Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,195 members, 7,818,651 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:47 PM

PDP Has Officially Extended Invitation To Lagos Governor - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Has Officially Extended Invitation To Lagos Governor (5702 Views)

Why PDP Has Not Sanctioned Wike – Ologbondiyan / Babajide Sanwo-olu Celebrates His Victory As Next Lagos Governor! / PDP Has Confirmed That Their Governors Have Deserted Them — Festus Keyamo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP Has Officially Extended Invitation To Lagos Governor by Johnnyessence(m): 11:58am On Oct 03, 2018
PDP Has Officially Extended Invitation To Lagos Governor

Governor Akinwunmi Ambode has been officially invited to join the Lagos State chapter of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP.
The invitation was extended to the incumbent governor by the party's Publicity Secretary, Taofeek Gani, in a recent interview.

Gani, in the interview, said the PDP is more than willing to accept Ambode if he decides to leave the All Progressive Congress, APC.

Now that the sitting Lagos State Governor, Akinwunmi Ambode has lost APC Guber ticket to national party leader anointed candidate, Jide Sanwo-Olu there is hope for him to contest under PDP.

Already, Deji Doherty and Jimi Agbaje have picked the PDP nomination forms for the governorship ticket in PDP.

Native Reporters learnt that Gani said, “Any forward-looking party would not have rejected its main opponent joining it, especially a big personality like Ambode.

“We are ready to welcome him (Ambode) to our party if he decides to join for any reason. We are very ready to accept him if he decides to join us.

Native Reporters

1 Like

Re: PDP Has Officially Extended Invitation To Lagos Governor by Johnnyessence(m): 12:00pm On Oct 03, 2018
if the good people of osun state can't reject Tinubu style of godfatherism, I strongly believe that Lagosians will do the needful too. Tinubu is only stubborn in politics. it's the electorates that determine the outcome of election. I emplore Ambode to decamp to pdp that have structures and start his intense campaigns in what he has done since the last 3 and half years that he has been in the power. Ambode will have Lagosians support .

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Has Officially Extended Invitation To Lagos Governor by ashacot: 12:02pm On Oct 03, 2018
Johnnyessence:
if the good people of osun state can't reject Tinubu style of godfatherism, I strongly believe that Lagosians will do the needful too. Tinubu is only stubborn in politics. it's the electorates that determine the outcome of election. I emplore Ambode to decamp to pdp that have structures and start his intense campaigns in what he has done since the last 3 and half years that he has been in the power. Ambode will have Lagosians support .

IMPEACHMENT BUTTON

16 Likes

Re: PDP Has Officially Extended Invitation To Lagos Governor by Johnnyessence(m): 12:06pm On Oct 03, 2018
ashacot:

IMPEACHMENT BUTTON
in what basis.

1 Like

Re: PDP Has Officially Extended Invitation To Lagos Governor by dukie25: 12:08pm On Oct 03, 2018
Just waiting for Ambode to hand over Tinubu’s file to PDP so he can be exposed for the kleptomaniac that he is.

Mr Ambode don't forget to come with details of the mad man's medical records.

3 Likes

Re: PDP Has Officially Extended Invitation To Lagos Governor by quickberry(m): 12:11pm On Oct 03, 2018
Johnnyessence:

Dumb analysis.....u don't know anything about LAGOS politics.

16 Likes

Re: PDP Has Officially Extended Invitation To Lagos Governor by gurnam: 12:12pm On Oct 03, 2018
PDP is as confused as a woman that want sex badly during her menses cycle

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Has Officially Extended Invitation To Lagos Governor by ashacot: 12:12pm On Oct 03, 2018
Johnnyessence:
in what basis.

From the primaries, is it not apparent to you that JAGABAN controls all party structure of Lagos state n south west? If ambode dare decamps, State house of assembly members will just activate his impeachment before december.

When this is done, Ambode will not even run to ABUJA because he will already be seen as the Rival(PDP/SDP).

He will be on his own or with the LOOSER SECONDUS.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Has Officially Extended Invitation To Lagos Governor by gurnam: 12:13pm On Oct 03, 2018
Johnnyessence:

You don chop Adeleke and Davido money finish? They are looking for you and DemolaRewaju

4 Likes

Re: PDP Has Officially Extended Invitation To Lagos Governor by BeardedMeat(m): 12:13pm On Oct 03, 2018
Ambode is not needed in PDP. PDP will take over Lagos eventually no matter how long it takes.
The Lifeless he-goat in aso rock never believed he could become president.

