Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,824 members, 7,820,892 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:52 AM

Mechanic Pictured Training His 2-Year-Old Son In Akwa Ibom State - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Mechanic Pictured Training His 2-Year-Old Son In Akwa Ibom State (37760 Views)

Meet Emem Thomas, The Founder Of A Female Bouncers Group In Akwa-ibom / Police Officer Demoted For Assaulting Medical Doctor In Akwa Ibom / Lady Who Works In A Palm Oil Mill In Akwa Ibom Flaunts It Online (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mechanic Pictured Training His 2-Year-Old Son In Akwa Ibom State by Gistformant: 11:24am On Oct 03, 2018
Man expresses concern after seeing a mechanic training his 2-yr-old son in Akwa Ibom State.

News via Gistmore :: http://gistmore.com/mechanic-spotted-training-2-year-old-son-akwa-ibom-state-photo

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Mechanic Pictured Training His 2-Year-Old Son In Akwa Ibom State by ChiefAzubuikeh(f): 11:24am On Oct 03, 2018
At least better than one ancient tribe like that (can't remember the name) that train their children to be skull miners and skeleton uprooters.

142 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Mechanic Pictured Training His 2-Year-Old Son In Akwa Ibom State by Gistformant: 11:28am On Oct 03, 2018

3 Likes

Re: Mechanic Pictured Training His 2-Year-Old Son In Akwa Ibom State by dominique(f): 11:41am On Oct 03, 2018
"I want him to repair aeroplanes in future so he can rescue me from poverty". Very stupid statement to make. So it's by fiddling with a keke napep that he will learn out to repair aeroplanes right? You need to get him to love maths and physics not get his hands dirty under a keke. Besides it's your duty not your child's to take yourself out of poverty. African parents, mounting unnecessary pressure on their children since 1722

91 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Mechanic Pictured Training His 2-Year-Old Son In Akwa Ibom State by Fierce11: 11:57am On Oct 03, 2018
It is never too early to learn.. At two years old, a child is already inclined to slope on the path of curiosity.. He wants to hold spanners.. He wants to taste flour when his mom's baking.. He wants to dip his palm inside a rotating standing fan.. He wants to know why some igbo men prefer 'life' to 7up.. the list goes on and on.. Learning how to fix things and understand the significance And purpose of such tools at such an early age is a privilege that everyone is NOT blessed with.. For fvcks sake, i see nothing wrong with this.. Besides, is their any difference for a child to hold 'dangerous' toys made with boris and peak milk containers to another who holds pliers? Abegi.. People should mind their business at times.. Its not as if the boy is always hooked up in repairs sef.. He goes to school for the almighty formal education and comes back for the real education.. The father should be applauded instead of the criticism 'some people' offer him.. {pun intended...}

174 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Mechanic Pictured Training His 2-Year-Old Son In Akwa Ibom State by Fierce11: 12:05pm On Oct 03, 2018
dominique:
"I want him to repair aeroplanes in future so he can rescue me from poverty". Very stupid statement to make. So it's by fiddling with a keke napep that he will learn out to repair aeroplanes right? You need to get him to love maths and physics not get his hands dirty under a keke. Besides it's your duty not your child's to take yourself out of poverty. African parents, mounting unnecessary pressure on their children since 1722
Madam.. What shall it profit the child to love physics and mathematics.. But yet, he cannot apply it in simple physical terms? A 7yr old child with the basic understanding of horsepower calculations and application in rewinding waterpumps, is way better than one i.diot that just finished elect/elect engr. ND1 who still has to go for 6months IT just to understand that same application.. And yes.. It is our duty to rescue our people from poverty and hardship, if that's what we are currently experiencing.

191 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Mechanic Pictured Training His 2-Year-Old Son In Akwa Ibom State by OgogoroFreak(m): 12:20pm On Oct 03, 2018
dominique:
this is silly of you. The same way most of us were made to love math and physics but couldn't even secure a job or touch wire after graduation.

The old ways isn't working here in Nigeria so we have to make a change.

