while she shook her head and her outstretched legs, she was in pains

Oko o mi …” she soliloquized, a name she called Kunle her only child after twenty-one years. Iya was the first wife who was unfortunate with child bearing, for she was always visited with an ‘abiku’ a child that brought joy and sorrow with him, he would come and go after three months. When the fifth child died, it became necessary that a sacrifice should be made,

“You are called to be an Ifa priestess” the Babalawo had told her “You shouldn’t have gotten married, but you are stubborn. Ifa must be appeased before your child will stay”

And Ifa was appeased, two months later, she was pregnant again for the sixth time.

“He must be presented to Ifa eight days after delivery if you want him to live”

When Kunle came out, he was so beautiful that it scared her. He looked like a child from the spirit world, but his laughter was very adorable. Kunle was her world, the air she breath. When her husband talked about taking another wife five years after Kunle was born and there was no sign of another child, she gave him her blessings and concentrated on her only son Kunle.

Oko o mi… (my Husband)” was what he called Kunle, the gods have cheated her, they have played tricks with her. Why would they allow her so much happiness and took it away before her very eyes? They would have waited for her to die first.

It was mid night when the two women dug a shallow grave and buried the bones, while the young woman went back inside the house with the small boy, the old woman sat on top of the grave soliloquizing and asking the unseen gods some questions which was never answered. Ukwuoma lay in the dark, her eyes opened and her mind afar gone.

So as both women stood by the grave two days later, Ukwuoma watched as ants burrow tiny holes on the grave, she watched them make their way in and out of the holes, she also saw a lizard waiting patiently by the side of the grave, soon it would make its move towards the unsuspected ants

Omo na ma duro (The boy will stay)” Iya said, “maybe… Ifa brought him for me, knowing I have nothing else left”

“o seun mama (thank you Mama)”

They talked about the boy before, “He would remind me of what I lost” Iya had said and Ukwuoma understood so she didn’t try to persuade the old woman.

“I am old now but I have hope” Iya said while both of them kept their gazes on the grave that housed the bones of those they loved.

“Auntie one Army man dey look for you”

Ukwuoma was at the cassava farm when a visitor for her was announced. The child that brought the news ran off before she could even ask who the visitor was, not that the child would answer.

She unconsciously wiped the dirt in her palms on her wrapper, tied her head tie stronger and came to meet her visitor. The Man was already chatting with Iya before she walked in, she didn’t recognize the face at first,

“He said he is your friend from Abuja” Iya said in Yoruba

“no mama, her friend from Abuja sent me” Lieutenant Abdul corrected

Ukwuoma drew a chair closer and sat down, if there was a message from Abuja, then it must be either from Kafaya or Ifeoluwa. Iya left the two and went inside.

“How is Kafaya? What news did you bring?”

“I thought I wouldn’t find you again” Lieutenant Abdul said

Ukwuoma didn’t recognize him still, she looked at him for a long time without any clue of who he was

“I was there in the church when the boy almost died…you were determined to die with him” He said. Then she remembered;

“It was you…you were the Army man that couldn’t leave us to die” Ukwuoma commented with gratitude in her voice

“Allah forbid that I would make the same mistake twice in my life, I wouldn’t have forgiving myself. That scene would have hunted me forever”

He told her the story that had stayed with him for years, the story of his twin brother “I am still in the force because of him, I want to justify his death, I want to tell him that I still fight for the cause he died fighting”

After his story, Ukwuoma didn’t have much to say, she sat with a stick in her hand, flogging the sand

“I looked for you at your place in Abuja, Kafaya told me you have gone”

“How is she”

“She is fine, said I should greet you” He searched his pocket and brought out a brown envelop “She wrote you a letter”
Ukwuoma took the envelope from him. Cleaned her palm on her wrapper and began to read

“we miss you every day and wish you were here with us. Ife is fine, she is home with me and will be starting school next term. Though she slides into depression once in a while, but gradually she will be completely okay.
They have not been able to locate the man that took the boy, that man we saw in the market. But his father is still in prison though no news of him being sentenced. Abuja is still hot, protests and riots. We have not heard about any death yet.
I have journalists knocking at my door or calling me on phone every day, they want to speak to you or the boy. I told them you have travelled home, but didn’t tell them where, I think you don’t need the exposure neither does the boy, they may come for him. I can’t tell your story to them either, I may not be good on it, it is better told by you.
You have become a celebrity here though, your face and that of the boy are on the newspapers and television stations. I love watching your face with Ife in the evenings, they would deliberate on what happened and would call you a strong woman and a hero.
When are you coming back? Please write to me if you can
With Love K and Ife.

Ukwuoma smiled, she folded the letter and slip it inside her wrapper.

“I have not seen the boy” Abdul said, looking around

“He is playing in the next hut with other children” she cut her finger nail with her teeth and spat out “How did you find me?”