3 Likes

Re: PDP Has Officially Extended Invitation To Lagos Governor by NonsoWow: 12:15pm On Oct 03, 2018
I just dey read and enjoy PDP wailings these days.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Has Officially Extended Invitation To Lagos Governor by raumdeuter: 12:15pm On Oct 03, 2018
Johnnyessence:
in what basis.
All these political neophytes sef,
How long does it take to formulate a basis

Example financial misdeed on one of the many projects even if it's a 10m project

2 Likes

Re: PDP Has Officially Extended Invitation To Lagos Governor by fergie001: 12:15pm On Oct 03, 2018
Johnny,he won't go to the PDP....especially for the fact that even the Federal supposedly backing him will join the fight.....
While some have suggested SDP....
I heard rumours of ADP...how true,I can't verify....

But it's likely,if PDP conducts today...it's gonna be JK....
So a JK v JS v AA.....would be interesting.....

There will be no margin for error on all sides......
Re: PDP Has Officially Extended Invitation To Lagos Governor by BeardedMeat(m): 12:15pm On Oct 03, 2018
gurnam:
PDP is as confused as a woman that want sex badly during her menses cycle
...and this is you whose sexual preference is cunnilin.gus during her menses??

2 Likes

Re: PDP Has Officially Extended Invitation To Lagos Governor by fergie001: 12:17pm On Oct 03, 2018
ashacot:

From the primaries, is it not apparent to you that JAGABAN controls all party structure of Lagos state n south west? If ambode dare decamps, State house of assembly members will just activate his impeachment before december.

When this is done, Ambode will not even run to ABUJA because he will already be seen as the Rival(PDP/SDP).

I beg to differ somewhere....
Lagos state...Yes
S/W.....No
Re: PDP Has Officially Extended Invitation To Lagos Governor by FarahAideed: 12:18pm On Oct 03, 2018
There is no need for that...Ambode should go and make peace with his godfather
Re: PDP Has Officially Extended Invitation To Lagos Governor by ashacot: 12:20pm On Oct 03, 2018
fergie001:

I beg to differ somewhere....
Lagos state...Yes
S/W.....No

You may say Ondo and to a lesser extent Ekiti, but he determines %60 of fed votes from south west.

1 Like

Re: PDP Has Officially Extended Invitation To Lagos Governor by fergie001: 12:21pm On Oct 03, 2018
ashacot:

You may say Ondo and to a lesser extent Ekiti, but he determines %60 of fed votes from south west.
Aiit......

Ogun nko?
Re: PDP Has Officially Extended Invitation To Lagos Governor by shevchenko(m): 12:23pm On Oct 03, 2018
Johnnyessence:
Do you not see the election was rigged ?
Where is your sense
Re: PDP Has Officially Extended Invitation To Lagos Governor by Johnnyessence(m): 12:29pm On Oct 03, 2018
fergie001:
Johnny,he won't go to the PDP....especially for the fact that even the Federal supposedly backing him will join the fight.....
While some have suggested SDP....
I heard rumours of ADP...how true,I can't verify....

But it's likely,if PDP conducts today...it's gonna be JK....
So a JK v JS v AA.....would be interesting.....

There will be no margin for error on all sides......
Seriously if Ambode go to pdp that have structures, Ambode will win. what he will only do is to campaign vigorously in the grassroots areas and also campaigns in what he did in the last 3 and half years that he has been in the government, I assured you that he will win. the race is between pdp and Apc cos they have party structures.
Re: PDP Has Officially Extended Invitation To Lagos Governor by Johnnyessence(m): 12:29pm On Oct 03, 2018
shevchenko:
Do you not see the election was rigged ? Where is your sense
Ambode already know that he was rigged.
Re: PDP Has Officially Extended Invitation To Lagos Governor by Nobody: 12:30pm On Oct 03, 2018
I thought PDP tweeted it.

What's official about this visionscopic thrash?
Re: PDP Has Officially Extended Invitation To Lagos Governor by Johnnyessence(m): 12:31pm On Oct 03, 2018
FarahAideed:
There is no need for that...Ambode should go and make peace with his godfather
he has made peace with Tinubu, I hope you know that the same issues rise up during fashola era then.
Re: PDP Has Officially Extended Invitation To Lagos Governor by Johnnyessence(m): 12:33pm On Oct 03, 2018
raumdeuter:

Example financial misdeed on one of the many projects even if it's a 10m project
I don't understand you here.
Re: PDP Has Officially Extended Invitation To Lagos Governor by fergie001: 12:33pm On Oct 03, 2018
Johnnyessence:
Seriously if Ambode go to pdp that have structures, Ambode will win. what he will only do is to campaign vigorously in the grassroots areas and also campaigns in what he did in the last 3 and half years that he has been in the government, I assured you that he will win. the race is between pdp and Apc cos they have party structures.
Then you are underestimating the power of incumbency....
Ambode will be toast if he goes to the PDP ..imagine a Tinubu plus buhari plus federal might.....Baba..he will be 'hotdog'...