135 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Mechanic Pictured Training His 2-Year-Old Son In Akwa Ibom State by dominique(f): 2:37pm On Oct 03, 2018
Fierce11:
It is never too early to learn.. At two years old, a child is already inclined to slope on the path of curiosity.. He wants to hold spanners.. He wants to taste flour when his mom's baking.. He wants to dip his palm inside a rotating standing fan.. He wants to know why some igbo men prefer 'life' to 7up.. the list goes on and on.. Learning how to fix things and understand the significance And purpose of such tools at such an early age is a privilege that everyone is NOT blessed with.. For fvcks sake, i see nothing wrong with this.. Besides, is their any difference for a child to hold 'dangerous' toys made with boris and peak milk containers to another who holds pliers? Abegi.. People should mind their business at times.. Its not as if the boy is always hooked up in repairs sef.. He goes to school for the almighty formal education and comes back for the real education.. The father should be applauded instead of the criticism 'some people' offer him.. {pun intended...}

OgogoroFreak:
this is silly of you. The same way most of us were made to love math and physics but couldn't even secure a job or touch wire. The old ways isn't working here in Nigeria so we have to make a change.

So by getting his hands dirty under a keke, he's on the right path to being an aeronautic engineer? How do they can even relate? If he's banking on his son to get him out of poverty, he should not expose him to this line of work he's doing.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mechanic Pictured Training His 2-Year-Old Son In Akwa Ibom State by Fierce11: 2:53pm On Oct 03, 2018
dominique:

So by getting his hands dirty under a keke, he's on the right path to being an aeronautic engineer? How do they can even relate? If he's banking on his son to get him out of poverty, he should not expose him to this line of work he's doing.
Mind you, i did not mention anything concerning any aeronautic engineering.. We all know that the father is probably just flattered by how 'big' the name sounds.. But if that's the basis on which he is effortlessly dedicating his time and patience to tutor such a little child, then why condemn him? Does the father even know how much the tuiton of such course would cost him, provided that scholarships are nowhere to be found? I learnt how to cook at a very or probably 'extremely' tender age, did not make me to become a chef.. You type as if informal knowledge is a waste.. But you would also condemn jobless youths who didn't bother to learn any handwork if the government eventually fails them

75 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Mechanic Pictured Training His 2-Year-Old Son In Akwa Ibom State by dominique(f): 3:27pm On Oct 03, 2018
Fierce11:

Mind you, i did not mention anything concerning any aeronautic engineering.. We all know that the father is probably just flattered by how 'big' the name sounds.. But if that's the basis on which he is effortlessly dedicating his time and patience to tutor such a little child, then why condemn him? Does the father even know how much the tuiton of such course would cost him, provided that scholarships are nowhere to be found? I learnt how to cook at a very or probably 'extremely' tender age, did not make me to become a chef.. You type as if informal knowledge is a waste.. But you would also condemn jobless youths who didn't bother to learn any handwork if the government eventually fails them

Personally, I don't have any issue with the boy learning the skill when he's much older. But the reason the father is putting him to work at that tender age is what I have issues with. That's terrible parenting

4 Likes

Re: Mechanic Pictured Training His 2-Year-Old Son In Akwa Ibom State by Pabloosas(m): 3:31pm On Oct 03, 2018
Good one
Re: Mechanic Pictured Training His 2-Year-Old Son In Akwa Ibom State by Sultty(m): 3:32pm On Oct 03, 2018
ChiefAzubuikeh:
At least better than one ancient tribe like that (can't remember the name) that train their children to be skull miners and skeleton uprooters.
Atleast they no dey mine hard drugs like one wailing tribe from d potopoto region

36 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Mechanic Pictured Training His 2-Year-Old Son In Akwa Ibom State by GentleMoney: 3:33pm On Oct 03, 2018

1 Like

Re: Mechanic Pictured Training His 2-Year-Old Son In Akwa Ibom State by chloride6: 3:33pm On Oct 03, 2018
Stupid f.vuk!

See the unsafe work conditions this guy is exposing his kid to.

Just typical of Nigerians. It's so irritating to see a lot for young capable Nigerians living "for" their kids.

8 Likes

Re: Mechanic Pictured Training His 2-Year-Old Son In Akwa Ibom State by Dandsome: 3:33pm On Oct 03, 2018
Okay
Re: Mechanic Pictured Training His 2-Year-Old Son In Akwa Ibom State by ipobarecriminals: 3:34pm On Oct 03, 2018
undecided nonsense.
Re: Mechanic Pictured Training His 2-Year-Old Son In Akwa Ibom State by Maestro07(m): 3:34pm On Oct 03, 2018
He is teaching his child what he can learn alot from and make use of in the nearest future and forever...
The child's brain is so fresh that he can grab almost better than an adult.
And doesnt mean he shouldnt go to school... What if he studies mechanical engineering in school?
e go be like say na ABC Them dey teach am...
Remember

"teach a child in the way he should go and when he grows up....."

16 Likes

Re: Mechanic Pictured Training His 2-Year-Old Son In Akwa Ibom State by Jossyroyal1: 3:35pm On Oct 03, 2018
Very proper... That's way to go 100%..