“Kafaya told me what you told her, the name of the village and your mother-in law’s name”

“Hmm”

“Why here…why not with your parents?” Abdul asked her

“I can’t face them”

Abdul understood that feeling, when his brother died, he couldn’t face his parents either, he had wanted to die rather than go home. He didn’t know why this woman would want to avoid going back to her parents, but for him; it was guilt and shame, the feeling that he wasn’t able to protect his own, he failed his family.

“Why did you come looking for me?” Ukwuoma asked him

He didn’t know why, but she had not left his thought after that ordeal. Maybe she was his connection to the past, maybe he saw in her the strength he didn’t have, maybe there was something more.

“I don’t know…I felt I should look for the woman everyone is talking about lately” they both laughed, a laughter she was having for the first time since she came back.

He looked at his watch and stood up, “I will be going now, I f I am lucky I will follow our military van back to Abuja tomorrow morning”

“wait!” Ukwuoma hurried inside the hut, scribbled few words on a dirty paper and hurried back to meet Abdul “Give this to Kafaya…I can find something more appropriate to write to her with”

“no problem, I know she will be thrilled to read a letter from you”

“I don’t even know your name” Ukwuoma said

“Abdul”

“Thank you Abdul”

He nodded and left. Iya who has been watching them from the window closed the window.

Somewhere in Port Harcourt city, hidden from prying eyes and suspicious minds, surrounded by bushed and a dirty river, with a narrow part-way, a covet meeting of sixteen men went on.

The man who stood as the spokesman was simply following instructions given by a higher authority who he chose not to disclose his identity.

“the Imam needs to be moved out of the country without raising any dust”

“But why? Can’t we leave him out of this and look for another person?”

“We have talked about this severally, he commands large followership, we don’t have time to start making fresh negotiations”

“Don’t you think he could take advantage of this opportunity like he did with Kazeem and his men?” another asked

“They allowed him call the shots, he gave them conditions and they obeyed him, this time we are calling the shot and the Lord Supreme has made it possible for him to follow when we call” The spokesman looked at every Man in the room, he was a good Orator and commands respect

“You need to see our man now, he is more like a puppy than a bull dog, he will play balls”

“And if he doesn’t?”

“But he will…oh yes he will” Mr Spokesman had a smirk on his face.

The men didn’t have much to argue about, anything to keep the country under their leadership, as far as this unseen lord supreme sanctions it.
The 2003 election would be fierce and the party would do all they could to keep the power. the game would be to use the enemy’s weapon against them, they also need to keep the religious and ethnic crisis going, on the other hand they would fight it openly, while throwing blames on the opposition.

They would win the sympathy of the people; it would make the presidency look competent in fighting insecurity. They would visit IDP’S and make fancy speeches, donate monies, make press conferences and snap pictures with the military.

Imam husayn would give them what they want, he would bring in the arms, train the men, blow the country hot and allow then do the chasing, the catching and the parading of suspects.

Agreements has not been reach with the Imam who was about to lose his mind, just the way they wanted him to be.

“So where do we send him to…where he will not be traced by the press”

“I vote for Dubai”

“Dubai is too close; we can’t take that risk”

“let’s drop him off to Pakistan, I think he must have connections there already”

“That will not be a good idea either, he could get too comfortable over there, and with some skims he could slip off out fingers and turn back to haunt us”

The men deliberated and couldn’t not agree on a decision,

“Gentlemen” The spokesman rose again “We may not get what we want if we continue arguing and deliberating like school children. I think we should send him to somewhere less attractive and comfort…I suggest Kenya” he searched the faces of the men seated in the room for disapproval and found none “So shall we vote?”

“Kenya it is”

“Kenya”

“I say we allow that man rest in peace in prison and go for another instrument”

“What is it going to be Mark” Mr spokesman asked impatiently

“Okay…Kenya it is”

“Right gentlemen, we will assemble again if need be. Be careful while leaving, we don’t want any of us followed”

It was late when they brought the meeting to a close.

2 Likes

Re: VICTIMS- Fiction by Ann2012(f): 10:55pm On Mar 28, 2019
Thanks for the update
Re: VICTIMS- Fiction by rukidanty: 11:23pm On Mar 28, 2019
thanks for the update and ukuoma might fall in love with abdul and live happily
Re: VICTIMS- Fiction by Michelle55: 11:47pm On Mar 28, 2019
rukidanty:
Chai.. Don't spoil the suspense please smiley
Thanks for the update dear
Re: VICTIMS- Fiction by Nobody: 12:17am On Mar 29, 2019
Thanks for the update... Happily ever after is about to happen just like I predicted
Re: VICTIMS- Fiction by LisaAnne(f): 3:47am On Mar 29, 2019
Rosemary33:
EPISODE 2

In as much as she wanted to mourn her own, she decided to leave the dead behind and move on, carrying only their memories with
her, she staggered out of the room with almost nothing as cloth.

she moving out like a ghost in the street. Bodies lying on top of each other, headless, amputated, hacked,lost children, crying and calling “mother”, women screaming the names of their children and husbands.