So,the only thing is go to an amenable party to the apc....and uphold buhari whilst you do yours...shikena;that's if he is still interested...
Where is the grassroots you are talking about?
Johnny come Lag,he is poorest at the grassroots.......but he has money to throw around sha....
Re: PDP Has Officially Extended Invitation To Lagos Governor by Johnnyessence(m): 12:35pm On Oct 03, 2018
ashacot:

And he can still fight the battle with the help of pdp and other party faithfuls too. Ademola Adeleke fought his battles into conclusion, and till today he's a hero. Tinubu is just a stubborn politician.
Re: PDP Has Officially Extended Invitation To Lagos Governor by omowolewa: 12:37pm On Oct 03, 2018
Decamp to PDP?!

That would be vengeful mission, and I think there are more to life than vengeance.

Amobode was fully aware that he will pass through party primaries and it's necessary to play party politics tooo.
Even if he is a technocrat, he knows there is BoDroom politics to understand.

Fashola knew this and his prayer point to those who asked him was that, 'MAY YOUR LOYALTY NEVER BE TESTED'.

Political position is a trust, you breach it to the extent of your ability to fight your ways through.

Amobode is staying in APC and would get federal appointment very soon. If he can quickly resign, he may be our Finance Minister.
Re: PDP Has Officially Extended Invitation To Lagos Governor by Nobody: 12:39pm On Oct 03, 2018
Johnnyessence:
U want to compare the structure of Lagos APC with that of PDP?

Lagos PDP has a weaker structure than that of APC.

From what I've seen, Tinubu is really a jagaban though I can support him, APC neither will I ever support PDP.
Re: PDP Has Officially Extended Invitation To Lagos Governor by Johnnyessence(m): 12:39pm On Oct 03, 2018
fergie001:

Ambode will be toast if he goes to the PDP ..imagine a Tinubu plus buhari plus federal might.....Baba..he will be 'hotdog'...

So,the only thing is go to an amenable party to the apc....and uphold buhari whilst you do yours...shikena;that's if he is still interested...
Johnny come Lag,he is poorest at the grassroots.......but he has money to throw around sha....
they do their worst in the last month governorship election, at the end the voice of the people speak. it's the electorates that determine the election ooooooo. alot of threat from different quarters on distinguished senator Ademola Adeleke and pdp members, they even arrest pdp members then, but at the end electorates came out enmassed and votes for pdp and its governorship candidate. they didn't even expect it that he will won in the first ballot.
Re: PDP Has Officially Extended Invitation To Lagos Governor by Johnnyessence(m): 12:41pm On Oct 03, 2018
fergie001:

Ambode's work will speak for him during the campaign period. Ambode tried his best and the people see what he did. he will used that to win the Lagosians heart.
Re: PDP Has Officially Extended Invitation To Lagos Governor by fergie001: 12:45pm On Oct 03, 2018
Johnnyessence:
they do their worst in the last month governorship election, at the end the voice of the people speak. it's the electorates that determine the election ooooooo. alot of threat from different quarters on distinguished senator Ademola Adeleke and pdp members, they even arrest pdp members then, but at the end electorates came out enmassed and votes for pdp and its governorship candidate. they didn't even expect it that he will won in the first ballot.
I understand...Lagos is peculiar....I have lived there almost all my life
The word PDP infuriates an average Yoruba in Lagos,am been sincere....am sorry,if I hurt anyone;but that's the truth ..
Jimi Agbaje is seen as someone close to late Funsho and is been identified with and not the party ....
The non-indigenes will naturally flow with PDP for obvious reasons....but Ambode will not want to risk the fury of the Abuja people....so why fight two enemies at the same time?
Ambode is likely to contest as he will be urged on,but going for PDP will be the building blocks of his 'political cemetery'....not necessarily because of Tinubu but because of 'Abuja'....I know what am telling you....
Re: PDP Has Officially Extended Invitation To Lagos Governor by MrJanuzaj: 12:50pm On Oct 03, 2018
raumdeuter:

Dont mind him, Sunday Onyebuchi, Former deputy governor of enugu state was impeached on the basis that he opened a poultry farm with very little government money

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Enugu @ 28: Ugwuanyi And Dreams Of Founding Fathers / Obaseki Disqualification Has Made Adams Oshiomhole Certificate Surface Online. / Braking News Lie Mohammed Is Very Sick

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.