Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,704 members, 7,816,878 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:16 PM

Femi Adesina Blames Nigerians For Nigeria’s Poor Rating On Corruption - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Femi Adesina Blames Nigerians For Nigeria’s Poor Rating On Corruption (12316 Views)

Femi Adesina Blames Nigeria’s Security Challenges On ‘Evil Forces" / Corruption: Garba Shehu Blames Nigerians For Transparency’s Poor Ranking / #EndSARS: Femi Adesina Blames Churches, Mosques (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Femi Adesina Blames Nigerians For Nigeria’s Poor Rating On Corruption by Limitednow: 9:25pm On Oct 02, 2018
Presidency Exonerates Buhari; Blames Nigerians For Nigeria’s Poor Rating On Corruption

The federal government has blamed Nigerians for Nigeria’s poor ranking on corruption.

Nigeria has been ranking low in fight against anti-graft practises since the President Muhammadu Buhari administration took over the affairs of the country. Several corruption allegations raised against its officials and allies has often been swept under the carpet with little or no action to deal with the alleged culprits.

Transparency International (TI), a global civil society organisation leading the fight against corruption, in its latest report said the country index position on its table dropped from 136 in 2016 to 148 in 2017.

For an administration that prides itself of fighting corruption, the ranking was seen as a blow to their efforts to get rid of graft practises in the country.

Blaming Nigerians for the poor rating, a presidential spokesman, Femi Adesina, said the rating is about how corrupt Nigerians were as the government do not deserve a fair share of the blame.

Exonerating his principal, Mr Adesina chided TI for the ranking, saying the country does not need it to verify whatever effort the current administration is making in anti-graft war.

“My position is that that ranking is not strictly about government, it is about Nigeria and her people. Some people want to make it seem as if it is a vote of no confidence in government or a lower mark for government, I don’t agree,” Adesina said on Monday while featuring in a programme on Channels Television.

“I think it is a lower mark for the people, because the people constitute the country. And I think if things do not seem to have worked as they should work, the people also have part of the brunt; they have part of the blame to bear.

“As much as I respect Transparency International, I don’t think we necessarily need them to authenticate what is going on in the country because we Nigerians know that there is a war against corruption ongoing and that war is succeeding. There are strides being taken. We may not be there yet but we are on our way there.

“So, let no agency from any part of the world come to think that whatever it says is the gospel to us. It can help, it can inform what is happening but it s not something that will be a milestone round the neck of government.”

Source: https://www.ngpolitics.com/presidency-buhari-nigerians-poor-rating-corruption/

1 Share

Re: Femi Adesina Blames Nigerians For Nigeria’s Poor Rating On Corruption by Limitednow: 9:28pm On Oct 02, 2018
grin

Is this one a government?

100 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Femi Adesina Blames Nigerians For Nigeria’s Poor Rating On Corruption by FarahAideed: 9:28pm On Oct 02, 2018
Hmmmm
Re: Femi Adesina Blames Nigerians For Nigeria’s Poor Rating On Corruption by Limitednow: 9:28pm On Oct 02, 2018
lalasticlala
Re: Femi Adesina Blames Nigerians For Nigeria’s Poor Rating On Corruption by KanwuliaExtra: 9:31pm On Oct 02, 2018
LWKMQ!!!!! grin

Tinubu! See your LIFE? cheesy

Reno! Over to you. cheesy

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Femi Adesina Blames Nigerians For Nigeria’s Poor Rating On Corruption by Karlovich: 9:32pm On Oct 02, 2018
Lifeless cow, after all your campaign promises in 2015 you are talking rubbish. The Thunder that struck awolowo fall on you gworo chewing clown

64 Likes 1 Share

Re: Femi Adesina Blames Nigerians For Nigeria’s Poor Rating On Corruption by Flets: 9:33pm On Oct 02, 2018
Buhari has to be the most corrupt president ever cos he combined it with immense deception

Reference: Aisha Buhari’s ADC stole 2.5billion yet Buhari cannot afford APC form.

Buhari’s son car fleet can buy 20 APC presidential form.