That was how she met him, Oguguo (as she later named him) he was standing beside the body of a dead woman crying, with no cloth on and mucus running down his nose.

Buried in her own grief, she took no notice of him at first, she kept walking, but as she walked, she could hear the cry of a child trailing her, yet she
kept walking without looking back, following the movement of others towards a destination she knew not.

“Madam, carry this pikin (babe) for hand, you wan make him die,” a woman shouted at her amidst the chaos.

She turned and looked at him, for the first time she actually saw him, his big owl like eyes, piercing her heart, going beyond it to plead for a chance to live.

She was not sure if it was pity for the boy or consolation to her sorrowful soul, she yanked him off the ground and carried him with her, hurried her
feet, with the air so thick with smoke and sting of burning flesh, she ran blindly, praying that God would at least spare her life and lead her to where she could at be safe before thinking of the next thing to do.

3rd Armoured Division Barracks, Bassa.

They were greeted with the sight of overcrowded camp filled with people seeking refuge in the barrack.

Getting a good spot to settle with Ogugua wasn’t easy, it seems like the number people seeking refuge in the barrack was more than the available space.

As she walked from corner to corner with Ogugua now sleeping in her hands, she was almost stepping
on others who were lying face down like dead bodies out of hunger, some were chatting noisily about the violence going on, some still mourn the loss of their loved ones while others were looking at nothing in particular, one could hear the wailing of hungry children and the shout of frustrated mothers.

She looked around the dirty interior of the camp in search of a space, when she finally found one she made a quick move to it before another person takes it.

The next challenge would be where to get a mat to lay the sleeping little boy,

‘‘nwanne i nacho ebe iga enweta ute?” (Are u looking for where
to get mat?) Her Neighbor, an Igbo woman with her two daughters who were sleeping and a husband who was arguing loudly with another man, asked her.

‘‘eehm, yes ma” she answered

‘‘okey, I know u need a mat for yourself and your son” her neighbor commented

‘‘ yes, I was about to ask you where you got yours from”

‘‘ just get to that corner at the beginning of the camp, meet the officers in charge and tell them you just arrived”

‘‘ok, thank you so much, please help me secure this space while I get the mat” she answered before leaving.

The queue was long at the officers offices, people were already losing their patience in the hot sun and once in a while fight would erupt from one point or another as people try to maneuver another in other to be in the front roll.

She took her head gear off, tied the edges around her neck and allowed it to flow down her back in other to cover Ogugua who was still sleeping, a torn
head gear and wrapper she got from a woman who could not bear seeing her tattered cloth, and decided to share her little cloths with her, “to say someone still look out for another amidst such chaos”,

When it finally got to her turn after a long
wait, she registered her name and was waiting for the officer to hand the mat over to her. the officer gave her a sheepish smile, exposing a set of teeth darkened with tobacco and kola nut;

‘‘fine woman, oyibo pepe (fair like an English woman), see as your skin dey yellow, dey shine like fresh paw-paw”

Other officers were drawn to her by that comment, laughing and looking lustfully at her, it was not difficult to see her once beautiful
face and yellow skin even though life has decided to flip an ugly side on her

‘‘Please can you give me the mat now, my boy needs to rest” she replied in disgust, wondering within her how easily she came to accept the boy on her back as “His boy
‘‘Hei! see as you dey speak like oyibo (you speak like the whites), come make I tell you, if you need anything for this place ehe, meet me, i go give you” still smiling sheepishly

‘‘the mat sir” she requested pretending not to notice his
flirtation.

She finally settled Ogugua on the mat to continue his sleep and decided to go and get the pitiable food she saw some others eating.

It was already dusk before it could get to her turn to
get the food, it was The same officer who she met earlier, he looked at her, savoring her body while licking his lips

‘‘madam abeg wait for me inside make i come give you the one way dey inside”

‘‘Ah! oga officer, my baby fit don wake now, abeg give me the one way dey here make I go give am” Ukwuoma replied, deciding to speak in pidgin English to avoid drawing attention to herself

‘‘Madam I said you should wait ” he shouted

After waiting for a while, the officer came in and took her inside the office

‘‘Ehe! Madam, I say make u wait make I give you your own food and provision special” the officer said as he walks close to her trying to hold her in a romantic embrace.

‘‘She wiggled herself away from his embrace.

‘‘You be pikin? You suppose know watin I want now or you no want the food again? ” asked the officer who tried to forcefully embrace her

‘‘Get off me you idiot” she shouted, pushing him off

‘‘Look make I tell you, for here I dey in charge o, no be only food I go give you but I go give you plenty milk for your son and new wrapper so you fit change this dirty one”

‘‘Oga, na only food I need, I no need any other thing. And no near me or I go shout make everybody hear and see waiting you dey do” she threatened

‘‘See this woman o, i wan help you and you dey do shakara, common comot for here, you no dey serious o, go make you and your pikin die of hunger, i go push you o”

‘‘What of the food oga, please no do this to me, for my son’s sake abeg help me, just a little for my boy please…”

‘‘Common shut up your mouth, which food, get out of here, when you dey serious you come” he pushed her out.

her head was light, with tears blinding her sight she walked back to the camp only to see the mat empty and Oguguo missing.

