Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,944 members, 7,952,813 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 03:35 AM

Why Lagosians Switched Loyalty From Ambode To Sanwoolu. - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Lagosians Switched Loyalty From Ambode To Sanwoolu. (46504 Views)

Lagos Lawmakers Told Ambode To Resign Or Be Impeached / Tinubu, APC Mount Pressure On Ambode To Step Down, Endorse Sanwo-olu / How Much Did It Cost Ambode To Build These Flyover-bridges? (see PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Lagosians Switched Loyalty From Ambode To Sanwoolu. by deomelo: 2:49pm On Oct 03, 2018
madridsta007:

It’s hard to reach that conclusion, sir. We knowthat politicians are experts at using proxies to fulfil their wishes. Someone can argue, quite easily, that Tinubu who started it, continued it using proxies after pressure from Osi & Buhari who were uncomfortable with the outwardness. You see what I mean?

Either way it is hard to argue that Tinubu who started it and is quite influential in Lagos & the SW couldn’t court the approval of the stalwarts. The stalwarts, even in their numbers, are not more influential than Tinubu.

madridsta007:

This Buhari pig go and enjoy your Sallah mbok grin.

madridsta007:

It is sad bro.

Now we have to opt for what is worse: A LIFELESS president.
God will help Nigeria.

madridsta007:

It is against Buhari na. That is why no well-known BMC urchin and APC apologist are saying, “Go get your PVC.”

Their conscience— or what is left of it— realised that Buhari has been a catalysmic failure.

Again, people already terrorised by DSS and SARS are understandably frightened of saying, “we will vote out Buhari”, hence the euphemism, “Go get your PVC.”

madridsta007:

Tinubu sha.... Anything to help actualise his 2023 dream. Even at the alter of 11 million job losses and thousands of herdsmen inspired deaths.

madridsta007:

APC... The masters of propaganda.

Obviously, you are another anti Tinubu, PMB and anti Nigerian ipob so there's no point going back and forth with you and your warped understanding of Lagos state and Lagosians.

Tinubu is not responsible for your life or the backwardness in your village, worry more about the bad and incompetent leadership in your own village.

1 Like

Re: Why Lagosians Switched Loyalty From Ambode To Sanwoolu. by enigma2007(m): 2:52pm On Oct 03, 2018
deomelo:

This is how Fashola used to kill time in traffic instead of blasting his way trough traffic with sirens.

This one is not blasting through.. He was part of the cause... His security blocked Ibadan Expressway for several mins while we are all waiting for him to leave his office and pass.. I was super pissed that day..
Re: Why Lagosians Switched Loyalty From Ambode To Sanwoolu. by alowonle02(m): 2:53pm On Oct 03, 2018
This tells Sanwoolu that if he eventually emerged as Lagos governor, he should carry all the party members along. and to Ambode I wish u best of luck.

1 Like

Re: Why Lagosians Switched Loyalty From Ambode To Sanwoolu. by madridsta007(m): 2:54pm On Oct 03, 2018
deomelo:

Obviously, you are another anti Tinubu, PMB and anti Nigerian ipob so there's no point going back and forth with you and your warped understanding of Lagos state and Lagosians.

Tinubu is not responsible for your life or the backwardness in your village, worry more about the bad and incompetent leadership in your own village.

LOL.

If you read those thread where you lifted those comments you would have easily seen that my replies there ranged from sarcasm to retorts to the odd rebuttals.

Here I’m clearly trying to understand the mindset of persons who had rapidly moved from Ambode to another fellow in less than 3-4 weeks over “crimes” of Ambode that has been committed for 3+ years.

It’s clear that you are not able to logically rationalise your position and I think it’s best to leave it as that.
Re: Why Lagosians Switched Loyalty From Ambode To Sanwoolu. by deomelo: 2:54pm On Oct 03, 2018
[s]
ZKOSOSO:

Chill.
Did Googled SanwoOlu but couldn't get his religion.

As a North based Nigerian, we see every politicians with eye of Muslims and non Muslims. It's a definitive stance in election here.

[/s]

Stop babbling on and on about religion, it's ignorant and grossly backward.

We need competent and credible administrators, not religion or whatever nonsense you are ignorantly preoccupied with.

I don't even know why low mentality people like you have to keep insulting our space and intelligence with your ignorant and backward sentiments.

1 Like

Re: Why Lagosians Switched Loyalty From Ambode To Sanwoolu. by otherway: 2:59pm On Oct 03, 2018
madridsta007:

Indeed. These LAGOS APC stalwarts are faceless, are they?

No they are not but everyday people who were the grassroots of APC since 1999.

