Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,900 members, 7,834,989 topics. Date: Monday, 20 May 2024 at 11:57 PM

Mechanic Pictured Training His 2-Year-Old Son In Akwa Ibom State - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Mechanic Pictured Training His 2-Year-Old Son In Akwa Ibom State (37779 Views)

Meet Emem Thomas, The Founder Of A Female Bouncers Group In Akwa-ibom / Police Officer Demoted For Assaulting Medical Doctor In Akwa Ibom / Lady Who Works In A Palm Oil Mill In Akwa Ibom Flaunts It Online (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mechanic Pictured Training His 2-Year-Old Son In Akwa Ibom State by chocboi78(m): 3:53pm On Oct 03, 2018
dominique:

I have a friend's that's a mechanic in CAT. Before she gained admission to study mechanical engineering, she never touched the engine of any car, tricycle or bicycle. Today she assembles and repairs caterpillars in the U.S. Putting a two year old to that kind work will not give him a upper hand when he's in a more complex field
it definitely will. I also hav a friend whose father is an electrician.. Tho I was amongst d bright students in my class.. During our NECO electrical installation practicals, we were all scampering to b in his group because we know he was way ahead of us in the practical aspect

2 Likes

Re: Mechanic Pictured Training His 2-Year-Old Son In Akwa Ibom State by Nobody: 3:54pm On Oct 03, 2018
dominique:
"I want him to repair aeroplanes in future so he can rescue me from poverty". Very stupid statement to make. So it's by fiddling with a keke napep that he will learn out to repair aeroplanes right? You need to get him to love maths and physics not get his hands dirty under a keke. Besides it's your duty not your child's to take yourself out of poverty. African parents, mounting unnecessary pressure on their children since 1722
I tell you
Re: Mechanic Pictured Training His 2-Year-Old Son In Akwa Ibom State by Rayd502(m): 3:54pm On Oct 03, 2018
It's an unsafe act for the little boy...The father is subjecting the boy to unhealthy risk.What if the keke falls? No safety protection for both of them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mechanic Pictured Training His 2-Year-Old Son In Akwa Ibom State by Ategberoson(m): 3:55pm On Oct 03, 2018
ChiefAzubuikeh:
At least better than one ancient tribe like that (can't remember the name) that train their children to be skull miners and skeleton uprooters.

you made Igbo look like rehabilitated people with all your nuisance talk here

guess the drugs they're pushing in your region is affecting your sense of reasoning

1 Like

Re: Mechanic Pictured Training His 2-Year-Old Son In Akwa Ibom State by GavelSlam: 3:55pm On Oct 03, 2018
My only concern is health and safety.

Other than that, nothing wrong with exposing the child to your expertise .

Give him sound formal education and watch him surpass his Ajebutter contemporaries.

1 Like

Re: Mechanic Pictured Training His 2-Year-Old Son In Akwa Ibom State by Sagay212: 3:55pm On Oct 03, 2018
Small pickin cannot play in peace again.

1 Like

Re: Mechanic Pictured Training His 2-Year-Old Son In Akwa Ibom State by FX(m): 3:56pm On Oct 03, 2018
dominique:

Personally, I don't have any issue with the boy learning the skill when he's much older. But the reason the father is putting him to work at that tender age is what I have issues with. That's terrible parenting
The time is now. No other better time.

1 Like

Re: Mechanic Pictured Training His 2-Year-Old Son In Akwa Ibom State by Nobody: 3:59pm On Oct 03, 2018
dominique:
"I want him to repair aeroplanes in future so he can rescue me from poverty". Very stupid statement to make. So it's by fiddling with a keke napep that he will learn out to repair aeroplanes right? You need to get him to love maths and physics not get his hands dirty under a keke. Besides it's your duty not your child's to take yourself out of poverty. African parents, mounting unnecessary pressure on their children since 1722
Lol! I don't blame you. Women get everything easily in life. Las las you will end up in a man's house, being fed 3 times daily without knowing how he suffered to make money.