‘‘Where could he be?” she thought, the few hours that passed has brought them close so quickly, because to her he became a consolation, yet she saw her past, and her future in him.

She asked her neighbor who said she was sleeping and didn’t know when he left.

‘‘Oguguo ! O..gu..guo!!!” she called out, shouting his name aloud, her eyes roaming to and fro in search of him.

She spotted him at the far end of the camp, standing beside a family who were eating without noticing him.

He was trying to grab some yam from their plate while a woman, who must be the mother, shove him off like a chick being shooed from grains, and each time she did that Oguguo cries.

Ukwuoma watched the scene like a movie, her son was being treated as a common beggar and she blew the only chance she could have provided food for him,
she had watched and her family was snatched away from her, so helpless she was and death stole them away, and could not watch this one, the reminder of the sons she once had, taken byhunger, her tears was uncontrollable as she ran to pick him up, away from there.

‘‘Ogugua my son, I will not fold my arms and watch hunger take you away like the others” she came back to her mat pleaded with her Neighbor to look out for him and left.

She ran as if something was after her, crying aloud and her breast flapping side by side with the force of her speed.

She knocked at the door of the office, the officer opened the door as if he was waiting for her, he smiled broadly and ushered her inside the little office, with no much words to say, she removed what was remaining of her cloth and allowed it to fall on the flour.

She eased herself on the floor and closed her
eyes.

As he had his way, she refused to feel any physical pain, the only pain she could feel was the pain in her heart. at that moment all she could remember was that fateful day when she lost everything, her family killed before her, as he thrust deep in her, tears ran down her cheek,

She opened her eyes and turn her face at the other side of the office, all she could see was the hungry face of her the boy Ogugua.
Re: VICTIMS- Fiction by SkimpleD: 5:17pm On Mar 29, 2019
LisaAnne, we don’t do that here o undecided
Re: VICTIMS- Fiction by LisaAnne(f): 1:39am On Mar 30, 2019
SkimpleD:
LisaAnne, we don’t do that here o undecided
sorry....
Re: VICTIMS- Fiction by queenitee(f): 3:48pm On Mar 31, 2019
rukidanty:
My thoughts
Re: VICTIMS- Fiction by Nobody: 9:22pm On Mar 31, 2019
Rosemary33:
Please I welcome criticism o, a writer is never too good. Be sincere about what you think about the story and my writing styles.

When I wrote "kiss me one more night" you guys helped me, your criticism over my grammatical errors put me on my toes, that story is with the publishers now.

So I don't take constructive criticisms lightly, and commendations too grin grin grin
You know, give me accolades when you think I deserve it kiss kiss kiss.

More especially have a constructive arguments about the story and the characters, let us not generalise with any religion

You guys mean so much to me
criti wetin.....nothing lyk criticism 4 dis ya tory.....All i can say is dat u are a talented writer.Infact u are a time bomb with ya creativity
Re: VICTIMS- Fiction by PrudySara(f): 12:59pm On Apr 01, 2019
I really have nothing to criticize about, Rosemary33 your writing is indeed superb!!
I don't know, but I kinda relate easily to this particular story..
Meanwhile, I'll prefer your new story to be Romance
Rosemary33:

Re: VICTIMS- Fiction by Rosemary33: 3:41pm On Apr 01, 2019
thank you all so much, I am done on this story, the rest is left for your Imagination Lol grin grin grin. i want to introduce the next story to you

'THE SOLDIER THAT LOVES ME- A FAT GIRL'S STORY.

I will send the link shortly, thank you people so much for following and reading, i hope you will follow this new one and make your comments, you guys mean so much to me. i love you all kiss kiss kiss
Re: VICTIMS- Fiction by Rosemary33: 3:43pm On Apr 01, 2019
cuteguy14911, don't worry i am going to write a horror story specifically for you. but based on popular demand, this next one is a love and romance story, with a little bit humor
Re: VICTIMS- Fiction by Rosemary33: 4:02pm On Apr 01, 2019
https://www.nairaland.com/5110889/soldier-loves-me-fat-girls#77175117 click on the link to start following the new story!!!

i am already loving the lady Elizabeth wow!! kiss kiss
Re: VICTIMS- Fiction by Taniaa(f): 4:04pm On Apr 01, 2019
Rosemary33:
EPISODE 28

“We have succeeded in shooting ourselves on the leg”

Mr Party chairman said solemnly. The little room was silence except for the periodic shuffling of Agbadas and the buzzing of the Air conditioner.