70 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Femi Adesina Blames Nigerians For Nigeria’s Poor Rating On Corruption by georjay(m): 9:33pm On Oct 02, 2018
shocked

Oshey Blamer

#FEELING BLAMED WITH BUHARI AND 150MILLION OTHERS

13 Likes

Re: Femi Adesina Blames Nigerians For Nigeria’s Poor Rating On Corruption by buhariguy(m): 9:34pm On Oct 02, 2018
Transparency international were only considering the wailing pattern of the jobless aggressive lazy idiotic pigs of bia-fra terrorist who are fighting for corrupt politicians.
If you arrest corrupt politicians, the jobless aggressive lazy idiotic pigs of bia-fra terrorist will complain if it is only corrupt politicians buhari is fighting when they are many Saint that are also corrupt.
Wonderful set of terrorist.
Tufiakwa.

3 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Femi Adesina Blames Nigerians For Nigeria’s Poor Rating On Corruption by StillX10(m): 9:35pm On Oct 02, 2018
government of blames

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Femi Adesina Blames Nigerians For Nigeria’s Poor Rating On Corruption by Nobody: 9:37pm On Oct 02, 2018
So the Nigerian people became more corrupt in this administration?

It will not be well with people who will vote back this government and it's appointed clowns.

66 Likes 1 Share

Re: Femi Adesina Blames Nigerians For Nigeria’s Poor Rating On Corruption by sekundosekundo: 9:43pm On Oct 02, 2018
grin

Femi Adesina is a big fool.

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Femi Adesina Blames Nigerians For Nigeria’s Poor Rating On Corruption by pat1612(m): 10:02pm On Oct 02, 2018
The ranking is perfect i have done business in Jonathan govt and in present govt and nothing has change.
The SON official collect money in their account without fear for doing their job and if you dont pay they will frustrate you. Same happens with NAFADC and Customs.
There is no way that business can move in Nigeira without greasing some people palm undecided

13 Likes

Re: Femi Adesina Blames Nigerians For Nigeria’s Poor Rating On Corruption by ExAngel007(f): 10:03pm On Oct 02, 2018
WHAT NONSENSE!

1 Like

Re: Femi Adesina Blames Nigerians For Nigeria’s Poor Rating On Corruption by Mangreat034(m): 10:23pm On Oct 02, 2018
And we Nigerians are very sorry , we will take correction next year febuary grin

34 Likes

Re: Femi Adesina Blames Nigerians For Nigeria’s Poor Rating On Corruption by onyeogalu1(m): 10:27pm On Oct 02, 2018
pat1612:
The ranking is perfect i have done business in Jonathan govt and in present govt and nothing has change.
The SON official collect money in their account without fear for doing their job and if you dont pay they will frustrate you. Same happens with NAFADC and Customs.
There is no way that business can move in Nigeira without greasing some people palm undecided

This comment shows you live in Nigeria because some people talk as if they are refering to a different country.

5 Likes

Re: Femi Adesina Blames Nigerians For Nigeria’s Poor Rating On Corruption by onyeogalu1(m): 10:30pm On Oct 02, 2018
kennygee:
So the Nigerian people became more corrupt in this administration?

This is food for thought

10 Likes

Re: Femi Adesina Blames Nigerians For Nigeria’s Poor Rating On Corruption by SarcasticGenius(m): 10:34pm On Oct 02, 2018
It seems their recently stolen mandate in Osun State has made the dullard and his goons very bold as of late. Unfortunately it hasn't done anything to make them more intelligent, they're still as dumb and stupid as ever.

The average Nigerian is struggling to make ends meet and can barely feed himself after paying his rent and living expenses and yet we are to blame for a 50% increase in corruption?

Something has got to give in 2019 or the only option for this country if these animals remain in power is doom and disaster.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Femi Adesina Blames Nigerians For Nigeria’s Poor Rating On Corruption by OreMI22: 11:24pm On Oct 02, 2018
Yeye regime.
Soon they will blame the dead for food shortages in Nigeria grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Femi Adesina Blames Nigerians For Nigeria’s Poor Rating On Corruption by baliyubla: 9:44am On Oct 03, 2018
Where is that meme of buhari the bus driver, passing blaims after accident when I need it now.

