Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,726 members, 7,827,640 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:38 PM

Benefits Of Prayer - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Benefits Of Prayer (287 Views)

The Exciting Benefits Of Prayer – Pastor Chris Oyakhilome / Why Do Christians Underestimate The Power Of Prayer? / 21 Days Of Prayer And Fasting For The Winners' Family (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Benefits Of Prayer by PastorDavidAwuj(m): 5:40am On Oct 03, 2018
Benefits Of Prayer

Prayer has diverse benefits for the believer.

As the issues and circumstances of life vary, so also does prayer address the various needs of man.

Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;
Ephesians 6:18

This implies that there are different kinds of prayer, and they accomplish different things in a believer's life. Let us examine some of them.

It Provokes Help From Above

Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need. Hebrews 4:16

Without help from above, we are helpless on the earth.

The enemy is fierce. He knows his time is short, so he is out against the children of God with full force.

The wickedness on the earth is intense, but we have access to help from heaven to overcome them all through prayers.

That is why the Bible says:

Except the Lord build the house, they labour in vain that build it: except the Lord keep the city, the watchman waketh but in vain. Psalm 127:1

Every blessing and accomplishment in life comes as a result of the helps of God.

Paul said in Acts 26:22:
Having therefore obtained help of God, I continue unto this day, witnessing both to small and great, saying none other things than those which the prophets and Moses did say should come:

He was preaching the same message as other apostles in his time, but he got better results because he had the help of God.

The Psalmist, though a great man of war who never lost a battle, knew this secret.

In Psalm 60:11-12, he prayed:

Give us help from trouble: for vain is the help of man. Through God we shall do valiantly: for he it is that shall tread down our enemies.

The Bible also tells us the secret of king Uzziah's successful reign:

Then all the people of Judah took Uzziah, who was sixteen years old, and made him king in the room of his father Amaziah.

And he sought God in the days of Zechariah, who had understanding in the visions of God: and as long as he sought the Lord, God made him to prosper.

And God helped him against the Philistines, and against the Arabians that dwelt in Gurbaal, and the Mehunims.
2 Chronicles 26:1,5,7

Prayer is not just telling God your needs, because He already knows them (Matt. 6:32). It is getting Him to intervene in your situation on the basis of His Word.

God is your heavenly Father and He knows your needs, but you require His help to overcome the enemy.

Therefore, what you do in prayer is to take your accuser to the court room of heaven for judgement.

Once you are justified, the help of God is released to you.

When God becomes your Helper, you enjoy ceaseless breakthroughs and stand out among your peers.

God is committed to sending help from above when you call on Him.

He gives you this assurance:

Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee;

yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.

Behold, all they that were incensed against thee shall be ashamed and confounded:

they shall be as nothing; and they that strive with thee shall perish.

Thou shalt seek them, and shalt not find them, even them that contended with thee: they that war against thee shall be as nothing, and as a thing of nought.

For I the Lord thy God will hold thy right hand, saying unto thee, Fear not; I will help thee.
Isaiah 41:10-13

The Psalmist said:

When I cry unto thee, then shall mine enemies turn back: this I know; for God is for me. Psalm 56:9

Amen!

To Be Continued...

#Winning Prayers

However to enjoy these benefits you MUST first be born again (saved)...

A Sinner's Prayer for Salvation and Baptism in the Holy Spirit

Heavenly Father, I come to You in the Name of Jesus. Your Word says, "...whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved" (Acts 2:21).

I am calling on You. I pray and ask Jesus to come into my heart and be Lord over my life according to Romans 10:9-10.

"If thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved." I do that now.

I confess that Jesus is Lord, and I believe in my heart that God raised Him from the dead.

I am now reborn! I am a Christian—a child of Almighty God! I am saved!

You also said in Your Word, "If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: HOW MUCH MORE shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?" (Luke 11:13).

I'm also asking You to fill me with the Holy Spirit. Holy Spirit, rise up within me as I praise God. I fully expect to speak with other tongues as You give me the utterance (Acts 2:4).

(Begin to praise God for filling you with the Holy Spirit. Speak those words and syllables you receive—not in your own language, but the language given to you by the Holy Spirit. You have to use your own voice. God will not force you to speak.)

Now you are a Spirit-filled believer. Continue with the blessing God has given you and pray in tongues each day. You'll never be the same!

Please share❤

I C M...

We Are The Liberation Army, Reloaded!

Helpline, +2348126401351

Jesus is Lord!

2 Likes

Re: Benefits Of Prayer by IdeeEsperanza(m): 7:39am On Oct 03, 2018
Love this. I wanna pray more and more than ever.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

The Rise Of The Elite, 666 And The Collapsed Of The Churches / God’s Ideas And Good Ideas - Proverbs 3:5-6, Isaiah 55:8-9, 1 Samuel 17:32-33 / Bishop Oyedepo Reveals What Will Happen To Politicians Killing Innocent Nigerian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.