The meeting was not the party’s planned one, it was an emergency meeting for the Inner caucus. And the venue was chosen for the fear that gripped all of them after Usman’s gruesome murder made the news.

“Whoever did this is trying to send a message, he may come for us” Whimpered Honorable wali

The Honorable has always been fearful and pessimistic, sometimes Mrs Party chairman wondered why he was allowed to be part of this Elite party members

“I suspect the president is responsible for this” Alhaji Danjuma said

Mr Party chairman shook his head in the negative “No, Danladi could be desperate but he is not this brutal…”

“He must have paid someone to do the gruesome job for him…” insisted Danjuma

“I still insist he didn’t do this, I have worked with Danladi, brutal murder is not his thing, poisoning yes but not this type of…”

The room was silence again, the men looked at each other helplessly before Mr party chairman spoke again

“That Imam did this” he waited for someone to object but none did “I got a letter from him the morning I saw Usman’s dead body”

Me ya sa? Why?...” Senator Kazeem spoke for the first time

“He is beginning to demand more than we can offer, he played us to his advantage…I am afraid Honorable members, we can no longer control this man or his quest for power…” Mr party chairman heaved a sigh

“we cannot allow him ruin us, he has overstayed his usefulness, we can dispose of him and plan another strategy to get what we want…”

“I am afraid honorable Mohammad, he has become stronger than all of us, this man knows weapons like the back of his palm and commands thousands of faithful followers who would burn this country down in the name of his Allah…”

“We can use his own against him” Senator Kazeem cut in
“How?”

“I know Imam Husayn, at least I know his family so well, I heard he framed his in-law and got him locked up in Kuje for sometime now while his nephew, the son to the old Man he locked up works for him…we could offer the young man something he could not refuse in exchange of selling out his uncle…”

Mr party chairman weighed the suggestion for some time, he didn’t know what to make of it, as long as he wanted to jump into any suggestion that would relief them of the tension hanging on their necks, he would want to be careful not to complicate issues;

“these boys are always brainwashed into doing anything for their leader including sacrificing their families and loved ones…”

“The boy has lost his mother already, and I heard he lost his second wife too, no thanks to his uncle. Now his father is in prison… we could speak to him and get him see the other side of his uncle…then…”

“Where is this boy now?”

“I don’t know… but he would not be hard to find…”

“Make contact Kazeem, then get back to me as soon as possible…I think we should also pay the Old Mallam a visit in his new home at Kuje

It wasn’t so difficult to track the big men with the boy. Kazeem could pull strings even in the Enemy’s territory to get what he want, he was a retired military General so playing the fox to get what he want would not be so difficult

“As-Salam alaikum” Kazeem had greeted with all humility he could feign

“Wa-Alaikum Salaam” Husayn had responded, a little disappointed that it wasn’t the voice he had wanted to hear since morning

He had hurriedly excused himself from the secret meeting where plans were being made for another riot in respect of the announced ‘miss world beauty pageant’. He had tried to put up a strong font even though a huge storm was forming inside his head.
The riot would be carried out in four major cities; Kaduna, Jos and Abuja, “send words to brethren in these states, make it violent if you must; burn their houses, set their cars on fire, push into American Embassy in Abuja and bring it down…Allah will make way for you…Islam should not be disrespected like this, and you must not watch Allah blasphemed” he had told them with so much venom.
That was before he felt his phone vibrate, he ran off to his sacred room inside the office and held his phone firmly on his ears.

“Who is this?” he asked when he felt it was a voice he wasn’t used to

“It’s senator Kazeem…”

“Oh! Senator” Husayn adjusted his tone to sound amiable “How is my friend the Party chairman?”

“He sent his greetings, he would want to pay hcurtsey visit one of these days” both knew it was an ice breaker, to pave way for the real conversation

“I heard one of your boys visited an old man in prison here in Abuja, I mean the Man that was alleged to be responsible for the twin bombing”

Husayn didn’t know where the conversation was going to but he decided to play along “I don’t know about that, and the connection any of my boys have with an old man in prison” Husayn laughed nervously

“Well, it got me worried…this act may give us out and I heard the boy in question said somethings he was not supposed to say, and these confessions were recorded…” Kazeem only know about the visit because the arrest and detaining of the Islamic scholar got his attention and he had wanted to know who had wanted the old man locked up and why. And when the news of the prison break got to him, with only the Old man not able to leave, it became obvious that there was something more to that story, so he had bribed his way into Kuje Prison and had gotten himself allies.

“Well Senator…I don’t know what to say, I am not aware of such visit…”

“Imam, the way I see this, I will advise you give up the boy, you know how these things work, if he manages to spill, all of us goes down…and a well-respected cleric like you…”

Husayn has not gotten himself in a position where he lacked words before, but he suddenly felt he could use this to his advantage, after all has been looking for a way to kill Yusuf, what if he throws him in the hands of these politicians and watch them do the job for him?