They are mostly uneducated in the real sense but they have sacrificed so much for the Party in various ways too numerous to elucidate upon.

1 Like

Re: Why Lagosians Switched Loyalty From Ambode To Sanwoolu. by Charly68: 2:59pm On Oct 03, 2018
Am very sorry for bashing Jagaban ignorantly . Never knew Ambode is a tyrant .He has paid dearly for his high handedness

1 Like

Re: Why Lagosians Switched Loyalty From Ambode To Sanwoolu. by ZKOSOSO(m): 2:59pm On Oct 03, 2018
deomelo:
[s][/s]

Stop babbling on and on about religion, it's ignorant and grossly backward.

We need competent and credible administrators, not religion or whatever nonsense you are ignorantly preoccupied with.

I don't even know why low mentality people like you have to keep insulting our space and intelligence with your ignorant and backward sentiments.

Calling your type as among the intelligent community is an insult to that community. We know u. Hardcore Afonja Headslammer with reckless anti secular stance on sensitive national issues.
Buhari has no respect, no regard to the Christian Community going by his appointment, operations, policies and utterances.

His end is very near.

Swerve jare....!
Re: Why Lagosians Switched Loyalty From Ambode To Sanwoolu. by otherway: 3:01pm On Oct 03, 2018
ZKOSOSO:

Chill.
Did Googled SanwoOlu but couldn't get his religion.

As a North based Nigerian, we see every politicians with eye of Muslims and non Muslims. It's a definitive stance in election here.

Check his biography. Nevertheless I think we are making too much noise about religion.
Re: Why Lagosians Switched Loyalty From Ambode To Sanwoolu. by KanwuliaExtra: 3:01pm On Oct 03, 2018
BigbamoAYO:
So is Tinubu dat do the voting? God is angry with Ambode

This is Nigeria.
Who was Fashola, Ambode or SANGO-OTA before Tinubu dragged them out of whatever CAVES they wey crawling out of? undecided
Re: Why Lagosians Switched Loyalty From Ambode To Sanwoolu. by madridsta007(m): 3:01pm On Oct 03, 2018
otherway:

No they are not but everyday people who were the grassroots of APC since 1999.

They are mostly uneducated in the real sense but they have sacrificed so much for the Party in various ways too numerous to elucidate upon.

I see.
Good response though. I guess this is what they mean by “party structure”.

I personally do not see Ambode as a saint here. The teeth which the lioness uses to play with its cubs is the same teeth it used to bite them.
Re: Why Lagosians Switched Loyalty From Ambode To Sanwoolu. by otherway: 3:06pm On Oct 03, 2018
alowonle02:
This tells Sanwoolu that if he eventually emerged as Lagos governor, he should carry all the party members along. and to Ambode I wish u best of luck.

Exactly. The truth about politics is that you must form an equilibrium. Between doing the bidding of the electorates and that of the strong forces that put you there.

It's a norm all over the world.

Even In the case of Trump many agreed that he did not win the popular vote but that of the electoral college placed him in the POTUS seat which is why he is secretly doing their bidding without minding the general masses of United States.
Re: Why Lagosians Switched Loyalty From Ambode To Sanwoolu. by deomelo: 3:07pm On Oct 03, 2018
madridsta007:

LOL.

If you read those thread where you lifted those comments you would have easily seen that my replies there ranged from sarcasm to retorts to the odd rebuttals.

Here I’m clearly trying to understand the mindset of persons who had rapidly moved from Ambode to another fellow in less than 3-4 weeks over “crimes” of Ambode that has been committed for 3+ years.

It’s clear that you are not able to logically rationalise your position and I think it’s best to leave it as that.

I don't see any sarcasm in your thoughtless anti PMB, anti Tinubu an anti Nigerian posts, unless you are saying everything about you and your posts on NL are all sarcasm.

Blow is an example of my posts against Ambode from a year ago sostop spewing ignorant nonsense.

Were you Igbos in love with Ambode in love with Ambode a year ago? Your ipob brothers in Lagos didn't even add your votes to put him in office in the first place.

Btw, the fact that you praise people today mean you should ignore their incompetence and lack of performance tomorrow?

You Igbos really do reason like like babies..

Re: Why Lagosians Switched Loyalty From Ambode To Sanwoolu. by KanwuliaExtra: 3:07pm On Oct 03, 2018
otherway:

Listen to her again and you will agree more that Ambode did not do well at all but she was only trying to be modest in her speech.

