Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,732 members, 7,824,063 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:43 PM

MTN Considers Scrapping IPO Following Dispute With Nigerian Authorities - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / MTN Considers Scrapping IPO Following Dispute With Nigerian Authorities (16966 Views)

140-yr-old PZ Cussons Considers Leaving Africa Over Nigeria’s Sales Plunge / Wigwe: US Authorities Give Reason Helicopter Crashed / Africa’s Richest Man To Revive Dangote Cement London IPO (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MTN Considers Scrapping IPO Following Dispute With Nigerian Authorities by ClassicMG(m): 8:13am On Oct 03, 2018
lollmaolol:

ClassicMG go to work!
smile
Re: MTN Considers Scrapping IPO Following Dispute With Nigerian Authorities by bluefilm: 8:16am On Oct 03, 2018
I don't understand anything being said here.

Please can someone help me out?
Re: MTN Considers Scrapping IPO Following Dispute With Nigerian Authorities by Ikpongiton: 8:23am On Oct 03, 2018
abeg go back to your country or you better go to hell.afterall who you epp
Re: MTN Considers Scrapping IPO Following Dispute With Nigerian Authorities by rman: 8:28am On Oct 03, 2018
BlaqCoffee109:
Is that why their 4G is as slow as 2G? In any case the Nigerian Authorities are right on this. As for the Rewane guy, shame on him, his statement reeks of someone who has just been bought over...does he understand the effect of the MTN tax evasion on the Nigerian economy and the unhealthy precedence it sets for other so called investors? What investors need are tax break not tax evasion...MTN can not try this same rubbish in the US or UAE for that matter.Worse still is MTN doing business in Nigeria all these years and not being listed on the Nigerian Stock Exchange...that has been undermining the Nation and trust me, the Nigerian Authorities have been lenient with the penalty. Solid economies defines Nations Politically on the global stage, we are not yet on the part to industrialization self.

MTN did not evade tax. It is the government that came back years later to claim they made in mistake in calculations. MTN provided 82 boxes of evidence to the government for review, they did not even bother to look at it.

Are you aware it was not the FIRS that cried foul but the office of the attroney general. Now the CBN is saying the banks and MTN may not really have nay case to answer. They are now doing what they should have done first, listen to the banks and MTN. Instead they rushed to the press, because under Buhari, this kind of news seems to be an achievement.

The overall negative impact it could have on the stock exchange was not properly thought through.

Even the fine due to unregistered SIMS was outrageous in my opinion. Are digitalcrimes not still being committed now that SIMS are registered?

2 Likes

Re: MTN Considers Scrapping IPO Following Dispute With Nigerian Authorities by lapoinstitute: 8:38am On Oct 03, 2018
?
Re: MTN Considers Scrapping IPO Following Dispute With Nigerian Authorities by Ikpongiton: 8:44am On Oct 03, 2018
lollmaolol:
If our government continue to strangle companies especially multinationals like MTN, they are directly:

1. Sending wrong signal to investors to stay away from Nigeria and;

2. Chasing away the blue chip companies and encouraging outsourcing of staff.
so,the blue chips companies should strangle our country and it's economy.this is mumuism and slave mentality

1 Like

Re: MTN Considers Scrapping IPO Following Dispute With Nigerian Authorities by lollmaolol(m): 8:47am On Oct 03, 2018
Ikpongiton:
so,the blue chips companies should strangle our country and it's economy.this is mumuism and slave mentality

Ok
Re: MTN Considers Scrapping IPO Following Dispute With Nigerian Authorities by lollmaolol(m): 8:48am On Oct 03, 2018
BlaqCoffee109:
Oga, what investors need are tax break not tax evasion... what's the point of having this same blue Chip companies trading in our country again?

I agree with the tax break point.
Re: MTN Considers Scrapping IPO Following Dispute With Nigerian Authorities by Nobody: 9:12am On Oct 03, 2018
Bryan12:
What is IPO?

I know I didn't read the thread lipsrsealed

International Police Operations

1 Like

Re: MTN Considers Scrapping IPO Following Dispute With Nigerian Authorities by Ikpongiton: 9:26am On Oct 03, 2018
ClassicMG:
should the government now overlook their wrong doing all in the name of keeping investors?
that guy above you is not a nigerian,he is a slave from mali
Re: MTN Considers Scrapping IPO Following Dispute With Nigerian Authorities by chloride6: 10:15am On Oct 03, 2018
Omo MTN go tie...

Another fine loading

1 Like

Re: MTN Considers Scrapping IPO Following Dispute With Nigerian Authorities by Nobody: 11:04am On Oct 03, 2018
rman:

MTN did not evade tax. It is the government that came back years later to claim they made in mistake in calculations. MTN provided 82 boxes of evidence to the government for review, they did not even bother to look at it.

Are you aware it was not the FIRS that cried foul but the office of the attroney general. Now the CBN is saying the banks and MTN may not really have nay case to answer. They are now doing what they should have done first, listen to the banks and MTN. Instead they rushed to the press, because under Buhari, this kind of news seems to be an achievement.

The overall negative impact it could have on the stock exchange was not properly thought through.

Even the fine due to unregistered SIMS was outrageous in my opinion. Are digitalcrimes not still being committed now that SIMS are registered?
hmmm
Re: MTN Considers Scrapping IPO Following Dispute With Nigerian Authorities by Nobody: 11:05am On Oct 03, 2018
lollmaolol:

I agree with the tax break point.
sure...

1 Like

Re: MTN Considers Scrapping IPO Following Dispute With Nigerian Authorities by Donald95(m): 1:05pm On Oct 03, 2018
lollmaolol:
If our government continue to strangle companies especially multinationals like MTN, they are directly:

Thank You.

This is how reasonable people think not like those idiots that commented b4 you

2 Likes

Re: MTN Considers Scrapping IPO Following Dispute With Nigerian Authorities by 3Ceagle(m): 1:06pm On Oct 03, 2018
rman:

I also had my reservacations when the initial news broke out. Knowing the way we do things here I know somebody somewhere has not done his or her work well. Will CBN come out to withdraw the initial statement and put issues on the right perspective, I doubt. Let us keep our fingers crossed and wait for the final findings.
Re: MTN Considers Scrapping IPO Following Dispute With Nigerian Authorities by samuelchimmy(m): 1:57pm On Oct 03, 2018
lollmaolol:

sorry bros but hentihen are a chronic pretender criminals
Re: MTN Considers Scrapping IPO Following Dispute With Nigerian Authorities by lollmaolol(m): 9:17pm On Oct 03, 2018
Donald95:

Thank You.

This is how reasonable people think not like those idiots that commented b4 you

Thank you Donald95 for reasoning with me.
Re: MTN Considers Scrapping IPO Following Dispute With Nigerian Authorities by lollmaolol(m): 9:17pm On Oct 03, 2018
samuelchimmy:
sorry bros but hentihen are a chronic pretender criminals

Lol @ hentihen
Re: MTN Considers Scrapping IPO Following Dispute With Nigerian Authorities by Ikpongiton: 11:02pm On Oct 03, 2018
if i become the president of nigeria tomorrow, my first major assignment will be,to send mtn,julius berger and shell packing.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Top Online Businesses That Made Their Owners Millionaires / Naira Redesign Mops Up N1.8trn From Currency Outside Banks / SEAHORSE Lubricants Certified And Safe For Use In Nigeria - SON

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.