1 Like

Re: Femi Adesina Blames Nigerians For Nigeria’s Poor Rating On Corruption by baliyubla: 9:44am On Oct 03, 2018
Irresponsible beings will soon blame God

1 Like

Re: Femi Adesina Blames Nigerians For Nigeria’s Poor Rating On Corruption by saaron(m): 9:51am On Oct 03, 2018
An incompetent man always blame his tools for his failures.

The lifeless one, Buhari will soon blame Nigerians for electing him.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Femi Adesina Blames Nigerians For Nigeria’s Poor Rating On Corruption by zombieTRACKER: 9:54am On Oct 03, 2018
Nigerians are all corrupt

Except Buhari and his zombie supporters

8 Likes

Re: Femi Adesina Blames Nigerians For Nigeria’s Poor Rating On Corruption by Racoon(m): 1:29pm On Oct 03, 2018
Blaming Nigerians for the poor rating, a presidential spokesman, Femi Adesina, said the rating is about how corrupt Nigerians were as the government do not deserve a fair share of the blame.

Exonerating his principal, Mr Adesina chided TI for the ranking, saying the country does not need it to verify whatever effort the current administration is making in anti-graft war.
Abeg who swear for Nigeria with this stupid and useless APC government? angry angry

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Femi Adesina Blames Nigerians For Nigeria’s Poor Rating On Corruption by Ekpekus(m): 1:30pm On Oct 03, 2018
This one just weak me...
Re: Femi Adesina Blames Nigerians For Nigeria’s Poor Rating On Corruption by Righteousness89(m): 1:31pm On Oct 03, 2018
Mr. FEMI knows the Truth and Knows that the Corruption fight has not been Successful..

He is only doing his Job..

1 Like

Re: Femi Adesina Blames Nigerians For Nigeria’s Poor Rating On Corruption by gaby(m): 1:31pm On Oct 03, 2018
I can't vouch for the wellness and sanity of this gentleman who's become known for deliberately bleating from every corner of his face in a bid to sound intelligent and delivering the goods of press releases for his paymasters.

He just might be right though even though the jury is still locked up on this his "Nigerians" statement seeing how much "Nigeria" as a country is so far detached from its citizens "The Nigerians".

If I say make I unzip my pants now come poo better poo for this man head now dem go say I don start again.

What sort of an unguarded statement is this?

What does the average Nigerian know about the number of OPLs and OMLs at the country's beck.

When has the ordinary Nigerians started the lifting and reciept of sales from these liftings.

The ordinary Nigerian is indeed saddled with the humongous and often times un-implemented and unretired budgets including the over-bloated salaries and allowances for zero jobs carried out.

No be una fault sha...
Enjoy my siggy

8 Likes

Re: Femi Adesina Blames Nigerians For Nigeria’s Poor Rating On Corruption by lastempero: 1:31pm On Oct 03, 2018
I hope u will not return to deeper life after this your lying competition.

2 Likes

Re: Femi Adesina Blames Nigerians For Nigeria’s Poor Rating On Corruption by awa(m): 1:31pm On Oct 03, 2018
Idiot

2 Likes

Re: Femi Adesina Blames Nigerians For Nigeria’s Poor Rating On Corruption by Jeezuzpick(m): 1:31pm On Oct 03, 2018
This madman's community youths should set his father's compound on fire already!

What a bastard!

2 Likes

Re: Femi Adesina Blames Nigerians For Nigeria’s Poor Rating On Corruption by Nobody: 1:32pm On Oct 03, 2018
We elected you to fix our problems,which we thought the previous govt did not address but what did we get back blame....blame...blame...blame.
You blame the citizens...you blame the previous govt...you blame the international community.

The earlier you start taking responsibility the better for all of us.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Presidemt Tinubu Departs Nigeria Today For G-20 Summit In India / Edwin Clark To Oborevwori: You’ve Started Well By Siting Projects In Warri / N4.5tr Budget Deficit May Trigger Fresh Recession - Zainab Ahmed, Minister Warns

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.