Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,925 members, 7,817,710 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:42 PM

Gov Ambode Primaries Election Press Statement - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gov Ambode Primaries Election Press Statement (4651 Views)

Tinubu Denies Demanding N50bn Monthly From Former Lagos Gov, Ambode / APC NEC Ratifies Edo Governorship Primaries Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gov Ambode Primaries Election Press Statement by Kayharry(m): 12:12am On Oct 03, 2018
2nd October, 2018
5.30pm

PRESS STATEMENT

Today, our great party, the All Progressive Congress (APC) had her primary elections in Lagos state, it was a keen contest between myself and my competitor, Mr Jide Sanwo-olu.

As usual in any political competition, especially one where all contestants are ably skilled and qualified, the contest was filled with intrigues and strategies of innumerable moves and counter moves. It was a contest of competitors, not a battle of enemies.

Members of our Party have spoken, they have said loud and clear that at this time, Sanwo-olu is the person they want to represent us all in the forth coming general elections in 2019.

This brings to an end the primary elections. We now have to fuse together as one, to forge ahead in unity of purpose to ensure that our state does not fall into the hands of the other parties whose stock in trade is corruption and/or incompetence.

I would follow in the tradition of our party, and footstep of my great predecessor, Babatunde Raji Fashola, who despite not having his way during the 2015 primaries, still went ahead to give me his 100% support. I would also be at the fore front in the support of my erudite brother, Babajide Sanwo-olu.

I am hereby directing that all Ambode support group structures be collapsed into the Sanwo-olu structure, which i believe would in time also be collapsed into the overall APC campaign structure.

I thank the people of Lagos State for giving me the opportunity to have led in the past 4 years. There have been lessons learnt and insights gained.

I thank the party leaders both at state and federal level, especially Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu and President Muhammadu buhari for their leadership roles in the party.

Because "Eko o baje" , that was why "itesiwaju Eko je wa logun", now let's all go out there as one inseparable broom and "Sanwo Eko".

Akinwunmi Ambode
Governor Lagos state
---------

3 Likes

Re: Gov Ambode Primaries Election Press Statement by KanwuliaExtra: 12:14am On Oct 03, 2018
Wow !

Let us see it on YOUTUBE. . . . cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Gov Ambode Primaries Election Press Statement by FarahAideed: 12:15am On Oct 03, 2018

3 Likes

Re: Gov Ambode Primaries Election Press Statement by KanwuliaExtra: 12:16am On Oct 03, 2018
No “SAUCE”? tongue
Re: Gov Ambode Primaries Election Press Statement by NothingDoMe: 12:52am On Oct 03, 2018
KanwuliaExtra:
No “SAUCE”? tongue
This your bress na wah. I wish the thing fit give bubu technical knockout.

2 Likes

Re: Gov Ambode Primaries Election Press Statement by Flattino(m): 12:55am On Oct 03, 2018
[s]
FarahAideed:
Fake...

https://www.nairaland.com/4766313/just-lagos-gubernatorial-primaries-rescheduled#71733845
[/s]
Trash .
Results have been declared already.
Go cry your eyes out .

3 Likes

Re: Gov Ambode Primaries Election Press Statement by wristbangle: 1:14am On Oct 03, 2018
He finally bowed to pressure.

He knows defecting to another party will lead to his impeachment and also not accepting today's result hence rerun of the primary election severally would still lead to his defeat.

3 Likes

Re: Gov Ambode Primaries Election Press Statement by Nobody: 1:15am On Oct 03, 2018
KanwuliaExtra:
Wow !

Let us see it on YOUTUBE. . . . cheesy
Re: Gov Ambode Primaries Election Press Statement by Jabioro: 1:58am On Oct 03, 2018
Better! He now spoke like a defeated warlord..
Re: Gov Ambode Primaries Election Press Statement by BigIyanga: 2:36am On Oct 03, 2018
wristbangle:

He knows defecting to another party will lead to his impeachment and also not accepting today's result hence rerun of the primary election severally would still lead to his defeat.

But anything our east coast brethren support hit bed rock sha cheesy
STFU!! What do Easterners have to do with the feud between Ambode and his godfather, Tinubu?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gov Ambode Primaries Election Press Statement by Konki: 4:45am On Oct 03, 2018
God Father politics lives on
Re: Gov Ambode Primaries Election Press Statement by adioolayi(m): 5:36am On Oct 03, 2018
If this statement is true....AMBODE just revive his political career!