How many of your so called maths and physics experts can repair a wheel barrow in Nigeria? How many of them are even employed to at least practice what they read?

Your own is to type nonsense

1 Like

Re: Mechanic Pictured Training His 2-Year-Old Son In Akwa Ibom State by engrjacuzzi: 4:00pm On Oct 03, 2018
the next Innoson of his generation. catch them young should be our focus in this country and trust me, if it were advanced country that spotted this, he will be groomed for great invention. some graduates don't know what is called a spanner lest alone identify the right tools.
Re: Mechanic Pictured Training His 2-Year-Old Son In Akwa Ibom State by Stallion93(m): 4:03pm On Oct 03, 2018
I want him to repair aeroplane in the future so that he will rescue me from poverty @Bolded is the mentality of 95% of Nigerian parents which makes up the poor anyway. Very sad indeed, why didn't he repair aeroplane himself to secure a better life for his child? Now see what he has subjected the innocent boy to, Our parents collectively caused the mess in Nigeria today with deliberate plans to wait for us to come and clean their mess, that's how u will see a poor man give birth to 10children and say 1 must be rich amongst them cry no words baby, just no words

1 Like

Re: Mechanic Pictured Training His 2-Year-Old Son In Akwa Ibom State by dazzlingd(m): 4:05pm On Oct 03, 2018
This guy should be arrested and jailed for Child Abuse, negligence and exposure of infant to hazard.

And nobody is asking the idiot if that's what the child's passion might lie. Maybe he wants to go into acting or sports.
Nonsense blacks with ape brains. Can you imagine, I want my shon to repair aeroplane voom voom so he can save me from poverty... Illiteracy and poverty is a bastard....
Re: Mechanic Pictured Training His 2-Year-Old Son In Akwa Ibom State by Buffalowings3(m): 4:05pm On Oct 03, 2018
dominique:

I'm the most tribalistic person on nairaland
But I must tell you, you just spewed nonsense on this thread cool

1 Like

Re: Mechanic Pictured Training His 2-Year-Old Son In Akwa Ibom State by ChiefSweetus: 4:06pm On Oct 03, 2018
dominique:
Talk is cheap. Thank God for privilege. smiley
Re: Mechanic Pictured Training His 2-Year-Old Son In Akwa Ibom State by OmoOshodi(m): 4:06pm On Oct 03, 2018
Child abuse

Re: Mechanic Pictured Training His 2-Year-Old Son In Akwa Ibom State by Jackyjay90: 4:11pm On Oct 03, 2018
Train up a child in the way he should go,and when he grow up he will not depart from it. Thus, says the scripture.
Whatever the little boy will become in the future,it will be attributed to the father's contribution of inculcating in him(the child) the spirit of being passionate in his field.
Re: Mechanic Pictured Training His 2-Year-Old Son In Akwa Ibom State by philsbaba: 4:14pm On Oct 03, 2018
grin you are mad cheesy
ChiefAzubuikeh:
At least better than one ancient tribe like that (can't remember the name) that train their children to be skull miners and skeleton uprooters.
Re: Mechanic Pictured Training His 2-Year-Old Son In Akwa Ibom State by toprealman: 4:16pm On Oct 03, 2018
I like it when parents bond with their kids like this.
Re: Mechanic Pictured Training His 2-Year-Old Son In Akwa Ibom State by jamace(m): 4:18pm On Oct 03, 2018
Thank God he is teaching the kid that there is dignity in labour, instead of those stealing/looting public funds for their children.
Re: Mechanic Pictured Training His 2-Year-Old Son In Akwa Ibom State by bigiyaro(m): 4:22pm On Oct 03, 2018
dominique:

Personally, I don't have any issue with the boy learning the skill when he's much older. But the reason the father is putting him to work at that tender age is what I have issues with. That's terrible parenting
the boy is not really doing any 'work' am sure, by the time he is 14, he can practically assemble a keke with his eyes closed and with such skills in a country were keke is a major means of transportation, he can sponsor himself in any line of intrest he choses.