I suffer much in life and during my university days because I dont have the skillset require to make money legitimately... I had to resort to manual labour...
My boss's son who is 11yrs goes to ICT school after closing from SCH everyday. The goal is by 14 he will be programming, designing graphix, building websites and developing apps so to be able to make money and be responsible for himself when he gets to SS1 and be married by 23yrs of age

I will do the same infact. We need to understand that education alone can't help in this present Nigeria.. I currently have many certificate no one is interested in

15 Likes

Re: Mechanic Pictured Training His 2-Year-Old Son In Akwa Ibom State by Maestro07(m): 3:35pm On Oct 03, 2018
That is a way better than parents teaching children fashion and all other endtime activities...
Re: Mechanic Pictured Training His 2-Year-Old Son In Akwa Ibom State by abjisperson(m): 3:36pm On Oct 03, 2018
Good work sir....keep it up, after all all the fed govt jobs have been exclusively reserved for aboki people

2 Likes

Re: Mechanic Pictured Training His 2-Year-Old Son In Akwa Ibom State by casspersteve: 3:36pm On Oct 03, 2018
dominique:

Attitudinal nonsense

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mechanic Pictured Training His 2-Year-Old Son In Akwa Ibom State by mokt(m): 3:36pm On Oct 03, 2018
ChiefAzubuikeh:

Ahhh, wee you keep kwaiet? Haba, who offended you?

1 Like

Re: Mechanic Pictured Training His 2-Year-Old Son In Akwa Ibom State by stubbornman(m): 3:36pm On Oct 03, 2018
I wish i had someone teach me stuffs like this while i was little..... some of you up there criticising the man ...fuucck you all.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mechanic Pictured Training His 2-Year-Old Son In Akwa Ibom State by chocboi78(m): 3:36pm On Oct 03, 2018
dominique:
re u kidding me?? They all have to do with mechanics..... I was a maths and physics guru in essay but can't even make a simple circuit.... If he learns d practical from A very young age, He will surely do well when education is applied.. Besides d man already said the boy is in school

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mechanic Pictured Training His 2-Year-Old Son In Akwa Ibom State by idu1(m): 3:37pm On Oct 03, 2018
That is too risky for the boy. God forbid bad the keke collapse...

2 Likes

Re: Mechanic Pictured Training His 2-Year-Old Son In Akwa Ibom State by Hidentity(m): 3:37pm On Oct 03, 2018
ChiefAzubuikeh:

You can't address an issue without making sad tribal innuendos? One begins to question the origin of your problem. Could it be that you were born and not well brought up or you had a good upbringing but threw it away when you got to the city? Whichever it is, if you continue this way, Nigeria has an additional problem to contend with.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mechanic Pictured Training His 2-Year-Old Son In Akwa Ibom State by TheVerdict: 3:38pm On Oct 03, 2018
[quote author=ChiefAzubuikeh post=71743919] At least better than one ancient tribe like that (can't remember the name) that train their children to be skull miners and skeleton uprooters. [/lquote]

Answer not a fool according to his folly. You are in luck today.
Re: Mechanic Pictured Training His 2-Year-Old Son In Akwa Ibom State by TheVerdict: 3:38pm On Oct 03, 2018
[quote author=ChiefAzubuikeh post=71743919] At least better than one ancient tribe like that (can't remember the name) that train their children to be skull miners and skeleton uprooters. [/lquote]

Answer not a fool according to his folly. You are in luck today.
Re: Mechanic Pictured Training His 2-Year-Old Son In Akwa Ibom State by davodyguy: 3:39pm On Oct 03, 2018
Very wrong. He's exposing the life of the child to danger.

Nothing wrong in apprenticeship for the child, but not at this stage, when the child cant even decipher properly his left from his right.

If the tricycle falls over, he may be injured and survive, but what about the little kid?
Re: Mechanic Pictured Training His 2-Year-Old Son In Akwa Ibom State by tunary(m): 3:39pm On Oct 03, 2018
dominique:

aeroplane, that's not exactly what he meant nah
Re: Mechanic Pictured Training His 2-Year-Old Son In Akwa Ibom State by yinkarh187(m): 3:39pm On Oct 03, 2018
dominique:

lol go and sit down. You're probably Art-inclined and blindly spitting rubbish on things you have no knowledge about

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

One Legged Man Carrying Cement Bag (Photos) / They Were Expecting Sack Letter But She Surprised Them With Iphone 13 PRO MAX / MTN Laying Off Over 4000 Workers, Happening Right Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.