1 Like

Re: Gov Ambode Primaries Election Press Statement by Minjim: 6:16am On Oct 03, 2018
I knew Ambode lacks the balls

Well, this has opened our eyes into a whole new dimension of reasoning.

Will Lagos collapse if we try Pdp in 2019?

Jimi Agbaje and Oledola are competent hands

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gov Ambode Primaries Election Press Statement by yemia965: 6:50am On Oct 03, 2018
Let's leave Lagos in the hands of the APC party. eko o ni baje Gov. Ambode, I salute you sir
Re: Gov Ambode Primaries Election Press Statement by flowlessdot: 6:56am On Oct 03, 2018
The type of juju Tinubu dy use is strong.

If I'm the next gov, I'll start my plans to make myself free from Tinubu immediately I enter office.
Re: Gov Ambode Primaries Election Press Statement by ALCOHOLKILLS(m): 6:57am On Oct 03, 2018
wristbangle:

support kegrin

we only feel pity for him, isn't he the fool we were threatened by your dirty oba

3 Likes

Re: Gov Ambode Primaries Election Press Statement by NoToPile: 6:59am On Oct 03, 2018
Lool

O jebi.

You for no support am
Re: Gov Ambode Primaries Election Press Statement by NoToPile: 7:00am On Oct 03, 2018
Lool

O jebi.
Re: Gov Ambode Primaries Election Press Statement by ClintonNzedimma(m): 7:08am On Oct 03, 2018
wristbangle:

I have been following this issue, I still don't know what Igbo people have to do with it. Leave Igbos alone.

2 Likes

Re: Gov Ambode Primaries Election Press Statement by chiefolododo(m): 7:39am On Oct 03, 2018
This result is totally unacceptable

1 Like

Re: Gov Ambode Primaries Election Press Statement by simplex2: 8:10am On Oct 03, 2018
Fake news.

1 Like

Re: Gov Ambode Primaries Election Press Statement by ModsareChevres: 8:12am On Oct 03, 2018
Mtcheeeew

1 Like

Re: Gov Ambode Primaries Election Press Statement by Wiseandtrue(f): 8:59am On Oct 03, 2018
A speech prepared by Tinubu!

2 Likes

Re: Gov Ambode Primaries Election Press Statement by wayne4loan: 9:22am On Oct 03, 2018
A
Re: Gov Ambode Primaries Election Press Statement by SHOPPERS(m): 9:38am On Oct 03, 2018
Better go and start begging PDP now.

1 Like

Re: Gov Ambode Primaries Election Press Statement by deluckiest(m): 11:15am On Oct 03, 2018
Story for the gods! Op what brand of weeds did you take?
Kayharry:
2nd October, 2018
5.30pm

PRESS STATEMENT

Today, our great party, the All Progressive Congress (APC) had her primary elections in Lagos state, it was a keen contest between myself and my competitor, Mr Jide Sanwo-olu.

As usual in any political competition, especially one where all contestants are ably skilled and qualified, the contest was filled with intrigues and strategies of innumerable moves and counter moves. It was a contest of competitors, not a battle of enemies.

Members of our Party have spoken, they have said loud and clear that at this time, Sanwo-olu is the person they want to represent us all in the forth coming general elections in 2019.

This brings to an end the primary elections. We now have to fuse together as one, to forge ahead in unity of purpose to ensure that our state does not fall into the hands of the other parties whose stock in trade is corruption and/or incompetence.

I would follow in the tradition of our party, and footstep of my great predecessor, Babatunde Raji Fashola, who despite not having his way during the 2015 primaries, still went ahead to give me his 100% support. I would also be at the fore front in the support of my erudite brother, Babajide Sanwo-olu.

I am hereby directing that all Ambode support group structures be collapsed into the Sanwo-olu structure, which i believe would in time also be collapsed into the overall APC campaign structure.

I thank the people of Lagos State for giving me the opportunity to have led in the past 4 years. There have been lessons learnt and insights gained.

I thank the party leaders both at state and federal level, especially Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu and President Muhammadu buhari for their leadership roles in the party.

Because "Eko o baje" , that was why "itesiwaju Eko je wa logun", now let's all go out there as one inseparable broom and "Sanwo Eko".

Akinwunmi Ambode
Governor Lagos state
---------

(1) (2) (Reply)

Saraki And Tambuwal Brought Defeat Upon Themselves Because Of Wike's Promise / Covid-19:If Kano Goes Down, The Whole Of Nigeria Goes With It - Ex-NHIS Boss / APC Has No Candidate In Edo Elections. Don't Waste Your Vote!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.