“I know the boy you are talking about, but I tell you he is not one of us, he is a rebel who is on the run”

Kazeem tried hard to hide his excitement, he was about to get the news he was seeking

“…he left Jos Long ago, with the report I have of him, he should be in Abuja with a little boy who happens to be my son”

“Your Son? Why?”

“I will not tell you that senator, but Yusuf is a very dangerous man, do with his however you please but don’t let him or anyone harm my son…”

“Sure…sure, do you have any idea where we can locate this…Yusuf you mentioned?”

“No for now, he may be hiding in any hotel there in Abuja, he has lots of money with him and I guess he may be armed too”

“Thank you so much Imam, I promise you we will nab him and your name will not be mentioned at all”

That was two hours ago, before Kazeem alerted his party Chairman

“We have the information we are looking for, the boy is here in Abuja and it seems like he has fallen out with the Imam” Kazeem said

“You need to get to him before Husayn gets to him”

Mr Party Chairman dropped the phone, threw 40 milligram of Enalapril inside his mouth, he gulp down th drug with water, tapping his chest to make the drug go down, a habit he picked up as a child, he had hated taking tablets even when his mother would slide the tablet inside balls of food for him to swallow.

He would have taking 20mg of the Hypertension drug, but after what he saw two days ago and the threat that came from the cleric, his heart has been playing bass drum and was threatening to pull off his chest, his Blood Pressure has gone up as well.

He took more water, dropped the bottle on top of the small table in the small hotel room. It was not the kind of hotel he was known for, but he had wanted to be careful of giving a lead to whoever that killed Usman. He had not slept in his mansion since yesterday, and had located this hotel after several search for a safe place for himself.

He had come in wearing a pair of jean and a T-shirt with a face cap, he hoped some miserable blogger didn’t capture his picture or he would be trending on social media the next morning.

He adjusted the pillow that was worse than what he saw in a boarding house in his village community school where he went to commission a toilet three years ago. He turned and tossed on the bed that was as strong as a stone.

He would have switched on the television to keep himself busy but the Hotel has turned off their generator for the night. He thought of calling Mira, but dismissed the thought, Mira would definitely laugh him to scorn and would want to know why he was hiding here, he really needed to f**ck a wet p**sy in other to forget his fear and getting one or two of those cheap prostitutes downstairs would put him at risk. he resolved to watching some pornographic clips of women licking and humping women while he relief his urge.

They got to her apartment in the evening after Ukwuoma has been with Ife in the hospital, she had refused to stay outside while the nurses perform their duties on the girl.

Ife was sedated before it was possible for them to tend to her wounds. She was hysterical, screaming and throwing fits and her eyes fixed at a spot like she was in a tussle with an unseen present.

Ukwuoma had wished Ife could wake up and talk to her but she didn’t, not even when it was time for them to go.

The good Lady Doctor was generous enough to share her one-bedroom flat with her, seeing the modesty of the house made her want to run away, ‘I don’t deserve this place’ she had thought

She feared what would happen to the Good lady if the demons that has been following her pay them a visit, like they did to Mariam and had her throat slit.

“Let me stay here with Ife…I can sleep on the floor” Ukwuoma had objected

“It is not allowed ma, besides, my house is big enough for us…”

“What would happen to her? Who will be taking care of her here? What if she needs me?”

“Your daughter will get all the attention she need, the nurses will see to that and you will be coming every morning to see her”

She sat in the good lady’s car and shivered as the rush of fresh air hit her. By the time they got to the house, she was already sleeping.

Yusuf stepped out of the hotel, with his pair of tight faded chinos, a shirt and a backpack, one would mistake him for a student except for the little boy by his side.

The boy has a lollypop stuck in his mouth with spittle sliding down from the corner of his mouth and he was trying to walk as fast as the adult that held his hand.

“Excuse me sir, we need you to step over here”

Yusuf cursed softly, he would have worn his military Uniform, it would have saved him being checked

“What for?” he asked, feigning anger

“For security check”

He would have objected, or even created a scene ‘do you know who I am’ would have been the right thing to say, but he didn’t want to draw more attention and get his bag searched

“See Mr Man, I am already late, my sister is waiting for us…”

“We don’t need to act any drama sir, please follow me” the Security guard said and walked towards the gate. Yusuf had two options, to run or to follow the guard, he chosed the later, not knowing how far he would run before his cover would be blown.

“Step in” he was ordered as the door of a waiting tinted Toyota Prado opened for him

“What? Why?”

He wasn’t given the luxury of a response, the security guard pushed him inside the SUV and the child was made to seat at the front seat before the car drove off.

“Mr Yusuf…good to see you”

xoxocandy
He wondered how this man on a black tuxedo, well-trimmed beards and a brief case got to know his name.
Re: VICTIMS- Fiction by Taniaa(f): 4:05pm On Apr 01, 2019
Rosemary33:
EPISODE 28

“We have succeeded in shooting ourselves on the leg”

Mr Party chairman said solemnly. The little room was silence except for the periodic shuffling of Agbadas and the buzzing of the Air conditioner.