So, you are indirectly stating that she is a BLOODY, 2-FACED HYPOCRITE? grin

No surprise there. Glad we arrived at the same conclusions. wink
Re: Why Lagosians Switched Loyalty From Ambode To Sanwoolu. by Basseybruce: 3:09pm On Oct 03, 2018
ZKOSOSO:
Tinubu alone switch loyalty because of RELIGION..!

Buhari instructed Tinubu to ensure a MUSLIM is put in place as Lagos Governor.

Islamisation of SW politicians is in top gear...!
Odee ni e.....
Re: Why Lagosians Switched Loyalty From Ambode To Sanwoolu. by ipobarecriminals: 3:10pm On Oct 03, 2018
serves him right.
Re: Why Lagosians Switched Loyalty From Ambode To Sanwoolu. by ZKOSOSO(m): 3:11pm On Oct 03, 2018
Basseybruce:
Odee ni e.....

Iwon ko? Dindirin iya re...! Ole..!
Re: Why Lagosians Switched Loyalty From Ambode To Sanwoolu. by otherway: 3:14pm On Oct 03, 2018
madridsta007:

I see.
Good response though. I guess this is what they mean by “party structure”.

I personally do not see Ambode as a saint here. The teeth which the lioness uses to play with its cubs is the same teeth it used to bite them.

You all think Tinubu has one juju he is using but on the contrary, he has formed a working political structure for the state and merged it with the technocratic tendencies of the people he presents.

For instance,lawma is one establishment that feeds most of these people I mentioned and it has kept them going for years which is why they don't fight for electoral positions. What Ambode would have done was to improve on lawma but instead he woke up one morning and sacked tens of thousands staff under lawma that feeds those that have sacrificed years to make APC what it is today in Lagos, made himself unreachable to these people and throwing them into limbo with serious hunger, abeg who does that?

Tinubu is just a figure head and if Tinubu dares rubbish these stalwarts then he can as well say goodbye to A PC.

This is why I laughed at some ignorant comments here. I'm well educated and I have been in APC since the days of PDP but I dare not look into these stalwarts in the face and when they speak I listen even when their grammar can kill an elephant cos they make things happen.
Re: Why Lagosians Switched Loyalty From Ambode To Sanwoolu. by otherway: 3:17pm On Oct 03, 2018
KanwuliaExtra:

So, you are indirectly stating that she is a BLOODY, 2-FACED HYPOCRITE? grin

No surprise there. Glad we arrived at the same conclusions. wink

In private politicians say it as it is but in public there is what is called political c9rrectness and that is one virtue Trump and Buhari need to learn.
Re: Why Lagosians Switched Loyalty From Ambode To Sanwoolu. by deomelo: 3:19pm On Oct 03, 2018

1 Like

Re: Why Lagosians Switched Loyalty From Ambode To Sanwoolu. by otherway: 3:20pm On Oct 03, 2018
KanwuliaExtra:

This is Nigeria.
Who was Fashola, Ambode or SANGO-OTA before Tinubu dragged them out of whatever CAVES they wey crawling out of? undecided

And that is one thing people don't understand about Tinubu.

He cares for this country more than any one can ever imagine. Yes he feeds large from his political career but he will never and repeat,never present a bad choice.

Look at all the people he presents for Lagos for instance and see how they performed so far, even Osinbanjo who he presented is representing well. Ambode shot himself and it is our of Tinubu' s hands please.
Re: Why Lagosians Switched Loyalty From Ambode To Sanwoolu. by thunderbabs: 3:21pm On Oct 03, 2018
For the record, it is not Lagosians that voted in the APC governorship primary of the state. Party members did.

Stop misleading readers.
Re: Why Lagosians Switched Loyalty From Ambode To Sanwoolu. by KanwuliaExtra: 3:22pm On Oct 03, 2018
otherway:

In private politicians say it as it is but in public there is what is called political c9rrectness and that is one virtue Trump and Buhari need to learn.

Hahahahahaha
She should have just kept quiet instead of sounding like a two-faced coward. cheesy
It is for the records. On YouTube!

SANGO-OLUWA! Watch your back!
You kukuma be “mental patient”. . . . Your own abuse will be more humiliating if you over-smoke Tinubu’s weed! grin
Re: Why Lagosians Switched Loyalty From Ambode To Sanwoolu. by KanwuliaExtra: 3:24pm On Oct 03, 2018
otherway:

And that is one thing people don't understand about Tinubu.

He cares for this country more than any one can ever imagine. Yes he feeds large from his political career but he will never and repeat,never present a bad choice.

Look at all the people he presents for Lagos for instance and see how they performed so far, even Osinbanjo who he presented is representing well. Ambode shot himself and it is our of Tinubu' s hands please.