1 Like

Re: Mechanic Pictured Training His 2-Year-Old Son In Akwa Ibom State by Nobody: 4:22pm On Oct 03, 2018
ChiefAzubuikeh:
In other words, the drug dealers
The otokotos
Re: Mechanic Pictured Training His 2-Year-Old Son In Akwa Ibom State by Urhobokwaleboy(m): 4:26pm On Oct 03, 2018
A nigga once said:ok see nw.shabi if dah keke nw mistakenly fall and press the shild.the man wee na start shating "EWO MAH VILLAGE PLP AF LOCATE ME O"..,Pls mah plp iz nt efri-tin you do for the isternet
Re: Mechanic Pictured Training His 2-Year-Old Son In Akwa Ibom State by kongobros: 4:28pm On Oct 03, 2018
Please, leave the man alone. He is training the child the right way. The development of the child starts immediately the child is born. I bet you that this child can develop on these in the areas of mathematics, physics , chemistry etc. Give him ten yrs and you will be surprised to discover that this child will be a guru in maths etc.
Re: Mechanic Pictured Training His 2-Year-Old Son In Akwa Ibom State by deavicky(m): 4:28pm On Oct 03, 2018
U people should leave them alone. Can't u see the boy is too neat for what he's aclaimed to be.
Re: Mechanic Pictured Training His 2-Year-Old Son In Akwa Ibom State by pejuakinab: 4:28pm On Oct 03, 2018
I salute your way of reasoning sir, you are the only person that really got the crux of the matter in all previous post. Others are just arguing in rubbish.
A boy of age 2 knows spanners by numbers. That boy will go places.

tunary:
I love the little boy, at his age he already knows all the working tools in the workshop that's wonderful

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mechanic Pictured Training His 2-Year-Old Son In Akwa Ibom State by harry2sexy(m): 4:30pm On Oct 03, 2018
chloride6:
Stupid f.vuk!

See the unsafe work conditions this guy is exposing his kid to.

Just typical of Nigerians. It's so irritating to see a lot for young capable Nigerians living "for" their kids.

Hahahaha.you're not funny.Unsafe?have you ever loosened a gen set b4?
Re: Mechanic Pictured Training His 2-Year-Old Son In Akwa Ibom State by Fierce11: 4:32pm On Oct 03, 2018
dominique:

I get your point. Believe me.. But is age really a major factor in learning? I know (or hope) that you've seen the video of that little boy who is about 2-4years old.. But the skill that he applies while using the piano is masterclass!.. Did he suddenly learn it at 4? Hell no!.. It's all about catching them young sis.. It's all about that.. It's natural
Re: Mechanic Pictured Training His 2-Year-Old Son In Akwa Ibom State by boyfwend(m): 4:32pm On Oct 03, 2018
This is the best news I've ever seen on nairaland, ever since I joined this platform since 1999.

1 Like

Re: Mechanic Pictured Training His 2-Year-Old Son In Akwa Ibom State by unmask: 4:33pm On Oct 03, 2018
dominique:

So by getting his hands dirty under a keke, he's on the right path to being an aeronautic engineer? How do they can even relate? If he's banking on his son to get him out of poverty, he should not expose him to this line of work he's doing.
The aeroplane uses an engine so also the keke..... different operating procedures but basically the same principle.....if he understands the little engine, getting to know the bigger engine becomes easy

That is why you learn basics in primary and secondary, then do the advance stuffs in university.

What should be worrying is having that child sit under that suspended keke.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Does New Minimum Wage Affect All Salary Earners? / One Legged Man Carrying Cement Bag (Photos) / MTN Laying Off Over 4000 Workers, Happening Right Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.