The meeting was not the party’s planned one, it was an emergency meeting for the Inner caucus. And the venue was chosen for the fear that gripped all of them after Usman’s gruesome murder made the news.

“Whoever did this is trying to send a message, he may come for us” Whimpered Honorable wali

The Honorable has always been fearful and pessimistic, sometimes Mrs Party chairman wondered why he was allowed to be part of this Elite party members

“I suspect the president is responsible for this” Alhaji Danjuma said

Mr Party chairman shook his head in the negative “No, Danladi could be desperate but he is not this brutal…”

“He must have paid someone to do the gruesome job for him…” insisted Danjuma

“I still insist he didn’t do this, I have worked with Danladi, brutal murder is not his thing, poisoning yes but not this type of…”

The room was silence again, the men looked at each other helplessly before Mr party chairman spoke again

“That Imam did this” he waited for someone to object but none did “I got a letter from him the morning I saw Usman’s dead body”

Me ya sa? Why?...” Senator Kazeem spoke for the first time

“He is beginning to demand more than we can offer, he played us to his advantage…I am afraid Honorable members, we can no longer control this man or his quest for power…” Mr party chairman heaved a sigh

“we cannot allow him ruin us, he has overstayed his usefulness, we can dispose of him and plan another strategy to get what we want…”

“I am afraid honorable Mohammad, he has become stronger than all of us, this man knows weapons like the back of his palm and commands thousands of faithful followers who would burn this country down in the name of his Allah…”

“We can use his own against him” Senator Kazeem cut in
“How?”

“I know Imam Husayn, at least I know his family so well, I heard he framed his in-law and got him locked up in Kuje for sometime now while his nephew, the son to the old Man he locked up works for him…we could offer the young man something he could not refuse in exchange of selling out his uncle…”

Mr party chairman weighed the suggestion for some time, he didn’t know what to make of it, as long as he wanted to jump into any suggestion that would relief them of the tension hanging on their necks, he would want to be careful not to complicate issues;

“these boys are always brainwashed into doing anything for their leader including sacrificing their families and loved ones…”

“The boy has lost his mother already, and I heard he lost his second wife too, no thanks to his uncle. Now his father is in prison… we could speak to him and get him see the other side of his uncle…then…”

“Where is this boy now?”

“I don’t know… but he would not be hard to find…”

“Make contact Kazeem, then get back to me as soon as possible…I think we should also pay the Old Mallam a visit in his new home at Kuje

It wasn’t so difficult to track the big men with the boy. Kazeem could pull strings even in the Enemy’s territory to get what he want, he was a retired military General so playing the fox to get what he want would not be so difficult

“As-Salam alaikum” Kazeem had greeted with all humility he could feign

“Wa-Alaikum Salaam” Husayn had responded, a little disappointed that it wasn’t the voice he had wanted to hear since morning

He had hurriedly excused himself from the secret meeting where plans were being made for another riot in respect of the announced ‘miss world beauty pageant’. He had tried to put up a strong font even though a huge storm was forming inside his head.
The riot would be carried out in four major cities; Kaduna, Jos and Abuja, “send words to brethren in these states, make it violent if you must; burn their houses, set their cars on fire, push into American Embassy in Abuja and bring it down…Allah will make way for you…Islam should not be disrespected like this, and you must not watch Allah blasphemed” he had told them with so much venom.
That was before he felt his phone vibrate, he ran off to his sacred room inside the office and held his phone firmly on his ears.

“Who is this?” he asked when he felt it was a voice he wasn’t used to

“It’s senator Kazeem…”

“Oh! Senator” Husayn adjusted his tone to sound amiable “How is my friend the Party chairman?”

“He sent his greetings, he would want to pay hcurtsey visit one of these days” both knew it was an ice breaker, to pave way for the real conversation

“I heard one of your boys visited an old man in prison here in Abuja, I mean the Man that was alleged to be responsible for the twin bombing”

Husayn didn’t know where the conversation was going to but he decided to play along “I don’t know about that, and the connection any of my boys have with an old man in prison” Husayn laughed nervously

“Well, it got me worried…this act may give us out and I heard the boy in question said somethings he was not supposed to say, and these confessions were recorded…” Kazeem only know about the visit because the arrest and detaining of the Islamic scholar got his attention and he had wanted to know who had wanted the old man locked up and why. And when the news of the prison break got to him, with only the Old man not able to leave, it became obvious that there was something more to that story, so he had bribed his way into Kuje Prison and had gotten himself allies.

“Well Senator…I don’t know what to say, I am not aware of such visit…”

“Imam, the way I see this, I will advise you give up the boy, you know how these things work, if he manages to spill, all of us goes down…and a well-respected cleric like you…”

Husayn has not gotten himself in a position where he lacked words before, but he suddenly felt he could use this to his advantage, after all has been looking for a way to kill Yusuf, what if he throws him in the hands of these politicians and watch them do the job for him?