He should not be “presenting” people. That is not democracy but NEPOTISM! kiss
Re: Why Lagosians Switched Loyalty From Ambode To Sanwoolu. by deomelo: 3:25pm On Oct 03, 2018
thunderbabs:
For the record, it is not Lagosians that voted in the APC governorship primary of the state. Party members did.

Stop misleading readers.

Their obsession with Tinubu is too chronic and powerful, even more important than their daily bread so I don't see them reasoning beyond their I hate Tinubu syndrome. it's a generational malady.

2 Likes

Re: Why Lagosians Switched Loyalty From Ambode To Sanwoolu. by Nobody: 3:27pm On Oct 03, 2018
I am not against Sanwo-Olu but my annoyance is that Lagosians allow Tinubu to dictate to them who they should vote for. Why would full grown adults allow another person to direct you and your family what part to follow?

Tinubu must be stripped of excess power in Lagos. Or is Lagos State his personal property?
Re: Why Lagosians Switched Loyalty From Ambode To Sanwoolu. by deomelo: 3:29pm On Oct 03, 2018
[s]
KanwuliaExtra:

[/s]

Do you even know the meaning of nepotism?

These illiterates sef
Re: Why Lagosians Switched Loyalty From Ambode To Sanwoolu. by madridsta007(m): 3:29pm On Oct 03, 2018
otherway:

You all think Tinubu has one juju he is using but on the contrary, he has formed a working political structure for the state and merged it with the technocratic tendencies of the people he presents.

For instance,lawma is one establishment that feeds most of these people I mentioned and it has kept them going for years which is why they don't fight for electoral positions. What Ambode would have done was to improve on lawma but instead he woke up one morning and sacked tens of thousands staff under lawma that feeds those that have sacrificed years to make APC what it is today in Lagos, made himself unreachable to these people and throwing them into limbo with serious hunger, abeg who does that?

Tinubu is just a figure head and if Tinubu dares rubbish these stalwarts then he can as well say goodbye to A PC.

This is why I laughed at some ignorant comments here. I'm well educated and I have been in APC since the days of PDP but I dare not look into these stalwarts in the face and when they speak I listen even when their grammar can kill an elephant cos they make things happen.

Lol.
Not every one who writes on NL believe in the existence of “juju.”
Re: Why Lagosians Switched Loyalty From Ambode To Sanwoolu. by madridsta007(m): 3:30pm On Oct 03, 2018
deomelo:

I don't see any sarcasm in your thoughtless anti PMB, anti Tinubu an anti Nigerian posts, unless you are saying everything about you and your posts on NL are all sarcasm.

Blow is an example of my posts against Ambode from a year ago sostop spewing ignorant nonsense.

Were you Igbos in love with Ambode in love with Ambode a year ago? Your ipob brothers in Lagos didn't even add your votes to put him in office in the first place.

Btw, the fact that you praise people today mean you should ignore their incompetence and lack of performance tomorrow?

You Igbos really do reason like like babies..

As you have descended into the pit of insults and mudslinging, I think I need to leave you here. Forgive me for thinking you knew how to be civil.

Cheers.

2 Likes

Re: Why Lagosians Switched Loyalty From Ambode To Sanwoolu. by otherway: 3:31pm On Oct 03, 2018
KanwuliaExtra:

Till Jesus comes you can never remove that from politics.

Even GOD ALMIGHTY presented Jesus to the world and when Jesus comes back to rule the world for 1000 years as world president from Jerusalem, he will not only present but will single handedly install world leaders of his choice.

And btw; Nepotism is not about presenting people perse but it is about favouritism based on (family/relationship or regional ties) with those he presents just like Buhari is being accused of.
Re: Why Lagosians Switched Loyalty From Ambode To Sanwoolu. by thunderbabs: 3:33pm On Oct 03, 2018
deomelo:

Their obsession with Tinubu is too chronic and powerful, even more important than their daily bread so I don't see them reasoning beyond their I hate Tinubu syndrome. it's a generational malady.

Calm down... It is not a generational malady. Tinubu, as a godfather in Lagos is also explioting the state for his personal gain. Imposing a particular candidate on the party does not define the free, fair, democratic practice.

His is just condoled based on the fact that the candidates he anoints often perform well to an extent. But, the argument is the process of selecting a candidate to run is unfair and shouldnt be the way he does it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Canadian Judge Grants Man Asylum Reliefs After Claiming Tinubu Tried To Kill Him / We Are Not Useless – Nigerian Army Replies The Economist / Senate To Invite Emefiele Over Naira Devaluation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.