“I know the boy you are talking about, but I tell you he is not one of us, he is a rebel who is on the run”

Kazeem tried hard to hide his excitement, he was about to get the news he was seeking

“…he left Jos Long ago, with the report I have of him, he should be in Abuja with a little boy who happens to be my son”

“Your Son? Why?”

“I will not tell you that senator, but Yusuf is a very dangerous man, do with his however you please but don’t let him or anyone harm my son…”

“Sure…sure, do you have any idea where we can locate this…Yusuf you mentioned?”

“No for now, he may be hiding in any hotel there in Abuja, he has lots of money with him and I guess he may be armed too”

“Thank you so much Imam, I promise you we will nab him and your name will not be mentioned at all”

That was two hours ago, before Kazeem alerted his party Chairman

“We have the information we are looking for, the boy is here in Abuja and it seems like he has fallen out with the Imam” Kazeem said

“You need to get to him before Husayn gets to him”

Mr Party Chairman dropped the phone, threw 40 milligram of Enalapril inside his mouth, he gulp down th drug with water, tapping his chest to make the drug go down, a habit he picked up as a child, he had hated taking tablets even when his mother would slide the tablet inside balls of food for him to swallow.

He would have taking 20mg of the Hypertension drug, but after what he saw two days ago and the threat that came from the cleric, his heart has been playing bass drum and was threatening to pull off his chest, his Blood Pressure has gone up as well.

He took more water, dropped the bottle on top of the small table in the small hotel room. It was not the kind of hotel he was known for, but he had wanted to be careful of giving a lead to whoever that killed Usman. He had not slept in his mansion since yesterday, and had located this hotel after several search for a safe place for himself.

He had come in wearing a pair of jean and a T-shirt with a face cap, he hoped some miserable blogger didn’t capture his picture or he would be trending on social media the next morning.

He adjusted the pillow that was worse than what he saw in a boarding house in his village community school where he went to commission a toilet three years ago. He turned and tossed on the bed that was as strong as a stone.

He would have switched on the television to keep himself busy but the Hotel has turned off their generator for the night. He thought of calling Mira, but dismissed the thought, Mira would definitely laugh him to scorn and would want to know why he was hiding here, he really needed to f**ck a wet p**sy in other to forget his fear and getting one or two of those cheap prostitutes downstairs would put him at risk. he resolved to watching some pornographic clips of women licking and humping women while he relief his urge.

They got to her apartment in the evening after Ukwuoma has been with Ife in the hospital, she had refused to stay outside while the nurses perform their duties on the girl.

Ife was sedated before it was possible for them to tend to her wounds. She was hysterical, screaming and throwing fits and her eyes fixed at a spot like she was in a tussle with an unseen present.

Ukwuoma had wished Ife could wake up and talk to her but she didn’t, not even when it was time for them to go.

The good Lady Doctor was generous enough to share her one-bedroom flat with her, seeing the modesty of the house made her want to run away, ‘I don’t deserve this place’ she had thought

She feared what would happen to the Good lady if the demons that has been following her pay them a visit, like they did to Mariam and had her throat slit.

“Let me stay here with Ife…I can sleep on the floor” Ukwuoma had objected

“It is not allowed ma, besides, my house is big enough for us…”

“What would happen to her? Who will be taking care of her here? What if she needs me?”

“Your daughter will get all the attention she need, the nurses will see to that and you will be coming every morning to see her”

She sat in the good lady’s car and shivered as the rush of fresh air hit her. By the time they got to the house, she was already sleeping.

Yusuf stepped out of the hotel, with his pair of tight faded chinos, a shirt and a backpack, one would mistake him for a student except for the little boy by his side.

The boy has a lollypop stuck in his mouth with spittle sliding down from the corner of his mouth and he was trying to walk as fast as the adult that held his hand.

“Excuse me sir, we need you to step over here”

Yusuf cursed softly, he would have worn his military Uniform, it would have saved him being checked

“What for?” he asked, feigning anger

“For security check”

He would have objected, or even created a scene ‘do you know who I am’ would have been the right thing to say, but he didn’t want to draw more attention and get his bag searched

“See Mr Man, I am already late, my sister is waiting for us…”

“We don’t need to act any drama sir, please follow me” the Security guard said and walked towards the gate. Yusuf had two options, to run or to follow the guard, he chosed the later, not knowing how far he would run before his cover would be blown.

“Step in” he was ordered as the door of a waiting tinted Toyota Prado opened for him

“What? Why?”

He wasn’t given the luxury of a response, the security guard pushed him inside the SUV and the child was made to seat at the front seat before the car drove off.

“Mr Yusuf…good to see you”

xoxocandy
He wondered how this man on a black tuxedo, well-trimmed beards and a brief case got to know his name.
following keenly

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Theory X--- A Crime Thriller / Ghost-full / Who Am I?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 178
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.